The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

Arsenal will be relieved that Jack Wilshere has gone... but he deserves some luck

COLUMN

JAMES OLLEY
6 hours ago
1 comment

Click to follow
ES Sport
Injury woes: Jack Wilshere
Injury woes: Jack Wilshere ( West Ham United via Getty Images )
ES Football Newsletter

or register with your social account

I would like to receive news and stats from the Premier League, twice a week by email
Continue
Already have an account? Log in
It is almost three and a half years since Arsene Wenger made a telling admission about Jack Wilshere, slipped into the middle of a generic team news update at London Colney.

“Maybe when he was younger we overplayed him because he was such a good player, but now we are cautious with him,” said Wenger in August, 2015.

Wenger went on to declare Wilshere would be back in “three to four weeks” as he battled one of many ankle injuries. In fact, he did not play again that season.

It felt at the time that Wenger’s confession had come too late. The damage had already been done. Hugely encouraging spells of progress — most notably when he forced his way into the England set-up last year — were invariably preceded by another setback, each time kicking him down to the bottom of the mountain.

Wilshere has fought that uphill struggle admirably at Arsenal, on loan at Bournemouth and now West Ham only to break down, facing the same questions as to whether he will ever be fully fit.

TOP ARTICLES
1/5
Waltham Forest stabbing: Boy, 14,
knifed to death in north-east London

READ MORE
Tottenham new stadium update: Arsenal could face Spurs in opening game
Arsenal consider Edu as new director of football
Emery urging Arsenal to find funds to sign Suarez from Barcelona
And so whereas the Gunners’ visit to London Stadium this weekend would have been another shot at redemption, his absence from the fixture is further evidence that his former club may have made the right call in offering him a heavily incentivised contract rather than the three-year deal he signed with the Hammers last summer.

Wilshere made mistakes as a young man — he was twice pictured smoking a cigarette before a third incident involving a shisha pipe provoked more condemnation — but the greater error may have been in the management he received as a youngster.

The 27-year-old told Standard Sport in 2011 that his injury problems originated from a hairline ankle fracture while playing in a youth team game, aged 16.

It took place on the final day of the season and he was told to rest for the summer and then resume playing as normal. Later, he learned the fracture had not healed. The problem continued through his formative years and resurfaced in the summer of 2011, when he got a kick on the same ankle, which later required surgery. Thus began a nightmare run of injuries in which he eventually amassed 197 appearances for Arsenal, 17 for Bournemouth and now five for West Ham. He has missed more than 170 games in that time and spent more than 1,400 days sidelined.

It is easy to say that Wilshere’s problems should have been diagnosed sooner, but those with an understanding of the midfielder’s issues describe a complex and often changing set of circumstances.

Of more significance, Wilshere’s serious injury in the 2010-11 season came during his 54th and final appearance of the season. He turned 19 midway through it.

Wenger often admitted Wilshere was in the “red zone” — alluding to assessments declaring a player at risk of injury — yet either acquiesced to the player’s desire to play or pushed him into action. “I rushed Jack back a bit,” said the Frenchman in 2013, after a further six weeks out. “He was not completely ready. How careful have I to be? I will get advice from the medical department and listen to how he feels. I will also use my experience and the fact I know him very well. He practises with me since he was 16, so I know quite well how his body responds to things.”

That last statement has not aged well. Wenger was rightly lauded for his willingness to give young players a chance, but Wilshere has seemingly paid the price for an excessive workload on his fragile body during those formative years.

One coach, working at another London club, once pointed out Wilshere’s unusual gait to me. “Jack runs like a duck,” he told me, suggesting his body may have developed atypically due to persistent injuries.

In March last year, Wenger’s assistant, Steve Bould, hinted at the permanent damage done. “I think perhaps he will always have a little niggle here and there because of the way he is structured,” he said.

That thinking was part of the reason Wilshere went elsewhere to seek the kind of contract his best football deserves, something West Ham were willing to take a gamble on.

But as Wilshere watches from the stands this weekend, Arsenal, who have often been rightly lambasted for misallocating contracts or failing to negotiate them altogether, may feel they called this one right.
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 34571.html

Tufiakwa worst medical staff in the history of sports :curse: :curse: see wetin dem do Santi as well :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... entus.html

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Turin is a nice place to sit on da bench :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... entus.html

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Turin is a nice place to sit on da bench :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good luck to Ramsey,10 years is a long time and making 140k a week is a good deal,he will be guarantee to to win major trophy and play on Cl every season
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Funny how in the last 12 months we had expiring contracts for

The Parasite
Ox
Alexis
Santi
and now Ramshyt.

And somehow this stupid club managed to extend the contract of the worst of the lot, that no other club wanted, and more than doubled his wages :shock: :curse: :curse:

Great Job Arsenal :roll:

Utter Madness :curse:

And Una dey wonder why Kroenke no wan give dem money :curse:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Rambo to Juventus looks done!

Thank you for the memories Son. History will remember you well. Olodo like Aniku-okporoko can chop bottle. Good luck at Juve next season.

http://www.footytube.com/news/arsenal-s ... -36m-66928

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... paign=1490
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:Rambo to Juventus looks done!

Thank you for the memories Son. History will remember you well. Olodo like Aniku-okporoko can chop bottle. Good luck at Juve next season.

Nah footy tube be ya source?

Dumb Ngwa Cannibal :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

MLK.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

The Guardian is reporting Ramsey to Juventus is a done deal. What a huge waste of money on their part. He will be parked on their bench by season 2. Also, I don't see how he works with Cristiano Ronaldo. https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-deal-36m

There's a crazy rumour out there Wenger is off to coach the Qatar NT. Would be hypocritical of him to do so after crying about big money spoiling the game for the last decade.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So I’m hearing that Ramshyt was making £110k per week and was offered £250k per week because he wanted Ozil like wages ? Eh? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

So now he is Turin bench bound for £140K ... ok great job Mr. Agent :laugh:

Unless the 140k per week nah net income then ... :oops: :oops: :D

MLK.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

anikulapo wrote:So I’m hearing that Ramshyt was making £110k per week and was offered £250k per week because he wanted Ozil like wages ? Eh? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I think it's tax free though. And he might get a sign on fee.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:

Idiota. I was trying to post the link from the guardian.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unai Emery has admitted Arsenal have no money to spend in the January transfer window and can only pursue loan deals until the summer

“We cannot sign permanently,” said the Spaniard. “We can only loan players. Only loan players.”

“I don’t know his situation now. We can only sign players later on. I know the club is working on possibilities of which players can help us with big performances like we need now.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 35581.html
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Heliopolis wrote:The Guardian is reporting Ramsey to Juventus is a done deal. What a huge waste of money on their part. He will be parked on their bench by season 2. Also, I don't see how he works with Cristiano Ronaldo. https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-deal-36m

There's a crazy rumour out there Wenger is off to coach the Qatar NT. Would be hypocritical of him to do so after crying about big money spoiling the game for the last decade.
How is he coaching Qatar be hypocritical on his part?I hope you know Qatar want a coach that can put a team for 2022 world cup as a host..
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:So I’m hearing that Ramshyt was making £110k per week and was offered £250k per week because he wanted Ozil like wages ? Eh? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I think it's tax free though. And he might get a sign on fee.
Yes its tax free and he get about 7 million tax free signing bonus.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Heliopolis wrote:The Guardian is reporting Ramsey to Juventus is a done deal. What a huge waste of money on their part. He will be parked on their bench by season 2. Also, I don't see how he works with Cristiano Ronaldo. https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... r-deal-36m

1. Rambo will be a hit at Juve.

2. Wenger has sacrificed for 22 years at penny pinching Arsenal and developed a world brand, and won a horde of trophies despite his limitations. He has sacrificed enough, including his wedding. I will not begrudge him cashing in with Qatar. Great move if he gets it.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Idiota. I was trying to post the link from the guardian.
What does that have to do with posting from footy tube :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Again you’re a dumb Ngwa Cannibal :mrgreen:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unai Emery has admitted Arsenal have no money to spend in the January transfer window and can only pursue loan deals until the summer

“We cannot sign permanently,” said the Spaniard. “We can only loan players. Only loan players.”

“I don’t know his situation now. We can only sign players later on. I know the club is working on possibilities of which players can help us with big performances like we need now.”

I read it this morning and I was hoping he was just putting on a front ..:. Anyway I don’t blame Kroenke .... these fools have mismanaged their business horribly anyway

MLK.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Just read Emery's interview. Smh. A top-10 revenue club like Arsenal can only afford to loan players? Stan must go!
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

anikulapo wrote:

I read it this morning and I was hoping he was just putting on a front ..:. Anyway I don’t blame Kroenke .... these fools have mismanaged their business horribly anyway

Stan is culpable he allowed regression under AW & Ivan to persist. Stan did not give a damn about years of regression as long as he got his CL money. Stan & Josh only showed up when CL money vanished.

Unfair to Raul, Sven & Unai they're paying price for AW & Ivan incompetence.

The irony that these 2 "football men" AW and Gazidis never understood how FFP works.

Under FFP commercial income & fees from player sales paramount. Yet Ivan & AW earned a grand total of 0 pounds for Sanchez, Welbeck, Ramsey, Jack & Ozil. Potentially a 165 MP in fees turned into ashes... :clap: :clap: :clap:

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

@TG are you saying Wenger and Ivan were incompetence?

At this point what should Emery,Sven and Raul do to make Arsenal great again(MAGA)?
I think we can get cheap talent that can improved the team,.Emery should used his France and Spanish connection get unknown talent.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Stan is culpable he allowed regression under AW & Ivan to persist. Stan did not give a damn about years of regression as long as he got his CL money. Stan & Josh only showed up when CL money vanished.

Unfair to Raul, Sven & Unai they're paying price for AW & Ivan incompetence.

The irony that these 2 "football men" AW and Gazidis never understood how FFP works.

Under FFP commercial income & fees from player sales paramount. Yet Ivan & AW earned a grand total of 0 pounds for Sanchez, Welbeck, Ramsey, Jack & Ozil. Potentially a 165 MP in fees turned into ashes... :clap: :clap: :clap:

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
Read your last paragraph and generally makes my point. These guys have been highly incompetent with the man’s money and the way they do business.

It began with 40 million and a pound for Suarez and then wasting money a few weeks later on Ozil.

I was begging for VVD, Alderwereild, yet we bought Mustafi and Chaka and Callumity.

And then doubling the shyt wages of a flake like Ozil, when the whole football world shunned him???

We missed out on Vardy and Kante and spent more money for Xhaka and Lacazette :idea:

Nah I’m not faulting Kroenke ...:

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Good news for the West Ham game is that Arnautovic’s Head has been turned by the mega offer by China and is open war with the club ... hopefully he doesn’t feature but there is also AndyCaroll’s aerial threat vs our brittle defense :scared: :scared:

MLK.