The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by tolahs »

We've to do more about appreciating efforts of agents to make their clients look like the biz. I find the whole thing about us & in some quarters Real Madrid courting Monchi to have been agent-inspired & now with Pallotta questioning Monchi's tale - my believe that we dodged a bullet has gotten stronger:
---------------------------------------------------
"Pallotta: Monchi had complete control at Roma president James Pallotta criticized former sports director Roman Rodriguez Verdejo, known as Monchi, for saying he left the club because of a difference of ideas.Roma: ...... Pallotta expressed his surprise at Monchi’s comments and made it clear he had given Monchi “100 percent control.”

“He asked me to trust him and let him do it his way,” wrote Pallotta, who is also a minority owner of the Boston Celtics. “We gave him complete control and now we have more injuries than we’ve ever had and are in danger of missing out on finishing in the top three for the first time since 2014.” "
https://www.apnews.com/14bfac65869c429c9c6331606626aa50
-------------------------------------------------------------

If he failed so spectacularly the one time he was out of the Liga(with full control) - how do we expect him to cut it @Arsenal
-------------------------------------

More:

“I appreciate that Monchi never set out to fail at Roma but I want to make something very clear; right from the start, I was very clear about the direction I wanted us to go in and that’s why we spent a lot of money bringing Monchi in.

“From the start, I said I wanted first class Coaches, first class performance staff, first class medical staff, first class scouting and recruitment and a first class football organisation.

“I gave Monchi the keys to deliver that. I gave him 100 percent control to appoint the Coach he wanted, to employ the assistant Coaches and the performance staff, to manage the scouting and to bring in the players he wanted. If you look at our results and our performances, it’s clear that this hasn’t worked.

“In November, when our season was going from bad to worse and everyone could see that the coach was struggling to get a reaction out of the players, I asked Monchi for his Plan B should things continue to get worse.

“He had sole responsibility for football operations at Roma but he didn’t have a Plan B. That was November. He said his Plan B was just to keep doing the same as Plan A

“So, if I read or listen to the radio interviews he’s giving where he says that the idea of the ownership was different to his and that is why he left, please let me know what Monchi wanted to do differently?

“He asked me to trust him and let him do it his way. We gave him complete control and now we have more injuries than we’ve ever had and are in danger of missing out on finishing in the Top 3 for the first time since 2014.”

https://www.football-italia.net/135949/ ... te-control
-------------------------------------------------------------

You can now appreciate why he ran back home. Not Arsenal material.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Na wa oooh, so who are the players that are bot going for international break?
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

anikulapo wrote:
Cally wrote:Much have been said about the Arsenal FC recruiting and scouting department, mostly by sections of the press, pundits, and many 'fans'.

One thing I've noticed though is that there are only very few players that these guys brought to the Arsenal, that left or were pushed out, and did not go on to either be successful in terms of trophies, or show that they are worth their wait in gold.

Arsenal fans (well at least the noisiest ones) are generally insatiable and deluded. They are largely responsible for pushing out most of these fine players in their prime.

Here are some examples:

Gervinho - still among the top scorers in the current season in Italy with Parma. Still doing his thing.

Schzesny - On his way to win a Scudetto, and has been very good for Juve this season

Fabianski - Has been among the top 10 keepers in the EPL over the past 5 years in my opinion. They ridiculed and called him Flappianski while he was at Arsenal

Ospina - Was deemed as not good enough, but has helped Napoli get to the 2nd position in Italy. If he comes back to Arsenal now, they'd still attack him and mock him.

Chambers - Has played very well in defence for Fulham, and filled in at midfield admirably as well

For me, supporting the players you have is much more practical and important than constantly mocking them and desiring what you don't have. I'm sure there are more examples. There are also some examples of players that were bought but didn't make it after being pushed out Denilson, Bischoff, Bendtner, come to mind.

Bottomline is that the Scouting department have gotten it right more often than they've been given credit for.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Einstein how did these guys do or how are they doing so far:

Chamakh

Denilson

Andre Santos

Nicholas Bendtner

Matthieu Flamini

And of course YAYA SANOGO

Oh I almost forgot Vito “Safe Hands” Mannone and Manuel “El Conquistador” Almunia

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Jesu gbami ohhh ... what a failed post :rotf:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:@ Waffiman,

Disagree with your assessment of Monchi at Roma.

Next to Barca, Madrid, Dortmund; Roma have arguably the best assemblage of young talent in Europe.

Yes they have had a poor season and all. Yes, some of Monchi's big bets (Pastore) did not pay off..But they have a reservoir of high quality young talent that will serve them well for years. And in Di Francesco, they had one of the better young Italian managers.

I listen to the owner Paloschi here in the States a bit; a very emotional guy..simply lost his nerve and started firing everybody...

What I don't like about Monchi though, is how he's forced Sevilla to fire Pablo Machin in his first season...Really rate Machin...
On the young players, I have no quarrel on the quality should Roma develop them properly. But Roma are for the short term my bro.

You and I know the deal. You do not lose to Lazio they way they did and expect to stay in business as the man in charge. The President was farked, he wants to keep his job, so he went after Monchi because his short term recruitment have failed.

Di Francesco was a victim of the crazed Italian desire for fickleness. It is really crazy to sack him for Ranieri. Pure madness.

On the sacking of Pablo Machin, I say he will be fine, he has shown enough to suggest he will get a top job soon and be a top DoF. I cannot blame Monchi, you really cannot have two Captains of one ship.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote:

Next to Barca, Madrid, Dortmund; Roma have arguably the best assemblage of young talent in Europe.

Yes they have had a poor season and all. Yes, some of Monchi's big bets (Pastore) did not pay off..But they have a reservoir of high quality young talent that will serve them well for years. And in Di Francesco, they had one of the better young Italian managers.

I listen to the owner Paloschi here in the States a bit; a very emotional guy..simply lost his nerve and started firing everybody...

What I don't like about Monchi though, is how he's forced Sevilla to fire Pablo Machin in his first season...Really rate Machin...

They fired him ! and Monchi right after ( Monchi says he resigned )...

Roma gaffer is now Claudio Ranieri...
:D :lol:

Another funny one. Monchi, like Jose and all like them play this con game to save face. They don't f00l me.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gooner1 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cally wrote:Much have been said about the Arsenal FC recruiting and scouting department, mostly by sections of the press, pundits, and many 'fans'.

One thing I've noticed though is that there are only very few players that these guys brought to the Arsenal, that left or were pushed out, and did not go on to either be successful in terms of trophies, or show that they are worth their wait in gold.

Arsenal fans (well at least the noisiest ones) are generally insatiable and deluded. They are largely responsible for pushing out most of these fine players in their prime.

Here are some examples:

Gervinho - still among the top scorers in the current season in Italy with Parma. Still doing his thing.

Schzesny - On his way to win a Scudetto, and has been very good for Juve this season

Fabianski - Has been among the top 10 keepers in the EPL over the past 5 years in my opinion. They ridiculed and called him Flappianski while he was at Arsenal

Ospina - Was deemed as not good enough, but has helped Napoli get to the 2nd position in Italy. If he comes back to Arsenal now, they'd still attack him and mock him.

Chambers - Has played very well in defence for Fulham, and filled in at midfield admirably as well

For me, supporting the players you have is much more practical and important than constantly mocking them and desiring what you don't have. I'm sure there are more examples. There are also some examples of players that were bought but didn't make it after being pushed out Denilson, Bischoff, Bendtner, come to mind.

Bottomline is that the Scouting department have gotten it right more often than they've been given credit for.

Einstein how did these guys do or how are they doing so far:

Chamakh

Denilson

Andre Santos

Nicholas Bendtner

Matthieu Flamini

And of course YAYA SANOGO

Oh I almost forgot Vito “Safe Hands” Mannone and Manuel “El Conquistador” Almunia

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Jesu gbami ohhh ... what a failed post :rotf:
Where is he today?I have to say he try in one FA cup final more than stars like Ozil :twisted:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

Another funny one. Monchi, like Jose and all like them play this con game to save face. They don't f00l me.

Speaking of Cons ..... Ahhhh never mind :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: CON-mander in Chief!
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:

Speaking of Cons ..... Ahhhh never mind :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Arsenal fans are a bunch. Monchi signed for Sevilla but he is accounting for over 10 pages of Arsenal season thread. Move on guys
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The next Yaya Toure?

Post by airwolex »

Now that's one Ghana boy that can ball, he is tall too so must have Naija blood.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:

On the young players, I have no quarrel on the quality should Roma develop them properly. But Roma are for the short term my bro.

You and I know the deal. You do not lose to Lazio they way they did and expect to stay in business as the man in charge. The President was farked, he wants to keep his job, so he went after Monchi because his short term recruitment have failed.

Di Francesco was a victim of the crazed Italian desire for fickleness. It is really crazy to sack him for Ranieri. Pure madness.

On the sacking of Pablo Machin, I say he will be fine, he has shown enough to suggest he will get a top job soon and be a top DoF. I cannot blame Monchi, you really cannot have two Captains of one ship.

I listen to Paloschi quite a bit here and he always speaks about the long term. That's why I say it appears he lost his nerve..But the big knock on Monchi in the short term was the failure of his bet on Pastore...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bouncino wrote:Arsenal fans are a bunch. Monchi signed for Sevilla but he is accounting for over 10 pages of Arsenal season thread. Move on guys
Too many Hollywood fantasists out here - we like what he did @Sevilla but conveniently brush off the disaster that was Roma FC even after Pallotta spells out the facts. There's no such thing as long term projects anymore - maybe in the German league.
If you develop hot players, you better be competing for trophies else big money will show up. Monchi's old news - move on.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Dubai bound squad: Cech, Leno, Okonkwo, Jenkinson, Mavropanos, Koscielny, Mustafi, Pleguezuelo, Medley,
Özil, Sheaf, Olayinka, Osei-Tutu, Thompson, Suarez, Gilmour, Amaechi, Maitland-Niles, Lacazette, John-Jules

Nice to see the injured join in the fun - Holding, Welbeck & Bellerín
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

tolahs wrote:Dubai bound squad: Cech, Leno, Okonkwo, Jenkinson, Mavropanos, Koscielny, Mustafi, Pleguezuelo, Medley,
Özil, Sheaf, Olayinka, Osei-Tutu, Thompson, Suarez, Gilmour, Amaechi, Maitland-Niles, Lacazette, John-Jules

Yes oh...Awon boys... :thumbs:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Man City, Inter Milan eyeing Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey
Manchester City have jumped into the battle for Atletico Madrid midfielder Thomas Partey.

The Ghana international has been a long-term target for Arsenal, but City are now in contact.

Corriere dello Sport says City and Inter are showing serious interest in Partey ahead of the summer market.

The midfielder has complained about a lack of regular action under coach Diego Simeone, though has insisted he is committed to Atleti.

Partey, 25, is contracted to Atletico Madrid through to 2023.

Read more at https://www.tribalfootball.com/articles ... 7zJDJRg.99
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

E l cost of the player awakens interest from several English teams ... and Italian. The player hopes to meet with Atlético in the summer to know the role that the next course will occupy.

Thomas Partey has a market price of 50 million euros, not the 80 that were published when on March 1, 2018 he expanded his relationship with Atletico until 2023 . A number that makes him a very attractive player in a market, English, which values ​​the physical and technical conditions of the Ghanaian.

Hence, several of the sets of the Premier (in Italy is also followed closely) have already surveyed the environment of 5 rojiblanco facing the next season. They seek to know the availability of the midfielder to embark on a path different from the one he took in 2011 when he arrived at the Atlético Academy.

In the absence of the last weeks of competition Thomas is focused on closing the course in the best possible way . There will be time, the footballer understands, to sit down and talk about the future. And we do not speak in this case of the economic and yes of the role that the player will play for Simeone next season.

That and no other is the concern of a Thomas who already explained at Christmas (true that he later apologized for his phrases) that his priority is to be important in the team. Hence, he wants to hear first-hand the intentions of Cholo and the club before facing a decision that, in his case, he would like to remain tied to the rojiblanco. But not at any price ... sports.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/atletico/2 ... b4588.html
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

airwolex wrote:Now that's one Ghana boy that can ball, he is tall too so must have Naija blood.
can we then claim Okocha & Musa?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Robbynice wrote:
tolahs wrote:Dubai bound squad: Cech, Leno, Okonkwo, Jenkinson, Mavropanos, Koscielny, Mustafi, Pleguezuelo, Medley,

My boy Holding back from injury?
We need him to get back to his best before injury and also BELLE.
If those two are fit and inform then Europa is surely coming home..
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

My boy Holding back from injury?
We need him to get back to his best before injury and also BELLE.
If those two are fit and inform then Europa is surely coming home..

Holding & Hector will be back next season - probably not in the 1st half but Danny Wellbeck is now running on the pitch - you can see him with the trainer running - he's outta contract tho!!!

Last edited by tolahs on Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Emeribe getting some praise.

Long may it continue.

[/video]

But why must they slag the Prof to praise Emeribe?
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:Emeribe getting some praise.

Long may it continue.

[/video]

See this forked tongue snake ... stay in ya lane you hypocrite . You’ve been one of the main fools wishing the man fails, don’t try and backpedal now Ole :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

anikulapo wrote:

Long may it continue.

[/video]

See this forked tongue snake ... stay in ya lane you hypocrite . You’ve been one of the main fools wishing the man fails, don’t try and backpedal now Ole :rotf:
Why would I wish him to fail?
Yes, I have been a heavy critic because he seemed to Bench our best players, players that have been immense in the last 2 months. Yes, Ozil and Rambo. I will still criticize him.
I am first of all an arsenal fan.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Nkume wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Long may it continue.

[/video]

Why would I wish him to fail?
Yes, I have been a heavy critic because he seemed to Bench our best players, players that have been immense in the last 2 months. Yes, Ozil and Rambo. I will still criticize him.
I am first of all an arsenal fan.

Onye oshi LIAR!!

Ngwa Cannibal Snake

MLK.