The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

On Ozil, i still stand by him as long as he is an Arsenal player. Soldier go soldier come i will stand by him as long as he wears that jersey.

Is it not amazing that people find a way to blame Ozil when we lose even if he is not on the squad? Even when Wenger and now Emery play him in alien positions without a hint of dissent from Ozil, the fault is still Ozil's win or lose.

Just like people all now have a way to blame Wenger for our current problems.Of course British jurnos have to sell their rags. Ozil today is the only world class player in our team yet we are all colluding to drive him away and instead of us seating comfortable to enjoy his last playing years with us. It is well.
Funny how you don’t extend the same sentiments to Cech :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Bros e don do biko. Stop being a Trump zombie :taunt:

Mesut is finished. Deal with it :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:
cchinukw wrote:At the end of this season, there needs to be a massive clearout of deadwood.

All we need to do is stay the course.

I don't care much for whether we get back to Champions League footie this season.

The rot that ate into the club in the later Wenger years needs at least 2 seasons to rectify.

We simply do not have any defenders to keep us up.
"massive clearout of deadwood" - how long have we heard that? Go back to Bendtner & now Jenkinson etc.
How does West Ham with an inferior squad play more disciplined defence than us? More than just getting new players - i happen to believe we need pace all over the pitch but our defensive habits are disturbing.
What you ask is near impossible with trio of Xhaka, Mustafi and Kolasinac. Fans love to fixate on idea that if coach just gets his tactics right any situation can be corrected. That West Ham midfield of Rice, Noble, Anderson, Nasri and back 4 of Zabaleta, Diop, Ogbonna and Creswell on the day was far better suited to impose a balanced plan of attack and defense than the imbalanced Arsenal.

Again I can't reiterate enough how easy it is for opposition to expose Arsenal systemic flaws away from the Emirates. Arsenal have the most poorly assembled, thought out, imbalanced squad in top of half of the PL.
The discipline starts with the gaffer - compare Rijkaard vs Pep - very similar squad - one was less tolerant of bunkum. Titi told the world what happened when he disobey Pep's instructions.
I remember Nasri's 1st match for Manc - it was away @Spurs - he tracked back like a he was programmed to - very rare while he was with us.
Talk about our squad - i think it was last season away to Chelsea - maybe the one b4 - Welbeck & Iwobi were the wide players - we defensively shotdown that team - the Iwobi who played a blinder in that match has such terrible defensive habits now - he made Zabaleta look like a 21yr old with Cafu_energy drink in his veins.
Bringing in new players into an undisciplined environment doesn't improve things - I saw Pep go to Liverpool away - one of his FBs always stayed back with the defenders while the other was attacking - that's pragmatism from one of the most attack minded coaches ever.
Same ManC vs ManU @home this season - Walker stayed back a lot while Mahrez stayed out wide - he wanted his backline to always be at least 3 - Emery ain't showing me zilch - he's been around long enough to make sure our defensive m/f 2 of Xhaka & Lt don't roam too far from their zone but that habit that was present earlier is now missing - question again is where's the discipline? What are his instructions to his players? Cos they look really lost out there. Does he need a defensive assistant who understands the EPL? It's more than getting new faces into this squad(which i support by the way).
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:I'm curious about the criteria you use to believe West Ham squad is inferior to Arsenal.
tolahs wrote:
cchinukw wrote:At the end of this season, there needs to be a massive clearout of deadwood.
I don't care much for whether we get back to Champions League footie this season.
The rot that ate into the club in the later Wenger years needs at least 2 seasons to rectify.
"massive clearout of deadwood" - how long have we heard that? Go back to Bendtner & now Jenkinson etc.
How does West Ham with an inferior squad play more disciplined defence than us? More than just getting new players - i happen to believe we need pace all over the pitch but our defensive habits are disturbing.
I am all for logic but let's not be vacuous with it. Arsenal aims to make top 4 always - Hammers aim to beat relegation always. We could go to their annual seeking to get Arsenal rejects.
The observation i'll make is you were so impressed with Manuel Pellegrini's Hammers that you doubt we've a better squad - gotta wonder why the agents of those players have them working at a level below their talent then.
We were outcoached by an old fox who's got us wondering where we're headed.
------------------------------------------------

“From the beginning, like I always say, we tried to play as a big team, to have the mentality of a big team, to have an ambitious mind and I think the team reflects all what I am talking about.”

Manuel Pellegrini
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

S/O to a legend: @PetrCech
20yrs in the game
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

A salute to the living legend. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Unfortunately his best years were behind him when we got him on the cheap.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Wow, good luck to Cech, but the guy get sense of humor:
I will continue to work hard at Arsenal to hopefully win one more trophy this season
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@afcstuff:Bayern Munich are interested in taking Arsenal head of recruitment Sven Mislintat back to Germany, with the German side believing he would be open to leaving Arsenal & feel they can do a deal before the end of the season. [Independent]
-----------------------------------
If he leaves - that'll be a massive vote of no confidence this early into the Stan_K project - pretty concerning.
I've thought Auba can be tapped up not cos he dislikes London but at his age an ambitious club could use him more so since he has proved so far that all that yapping by Dortmund about him is nonsense.
Really hope - it's false alert!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

So Arsenal are begging clubs all over he globe to take their parasite off their hands and no club wan gree take am even for free eh?

Worrahell :lol: :lol: :lol: and people wonder why Kroenke has said no more money until y’all prove yourself :laugh:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Remember when we were told on this forum that ... Ozil had offers from Man United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, and even Bayern Munich ... etc ...
Wenger bid against himself and pays the laziest player in the EPL the highest wages.
How stupid can one be?

Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:So Arsenal are begging clubs all over he globe to take their parasite off their hands and no club wan gree take am even for free eh?
Worrahell :lol: :lol: :lol: and people wonder why Kroenke has said no more money until y’all prove yourself :laugh:
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Again, because Arsenal pay players higher wages doesn't mean they are better players. And that's my point.
Let me ask one more time: How did you measure that we have a better squad?
How would you rate Fabianski vs Leno/Cech? I would take Fabianski
How would you rate AMN vs Zabaletta? I would take Zabaletta
How would you rate Felipe Anderson vs Iwobi I would take Felipe Anderson
How would you rate Xhaka vs Noble? I would take Noble
How would you rate Ozil vs Nasri? I will let you decide this one ... Nasri is on $80k/week at West Ham.
I'm sorry, Arsenal squad is average.
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:
bepanda wrote:I'm curious about the criteria you use to believe West Ham squad is inferior to Arsenal.
tolahs wrote:
I am all for logic but let's not be vacuous with it. Arsenal aims to make top 4 always - Hammers aim to beat relegation always. We could go to their annual seeking to get Arsenal rejects.
The observation i'll make is you were so impressed with Manuel Pellegrini's Hammers that you doubt we've a better squad - gotta wonder why the agents of those players have them working at a level below their talent then.
We were outcoached by an old fox who's got us wondering where we're headed.
------------------------------------------------
“From the beginning, like I always say, we tried to play as a big team, to have the mentality of a big team, to have an ambitious mind and I think the team reflects all what I am talking about.”

Manuel Pellegrini
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Mislintat is apparently on his way out.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... tat-future
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Sven off to Bayern....Banter era is full effect.

Sven exit just one more example how daunting task of rebuilding Arsenal will be. Rebuilding Arsenal is a full blown 5 year project. Retaining top football ops people for long haul, people who have plethora of other opportunities at superior clubs will be extremely difficult.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Sven off to Bayern....Banter era is full effect.

Sven exit just one more example how daunting task of rebuilding Arsenal will be. Rebuilding Arsenal is a full blown 5 year project. Retaining top football ops people for long haul, people who have plethora of other opportunities at superior clubs will be extremely difficult.

Dont you think there is more to the story than simply moving to a superior club?

I might be wrong but there is something wrong going on at arsenal......Ivan Gazidis left the club when he was supposed to be at his most powerful within the hierarchy after Wenger resigned. Afterwards Kroenke sent a letter to members of staff urging austerity. Then when the club was in need of additions, Unai Emery came out and said they cant even recruit players besides ones available on loan. Mislintat left Germany 14 months ago and immediately after settling in, he is already going back. My opinion is that, he is leaving because of the way the club is run....He couldnt do his job the way he wanted because of the stingy owner who would prefer to take money from the club than invest in the club (FFP is not an excuse because there are many creative ways of bypassing the FFP). Arsenal needs investment now.They are too big a club to be dump-diving for players when its quite clear they need new better quality players. Then there is the Sanchez/Özil/Ramsey issue. I dont think Sven is going to be the last one.

Kroenke has to decide now if he wants Arsenal to be the future Aston Villa/Leeds/Portsmouth or a club competing in the champions league. He can release statements about his ambitions and stuff but they will always remain that....mere statements unless he starts putting money in.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

bepanda wrote:Remember when we were told on this forum that ... Ozil had offers from Man United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, and even Bayern Munich ... etc ...
Wenger bid against himself and pays the laziest player in the EPL the highest wages.
How stupid can one be?

Bepanda
anikulapo wrote:So Arsenal are begging clubs all over he globe to take their parasite off their hands and no club wan gree take am even for free eh?

literally the worst contract in EPL history

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I saw the Sven rumor earlier today but ignored it but now .... who knows :scared:

MLK.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Would you rather scout players for the Europa League or would you rather scout players for the Champions League?
Let's not be fooled by our position in the table. Arsenal is closer to West Ham United than it is to Liverpool, Man City or Man United.
When a team can't even afford to pay $15m for a bench player at FC Barcelona, you know you are dealing with Bournemouth ... (no pun intended).

Bepanda
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

bk-one wrote:

Dont you think there is more to the story than simply moving to a superior club?

I might be wrong but there is something wrong going on at arsenal......Ivan Gazidis left the club when he was supposed to be at his most powerful within the hierarchy after Wenger resigned. Afterwards Kroenke sent a letter to members of staff urging austerity. Then when the club was in need of additions, Unai Emery came out and said they cant even recruit players besides ones available on loan. Mislintat left Germany 14 months ago and immediately after settling in, he is already going back. My opinion is that, he is leaving because of the way the club is run....He couldnt do his job the way he wanted because of the stingy owner who would prefer to take money from the club than invest in the club (FFP is not an excuse because there are many creative ways of bypassing the FFP). Arsenal needs investment now.They are too big a club to be dump-diving for players when its quite clear they need new better quality players. Then there is the Sanchez/Özil/Ramsey issue. I dont think Sven is going to be the last one.

Kroenke has to decide now if he wants Arsenal to be the future Aston Villa/Leeds/Portsmouth or a club competing in the champions league. He can release statements about his ambitions and stuff but they will always remain that....mere statements unless he starts putting money in.

I agree with Yankeegunner
I don’t buy that Sven is leaving because the club isn't backing him financially. A chief scout doesn’t want £200M to buy mbappe or dembele. He wants to unearth the *next* mbappe or dembele. Guys you buy for £10M not £100M. Something else is driving him out & that’s arguably worse.

And that’s really the problem: if we can’t win by outspending our rivals, and we are hamstrung by the contracts we’ve already given to aging players, our big hope was Sven unearthing hidden gems. Without that it’s hard to see where we find an edge against our rivals
Detective Bunk Moreland

bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
bk-one wrote:

I agree with Yankeegunner
I don’t buy that Sven is leaving because the club isn't backing him financially. A chief scout doesn’t want £200M to buy mbappe or dembele. He wants to unearth the *next* mbappe or dembele. Guys you buy for £10M not £100M. Something else is driving him out & that’s arguably worse.

And that’s really the problem: if we can’t win by outspending our rivals, and we are hamstrung by the contracts we’ve already given to aging players, our big hope was Sven unearthing hidden gems. Without that it’s hard to see where we find an edge against our rivals
I think he is leaving because of money....that money you need to buy a 10 million player and I do agree with him that it is for something worse....maybe the direction the club is taking or lack of direction by the club.

apparently he is leaving because of the clubs transfer strategy
http://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal/stor ... gy-sources
Last edited by bk-one on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

The more we see the less we understand... thats the definition of Arsenal now. :???: :???:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Uncle i dont know if the story is true but someone is saying its one of the reason Kroenke accept its time for Wenger to go.So in summary Ozil worst contract and cost Wenger his dream job for life.
Hopefully the world has some fool out there that can come collect him from us.350k a week is the worst deal of all deals
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

When you think of Arsenal today the terms hollow, flaccid, vapid, shallow, feckless are all accurate descriptions.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:When you think of Arsenal today the terms hollow, flaccid, vapid, shallow, feckless are all accurate descriptions.

I have been having these weird dreams that we gonna end up like Portsmouth :curse: :curse: :curse:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates