The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cally
Egg
Egg
The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Post by Cally »

Welcome to The Arsenal FC new season thread for 2018-2019.

2017-2018 was a memorable season for so many reasons. We look forward and move forward from hereon.

Merci Arsene!

Best wishes, Santiago Carzola!

Long live The Arsenal FC - The deeper the foundation, the stronger the fortress.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

Those new Home Jersey’s with the pink twinge na wa ohhh .... Hmmm anyway make I no offend our sensitive Nancy’s here with any further comments :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Channelling my inner Ohenhen to kickoff the new thread...

Sell:
Mustafi - 25M
Ramsey - 40M
Ospina - 2M
Holding - 15M
Lucas - 10M

Proceeds: 92 M

Buy:
Seri - 35M
Sokratis - 20M
Another CB - 25M
New GK - 25M
Draxler - 45M (using Umery's connection)

Total: 160M
Net spend: 58M - slightly over budget

We are not playing in Europe next season so don't need a big squad. Quality over quantity.
Starters for me;

GK - ?
LB - Monreal
CB - Sokratis, ?
RB - Naitland-Miles
CM - El Neny, Seri
AM - Draxler, Ozil, Mikhitaryan
Striker - Aubameyang

Subs: Cech, Lacazette, Mavrapanos (sp), Bellerin, Iwobi, Wilshere, Welbeck or Chambers
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Cally wrote:Welcome to The Arsenal FC new season thread for 2018-2019.

2017-2018 was a memorable season for so many reasons. We look forward and move forward from hereon.

Merci Arsene!

Long live The Arsenal FC - The deeper the foundation, the stronger the fortress.
Isn't this a bit too early?

The title should be Arsenal 2018-2019 PRESEASON.

And Waffiman is the official unofficial Arsenal season thread starter.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

No wonder you guys hardly do anything.....premature celebrations
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Cellular wrote:
Cally wrote:Welcome to The Arsenal FC new season thread for 2018-2019.

Merci Arsene!

Isn't this a bit too early?

The title should be Arsenal 2018-2019 PRESEASON.

And Waffiman is the official unofficial Arsenal season thread starter.
:wink:

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

anikulapo wrote:Those new Home Jersey’s with the pink twinge na wa ohhh .... Hmmm anyway make I no offend our sensitive Nancy’s here with any further comments :rotf:
Not feeling that home jersey...yet

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

jdizzy wrote:Channelling my inner Ohenhen to kickoff the new thread...

Sell:
Mustafi - 25M
Ramsey - 40M
Ospina - 2M
Holding - 15M
Lucas - 10M

Buy:
Seri - 35M
Sokratis - 20M
Another CB - 25M
New GK - 25M

We are not playing in Europe next season so don't need a big squad. Quality over quantity.
Starters for me;

GK - ?
LB - Monreal
CB - Sokratis, ?
RB - Naitland-Miles
CM - El Neny, Seri
Striker - Aubameyang

Subs: Cech, Lacazette, Mavrapanos (sp), Bellerin, Iwobi, Wilshere, Welbeck or Chambers

So you’re not selling Xhacrap, and not starting him or sitting him on the bench .... Er what’s going on :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

anikulapo wrote:

Sell:
Mustafi - 25M
Ramsey - 40M
Ospina - 2M
Holding - 15M
Lucas - 10M

Buy:
Seri - 35M
Sokratis - 20M
Another CB - 25M
New GK - 25M

Starters for me;

GK - ?
LB - Monreal
CB - Sokratis, ?
RB - Naitland-Miles
CM - El Neny, Seri
Striker - Aubameyang

So you’re not selling Xhacrap, and not starting him or sitting him on the bench .... Er what’s going on :woot:
I will save his diagonal left passes for Carling Cup games, plus we need cover in CM for Jack's inevitable injury lay-off
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://metro.co.uk/2018/05/22/warning- ... g-7568226/

If this is true then I can’t wait for this guy to get his claws into Ozil and Xhacrap :taunt:

MLK.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

here we go again..have some respect for the worldcup assanal CE spammers
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Cally lock the thread for a while, let the season end proper and the outgoing thread get the last of the bush*t before staring anew...there’s a WC to come in a few weeks and Champions league final in days...then there’s the mandatory d#$% swinging about who saw Emery first...all thoroughly deserving of the outgoing campaign.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Coach wrote:Cally lock the thread for a while, let the season end proper and the outgoing thread get the last of the bush*t before staring anew...there’s a WC to come in a few weeks and Champions league final in days...then there’s the mandatory d#$% swinging about who saw Emery first...all thoroughly deserving of the outgoing campaign.
Coach! :D

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

anikulapo wrote:

Sell:
Mustafi - 25M
Ramsey - 40M
Ospina - 2M
Holding - 15M
Lucas - 10M

Buy:
Seri - 35M
Sokratis - 20M
Another CB - 25M
New GK - 25M

Starters for me;

GK - ?
LB - Monreal
CB - Sokratis, ?
RB - Naitland-Miles
CM - El Neny, Seri
Striker - Aubameyang

Gave him away for a sac of garri. That’s not selling him but trade by barter. :D
Last edited by Cito on Tue May 22, 2018 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cito wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Sell:
Mustafi - 25M
Ramsey - 40M
Ospina - 2M
Holding - 15M
Lucas - 10M

Buy:
Seri - 35M
Sokratis - 20M
Another CB - 25M
New GK - 25M

Starters for me;

GK - ?
LB - Monreal
CB - Sokratis, ?
RB - Naitland-Miles
CM - El Neny, Seri
Striker - Aubameyang

Gave him away for a sac of garri. That’s not selling him but trade by batter. :D

Why all the hatred for Xhacrap nah? According to some stats guys he is the most accomplished passer in the league, the tough tackling CDM Arsenal have lacked and the true leader needed ... abegi I no understand all this negativity towards him :rotf:

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Sell:
Mustafi - 25M
Ramsey - 40M
Ospina - 2M
Holding - 15M
Lucas - 10M

Buy:
Seri - 35M
Sokratis - 20M
Another CB - 25M
New GK - 25M

Starters for me;

GK - ?
LB - Monreal
CB - Sokratis, ?
RB - Naitland-Miles
CM - El Neny, Seri
Striker - Aubameyang

Gave him away for a sac of garri. That’s not selling him but trade by batter. :D

Why all the hatred for Xhacrap nah? According to some stats guys he is the most accomplished passer in the league, the tough tackling CDM Arsenal have lacked and the true leader needed ... abegi I no understand all this negativity towards him :rotf:
Uncle no body hate the guy,just not good,players like him are the reason Wenger was kick out.You don't used 30 million plus and buy such player when you could have used for world class ballers for same price.Wenger did so many bad signing with so much money wasted this few years,Did we need Ozil when he part ways with that much and we expect Ozil to do magic?Why give the guy that kind salary?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Sell:
Mustafi - 25M
Ramsey - 40M
Ospina - 2M
Holding - 15M
Lucas - 10M

Buy:
Seri - 35M
Sokratis - 20M
Another CB - 25M
New GK - 25M

Starters for me;

GK - ?
LB - Monreal
CB - Sokratis, ?
RB - Naitland-Miles
CM - El Neny, Seri
Striker - Aubameyang

Uncle no body hate the guy,just not good,players like him are the reason Wenger was kick out.You don't used 30 million plus and buy such player when you could have used for world class ballers for same price.Wenger did so many bad signing with so much money wasted this few years,Did we need Ozil when he part ways with that much and we expect Ozil to do magic?Why give the guy that kind salary?

Bia nwokem you do understand sarcasm? No? :scared: :rotf: :rotf: cmon son na wetin nah :taunt:

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Unai Emery dey talk English ?I hope he really succeed but is he better than Wenger?
Why did PSG let him go?Can I trust him to do a better job?
Wait has he sign a contract with beloved yet?Why did west Ham reject him?
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Sell:
Mustafi - 25M
Ramsey - 40M
Ospina - 2M
Holding - 15M
Lucas - 10M

Buy:
Seri - 35M
Sokratis - 20M
Another CB - 25M
New GK - 25M

Starters for me;

GK - ?
LB - Monreal
CB - Sokratis, ?
RB - Naitland-Miles
CM - El Neny, Seri
Striker - Aubameyang

Bia nwokem you do understand sarcasm? No? :scared: :rotf: :rotf: cmon son na wetin nah :taunt:
Uncle no mind me but why is this guy so bad?I mean oyibo also get juju to be selected or Wenger was more than a slow learner since moving to emirate?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The focus should be to fix the defense.

Sell
Mustafi
Xhaka
Ozil
Chambers
Lucas Perez
Asano
Akpom
Martinez

Buy
2 central midfielders
2 central defenders
1 right back
1 attacking midfielder

Depth

GK- Cech, Ospina, Macey
RB- New RB, Bellerin
CD- New CD, New CD, Holden, Mavropanos
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac
MF- Ramsey, El Neny, Wilshere, Niles, Nwakili, new MF, new MF, new AM
FW- Aubemenyang, Lacazette, Welbeck, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi, Nelson, Nkeetah
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ohenhen1 wrote:The focus should be to fix the defense.

Sell
Mustafi
Xhaka
Ozil
Chambers
Lucas Perez
Asano
Akpom
Martinez

Buy
2 central midfielders
2 central defenders
1 right back
1 attacking midfielder

Depth

GK- Cech, Ospina, Macey
RB- New RB, Bellerin
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac

You want to fix the defense but want to keep Cech and Ospina? Ok :rotf:

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

anikulapo wrote:

Sell
Mustafi
Xhaka
Ozil
Chambers
Lucas Perez
Asano
Akpom
Martinez

Buy
2 central midfielders
2 central defenders
1 right back
1 attacking midfielder

Depth

GK- Cech, Ospina, Macey
RB- New RB, Bellerin
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac

Cech and Ospina were okay. They will improve when the play in front of them improve.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ohenhen1 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Sell
Mustafi
Xhaka
Ozil
Chambers
Lucas Perez
Asano
Akpom
Martinez

Buy
2 central midfielders
2 central defenders
1 right back
1 attacking midfielder

Depth

GK- Cech, Ospina, Macey
RB- New RB, Bellerin
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac

Cech and Ospina were okay. They will improve when the play in front of them improve.

It’s clear you were watching a different team but ok oh :mrgreen:

MLK.