The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
azuka
Egg
Egg
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by azuka »

anikulapo wrote:Azuka and *****
Hope you are watching Germany vs Holland.

We will revisit your prior comments later :woot: :taunt:
Aniks please what's the final score?

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Lesson Learned: Never count your chickens before they are hatched.

And oo, isn't it now obvious that Ozil makes the German team Thick as in THICK. He's the only missing denominator (your english reach that one) in the current German team.

And while we are still at it, hope u enjoyed the masterclass displayed by Xhaka in the Switz victory over Belgium :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

THOSE WHO KNOW THEIR FOOTBALL KNOW WHO TO SUPPORT.

In Yoruba it means: Abinibi yato si ability.

Any Yoruba Gunner in the house. Chief Oloye kindly help Aniks out.
:tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :tic: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

And yes can we revisit my prior comments again? Remind me the comment please :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

azuka wrote:

And yes can we revisit my prior comments again? Remind me the comment please :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
So Germany get expose again in National league :thumbs: :thumbs: Germany is now a second tie team in Europe just like Bayern,both have fall down like a bag of rice.
I have to give it to Holland what they did to France and Germany was special,Is like Ronald Keoman what ever they call him has got them back to play good football.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... m-13617541

LT is the fifth most Fouled player in the EPL. I dey fear make dem
No break this small guy as winter approaches
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... m-13617541

I hope he is strong like Kante,You need see how Brazillian were targeting him when they play Brazil.
Uncle you know about this guy ?
Arsenal have targeted a January move for Spain international Pablo Fornals, 22. The Villarreal midfielder has a £17.8m release clause in his contract.Emery has kept an eye for the 22 years old during his time at PSG..
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Are you not forgetting something:
Azuka and *****

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

azuka wrote:

Azuka and *****

:???: :???:

Bros what are you on about biko?

You’re getting desperate ain’t ya :mrgreen:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Arsenal women suffered a HUGE set-back. Jordan Nobbs, arguable their best player, tore her ACL in the game against Everton. The season will get very tough from here on. Wishing her complete recovery.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

“It’s definitely my best season so far,”

“Without doubt, I think I’ve taken another step forward.

“It’s the best I’ve felt at Arsenal since I came to the club and the coach has had an enormous influence.

“He prepares us all and we have a plan. We know how to do it with the ball and without the ball. We know how and when to stand where.

“Emery is like Lucien Favre [whom Xhaka played for at Gladbach], a freak who pushes us back and forth, 10 times, until everyone understands.
Waffi looks like Xhacrap just went in two footed on Wenger :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

anikulapo wrote:

“It’s the best I’ve felt at Arsenal since I came to the club and the coach has had an enormous influence.

“He prepares us all and we have a plan. We know how to do it with the ball and without the ball. We know how and when to stand where.

“Emery is like Lucien Favre [whom Xhaka played for at Gladbach], a freak who pushes us back and forth, 10 times, until everyone understands.

I don't know what you and other commentators are going on about. Except for his final season which was an aberration, despite all the "improvements" made by Unai and the addition of a ball winning defensive midfielder in Lucas, Wenger's "poorly" coached Arsenal were a better watch, created more chances, scored more goals, conceded fewer clear goal scoring opportunities and controlled/dominated games better. RIght now, I'll take Wenger's Arsenal over the current one.

So far, this side has done nothing new. Wake me up when they win either the League or Europa Cups since this is something Wenger could not do. We can talk about the Champions League when they qualify for it. My point, let's go easy on slating Wenger because so far he did a better job than Unai when analyzing the quality of football played.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I don't know what you and other commentators are going on about. Except for his final season which was an aberration, despite all the "improvements" made by Unai and the addition of a ball winning defensive midfielder in Lucas, Wenger's "poorly" coached Arsenal were a better watch, created more chances, scored more goals, conceded fewer clear goal scoring opportunities and controlled/dominated games better. RIght now, I'll take Wenger's Arsenal over the current one.

So far, this side has done nothing new. Wake me up when they win either the League or Europa Cups since this is something Wenger could not do. We can talk about the Champions League when they qualify for it. My point, let's go easy on slating Wenger because so far he did a better job than Unai when analyzing the quality of football played.
I think you are missing the entire point of uncle Aniks,he has no problem with BOSS WENGER but that empty head Xhaka for praising Emery as if we have won something and he ha s been name player of the year.He give Emery praise and liking him to Lucien Favre,he make it looks like Wenger did not help his game or prepare for games and push them back and forth.
Like you I think we play some sexy football under Wenger,my issue is Wenger never hold the players accountable and feel he can do as he wish no one to question him.Wenger was helping the players than Arsenal.Wenger put the boys first,not many manager will do that.What kills Wenger is playing useless players trying to turn wine to water but Emery doesn't play sexy football like Wenger.Emery is an average coach and you can see it,there is a reason PSG let him go after two season,his first season he could not win the league at PSG,this is a guy who his back 4 is always suspect.When a team like PSG allow Barca to score 6 goals,something is wrong .I understand if Barca score 6 against beloved but PSG has quality players to avoid 6 goals in a game they need not open nyash more than 3 goals
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:

Azuka and *****

:???: :???:

Bros what are you on about biko?

You’re getting desperate ain’t ya :mrgreen:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:

Trying desperately to change the subject. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I take it you have bothered to read the whole interview and the good things he talked about how the club helped him and Emery has taken him on. Xhaka did not get to the level he is playing at right now without his first two years at Arsenal, plus he has Torreira now in that midfield that enables him play his natural game. Something I analysed here in June.

Did he say a bad word about Wenger? No he did not. Why make it out like he did? I know why. :taunt: :taunt:

Don't change the subject. Let's focus on the issues of Germany, Ozil, Switzerland and Xhaka. :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46292039

[/video]

Nobbs had a goal and 2 assists before her injury.

[/video]
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Ex gooner calling it quits this weekend - he was so great but almost always left us frustrated but on those rare days when he was on, you became a cult member again. Have a good next phase - Andrey Arshavin:

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

@marca:
The best quotes of @ UnaiEmery_ in the interview with MARCA:
"After 22 years of Wenger had to shake, sweep under ..."
"The Arsenal was falling, we had to stop it"
"I have two model coaches: Guardiola and Simeone

Gotta say Emery is spot on & fair. Our defensive structure in the last yrs of AW was lost, he for some reason seemed to give up on DMs & that was a miscalculation.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Marca:
Your Arsenal confuses me: sometimes you have the ball, other times you counter-attack. How do you define it yourself?

Emery:

Before Wenger, Arsenal celebrated the 1-0 and it was based on defensive solidity. With Arsene the joy was in attack, with high quality players. The perfect combination was the Invincibles, but over time only technical quality and offensive freedom were taken care of, losing the defensive structure. What I want is to unite both essences and be more competitive. Arsenal was in decline, we had to stop it and start climbing.

Marca:

Has that climb begun already?

Emery :

I want to create a team that knows how to play with spaces, to be able to counter-attack with or without spaces, looking to generate them with a pause. We are in that now: creating an idea, a style, to be competitive. We’re coming from an Arsenal that didn’t win against the top 6, and this season we haven’t done that yet, but it was also difficult for the team to win away from home which we have already improved.

MLK.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

players like Xhaka will undoubtedly suffer under Wenger. Wenger is nowhere the micomanager that Unai is. Wenger has a philosophy and he gives players freedom to play within that philosophy. This works great for established experienced players and especically players who are capable of self-criticism and self improvement. For others who need far more direct instructions, (.e.g. Xhaka), Wenger's style leaves them confused. Emery OTOH is a detail oriented, manager which is helpful for players like Xhaka.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

amafolas wrote:
slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

players like Xhaka will undoubtedly suffer under Wenger. Wenger is nowhere the micomanager that Unai is. Wenger has a philosophy and he gives players freedom to play within that philosophy. This works great for established experienced players and especically players who are capable of self-criticism and self improvement. For others who need far more direct instructions, (.e.g. Xhaka), Wenger's style leaves them confused. Emery OTOH is a detail oriented, manager which is helpful for players like Xhaka.

Ahem who leads the league in direct errors leading to goals ?

Ok Nough said :taunt:

MLK.
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

It is easy to criticise AW now that we have a different sort of manager. Time showed the strength of Wengers approach, I can’t think of any similar funded team or team operating under the constraints Arsenal were that performed as consistently as Wengers Arsenal. And the football was sweet on top, and we won 16 trophies too....

Some of us (I know Waffiman for one) always felt Emery should be the man after Wenger and we are happy the early signs are good. However let us not get too ahead of ourselves, for 22 years Pa Wenger held us down. I love Emery and want him to succeed but everybody needs to calm down and just support the team.

There is still only 1 AW, the greatest manager in our history.
To God be the glory
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

amafolas wrote:
slyk wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Hmmmm..... You sure.

Wenger is known for his work with young and inexperienced players far more than experienced players. Even the experienced players with self criticisms talk of how he made them better.

Xhaka suffered under Wenger, how? On the contrary, Wenger made him the player Emery inherited in this league. I hear the same narrative with Iwobi, thank God I witnessed Iwobi's development since he was 9 years old.

Wenger spent the last 2 seasons developing the player, by the last 3 months if last season, Xhaka was an EPL player. Above all, he has Torreira now, something he has missed, sibce we lost out on Kante. Finally got his next best partner in Torreira.

I remember what I said here in June, Xhaka has Torreira, so he can focus on his natural game, but they will tell you how Emery has improved him.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Who the hell is this Juan just come to be claiming Beloved was in decline...ain’t sh*t changed, except the number after the dot on the Range. Juan Carlos needs to fall back before he gets pushed back.