The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

“1 think you have lost touch with the young players at Arsenal, if you have not you will have a good idea of one of Wenger's favourite youth players. He is a RB, with pace to burn and can play, very much like Bellerin. His name is Chiori Johnson.

I like Tafari Moore, he currently held the shirt last season and is the most experienced in that position, he is also an England youth international. He has huge lungs with brilliant turn of pace, a weakness is he relies too much on his awesome athleticism but I really like him. But he has joined FC Utrecht on loan for the season. I really hope he gets games and comes back a better player. He only just signed a new 4 year deal in January, so the club has plans for him.

But the one who gets the big reviews and a lot of attention is Chiori Johnson.

He pate

Er on second thought make I slap Waffi :lol: :lol: :lol:

Urhobo wa yo man I don warn you to stop arguing with me .... Oya see ya life nah :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Arsenal should please sell him then. No more loan deals to 2nd division clubs. The guy showed he can play against Athletico Madrid. Why is he playing in the Dutch 2nd division?
I know you write a lot of stuff that leaves one scratching the head, but why exactly should Arsenal sell him? Because they have to make you happy? Or did Kelechi tell you that he doesn't want to play for Arsenal anymore? Or you just want them to sell him cause he played well against A Madrid in a post season friendly, and the almighty ohenhen wants him to move?

Let me kuku just exit this thread...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
“1 think you have lost touch with the young players at Arsenal, if you have not you will have a good idea of one of Wenger's favourite youth players. He is a RB, with pace to burn and can play, very much like Bellerin. His name is Chiori Johnson.

I like Tafari Moore, he currently held the shirt last season and is the most experienced in that position, he is also an England youth international. He has huge lungs with brilliant turn of pace, a weakness is he relies too much on his awesome athleticism but I really like him. But he has joined FC Utrecht on loan for the season. I really hope he gets games and comes back a better player. He only just signed a new 4 year deal in January, so the club has plans for him.

He pate

Urhobo wa yo man I don warn you to stop arguing with me .... Oya see ya life nah :rotf:
You dey call me wayoman but nobody wayo reach you. You put up a quote from August 2016, but since then, there have been updates from me. Why don't you give the full picture? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Here is what I said most recently (April 2018) about these players.
More than you. Live and direct as usual. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

My boy Chiori Johnson is still very much around but he has suffered with too many injuries of recent.

Tolaji Bola, LB or CH.

Jordi Osei-Tutu, RB or CH.

Tafari Moore, injury has affected him. Out on loan.

Arsenal Under 23 top the Premier League 2, Division One.

Arsenal Under 19 are 2nd in the Premier League 2, Division 2.

The Under 18s are 2nd in the South Division.

Our young professionals are doing very well as you can see. If you dey London, me and you for dey go. You will be amazed at how many Naija you go see there.
In 2016, when I made those observations, I was correct. Unfortunately, things happen in this game. Life goes on, when Chiori and Moore were having their struggles, CDs and Midfielder filled in for them. Then Vontae came through from Hale End and at his age, he has been one neck of a find.

I feel for Chiori and Moore but this is a ruthless, competitive business.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bouncino wrote:
Cito wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The club can do without signing a new goalkeeper until next season. That money should go toward a new defensive midfielder and a new center half.
In as much as Arsenal needs a Defensive Mid cover, that keeper department is awful. In short let’s say Cech is not a top 10 keeper in the EPL anymore. I don’t even want to talk about his backup.
\

Not particularly correct. Our defence exposed him big time. He had no cover most times. And that to me was more to do with the absence of a defensive midfielder.
If the rumours coming from Sampdoria are true, then this will be very good news.

If Arsenal bring Lucas Torreira for the €25m release clause, it will our signing of the summer. This is a player I look at and say, damn we need him at Arsenal. What I love about this player the most is his character. He is the pitbull we need beside Xhaka/Niles that fulfils our need for both a ball winner, plus a nasty, needle player all in one package.

He plays at the base of a diamond at Sampdoria, but he is primarily a defensive player that carries the ball out very well. He is also a brilliant passer of the football, he can do everything and he is a warrior supreme. He is like Kante and Verratti. But he is compared more to the later. Although he is not yet as good as Verratti, there is no doubting his potential. He will fulfil a role we so desperately need in our midfield.

Like I said 2 years ago if there was a Coach I'd picked to replace Wenger, it was Emery. Right now, if there was a defensive midfielder in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 formation I want in football which is a realistic target for Arsenal, it is Lucas Torriera. Something Aniks will like is, in a 4-3-3, Xhaka will have to make way for Torriera to play central of the 3.

In today's market, getting the exact midfielder you need for below £30m is a ridiculous coup, and I won't lie, knowing Arsenal and how parsimonious they are, is one reason I targeted this player. A lot of the Genoa papers saying, his Agent financial demands holding up the deal. :curse:

This player has the profile to play with any of our current CMs and I actually think we are looking a situation of Xhaka having Bherami and/or Zakaria, and difference it makes for Switzerland. But there is the other possibility of him and Niles with Ramsey in a 4-3-3.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

So our polish kid is still injured ? that boy better come find babalawo for naija o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See Wa Yo man. There are many Arsenal youth players who have been and are currently injured yet have not been shipped out. It means, ONCE AGAIN ... YOU ARE WRONG !!! :taunt: :D

When I tell you say you no sabi football and visual scouting but nah only text book and stat sheet you sabi you go talk say I too dey yab.

Oya Nyash don open you again :taunt:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

He pate

You dey call me wayoman but nobody wayo reach you. You put up a quote from August 2016, but since then, there have been updates from me. Why don't you give the full picture? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

My boy Chiori Johnson is still very much around but he has suffered with too many injuries of recent.

Tolaji Bola, LB or CH.

Our young professionals are doing very well as you can see. If you dey London, me and you for dey go. You will be amazed at how many Naija you go see there.
In 2016, when I made those observations, I was correct. Unfortunately, things happen in this game. Life goes on, when Chiori and Moore were having their struggles, CDs and Midfielder filled in for them. Then Vontae came through from Hale End and at his age, he has been one neck of a find.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Lyon pull the plug on the Fekir transfer deal to Liverpool at the last minute.

Liverpool will now turn their efforts and resources to sign Leno. Will Arsenal get into a bidding war for Leno?

Lucas Torreria DM linked to Arsenal. Reminds me of Ngolo Kante. Full of energy defensive midfielder. He is cheap at 25 MP.

Nzonzi linked to Arsenal for 35 MP, release clause

They are also saying Emery want to sell Lacazette, rumor.

Wilshere to hold last minute talks with Emery next week. Emery will be back from vacation.

Sokratis deal been held up until next month, 16 million pounds deal.

Arsenal linked to Argentinian Pavon.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

ohenhen1 wrote:Lyon pull the plug on the Fekir transfer deal to Liverpool at the last minute.

Liverpool will now turn their efforts and resources to sign Leno. Will Arsenal get into a bidding war for Leno?

Lucas Torreria DM linked to Arsenal. Reminds me of Ngolo Kante. Full of energy defensive midfielder. He is cheap at 25 MP.

Nzonzi linked to Arsenal for 35 MP, release clause

They are also saying Emery want to sell Lacazette, rumor.

Wilshere to hold last minute talks with Emery next week. Emery will be back from vacation.

Sokratis deal been held up until next month, 16 million pounds deal.

Abeg agai I ask is Leno better than Macey ?

Arsenal linked to Argentinian Pavon.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Sharrap dia. Don't try to shift the focus of the debate wayoman. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

1stly, concede your skullduggry by selectively posting my previous posts, twisting and bending the post to suit your wayo agenda. :taunt: :taunt:

Of course I am not a professional scout and yes, my views, like that of any fan and supporter can be tainted with subjective biases, no matter how objective I try to be.

Now let me give you more education. A lot of young players have been shipped out, including my very good friend's son because of serious injury.

Let me tell you now, there is nothing worse than serious injury to destroy the career of a young player in a big club. The fact is clubs like Arsenal have a lot of young players, an injury means someone else quickly takes your place.

But for a serious injury to affect a young player when his body is transforming from that of a teenage boy to a man is huge for physical development. Instead of growing the body's spends it all on healing, and in most cases it hinders physical, especially athletic growth.

This is devastating for young boys, many get affected mentally and never recover. My friend's boy suffered 2 fractures (He was not at Arsenal's academy) and he was never the same. He recovered but he just never had the same physical commitment he had before his injury. He was cut and these issues were highlighted.

The most important time for young players is the 16, 17 yrs to 20, 21. This is the were many young players are lost from the game and injuries play a key role in a lot of these decisions.

Yes, some young players do come through injury and thrive but many also do not recover fully and be better than what they were before injury.
anikulapo wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

See Wa Yo man. There are many Arsenal youth players who have been and are currently injured yet have not been shipped out. It means, ONCE AGAIN ... YOU ARE WRONG !!! :taunt: :D

When I tell you say you no sabi football and visual scouting but nah only text book and stat sheet you sabi you go talk say I too dey yab.

Oya Nyash don open you again :taunt:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

He pate

Tolaji Bola, LB or CH.

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Aniks. Rumours are Ramsey will sign the bumper deal of 5 years at just over £200 grand per week. But here is the very interesting part.

The rumours are saying, Ramsey will be made the new Captain. This obviously has implications for Kos.

So it is now clear that Wenger's love for all things Ramsey was not misplaced.

Also, rumours claiming Juve are offering Wilshere £1,000 a week more than the deal he has refused to sign at Arsenal. It should be noted, there has not been word of Arsenal improving the offer to Wilshere.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:Aniks. Rumours are Ramsey will sign the bumper deal of 5 years at just over £200 grand per week. But here is the very interesting part.

The rumours are saying, Ramsey will be made the new Captain. This obviously has implications for Kos.

Also, rumours claiming Juve are offering Wilshere £1,000 a week more than the deal he has refused to sign at Arsenal. It should be noted, there has not been word of Arsenal improving the offer to Wilshere.

I am against Ramsey being made captain...I don't know, maybe he is a highly disciplined man behind the scenes, but he is highly irresponsible on the pitch!

Maybe the strategy is to fatten him up for slaughter, i.e., sign him to a big contract, make him look shiny, then sell him to the deep pocket teams for a king's ransom.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ramsey is captain material. If he wasn't, he won't be under consideration by people with first hand knowledge of the Arsenal locker room unlike some one typing from Pennsylvania talking rubbish.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

ohenhen1 wrote:Ramsey is captain material. If he wasn't, he won't be under consideration by people with first hand knowledge of the Arsenal locker room unlike some one typing from Pennsylvania talking rubbish.
I look at Ramsey in national colors and then compare him to Ramsey in Arsenal colors, you could tell there is something very wrong at Wenger’s Arsenal.

He can actually be a very good captain if his tendencies to abdicate his position’s duties is adressed. I say sign him to a long contract and get to work on him.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

WAFFI WAFFI WAFFI:

I’m going to open a separate thread for Waffis Fables and Fibs if you don’t cease and desist :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

I guarantee you that that thread will reach 100 pages in less than a week :woot: :taunt: :taunt:

MLK.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Aniks. Rumours are Ramsey will sign the bumper deal of 5 years at just over £200 grand per week. But here is the very interesting part.

I am against Ramsey being made captain...I don't know, maybe he is a highly disciplined man behind the scenes, but he is highly irresponsible on the pitch!

Maybe the strategy is to fatten him up for slaughter, i.e., sign him to a big contract, make him look shiny, then sell him to the deep pocket teams for a king's ransom.
He is British
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Man this place has been boring since they succeeded in chasing Papa Prof Wenger away.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

Nkume wrote:Man this place has been boring since they succeeded in chasing Papa Prof Wenger away.
come again?.....who chased who away? :roll:
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Gooner1 wrote:
Nkume wrote:Man this place has been boring since they succeeded in chasing Papa Prof Wenger away.
come again?.....who chased who away? :roll:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Like we warn them Wenger will be kick out.Now e di do him like film trick seeing Arsenal without Wenger.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Cito wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Ramsey is captain material. If he wasn't, he won't be under consideration by people with first hand knowledge of the Arsenal locker room unlike some one typing from Pennsylvania talking rubbish.
I look at Ramsey in national colors and then compare him to Ramsey in Arsenal colors, you could tell there is something very wrong at Wenger’s Arsenal.

He can actually be a very good captain if his tendencies to abdicate his position’s duties is adressed. I say sign him to a long contract and get to work on him.
Ramsey if make captain then it means he is highly regarded as is a sure starter of the team.
Ramsey play very well for his country.I also feel like his position there is where he should be playing for Arsenal.
So is KOS and Cech leaving?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
You think is lie. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Waffi???? Is this English??? :rotf:

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Says Maduabuchi Ohenhen, the King of The Rubbish Pile :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please carry your nonsense to Rant n' Rave, and go defend your Emperor.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."