The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

Cito wrote:Niles signs a long term contract. I like the kid and this is a positive news.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/ainsley-si ... contract-2
Iwobi and Niles both joined Arsenal between the ages of 7 and 9. I know the club are betting on another 5 minimum from the Academy. We lost Manguena to Barca but I am hopeful of seeing an Arsenal 1st team with at 7 Academy players in the next 3 seasons.

For me, that's better than 100m in the transfer market. Yes. I have a bit of an emotional link cos I have watched kids like Niles and Iwobi go through the whole school. You cannot follow the youth team and not get attached. Emery is very much the man to continue Wenger's work in creating and developing Arsenal's Academy at Hale End.

All these kids had Wenger's personal involvement in their development and I witnessed it all. I cannot wait for next season to see how involved Emery will be. I know a parent who is hoping Emery will be hands on like Wenger. My studies of him tells me he will be.

Many of those kids are at Arsenal because their parents believe their children will get their chance if good enough. We must not lose this.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

A whole Akwa Akwuru Wenger overlooked by Madrid, what is the world coming to.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:This Torreira is a bloody midget. But please don’t say how tall is Kante because that one is a bloody cyborg and mutant Biko.

Oh well whatever ... Siddon look
Aniks, he is a bloody good player, exactly what we need after missing out on Kante. Getting him for less than £35m is a steal in today's market. This is one rumour I am desperate to be true.

For me, if this deal is not done before the WC starts, we will miss out cos others with more money will step in. Last night on Italian TV and local Genoa media, it is claimed that Arsenal have offered more than the release clause value. Also, they claimed the player rejected Napoli, who want to pay the release clause in 5 instalments which Sampdoria rejected. They claim Arsenal are offering the majority of the release clause in cash and pay of the rest in 4 instalments.

I have looked at all of this and must say, I also harbour some scepticism, could it be they are saying all these things to get Napoli to part with more cash for the player? Are Arsenal really interested? Only time will tell.

Here we go again. Your problem na say you be proper slow learner :taunt:

Remember ya yeye yarns about LeCoq when i said we need a bigger more atheltic version of him? Nothing against little terriers but when they face bigger stronger versions of themselves in the EPL, well Waffis fake stats no go bail them out.

Anwyay ive only watched minutes of videos on the guy but im concerned about his stature in a position wherer size and athleticism matters :idea:

What Arsenal could have been three years ago with the combo of GK and Nzonzi for a price that was almost equal to the fee for Xhacrap :curse: :curse:

IDIOTAS :curse:
Are you saying he is not athletic? Or is your fixation with size blinding your eyes to the fact that size is not the be all and end all. No good having size, without heart, attitude and if you cannot play, for example? How tall was Roy Keane?

Forget your crappy videos, watch full games. Don't worry, you will see him play for Uruguay in coming days.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:This Torreira is a bloody midget. But please don’t say how tall is Kante because that one is a bloody cyborg and mutant Biko.

Aniks, he is a bloody good player, exactly what we need after missing out on Kante. Getting him for less than £35m is a steal in today's market. This is one rumour I am desperate to be true.

For me, if this deal is not done before the WC starts, we will miss out cos others with more money will step in. Last night on Italian TV and local Genoa media, it is claimed that Arsenal have offered more than the release clause value. Also, they claimed the player rejected Napoli, who want to pay the release clause in 5 instalments which Sampdoria rejected. They claim Arsenal are offering the majority of the release clause in cash and pay of the rest in 4 instalments.

I have looked at all of this and must say, I also harbour some scepticism, could it be they are saying all these things to get Napoli to part with more cash for the player? Are Arsenal really interested? Only time will tell.

Remember ya yeye yarns about LeCoq when i said we need a bigger more atheltic version of him? Nothing against little terriers but when they face bigger stronger versions of themselves in the EPL, well Waffis fake stats no go bail them out.

Anwyay ive only watched minutes of videos on the guy but im concerned about his stature in a position wherer size and athleticism matters :idea:

What Arsenal could have been three years ago with the combo of GK and Nzonzi for a price that was almost equal to the fee for Xhacrap :curse: :curse:

Are you saying he is not athletic? Or is your fixation with size blinding your eyes to the fact that size is not the be all and end all. No good having size, without heart, attitude and if you cannot play, for example? How tall was Roy Keane?

Forget your crappy videos, watch full games. Don't worry, you will see him play for Uruguay in coming days.

Waffi you dis useless slow learner .... when will you learn smh :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Waffiman wrote:
Cito wrote:Niles signs a long term contract. I like the kid and this is a positive news.

Iwobi and Niles both joined Arsenal between the ages of 7 and 9. I know the club are betting on another 5 minimum from the Academy. We lost Manguena to Barca but I am hopeful of seeing an Arsenal 1st team with at 7 Academy players in the next 3 seasons.

For me, that's better than 100m in the transfer market. Yes. I have a bit of an emotional link cos I have watched kids like Niles and Iwobi go through the whole school. You cannot follow the youth team and not get attached. Emery is very much the man to continue Wenger's work in creating and developing Arsenal's Academy at Hale End.

All these kids had Wenger's personal involvement in their development and I witnessed it all. I cannot wait for next season to see how involved Emery will be. I know a parent who is hoping Emery will be hands on like Wenger. My studies of him tells me he will be.

Many of those kids are at Arsenal because their parents believe their children will get their chance if good enough. We must not lose this.
Its weird that Niles and Özil were the first players to be given assurance by the new manager but from reading the english media you will think that Unai Emery asked the Gazidis and them to transfer list mesut Özil. Apparently he wants to build his team around Aaron Ramsey/Jack Wilshere.....and that was according to sources closed to Unai Emery......Funny that Unai Emery was never directly quoted stating his worries about Özil or building the team around the said players.....Amongst the advantages of either being english or having an english agent is that your importance is likely to be overstated by the media or your demerits swept under the carpet.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

abeg he can be short if he's anything like Saaaanti Caaaaaarzola!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Its weird that Niles and Özil were the first players to be given assurance by the new manager but from reading the english media you will think that Unai Emery asked the Gazidis and them to transfer list mesut Özil. Apparently he wants to build his team around Aaron Ramsey/Jack Wilshere.....and that was according to sources closed to Unai Emery......Funny that Unai Emery was never directly quoted stating his worries about Özil or building the team around the said players.....Amongst the advantages of either being english or having an english agent is that your importance is likely to be overstated by the media or your demerits swept under the carpet.
Abeg no give our brother here headache oo. Aniks i no mean you oo. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Emery is merely styling, it could be argued, convincingly, that UE has the hardest job in football. Wenger buried Beloved as a contender and yet, all eyes will be on this Zimbabwe to see if they were right to dethrone the mad king. Finish outside of the top four and change will have brought false promise and failure. The inevitable exodus will follow.

The bell has rung for the final lap and Beloved, red faced and breathing heavily through flared nostrils, is watching as the Ngugis break from the middle of pack and surge towards the front. Dare they lose sight of Kipkoech now and they’re done for good. The media can’t wait to play the Brendan Rodgers, Sean Dyche or Eddie Howe card. UE is saying all the necessary, “build his squad around a British stalwart”, the same stalwarts Wenger posed like Willy Wonka behind. A quintet of best of British, the proceeds? Pathetic...UE is playing politics and being bloody smart with it. The last thing he wants to do is openly point his finger at the plethora of Wemgerian f*ckwits who were ALLOWED to get away with either not giving a sh*t like a constipated colon or being outright rubbish. Whatever next, “Holding will be the rock of our back line”.

Take nowt away from Aaron Karate Kid Ramsey, big fan, but this is just media puppetry. Ventriloquism of the highest standard.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Xhaka?

...signed Aniks :sneaky:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:clap: :clap: Arsenal might be back to its best,Emery will need to ship a lot of Wenger waste pipe and change the style of some players.
If he try to follow Wenger footstep he will be ship in less than 2 years.Wenger destroy the club before exit the scene.I wonder why he did not go for the Madrid job and win CL :?: :twisted:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Guys, any update pn Yacine Adii? :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

danfo driver wrote:Guys, any update pn Yacine Adii? :D
Yacine Adii? I seen Adii and he’s overrated. Not all that, no better than what we’ve got.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cito wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Xhaka?

:rotf:

Xhaka’s heart is willing .... the brain and body just can’t cut it :idea:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Nor mind am. Looks like this is happening.
Arsenal agree £26.4m deal to sign Sampdoria’s Lucas Torreira.
https://amp.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ssion=true

For me, this deal must be done before the WC or else the club's with more money will take the player off us.

While he is looking for big players, he forgets about what is really needed given the philosophy of the Coach and how he wants to play it. Emery's teams does like the physical, athletic type that can play, but we have Niles, Sheaf and Da Silva. I don't think Emery is the type to ignore such talent and go into the market. What we are looking for is a Torreira type. A ball winner who can play and he has a helluva shot on him too when he ventures forward.

BTW! Torreira can also replace Xhaka cos his ability offers flexibility.

In a 4-3-3 formation. The base 3 can be Niles-Xhaka-Torreira. This base along with the back 4, offers everything in defence and attacking from deep. Niles and Torreira have the pace and ability to run with the ball at pace from deep when they win it. Torreira has a good bit of Santi's passing range.

The problem here will be who misses out of Ozil, Laca, Auba and Ramsey for remaining attacking 4 places.

There is no way Emery will play Ramsey as one of the 2 or or 3 in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation. He is far more pragmatic and defensive. Besides, he will not need to because it is becoming obvious there will be changes.

We all talk if those coming in. It will be interesting to see those going out.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Thomas Lemar has signed for Atletico Madrid.

Torreira is too short? As was Cazorla no doubt :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Xhaka?

Go speak to most Arsenal fans, they will tell you he was our best player for the 2nd part of last season. Wenger moved him to his favourite position and gradually he returned to his best.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

platinum wrote:Thomas Lemar has signed for Atletico Madrid.

Another favourite of mine.

Had a poor season but not his fault. I blame his club for playing hard ball. Now they will lose a lot of money on the valuation of the player.

They claim he will wear the number 10 shirt at AM.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

You are spot on. I tend to ignore most of the English press cos of their terrible coverage.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

For me, this deal must be done before the WC or else the club's with more money will take the player off us.

While he is looking for big players, he forgets about what is really needed given the philosophy of the Coach and how he wants to play it. Emery's teams does like the physical, athletic type that can play, but we have Niles, Sheaf and Da Silva. I don't think Emery is the type to ignore such talent and go into the market. What we are looking for is a Torreira type. A ball winner who can play and he has a helluva shot on him too when he ventures forward.

In a 4-3-3 formation. The base 3 can be Niles-Xhaka-Torreira. This base along with the back 4, offers everything in defence and attacking from deep. Niles and Torreira have the pace and ability to run with the ball at pace from deep when they win it. Torreira has a good bit of Santi's passing range.

The problem here will be who misses out of Ozil, Laca, Auba and Ramsey for remaining attacking 4 places.

There is no way Emery will play Ramsey as one of the 2 or or 3 in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation. He is far more pragmatic and defensive. Besides, he will not need to because it is becoming obvious there will be changes.

Waffi again sometimes I wonder if dem drop you down tree head first for Sapele :taunt:

Again raising a concern about a diminutive foreign player coming to play in a rugged EPL at a physically demanding position na em dey cause you all these comprehension issues?

Like I said I haven’t really watched him play live but I’m really concerned about his size just like I said about Le Coq, and was proven right, despite your usual “always wrong “ drivel :taunt:

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Xhaka?

Go speak to most Arsenal fans, they will tell you he was our best player for the 2nd part of last season. Wenger moved him to his favourite position and gradually he returned to his best.

Who are these fans? The drug addicts and muppets who can’t pass an alcohol, drug or mental competence test? What games did you watch and what kinda crew are you hanging with :rotf:

See Madness ohh :rotf: Did I not tell you he was the Swiss version of Tom Huddlestone? What has he done to disprove this?

ANWYAY why bother : SLOW LEARNER :taunt:

MLK.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Lemar for how much? Atleti get money pass Arsenal?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Lemar for how much? Atleti get money pass Arsenal?
Na Antoine Griezmann’s money dem dey spend in advance. :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

Waffi again sometimes I wonder if dem drop you down tree head first for Sapele :taunt:

Again raising a concern about a diminutive foreign player coming to play in a rugged EPL at a physically demanding position na em dey cause you all these comprehension issues?

Like I said I haven’t really watched him play live but I’m really concerned about his size just like I said about Le Coq, and was proven right, despite your usual “always wrong “ drivel :taunt:
Are you serious? Le Coq lost his place when the one player who complimented him got injured. Notice how effective he became at Valencia playing with a players similar to Santi.

BTW! Coq is physical and very athletic. Him losing out was cos he lost his form, when he lost the one player he complimented.

I have been banging on here since we got Xhaka that he needs a 'Kante' like player next to him. We saw how well Xhaka played in Germany with that player that complimented him. Xhaka has improved his mobility and overall game since he joined Arsenal. He has said playing box to box has improved him, that is not in doubt. The numbers don't lie.

For me, if we get Torreira, we have addressed a huge hole in our system. His signing, if it happens, will be one of the buys of the summer. Why? Xhaka and Torreira have attributes that will compliment each other extremely well. We need partnerships in CM, we just could not get the blend right since Santi's injury. With Santi gone, it is clear the club had to do something.

Come next season, I know you will be reading people claim Emery has improved Xhaka, that will be because, Wenger has done all the hard work in the last two seasons, now he needs the right player next to him and in Torreira together with Niles, I am confident we will be a match for any midfield in the league.

But Arsenal must get Xhaka to sign a new deal first before the season starts.