The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Nkume »

Arsenal should man up and pay Rambo the cash!
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Nkume wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Nkume wrote:Rather than Dembele (who would be great), I would rather get a young dominant CD (Varane, Umtiti, or Pavard).

and someone would give any of those to you?
WHo said anything about giving? They have to be bought. :mad:

donate ya salary make we tell Real to manage am and give us Varane now, ah ah.

Waffi has told you lot for years that we don't have money to be spending around on big players :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Our goal is not to buy trophies, but to win them through honest work and with the players we groomed (or could afford on our budget). This one that you are saying we should go and get top defenders from Real/Barca get as e be....
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Nkume wrote:Arsenal should man up and pay Rambo the cash!
Not being controvertial o but I with Aniks on Nzonzi.. Sell Rambo and take the money to tempt Sevilla for Nzonzi.. luckily some big club will fall mugu and pay big bucks for him like Manure ..

Rambo cannot at this late stage in his life be forced to learn discipline - I am sorry I asm of the school - no new tricks for old nkita... I love his hustle to death but dislike his discipline or lack of it..

Chei..the way Nzonzi just slotted in yesterday and help Pogba breath was beauty to behold, the yellow card had shackled kante and thus Pogba but Nzonzi...please just buy him and dash Sevilla Ramsey
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
Nkume wrote:Arsenal should man up and pay Rambo the cash!
Not being controvertial o but I with Aniks on Nzonzi.. Sell Rambo and take the money to tempt Sevilla for Nzonzi.. luckily some big club will fall mugu and pay big bucks for him like Manure ..

Rambo cannot at this late stage in his life be forced to learn discipline - I am sorry I asm of the school - no new tricks for old nkita... I love his hustle to death but dislike his discipline or lack of it..

Chei..the way Nzonzi just slotted in yesterday and help Pogba breath was beauty to behold, the yellow card had shackled kante and thus Pogba but Nzonzi...please just buy him and dash Sevilla Ramsey
Nzonzi is my guy but please no point selling Ramsey who I think my opinion is better than Xhaka,if we have to sell to bu why not sell Xhaka?Ramsey brings to the table what xhaka cant,A good coach will help Ramsey be good as he is in Wales.Play him behind CF,i don't even think Ozil is better than him.On ramsey day he will carry the team on his own,the kind of goals he has score or bail us out is something likes of xhaka and Ozil will NEVER EVER DO in their life time.
I will not mind if Ramsey,Ozil, and Xhaka all get sold this summer and likes of Nzonzi,Dybala are brought in as Juve is even looking for money after coughing 100 million for Ronaldo
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

The sad thing is that Nzonzi is losing his legs as he approaches 30. The Nzonzi of four to five years ago? Arghhhhh :curse: :curse: :curse: thunder fire Wengers dithering skinny French Nyash :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Nzonzi is my guy but please no point selling Ramsey who I think my opinion is better than Xhaka,if we have to sell to bu why not sell Xhaka?Ramsey brings to the table what xhaka cant,A good coach will help Ramsey be good as he is in Wales.Play him behind CF,i don't even think Ozil is better than him.On ramsey day he will carry the team on his own,the kind of goals he has score or bail us out is something likes of xhaka and Ozil will NEVER EVER DO in their life time.
I will not mind if Ramsey,Ozil, and Xhaka all get sold this summer and likes of Nzonzi,Dybala are brought in as Juve is even looking for money after coughing 100 million for Ronaldo[/quote]

We will get more money for Ramsey.. ( he is more versatile than Xhaka )...plus Xhaka earns ( or will earn less than Ramsey if Ramsey gets the new contract he wants ) ... so when you add those two cost factors ...Ramsey should be sold.

Plus Xhaka's game will improve now with the little terrier ( abi na torriera heheh )

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:The sad thing is that Nzonzi is losing his legs as he approaches 30. The Nzonzi of four to five years ago? Arghhhhh :curse: :curse: :curse: thunder fire Wengers dithering skinny French Nyash :curse:
Agree and he should not be a long term plan,he can be a two years service player while getting replacement.
Uncle I heard OGA Pelle want to bring Santi to west Ham.West Ham is silently building some tough team.
Blukyt
Egg
Egg

Post by Blukyt »

Rambo for me should be kept except we can get Dybala in. If not I'd rather let Elneny, Welbeck and Xhaka (but just signed a new deal). I actually like Elneny but he's no Nzonzi. Welbeck is just not up to it.

Tbh if we could get top money I would sell Ozil+Elneny+Welbeck and try to get Dybala+Nzonzi+Douglas Costa in.

The thought of our outfield line up looking like this is delicious

------------------Leno--------------
-Bellerin--Sokratis--Kos--Monreal-
-------Nzonzi-------Torreira--------
---------------Ramsey------------
-----Costa-----------Dybala----
------------Aubameyang----------
lionga
Egg
Egg

Post by lionga »

Arsene Wenger: In retrospect...

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... l-14916477
And what if you told us your biggest mistake?
Perhaps staying at the same club for 22 years. I'm someone who likes to move around a lot, but I also like a challenge. I've been a prisoner of my own challenge at times.

And what if you told us what you regret sacrificing to have this career?
I regret having sacrificed everything I did because I realise I've hurt a lot of people around me. I've neglected a lot of people. I've neglected my family, I've neglected many close ones. Deep down though, the obsessed man is selfish in his pursuit of what he loves. He ignores a lot of other things. But it's a bone to chase at the same time.

Often, I'm asked if Thierry Henry and Patrick Vieira will be good managers and I always answer yes. They have all the qualities; they're intelligent, they know football, they have excellent skillset, but do they want to sacrifice what needs to be sacrificed. It's an obsession which bounces around your head day and night.

You wake up at 3am thinking about team selection, tactics, formation…
Ya don't say, Arsene, ya don't say...
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Guys no need weeping for what should have been.

When Nzonzi came on, you could see flashes of what he was doing at a younger age but he is old now.

Do you expect him to perform in a high tempo league week in week out?

If you notice, Unai is incorporating young hungry legs into this team for a reason.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Blukyt wrote:Rambo for me should be kept except we can get Dybala in. If not I'd rather let Elneny, Welbeck and Xhaka (but just signed a new deal). I actually like Elneny but he's no Nzonzi. Welbeck is just not up to it.

Tbh if we could get top money I would sell Ozil+Elneny+Welbeck and try to get Dybala+Nzonzi+Douglas Costa in.

The thought of our outfield line up looking like this is delicious

------------------Leno--------------
-Bellerin--Sokratis--Kos--Monreal-
-------Nzonzi-------Torreira--------
---------------Ramsey------------
-----Costa-----------Dybala----
------------Aubameyang----------

Costa will be a good addition. I would not mind selling Ozil, Mustaffi and Welbeck to help fund the Costa signing. I don't think we need Dyabala. Keep Ramsey and sign a winger like Douglas Costa. We also need one more Central defender.

Cech
Belerin, Sokratis, Mavrapos, Monreal
Ramsey, Torreria, Xhaka
Costa, Lacazette, Aubameyang

Leno
Lich, Holden, Chambers, Kolasinac
Meyer/Niles/Adelaide, Elneny, Mateo/Iwobi
MIKhitaryan/Nelson, Welbeck/Perez, Iwobi
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Papa Wenger Opens up! BTW he's still got it!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

anikulapo wrote:The sad thing is that Nzonzi is losing his legs as he approaches 30. The Nzonzi of four to five years ago? Arghhhhh :curse: :curse: :curse: thunder fire Wengers dithering skinny French Nyash :curse:
People like Nzonzi will still give you 5 good solid years. He is not one of those gra gra players, he plays with his head, players like that in the midfield can play well into their mid 30s.

Arsenal needs to bounce back in the next 2 seasons, the thought of the future should take the back burner for now, you have spent the last decade and half thinking of a future that has delivered nothing but the ongoing nightmare.

Get in the players who can achieve the task of getting back into the top 4, even if they are on their last legs, in between you can silently bring in their understudies or people who will take over from them. Truth is having fired Wenger, if Unai does not get up and running , the atmosphere wont be gracious, the days of thinking 10 years , heck even 5 years plan at club level is over, and with the departure of Wenger, it has come to an end too at Arsenal.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Wahala dey :shock: :shock: Is this true or is it April fool.
Arsenal fall victim to embarrassing scam after partnership with BYD Auto was signed off by someone acting as an employee of the Chinese company

Arsenal's deal with BYD Auto was signed by someone acting as an employee
It seems the person who sanctioned the agreement doesn't worked for the firm
The suspected fraudster is currently being investigated by Shanghai police
Arsenal published a lengthy statement to announce the partnership in April

By Max Winters For Mailonline

Published: 22:24, 16 July 2018 | Updated: 09:54, 17 July 2018

Arsenal have fallen victim to an embarrassing scam after it seems their deal with vehicle manufacturer BYD Auto was signed off by someone acting as an employee of the Chinese company.

The Gunners revealed in April that they had penned a deal with 'the world's best-selling electric vehicle manufacturer'.

However, just three months later it appears the employee of the Chinese company who sanctioned the agreement, in fact, didn't even work there. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
The suspected fraudster, Li Juan, has now been detained and is currently being investigated by Shanghai police.

Reports suggest Juan rented property in the Chinese city and tricked potential clients into believing he had opened a BYD branch there.

BYD - which stands for Build Your Dreams - designs, develops, manufactures and distributes cars, buses, commercial vehicles and rail stock.

It also provides buses to Transport for London and employs more than 220,000 employees across five continents.

In a statement published after signing the deal, Arsenal insisted the partnership 'came to fruition following our successful pre-season tour to Shanghai and Beijing in 2017'.

It was accompanied by a picture of Gunners stars Granit Xhaka, Laurent Koscielny and Shkodran Mustafi holding a shirt, upon which 'BYD 1' was printed.

As part of the package, BYD would receive 'pitchside LED signage' and 'branding on dugout seats' at the Emirates Stadium. It also had access to Arsenal Legends for special promotional events in China.

BYD issued a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange last week in which they claimed foul play.

It said: 'Recently, BYD Company Limited noticed that some media published or reproduced false reports about the Company, which involved misinterpretation of the Statement on Conducting Related Businesses by Li Juan and Other Related Persons through Illegal Use of the Name of BYD released by the Company on 12 July 2018 and distortion of facts.

'Such reports caused the question to the Company from the public and negative impact on the Company, to some extent.

'Li Juan was suspected of committing a crime due to faking the identity of staff of BYD and using the forged seal to sign contracts, which BYD has reported to the police.

'The police is getting involved in the investigation and Li Juan currently has been taken for enforcement actions by the police.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... rship.html
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Will arsenal be forced to return some of the players they "bought" since the money from the Chinese company isn't coming in? You couldn't make this up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
Danny Blanchflower
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

toyin133 wrote:Will arsenal be forced to return some of the players they "bought" since the money from the Chinese company isn't coming in? You couldn't make this up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can have a good laugh at the scam, but just know that Arsenal have spent money that they actually have so far. As a spurs fan, there are things that just pass over your head, and you will never understand.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

Cally wrote:
toyin133 wrote:Will arsenal be forced to return some of the players they "bought" since the money from the Chinese company isn't coming in? You couldn't make this up. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You can have a good laugh at the scam, but just know that Arsenal have spent money that they actually have so far. As a spurs fan, there are things that just pass over your head, and you will never understand.
You're getting angry at the wrong person my friend. You should be demanding the sack of the maga who got swindled by a fast talking Chinese hustler and start asking how your club is going to repay all the money it has spent :D
Danny Blanchflower
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm.. about Henry..

So what Wenger told him to do that caused heavy boxing ...he came round to it ..ok o and people wan abuse Wenger tire that time !!

Source

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... nager.html

...Socrates
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Hmmm.. about Henry..

So what Wenger told him to do that caused heavy boxing ...he came round to it ..ok o and people wan abuse Wenger tire that time !!

Source

Words of our elders they say are words of wisdom.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

azuka wrote:

Source

Wenger is a great man on and off the field :thumb:
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

azuka wrote:

Source

Hindsight is twenty twenty , but if he had listened he may have gotten Wenger's Job [ Dont get me wrong o, I dont think he was ready for it , but just saying ]...Btw Wenger acknowledges again in his interview that TH and Patrick will be great coaches and he says why..although he say they must be ready to make sacrifices.

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hmmm if rumors are true and Klopp completes the signing of Allisonalong with Fekir then ......
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Chelsea interested in bringing back Cech if they sell Courtois.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx