The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cito wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
theYemster wrote:
kajifu wrote:The new boss at Arsenal training ground.
Thank you Wenger for finally step down and give way for others,ooops you were force to step down.
I hope he gives Lucas Perez a decent chance cos I really think there's a great player in there somewhere. Auba, Laca and Luca could make for a fearsome threesome.

I share the confidence in Lucas...
I like his hustle too.

he was also one to strike the ball "properly" on goal. There are many yeye players masquerading as strikers that just close their eyes and bulala the ball.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:Who is buying the NEW jersey?
Not me. :oops: :oops: :curse: :curse:

I got 4 boys, I normally buy them tops, this is one I am not buying.
Why now ? :tic:

Wenger don commot na! Who Waffi dey pay money to anymore? :rotf: :rotf:

kai, abeg leave us alone now. Wenger don comot.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

How old is Lichsteiner?? 85??? :taunt:

Wow what a show of ambition and intent by the new regime of the news rumors are true :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

It is a new era.

Arsenal is actually signing a 34 year old that is not a Goalkeepr lol.

Well he looks like he is in good condition.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

ohenhen1 wrote:It is a new era.

Arsenal is actually signing a 34 year old that is not a Goalkeepr lol.

Well he looks like he is in good condition.
Not that I support the deal, but when you have a player as young as Bellerin, your options for his competition are a bit "slim." In building a team, you cant have 22 Messis. Doesnt work that way.

That said, did you guys sell Debuchy? if so, it now seems like a bad decision.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
theYemster wrote:
kajifu wrote:The new boss at Arsenal training ground.
Thank you Wenger for finally step down and give way for others,ooops you were force to step down.
I hope he gives Lucas Perez a decent chance cos I really think there's a great player in there somewhere. Auba, Laca and Luca could make for a fearsome threesome.

I share the confidence in Lucas...
I don't understand why he was not integrated. Same with Campbell (well he was vanquished for Ox)

those were two bad decisions by us. We let 2 players with skill, and who were hardworking go
AFCON 2019 sweet o

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:Lichtsteiner coming to Arsenal on a free transfer. At his prime, one of the best right backs in the world. A lil old now but still had a good season with Juve
He was NEVER "one of the best right backs in the world." However, he was always competent and at his best, very very good and reliable.
So a "very very good and reliable" player is not "one of the best..."? So what is your definition of "one of the best..."? Is there a number to the amount of 'Very" to be added to qualify for one of the best? :D

Like '...very very very good and very reliable? :sneaky:
LOL. I specifically refused to use the word, great! He was never great. he was very good and reliable. Someone you know will do the job very well and you can always depend on him for that. But he never had that x-factor.

During his best days, you had guys like Maicon, Dani Alves, Philip Lahm, Sagna, Juanfran, Zambrotta***, he wasnt close to been at those guy's level. Not even close.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Lucas Perezdolski, been there, done it, got the tshirt. LP or cassette deck, whatever sobriquet flavours the month, can jog on. It requires more than a Wengerian dropout to bridge the gap and turn these Maybellines into title contenders. Salah season included. Sell the b*stard and put the whole kitty on red seven, Tony Martial.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:Lichtsteiner coming to Arsenal on a free transfer. At his prime, one of the best right backs in the world. A lil old now but still had a good season with Juve
He was NEVER "one of the best right backs in the world." However, he was always competent and at his best, very very good and reliable.
So a "very very good and reliable" player is not "one of the best..."? So what is your definition of "one of the best..."? Is there a number to the amount of 'Very" to be added to qualify for one of the best? :D

LOL. I specifically refused to use the word, great! He was never great. he was very good and reliable. Someone you know will do the job very well and you can always depend on him for that. But he never had that x-factor.

During his best days, you had guys like Maicon, Dani Alves, Philip Lahm, Sagna, Juanfran, Zambrotta***, he wasnt close to been at those guy's level. Not even close.

dd,

I preferred him to half the guys you listed. Sure, those guys might have been capable of giving you 10/10 but outside the first 3, the others were also well able of giving 6s. Lichtsteiner almost always gave you 8/10 and occasionally threw in a 10.

I always thought he never got the accolade he should have but maybe that's a heavy bias on my part for someone who doesn't do too much flashy stuff but just goes about his job.

Bellerin will learn a lot from him.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

I no sabi the issue ..he is on a free and Bellerin has no competition ? Abi we get someone else for that position ?
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

elerineye wrote:I can see that Mr Wenger’s PRO is avoiding this post like a plague... :D :D :D
No. I am not. I have addressed it elsewhere. Won't do it here. Don't worry about that.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I hate the damn thing. That's not an Arsenal top with pink. Rubbish.
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Waffiman wrote:

I hate the damn thing. That's not an Arsenal top with pink. Rubbish.
OK, I see. :thumb:
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Cito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

dd,

I preferred him to half the guys you listed. Sure, those guys might have been capable of giving you 10/10 but outside the first 3, the others were also well able of giving 6s. Lichtsteiner almost always gave you 8/10 and occasionally threw in a 10.

I always thought he never got the accolade he should have but maybe that's a heavy bias on my part for someone who doesn't do too much flashy stuff but just goes about his job.

Bellerin will learn a lot from him.

I forgot Srna sef.

I’ll say he was a regular 6, with a fee 8 when he was exceptional by his own standards. I guess my disagreement wth you is the phrase “one of the best in the world.”
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:How old is Lichsteiner?? 85??? :taunt:

Wow what a show of ambition and intent by the new regime of the news rumors are true :taunt: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
You are wrong on this one.

Lichsteiner is firstly a proper defender. He is a consistent, hard as nails defender. Emery does not do one on one defence he does zonal and team defence. You will not see Arsenal defenders one on one against attackers, there will always be cover because we will be compact as a unit. In a compact unit with constant cover Lichsteiner thrives.

This is a player we have tried to sign for a few season now, but we could not agree a fee with Juve. For me, it is a clear indication that they want to sort out the defence and the truth be told , we conceded the most goals in open play from our right side that had Ozil nd Bellerin.

I said in my analysis Unai Emery will not have his 2 FBs in advanced positions when Arsenal play out from deep. He does not play that way. He is a very pragmatic Coach and I see us being sound defensively and we will play from the base of a sound defence.

Oh! Niles is not back up FB anymore. Niles is a starter next season in CM.

This leads me to Ozil. Wenger played with too many attackers (especially with Ramsey being more attacking in the unit) Emery will do the opposite. By this I mean, Emery will not start any game (At least not in the beginning of the term or away from home) with Laca, Auba, Ozil, Mkhi and Ramsey. You can also swap any two in my chosen attackers above for Welbeck and Iwobi.

Emery will start with 4 attackers, if Ramsey starts, then it means only 3 from the above 6 players starts. If Lucas Perez has a future at Arsenal that makes it 7 players. So who drops out?

If Ozil plays, he will not play Wide Right or Left. He plays number 10 who is expected to drop deep and cover ground in defense. If Ozil is number 10, who plays with him. Or does Unai Emery see Ozil like George Graham saw Charlie Nicholas? We will soon find out.

Perez is best on the left side cutting into his right foot, so he prefers the Wide Left position. Yes, he can play the Wide Right but he is best wide left or as a half striker. The problem Perez had was he just could not get in ahead of Sanchez on the left side. When played right he was not very good. Also, defensively he is weak in the Wide positions, so if you chose to play him where he will not be much of a liability to the team defensively, he plays through the middle as a central attackers or striker, where he puts in a shift closing down defenders and harassing them. But we have Laca and Auba, so who goes to make way for Perez?

Something must give for Perez, or for how Emery wants to play. If Arsenal keep all these players, which is most unlikely with Welbeck and Ramsey looking like being contract rebels, then there will be big players seating on the bench next season. I will not be surprised if at least two big players in the squad are sold this summer.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Arsenal linked to

Seri CM 40MP
Leno Gk 20 MP
Pelligrini CM 40 MP
Sokratis CD 20 MP
Lichensteiner RB free transfer

I will be okay with something like this. It will be difficult to sell Ozil.

Sell

Mustaffi 15 MP
Lucas Perez 8 MP
Akpom 1 MP
Ospina 6 MP
Chambers 15 MP

Buy
Papa Alioune Ndiaye CM 15 MP
Sokratis CD 20 MP
Issa Diop CD 20 MP
Leno GK 20 MP
Lichstener RB free

New deals
Ramsey
Wilshere

Depth
GK- Leno, Cech, Macey
RB- Belerin, Lichsteiner
CD- Sokratis, Diop, Mavrapos(sp), Holden
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac
MF- Ramsey, Wilshere, Ndiaye, Elneny, Nwakili, Xhaka,
FW/AM- Aubemenyang, Lacazette, Welbeck, Ozil, MKHITARYAN, Iwobi, Nelson
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Sat May 26, 2018 1:30 am, edited 4 times in total.

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

ohenhen1 wrote:Arsenal linked to

Seri CM 40MP
Leno Gk 20 MP
Pelligrini CM 40 MP
Sokratis CD 20 MP

Arsenal need a proper Defensive midfielder. My preference is to keep both Ramsey and Wilshere and then sign a ball winning midfielder. Don't need a big name, big money transfer Scouts need to earn their money. .
SMH
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Ive followed Lichstiner for a while, and I will be very happy to see him at Arsenal. Old school, hard-nosed full back. Exactly what the doctor ordered to fire up bellerin and teach him one or two things.

I'm liking the players we are going after so far.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Seri CM 40MP
Leno Gk 20 MP
Pelligrini CM 40 MP
Sokratis CD 20 MP

Sell

Mustaffi 15 MP
Lucas Perez 8 MP
Akpom 1 MP
Ospina 6 MP
Chambers 15 MP

Buy
Sokratis CD 20 MP
Issa Diop CD 20 MP
Leno GK 20 MP
Lichstener RB free

New deals
Ramsey
Wilshere

Depth
GK- Leno, Cech, Macey
RB- Belerin, Lichsteiner
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Seri CM 40MP
Leno Gk 20 MP
Pelligrini CM 40 MP
Sokratis CD 20 MP

Sell

Mustaffi 15 MP
Lucas Perez 8 MP
Akpom 1 MP
Ospina 6 MP
Chambers 15 MP

Buy
Sokratis CD 20 MP
Issa Diop CD 20 MP
Leno GK 20 MP
Lichstener RB free

New deals
Ramsey
Wilshere

Depth
GK- Leno, Cech, Macey
RB- Belerin, Lichsteiner
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac
you are NOT serious.

Wilshere, Ramsey and Welbeck can go. We thank them or their services.
Ramsey is a decent player, but he absolutely lacks discipline. He can be fantastic on his day, and can be an absolute dud. Unless Coach Umaru can fix his head, he needs to move on.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Seri CM 40MP
Leno Gk 20 MP
Pelligrini CM 40 MP
Sokratis CD 20 MP

Sell

Mustaffi 15 MP
Lucas Perez 8 MP
Akpom 1 MP
Ospina 6 MP
Chambers 15 MP

Buy
Sokratis CD 20 MP
Issa Diop CD 20 MP
Leno GK 20 MP
Lichstener RB free

New deals
Ramsey
Wilshere

Depth
GK- Leno, Cech, Macey
RB- Belerin, Lichsteiner
LB- Monreal, Kolisinac
you are NOT serious.

Wilshere, Ramsey and Welbeck can go. We thank them or their services.
Ramsey is a decent player, but he absolutely lacks discipline. He can be fantastic on his day, and can be an absolute dud. Unless Coach Umaru can fix his head, he needs to move on.
You should google the EPL home grown rule.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Wasn’t Kolasinac old school, hard as nails? So hard Nacho Monreal sat him on the bench like he’d been naughty at playtime. That said, Lichen Scleoris on one side, Asamoah bombing up and own the other, Juve were a force back then. Decent trickle of pace 10 years ago. If memory serves correct, had picked Lychee as the man to replaced Eboue if he left.