The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Suarez deal might happen. But rumours say, s loan with a clause to buy in the summer. The same rumours claim Barca want to make the clause legally enforceable. Hmmmm.....

Denis Suarez/Eva Banega/Jame Rodriguez are all inferior players to an off-form Özil. So why is Arsenal trying to get rid of him and replace him with players of inferior quality. I am not a fan of Ramsey and have stated countless times why but bringing in lower quality players doesnt make sense at all, unless all those decisions are from the man upstairs because now he is emboldened to do whatever he wants coz he is sole owner
I agree with your assessment above. But the fact that we are looking at cheaper alternatives is down to the owner.
Keep Preaching Truth - too many missing the Stan narrative... :clap:
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Why isn't Arsenal in for this geezer - can play wide & score - understands the landscape in N.London.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
& If we're going to get a hard time doing a D_Suarez deal with Barca - why ignore Malcom who looks like going on loan to Spurs!! Suarez is mid 20 something failure.
-----------------------------------------------
After AW arrived in the EPL - many teams brought in foreign managers & gave them similar powers to Arsene - failure rates were high cos many of these cats never dealt with transfers in their previous clubs & most of them lacked the sort of contacts AW had at the time - helped that his main man was David_Dein.
Does anyone have any info on some of the players recommended by Sven to the club this window for i am sure as can be that he isn't on this Suarez train.
You want Carlos Vela back ? Hmmm many feefle on this same forum wanted tha boy gone for good and the reasoning then was attitude ..has he changed or have the people here who have moaning rights changed ?
The reasoning was accompanied by a video - If Barca wants him but want rid of Suarez - let's shoot our shot!!! That's all.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
bepanda wrote:Stop being emotional. This is not an emotional decision. This is a rational decision.
You can't be successful in this business ... making decisions on emotions only.
Take a deep breath, and think .. long term about what you are saying.
You want to see a beautiful game... Don't we all? But we also want to see a successful club.
You don't build a successful club around a guy, who shows up every blue moon, whenever he feels like it.
Please look around and see if you can find even remotely comparable examples ...
You want to build a team around a guy, who shows up once in a while to play? Are you serious?
Bepanda
Skylolo wrote:Denis Suarez, James Rodriguez. Banega etc...I have no interest, we already have the player who is better than every single one of them. :roll:
Despite being my choice I am losing patience with this manager who seemingly has come in to get rid of our best player. Is he the only player who has been be low his best this season, why the singling out?
I won't be watching the game tomorrow if Ozil ain't playing, it will probably end up another West Ham type trash.....Emery can keep his "gra gra" Arsenal. :boo: :boo:

Don’t bother with him. He is in love :roll: :roll: :roll: no amount of sense can penetrate his emotions :lol:
:rotf: :rotf: so Hazard is on 200k a week and N’Golo Kanté is on 120k,we are paying Ozil 350k a week :boo: :boo: .Chelsea have really try with their negotiation on wages
Hazard's on his way out - probably to Real_Madrid - refused to sign new offers. PSG wanted N'Golo - he'll eventually leave or be paid sick wages. Don't undervalue player brand - Becks @Madrid,Milan wasn't talent based.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

bepanda wrote:Stop being emotional. This is not an emotional decision. This is a rational decision.
You want to see a beautiful game... Don't we all? But we also want to see a successful club.
You don't build a successful club around a guy, who shows up every blue moon, whenever he feels like it.
Please look around and see if you can find even remotely comparable examples ...
You want to build a team around a guy, who shows up once in a while to play? Are you serious?
Bepanda
Skylolo wrote:Denis Suarez, James Rodriguez. Banega etc...I have no interest, we already have the player who is better than every single one of them. :roll:
Despite being my choice I am losing patience with this manager who seemingly has come in to get rid of our best player. Is he the only player who has been be low his best this season, why the singling out?
I won't be watching the game tomorrow if Ozil ain't playing, it will probably end up another West Ham type trash.....Emery can keep his "gra gra" Arsenal. :boo: :boo:
As bad as Mesut's form has been - our failure so far is down to a leaky defence - 1st duty of any new gaffer - Emery must be held accountable - this need to blame one player for all & everything is a narrative that cuts Stan_K a huge slack. He wants a far lower payroll in a competitive & high paying league.
Arsenal aren't going shopping for elite players - they stay looking for miracles - something like a boiler room operation. The sale of Ozil @3OM quid if you're lucky will not get you a game changer in this market where agents prefer auctions.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

tolahs wrote:
Bepanda
As bad as Mesut's form has been - our failure so far is down to a leaky defence - 1st duty of any new gaffer - Emery must be held accountable - this need to blame one player for all & everything is a narrative that cuts Stan_K a huge slack. He wants a far lower payroll in a competitive & high paying league.
Arsenal aren't going shopping for elite players - they stay looking for miracles - something like a boiler room operation. The sale of Ozil @3OM quid if you're lucky will not get you a game changer in this market where agents prefer auctions.

N!gga please :roll: :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

anikulapo wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Bepanda

N!gga please :roll: :roll:
OK Coon!! :?: :P :taunt:
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Whilst we celebrate a hard earned 3pts - this club must find a way to get help in this transfer window. Jenkinson & Lichtsteiner are not covers for Hector - AMN will serve us better being a wide attacking option/winger......2 decent FBs will serve us well.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

That was some old school Arsenal today.

Right from KO the lads had no quarter asked, none given mentality. Add in Emery getting tactics spot on and Arsenal had all intangibles necessary to beat Chelsea.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:That was some old school Arsenal today.

Right from KO the lads had no quarter asked, none given mentality. Add in Emery getting tactics spot on and Arsenal had all intangibles necessary to beat Chelsea.

No props to Unai for not bowing to the pressure of Morons who wanted him to play that overrated misfit, Ozil?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:

No props to Unai for not bowing to the pressure of Morons who wanted him to play that overrated misfit, Ozil?
Dont mind those clown,some here even pray we open nyash if Ozil did not start,another one promise not to watch the game.Yet after creating chances from left to right who need that clown to start if he will not bow to Emery order?
This is the different between Emery and Wenger,even though am not a fan of Emery to succeed Wenger but he will not play guys just because they are over paid.Wenger would have start him and give him free role to walk around doing nothing then we get beaten.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

I told you we can finish top 4th.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Its funny about all the bad talk about Arsenal we are just 3 points behind chelsea and even with Manu 6 straight league win stil tie us on points.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Great attitude by the players today. Our pressing was great and didn't allow Chelsea to test Leno.

Chelsea aren't very strong and Spurs are without their best player for the next 6 weeks so those two remaining CL spots will be a 4-horse race. The thing is we need reinforcements. A bit of spending in the coming 2 weeks could be the difference between lucrative CL revenues and being stuck in our vicious cycle. We also need to figure out the Ozil situation. You either start the guy or let him go ASAP; a club with a tight financial situation can't afford to have a 350K-weekly player on the bench.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

kajifu wrote:

I told you we can finish top 4th.
No Holding and now Bellerin likely done for the season...Just don't see howe Arsenal can finish in top 4 this season.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

anikulapo wrote:

Clear that Emery all in on cultural overhaul, like it or not Emery putting in work ethic and commitment above all. It's a risk but fair play to a man, easy choice would be to placate stars, but Emery willing to play it hard.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

BTW that was another disgraceful display of officiating by Anthony Taylor, level of $#% house fooball he let Chelsea get away with was cruinamal. Alonso, Rudiger and Barkley should have all seen red cards today.
Detective Bunk Moreland

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Clear that Emery all in on cultural overhaul, like it or not Emery putting in work ethic and commitment above all. It's a risk but fair play to a man, easy choice would be to placate stars, but Emery willing to play it hard.
Once again, we cannot get too carried away. I still do not trust this set of players. Do not forget these are by and large new set of players, replacing the treble FA cup winning team/squad. The rebuilding of this team/squad started in ernest 3 windows ago. I have mentioned this here many a time.

Emery met a rebuilding job at the perfect time, I don't see a cultural shift, I see a system that suits the press and hard running. I have posted stats refuting claims we were not a pressing team last season. Currently, it all depends on how many runners you want in your team and who creates. Emery is clear on what he wants. I stand with him.

After the game, all my friends and I did was ask why we can't put up 50% of today's performance away from home. We will be top 4. These player's performances away from home last season cost Wenger and they are at It again this season.

Before I left for the game, I posted how confident I was about us getting a result. I talked about injured players being back. But these group of players are farking homies. They love the comforts of home, someone needs to let them know league football is about home and away games.

Until these players show the same physical and mental fortitude they show at home away from home, we will not be top 4.

The biggest hailing was for Giroud. During and after the game.

BTW! Kos is back.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:BTW that was another disgraceful display of officiating by Anthony Taylor, level of $#% house fooball he let Chelsea get away with was cruinamal. Alonso, Rudiger and Barkley should have all seen red cards today.
Spot on.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Aniks, if you cannot see how good a centre forward Laca is, then you are blind. He has everything but I love his first touch best.

I hope you know the difference between a centre forward and a striker. A centre forward is the player who is a striker plus he can do everything a striker cannot do. Watch Laca, he can do it all. His movement in the box is akin to Ian Wright, his determination and attitude is that of a winner. No wonder we sing his name. At the Emirates, we love him but I do not like the boo boys booing the Emery for subbing him.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

I concur. What I have taken issue with is the revisionism. No moaning about the squad or anything when we were winning. I have complained about the owner I once supported over Usmanov. I will still prefer him over Usmanov, so it is not like I have an agenda against the Owner. I have just used factual events since he came aboard to highlight my issues and why I am really concerned about us ever becoming to top club again under his ownership.

When signings were made early and when we went 22 unbeaten, not a word from those who now want to blame Gazidis and Wenger. Indeed, we were told all sorts of stories trying to undermine Wenger. I read so many premature and ill-informed comments and we had not done a thing. I tried to warn them about the problems with making premature statements. But to no avail.

Suddenly, the results not acceptable, it is still Wenger's fault. Hold on, using the logic of these people, when we were winning, was it Wenger's fault. You see, the wins dry up and the usual scapegoats came back. That's the fickle nature of these people. It is all too predictable. I just wish we all try to be more sensible about these things.
The bold isn't correct. Remember i raised some salient point during the unbeaten run.
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Once again, we cannot get too carried away. I still do not trust this set of players. Do not forget these are by and large new set of players, replacing the treble FA cup winning team/squad. The rebuilding of this team/squad started in ernest 3 windows ago. I have mentioned this here many a time.

Emery met a rebuilding job at the perfect time, I don't see a cultural shift, I see a system that suits the press and hard running. I have posted stats refuting claims we were not a pressing team last season. Currently, it all depends on how many runners you want in your team and who creates. Emery is clear on what he wants. I stand with him.

After the game, all my friends and I did was ask why we can't put up 50% of today's performance away from home. We will be top 4. These player's performances away from home last season cost Wenger and they Are at It again this season.

Before I left for the game, I posted how confident I was about us getting a result. I talked about injured players being back. But these group of players are farking homies. They love the comforts of home, someone needs to let them know league football us about home and away games.

Until these players show the same physical and mental fortitude they show at home away from home, we will not be top 4.

BTW! Kos is back.
Good job to Unai and the boys for the win. But once again this is simply a replay of the first matcch at stamford bridge where Unai targeted Jorghinno(sp). Here again the same Chelsea no 5 was targeted only the different. In the first match Unai wanted to capitalize on Jorghino lack of speed to recover and so directed our players to always cross into the position he usually occupies which is around the penalty circle. If not for our boys waste of chances we would have beaten Chelsea back then.
And in this match he simply did not allow Jorghino space by putting Ramsey on him. A tactics virtually all the coaches that have beaten Sari's Chelsea this season has done. Bravo to Unai for getting his plan A spot on from the onset.
But can someone please explain his changes of Laca and Ramsey in the 2nd half for me? I was lost there.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

After the game, all my friends and I did was ask why we can't put up 50% of today's performance away from home. We will be top 4. These player's performances away from home last season cost Wenger and they Are at It again this season.

Before I left for the game, I posted how confident I was about us getting a result. I talked about injured players being back. But these group of players are farking homies. They love the comforts of home, someone needs to let them know league football us about home and away games.

BTW! Kos is back.
Good job to Unai and the boys for the win. But once again this is simply a replay of the first matcch at stamford bridge where Unai targeted Jorghinno(sp). Here again the same Chelsea no 5 was targeted only the different. In the first match Unai wanted to capitalize on Jorghino lack of speed to recover and so directed our players to always cross into the position he usually occupies which is around the penalty circle. If not for our boys waste of chances we would have beaten Chelsea back then.
And in this match he simply did not allow Jorghino space by putting Ramsey on him. A tactics virtually all the coaches that have beaten Sari's Chelsea this season has done. Bravo to Unai for getting his plan A spot on from the onset.
But can someone please explain his changes of Laca and Ramsey in the 2nd half for me? I was lost there.

That was total nonsense.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

ojafranpa wrote:
azuka wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

BTW! Kos is back.

That was total nonsense.

Even after the game these two football dummies still don’t get it :rotf: :rotf:

Mugus go and cry at the Ozil shrine losers :rotf:

He moved to a 4-5-1 .... Ramshyt was exhausted and he wanted Abou’s speed for the counter. Now he might’ve erred by leaving the worst arsenal player on the day, Xhacrap on the field, but other than that make una two go cry elsewhere ...

Dumb and Dumber :mrgreen:

Ode me ji :rotf:

MLK.