The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by anikulapo »

Oh by the way what happened to Bellerin Haters Union?

No more snide remarks about “my son”?

Morons ... Football Know Nothings :tic: :tic: :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

anikulapo wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Aniks, how was Xhaka yesterday? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

The silence from Xhaka detractors is deafening. If he makes one mistake, they will not stop talking about Xhaka having a bad pass once every 20 games, they will never acknowledge the many great performances inbetween. Why?.... narrative and agenda.

It’s clear you’re blind my bro :woot: :rotf: :rotf: he was the worst player on the field by a mile along with Jorginho .... Total liability with few redeeming qualities.

ElNeny quickly showed why it’s unconscionable for Emery to leave him on the bench and play Chacrap .... what a Gawd awful player :curse: :curse: Buying that Swiss Stiff was the last straw for Arsenal as he cost that Yeye Scout His Job :idea:

I mean sometimes you worry me sha :rotf: :rotf: anyway you’re on a wind up so e no go bother me :taunt:
Baba fear God na...He was the worst player on the field? What a wa freaking wu...Apart from a lost possession in the early minute of the game, Xhaka was very solid all game long. Fact not feelings!
I'd have to agree, he was the worst of our 4 midfielders, although he had a good game by his standards.

Can you please tell me any player on the field other than Jorginho who was as bad as Chacrap ? Are you guys blind or on drugs?

ANWYAY why I dey waste time with Una .... Ode me ji :taunt: :taunt: :D
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Callum seems to be adapting to his central midfield role for fulham well.

Playing decently vs dirty spurs
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Hmmm ..I swallow pies for yabbing Chambers o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Siddonlook11 wrote:Callum seems to be adapting to his central midfield role for fulham well.

Playing decently vs dirty spurs
He is playing very well.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Waffiman wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Fantastic result and I am happy for the boys but we must not get carried away, we thrashed Spurs 4-2 with a fantastic performance a few weeks back and then went on a poor run of results for a variety of reasons including poor defensive displays, some tactical decisions that simply did not work and not always playing our best players.

The best news of all to me is the clean sheet, that has been our main problem all season conceding goals. A back to his best Arsenal legend Koscielny may just be the thing that saves our season finally.

We will need all our players to secure this top 4 position so I hope Ozils return to the bench is the start of a process that sees him given a fair chance to help his team like every other player as long as he is at the club, not demonised and treated like an outcast because he earns whatever. One of Wengers last words on the way out was to remember the values of the club.....these things matter to some of us as just much as winning or losing.
Hear, hear. It matters a lot to a lot of us. You are nailed on.
Well spoken, Sky and Waffi.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Played to his strengths and far from his weaknesses, Igwe will rise once again to achieve Aka gbajiri Igwe. Chai!
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Arsènic™
@MrArsenicTM
Orthopedic surgeon David J. Chao: “By video, Hector Bellerin tears his left knee quad tendon. Doesn't appear to be ACL, but still surgery and at least as severe. Good news: not ACL tear. Bad news: quad tendon tear, surgery and 9 months rehab.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

It’s been over 24 hours but I’m still buzzing over the performance of the team but more importantly the duo of KOS and that Greek Beast.

It might sound old school and nostalgic but In this day and era of the Sissy and the Sensitive, what we saw was old school tenacity and heart mixed in with high technical skill.
I doubted Sokratis especially after seeing him get skinned against Boreham Wood, but good Lord how far has this man come ... he is a true throwback to the time when Men actually loved to defend .

As for Koscielny, he showed yesterday what a leader of men should be like. If Unai had a perfect defender or a pro type, it would be him. Kaiii yesterday was what football was supposed to be .

Anyway I’m so proud of Unai Emery and the way he rallied his team, as well as how they responded ... whether they build on this remains to be seen. It seems that ever since the high of the Toto game and then the scandalous media releasing that nightclub photo that the air was taken out of the balloon.

And of course the lingering odor of Mesut Ozil hasnt helped matters. I’m just hoping that the curse of injuries will abate and the board can find some money to strength and help this coach.

Anyway Long Live the tenure of General Emery ...: Oya Azuka that was for you ... I know say dat wan Don cause you ulcer :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: make you and SkyLoco go share Una medication together :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Nkume wrote:Koseilny! General! Warrior! Legend!

Socratis! Hard as nails!

May we never see Mustafi again.
Baba slow your roll...Mustafi have played his part this season...appreciate the man.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

theYemster wrote:
bk-one wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Suarez deal might happen. But rumours say, s loan with a clause to buy in the summer. The same rumours claim Barca want to make the clause legally enforceable. Hmmmm.....
Denis Suarez/Eva Banega/Jame Rodriguez are all inferior players to an off-form Özil. So why is Arsenal trying to get rid of him and replace him with players of inferior quality. I am not a fan of Ramsey and have stated countless times why but bringing in lower quality players doesnt make sense at all, unless all those decisions are from the man upstairs because now he is emboldened to do whatever he wants coz he is sole owner
By now it's evident that the issue with Ozil has nothing to do with his quality or lack thereof.

The thing is do you choose his quality over all his other shortcomings, and clearly Emery doesn't.
Yes one should. Moreso when you have 2 players in the team who are capable of 20+ premier goals in a season. To buttress this point look at the match yesterday. To me the greatest achievement is the clean sheet. But attacking wise how many chances did we create? Our two goals weren't a result of any chance created? One was n individual effort and the other was a result of a misskick that found Kosc at the right place at the right time. These apart i can count only one or two other chances that we created, the one that stood out clearly is the chance Auba missed. And that exactly lies our problem. And why we may really not make the top four.
As it is in a effort to proof who the master is by benching Ozil, Unai is as a result under-utilizing Auba and Laca. I doubt if these two are happy.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Three main pillars of Unai Emery revolution out for the year. This is really a shame. Hopefully Jenkinson / AMN will offer a few things. Because Lichsteiner is dead beat. Can Elnenny play RB?
Bepanda
ojafranpa wrote:Arsènic™
@MrArsenicTM
Orthopedic surgeon David J. Chao: “By video, Hector Bellerin tears his left knee quad tendon. Doesn't appear to be ACL, but still surgery and at least as severe. Good news: not ACL tear. Bad news: quad tendon tear, surgery and 9 months rehab.
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Bellerin is one of the most important pieces of Unai revolution.
He created the first goal and should have had another assist before getting injured.
Arsenal does not have adequate replacement as of today.
anikulapo wrote:Oh by the way what happened to Bellerin Haters Union?
No more snide remarks about “my son”?
Morons ... Football Know Nothings :tic: :tic: :taunt: :taunt:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Long layoff for My Son, assuming UE Newton sticks with the 4-3-1-2ish, flying fullbacks crucial. Where to find the cover? Fill her up and slip it into 6th on the A11, destination Norwich. Two terrifically pacey wingbacks, both coloured for good measure. Two words, bring’em in. The canaries will be nesting in the Prem next season and that’ll take both up to 30 million. Go all in now and toss some of our under20 whatever trash in the deal. Roberto Carlos Jenkinson too. No brainier.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people how should we line up on friday against Manu?

I just finish watch the game against Chelsea again last night.

Ramsey was very good,i dont mind we keep him over Ozil if the was a way and he accept less than 200k,not that im a fan of him but since all the noise going on he is leaving , he has been playing very well for the team.I was surprise how he start over Ozil after pressure from some fans for Ozil to start.The man just decided its Ramsey not even my guy Iwobi.Hats off to the coach for playing Ramsey who was good.We created alot of chances and i dont know why some people lie that we did not create chances because of Ozil,why tell lies?
Guys if you watch this game you cant blame Emery for benching Ozil,the tactics against Chelsea no way on earth Ozil could have play that Ramsey role so perfect.
Hopefully Friday Ozil will start and shine against likes of Pogba,...
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Fans should stop booing when Laca is taking out,Emery is a no sense coach after his experience at PSG,he might not play Laca again if fans keep pushing him. This is not mr nice ooooh,
Also Xhaka first 30 minutes he was our worst player then after that he grow to the game was ok
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

https://www.arsenal.com/news/thank-you-sven

Damn so it’s now OFFICIAL.

Sven is leaving effective Feb 8.

Why is is that after a good victory we are blasted back with bad news.

SMH :curse: :curse:

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Feel bad for Emery, 1st season as Arsenal manager and loses 3 crucial players to season ending injuries i.e Welbeck, Bellerin and Holding. Also Monreal has been MIA most of season and Kos trying to manage Achilles tendon, 0 luck for Emery in debut season.

Top 4 was always an uphill battle but without Welbeck, Bellerin and Holding it feels like a lost cause.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:Cultural shift & all - to play with that intensity requires a deeper squad - else we'll be out by March. Seems to me we overworked in the preseason & sometime after - Unai brought his own physical trainer & we seem to be that club again full of injuries.
It's unsustainable to play on the counter while pressing with 14/15 deep.
It is a squad game. We have not had a proper squad for years. The intensity the game is played now always puts us in that situation where players in the red zone are risked. I look at Bellerin and wonder if he was fully fit? Maybe rushing him back has contributed to him suffering another injury. We pray he has not done his ACL.
Giving their time out - Mustafi(for all his faults), Kos & Hector were overloaded too early into their comebacks - something we shouldn't do.
Mavropanos looks on his way but one fears Monreal's body might be breaking down - we need backup in those FB spots....Lichtsteiner & Jenkinson if played should be made to just sit & defend - no attacking functions - way above their stations.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Feel bad for Emery, 1st season as Arsenal manager and loses 3 crucial players to season ending injuries i.e Welbeck, Bellerin and Holding. Also Monreal has been MIA most of season and Kos trying to manage Achilles tendon, 0 luck for Emery in debut season.

Top 4 was always an uphill battle but without Welbeck, Bellerin and Holding it feels like a lost cause.
He brought his own trainer & my guess is they've physically pushed the guys a bit too much. Too many muscular injuries.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Whilst we praise our backline - we must listen to Kos's stmts postmatch - defending is done in front of the backline.
We pressed, but importantly the spaces b/w players was close enough for an almost unbreakable compact. We still need that speedster for the outball.
Like i suggested elsewhere, with the absence of Hector we may be better off attacking mainly with Kolasinac on the left flank while whomever plays from Lichtsteiner or Jenkinson is asked to sit & help the backline.
Interesting b4 Hector's sad injury, Unai had sent in AMN to play as an attacker - we need to explore him more there.
ManU brings Lukaku Not like Chelsea with a false 9 - they've got pace around the striker - do we stay with the same formation - a 3 at the back with Monreal as the 3rd man ain't alien to my thinking right now. Press & stay compact like we did vs Chelsea - make it a MF battle - we shall see.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Robbynice wrote:
Nkume wrote:Koseilny! General! Warrior! Legend!

Socratis! Hard as nails!

May we never see Mustafi again.
Baba slow your roll...Mustafi have played his part this season...appreciate the man.
He certainly has.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Feel bad for Emery, 1st season as Arsenal manager and loses 3 crucial players to season ending injuries i.e Welbeck, Bellerin and Holding. Also Monreal has been MIA most of season and Kos trying to manage Achilles tendon, 0 luck for Emery in debut season.

Really TG? Welbeck? Any coach depending on Welbeck for anything deserves all that is coming to them. When was the last time he did NOT have a "season-ending" injury? How can you depend on that? :???: :???: :? :?
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.