The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Now to the positives we all whined about the negatives during the game.

1. We now know how to grind out results ..it will only get better gone are the days of shoulder dropping and losing games in the first half.

2. LT - Nothing more to add..

3. Leno - He is going to be a great keeper, I now understand why Unai took time to blood him , he needed more time but he will turn out gold.

4. Sokratis - that man na warrior , wish he was 3 years younger.

5.As much as Xhaka has all his brainless moments, his tackling has actually improved ! those stupid two footed things are reduced to like two a game !! thank God o

6.Abou for the take down and pass for the goal was sublime !!

7.Mikhi almost has the hustle level of Ramsey ( maybe because he only plays 45 mins ) but he now needs to add brain and confidence ..he may just come good

8. Abou and Laca ..need an Nketiah kick in the bum...

9.Monreal and Kos are back !! Yippeeeeee

10.I like old man Listener's cajones !! but he needs to add some game abeg..no by fight alone.

11. I think Kola has not gotten over his gift to Manure ..but he will also come good..his runs and timing are good now needs consistency in producing good last balls.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Robbynice wrote:Massive 3 points today mehn...what a wa freaking wu
Kpom but why did that ref give 7 minutes added time?
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

kajifu wrote:
This guys started time wasting from the 10th minute lol.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

We won, thank God for that, but that does not change the fact that we could easily have dropped points here today because a bunch of cheating swines wearing black called match officials. Once again and for the 3rd time in 3 games, we have had to beat these so called cheats called march officials and 11 others players to win a game of football.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

kajifu wrote:
First of all the ref is a knucklehead. Secondly it must have been from the time wasted by the hamstring injury to the Huddersfield player in the second half.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Waffiman wrote:We won, thank God for that, but that does not change the fact that we could easily have dropped points here today because a bunch of cheating swines wearing black called match officials. Once again and for the 3rd time in 3 games, we have had to beat these so called cheats called march officials and 11 others players to win a game of football.
Say time and again Arsenal is the club refs abuse to show rest of PL that they're not in the pocket of the "big 6".
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Hmmmm.....
Detective Bunk Moreland

kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Hmmmm.....
I just hope this will not be a distraction,hopefully Ozil accept and work hard to contribute,we have so many games and we need everyone to play a partas long as they get paycheck and stay at the club
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

My people i know we are 5th in the table and and 8 points behind leaders Liverpool,i think we should be looking at the league title not some top 4 as target,Chelsea will drop points,City has started,Liverool will,Spurs will,we are the team that has not even start playing at our best yet still grinding out result.7 points behind City that is at their best.
We are a better team than we give our self credit because of last regime
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

kajifu wrote:My people i know we are 5th in the table and and 8 points behind leaders Liverpool,i think we should be looking at the league title not some top 4 as target,Chelsea will drop points,City has started,Liverool will,Spurs will,we are the team that has not even start playing at our best yet still grinding out result.7 points behind City that is at their best.
This is why you shake before every game...smdh

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Robbynice wrote:
kajifu wrote:My people i know we are 5th in the table and and 8 points behind leaders Liverpool,i think we should be looking at the league title not some top 4 as target,Chelsea will drop points,City has started,Liverool will,Spurs will,we are the team that has not even start playing at our best yet still grinding out result.7 points behind City that is at their best.
He shakes before every game and you shake your damn head at every post. Me think you both related :taunt: Where is Kongi your senior brother? :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

pajimoh wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
He shakes before every game and you shake your damn head at every post. Me think you both related :taunt: Where is Kongi your senior brother? :tic:
I see what you did there... :rotf:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Waffiman wrote:We won, thank God for that, but that does not change the fact that we could easily have dropped points here today because a bunch of cheating swines wearing black called match officials. Once again and for the 3rd time in 3 games, we have had to beat these so called cheats called march officials and 11 others players to win a game of football.

Waffi, is there a way to complain to the FA? At least we need an explanation why Lacazette's goal was ruled offside, and Mustafi's card should be rescinded with an apology for not getting awarded a PK.
Also, has the goal vs Manure been rightly credited to Lacazette? We all know if it was Harry Kane, they would even make up goals to add to his tally.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
bepanda
Egg
Egg

Post by bepanda »

Mesut Ozil's agent 'to fly to Italy to hold talks' over £25m Inter Milan switch
The 30-year-old World Cup winner has fallen out of favour at Arsenal as the club look to offload the star from their wa

Mesut Ozil could be on his way out of Arsenal , with his agent due to fly to Italy to seal a £25m move.
Mirror Football revealed that Ozil's future at the club was in doubt a fortnight ago , with boss Unai Emery unimpressed with the German stars contribution to the team.
And now it seems that Inter Milan are set to offer the 30-year-old a Serie A lifeline, with the Italian club keen to make a deal happen in January.
The Sun report that the players agents, along with brother Mutlu, will head to Italy this week to thrash out terms on a move to the Nerazzurri.
Ozil is the highest earner at the Emirates, and the Gunners are apparently prepared to accept a cut-price offer for the star in order to get his £350k per week salary off the wage bill.
Ozil has not featured for Arsenal since the draw with Wolves prior, and has now missed the last five matches.
He pulled out of the North London derby clash with Tottenham last weekend due to a mysterious back problem, with Emery admitting he did not know how the injury occurred or whether Ozil was even in the stadium to support his teammates.
Ozil looked to be in line for a return to action against Huddersfield on Saturday, having taken part in training the day before, but was once again omitted from the squad.
The midfielder hasn't featured in Arsenal's last five matches (Image: Getty Images)
It is not the first time Ozil has been ruled out, with the midfielder also pulling out of the Gunners tie with West Ham earlier in the season with a cold.
Emery has been publicly critical of Ozil in the past, stating that he expected more from the World Cup winner.
But now it seems he is prepared to let him go, with Emery's preference for players with a high work rate - something Ozil is not synonymous with - also said to be a deciding factor.

Source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... y-13708940

We could lose our most creative player, because the coach can't get much out of him. I'm sure this problem will be solved in January.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

bepanda wrote:Mesut Ozil's agent 'to fly to Italy to hold talks' over £25m Inter Milan switch
The 30-year-old World Cup winner has fallen out of favour at Arsenal as the club look to offload the star from their wa

Mesut Ozil could be on his way out of Arsenal , with his agent due to fly to Italy to seal a £25m move.
Mirror Football revealed that Ozil's future at the club was in doubt a fortnight ago , with boss Unai Emery unimpressed with the German stars contribution to the team.
And now it seems that Inter Milan are set to offer the 30-year-old a Serie A lifeline, with the Italian club keen to make a deal happen in January.
The Sun report that the players agents, along with brother Mutlu, will head to Italy this week to thrash out terms on a move to the Nerazzurri.
Ozil is the highest earner at the Emirates, and the Gunners are apparently prepared to accept a cut-price offer for the star in order to get his £350k per week salary off the wage bill.
Ozil has not featured for Arsenal since the draw with Wolves prior, and has now missed the last five matches.
He pulled out of the North London derby clash with Tottenham last weekend due to a mysterious back problem, with Emery admitting he did not know how the injury occurred or whether Ozil was even in the stadium to support his teammates.
Ozil looked to be in line for a return to action against Huddersfield on Saturday, having taken part in training the day before, but was once again omitted from the squad.
The midfielder hasn't featured in Arsenal's last five matches (Image: Getty Images)
It is not the first time Ozil has been ruled out, with the midfielder also pulling out of the Gunners tie with West Ham earlier in the season with a cold.
Emery has been publicly critical of Ozil in the past, stating that he expected more from the World Cup winner.
But now it seems he is prepared to let him go, with Emery's preference for players with a high work rate - something Ozil is not synonymous with - also said to be a deciding factor.

We could lose our most creative player, because the coach can't get much out of him. I'm sure this problem will be solved in January.
I don't think this is true o. Forget the public narrative, Unai likes Ozil.

Meanwhile, wishing all our wounded warriors a quick recovery.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Indeed Rafa...INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Detective Bunk Moreland

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Indeed Rafa...INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tottenham ref
AFCON 2019 sweet o

bk-one
Egg
Egg

Post by bk-one »

Tunisian Gooner wrote:Indeed Rafa...INDEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In any other profession the likes of Mike Dean would have been fired long time ago but in the mighty epl they are actually rewarded with even more high profile games. It is not a coincidence that UEFA doesnt want anything to do with the Mike Deans/Lee Mason/Paul Tierney of this world.

I know that am sounding like a conspiracy theorist but I think Mike Dean and his ilk are doing their jobs exactly the way Mike Riley and his team wants them to. Otherwise it doesnt make sense how they are tolerating that apparent mediocrity.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I'm loving what I'm seeing from the team this year. Reminds me of our teams in the 05-06 and the 2007-08 seasons; we didn't have the strongest teams back then but pragmatic tactics and 11 guys leaving it all on the pitch saw us outperform. Emery is showing us what many of us argued over the past decade: Wenger was completely out of touch with reality which sabotaged our ability to compete. No one is expecting us to win the league this year but at least Emery is instilling a culture of accountability amongst the players which will pay dividends in the years to come. Under Wenger players continued to get minutes even when they were complete rubbish.

Finishing top 4 will be tough but at least we have a chance; something I didn't think we had to start the season.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Heliopolis wrote:I'm loving what I'm seeing from the team this year. Reminds me of our teams in the 05-06 and the 2007-08 seasons; we didn't have the strongest teams back then but pragmatic tactics and 11 guys leaving it all on the pitch saw us outperform. Emery is showing us what many of us argued over the past decade: Wenger was completely out of touch with reality which sabotaged our ability to compete. No one is expecting us to win the league this year but at least Emery is instilling a culture of accountability amongst the players which will pay dividends in the years to come. Under Wenger players continued to get minutes even when they were complete rubbish.

Finishing top 4 will be tough but at least we have a chance; something I didn't think we had to start the season.
KPOM to be honest i am not a fan of Emery, when he was appointed but I knew any decent manager will do a better job than Wenger.
Look how likes of Ozil are not even sure of making the bench :roll: I know finishing top 4 will be tough,i hope we are also targeting Europa,i also hope Emery is not only pushing for top 4 but for the title.If we go unbeaten this December in the league,we will be closer to who is top of the top with like 3 points.Liverpool will drop points,i expect their unbeaten run to come to an end soon just like City.
We have a player of the season so far,very solid... Did you know? Torreira has the best passing accuracy of any Arsenal player in the Premier League this season (89.4%).
Last edited by kajifu on Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Heliopolis wrote:I'm loving what I'm seeing from the team this year. Reminds me of our teams in the 05-06 and the 2007-08 seasons; we didn't have the strongest teams back then but pragmatic tactics and 11 guys leaving it all on the pitch saw us outperform. Emery is showing us what many of us argued over the past decade: Wenger was completely out of touch with reality which sabotaged our ability to compete. No one is expecting us to win the league this year but at least Emery is instilling a culture of accountability amongst the players which will pay dividends in the years to come. Under Wenger players continued to get minutes even when they were complete rubbish.

I agree 100% In ADDITION the fans have to be able to say things like " The team is now learning/building/developing a culture of accountability " without referring to the past manager lets move forward without dragging the man's name with us ... Good Job the Unai.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
bepanda wrote:Mesut Ozil's agent 'to fly to Italy to hold talks' over £25m Inter Milan switch

Would anyone agree to a swap of Ozil for Pogba?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

theYemster wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Would anyone agree to a swap of Ozil for Pogba?
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pogba excelled under Allegri, shines under Deschamps, only struggles playing under the past it one. Put Pogba with any of Klopp, Sarri, Pep or Emery and Pogba will thrive.

Ozil on the other hand either has a chronic back issues, which if true will only become worse as he ages or Ozil is simply a diva with serious passive aggressive, team killing mindset.

Pogba swap for Ozil...HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Detective Bunk Moreland