Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 57  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:49 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47894
cchinukw wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
Mehn, this feels so different. Arsenal is now getting all the players linked to them without any long protracted drama...Wow!! Pinch me now! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Fer real dude. Can't remember a time when I actually looked forward to the start of season knowing we had pulled out all the stops to get our targeted players. Not just that o. Accounts dey release the wad join. Hmmmm.


Hahaha! Yeah. How long did it take to get Sokratis and Torreira done?

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29102
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Waffiman wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
Mehn, this feels so different. Arsenal is now getting all the players linked to them without any long protracted drama...Wow!! Pinch me now! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Fer real dude. Can't remember a time when I actually looked forward to the start of season knowing we had pulled out all the stops to get our targeted players. Not just that o. Accounts dey release the wad join. Hmmmm.


Hahaha! Yeah. How long did it take to get Sokratis and Torreira done?

Oga Waffi wetin be ya point? No could, would, but kudi too much.

You see it on the shelf and you need it, just buy.

As you can now see, we are starting a season with no biting regrets. What's not to like? :tic: :sneaky:

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:05 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47894
anikulapo wrote:
Is this David Ornstein guy that tapped into Arsenal’s boardroom .... unlike Waffis sources who have never been right in their life :taunt: :taunt:

We still dey wait the signings of Etoo and Torres :taunt:


Just like you have waited for Sokratis, Lichsteiner and Torreira. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

How about these your favourite players? :taunt: :taunt:

Ozil, mega bumper deal.
Xhaka, new bumper deal.
Ramsey, an even bigger bumper deal if rumours are correct.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 33035
cchinukw wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:
Something in me says ...Lucas will stay..Laca will be sold :sad:

Something says our three strikers will be Auba, Ghanaboi and Lucas..

Why does that feel bad..I hope the feeling is sooooo wrong..I like Lacaboom and feel injuries did not allow him perform at his best last season.

Welbeck should be the one to be ship out.He is not good enough to be in our team.Wenger that baby feed them is no more,they could not win just 2 games for Wenger the return leg vs A.Madrid and possible final in Europa .
Welbeck should go and Lucas,Laca and Auba stay

I'd give him this season as judging after coming off a long injury spell is unfair.

He is not good,if a buyer comes sell him sharp sharp and get better baller,the is a reason manu let him go because kids like Rashford or lingard what ever they call them are way better than him.Also he has injuries history,he will never play a whole season without taking a month or half season on sick bed.Sell him to Everton to join Walcott or a team like West ham just sell him.....
Is Welbeck better than Lucas?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 33035
We were told the is no money to buy players that is why Wenger could not get his target...
My question now is where is the money coming from after going 2 season no CL football yet Emery has sign 4 players since arriving and its only July..?
We were told he got just 50 million to spend and he will need to sell players.
What is now going on at beloved?We go win this Europa and CL oooh but let me relax first sha.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:21 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47894
cchinukw wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
Mehn, this feels so different. Arsenal is now getting all the players linked to them without any long protracted drama...Wow!! Pinch me now! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Fer real dude. Can't remember a time when I actually looked forward to the start of season knowing we had pulled out all the stops to get our targeted players. Not just that o. Accounts dey release the wad join. Hmmmm.


Hahaha! Yeah. How long did it take to get Sokratis and Torreira done?

Oga Waffi wetin be ya point? No could, would, but kudi too much.

You see it on the shelf and you need it, just buy.

As you can now see, we are starting a season with no biting regrets. What's not to like? :tic: :sneaky:


Incorrect. We don't have the money to see it and just buy it. Arsenal have been rebuilding the squad since last summer. If they did see it and buy it, all these players will be at the club before now.

Arsenal have signed new sponsorship deals rumoured to be generating between, £130m to £160m annually, so we can buy players but must watch our wages to revenue ratio. Despite this our spend has just gone over the £60m we had to spend this summer before revenue from new sponsorship deals. Like I said here in May, Arsenal can spend £150m this summer on eages and transfers cos of the sponsorship deals.

It has taken 3 windows to rebuild this far, and we are still haggling over money and delaying deals. After much delay, we met Dortmond half way for Sokratis and paid up for Torreira.

I take you back to my analysis of the 17 players I felt would leave last summer. I am still expecting at least 2 to 3 to leave this summer despite some notable departures already.

In May when I first talked about the possibility of us signing Torreira, I thought it was a steal for his release clause of €25m, but his club were holding out for more than the release clause. A good and reliable source tells me we got Torreira for a 3 year, €10m per annum payment. This is a really good move by the club because it gives us scope for that rumoured big signing if true.

For me, the rumour that excites is Barca's Dembele, even talk of Martial. If Dembele will happen, then we lose a big player. But I dont see the deal happening because Barca are not happy with us. It is thought that we have stolen a very talented youth player from their Academy. A very gifted left back, it is rumoured.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 35410
Location: Somewhere
Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Xhaka, Ramsey, and Torriera WILL play together.


They will. We keep hearing these rumours about Ramsey re-signing a bumper deal being close.

Also, rumours of him being Captain. If true, it will be a brilliant coup keep him. I also agree it is a very good decision to make him Captain, esp from what I have heard about the player.

Arsenal have cleared out all their injury prone players and kept Ramsey only. I understand, but I still feel Santi should have been given 1 extra year.



Ramsey.....siddon look for me. Hope the coach gets the best out of him. He is too irresponsible for my liking.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:32 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47894
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
juventuss wrote:
kai.. Arsenal just got a general in the midfield. That guy runs all day. a mini Arturo Vidal. Well done



Okay ohh another Little Terrier but oh well at least he might be an upgrade on Le Coq and hopefully keep Xhacrap out of the lineup


You sure he will keep Xhaka out of the line up. I disagree. Torreira will play next to Xhaka instead. Arsenal will not rush to ensure he signed a new bumper contract to bench him. Xhaka is pivotal to the plans of Emery and his contract is clear evidence of this.

We have not played a DM since Coquelin. We have played a CM double pivot, Xhaka’s best position is a deep lying playmaker and he has been crying for defensivebplayer like Torreira next to him.

Torreira is exactly what we have been crying out for in our midfield. He will cover more ground defensively than any midfielder that has played with Xhaka so far. Xhaka will be better with having a player like Torreira helping him out defensively. Also, Torreira is a very good passer, it will mean the opposition cannot focus their press and marking on Xhaka only, because he will no longer be the main passing outlet.

This will allow Xhaka to focus more on the attacking side of his game, then many here will claim he has improved a lot next season. When he is actually playing at the same level and was our best player 2nd half of last season.

Torreira signing is huge for Arsenal and we must hope it works out. If it does, he and another one like him in the Wide position and suddenly we are genuine top 4 contenders.

For me, Torreira is not only a direct upgrade on Wilshere but he will also help to improve those around him. Like I said, it will massively benefit Xhaka to play with a defensive minded partner, but it will mean Ramsey and Ozil can roam with more security behind them. Fullbacks will also have better cover when overlapping.

I have said, Emery will not play Ramsey as one of the pivot next to Xhaka. His philosophy is far too pragmatic. The fact is, Arsenal are correcting the final part of the team. It all started last summer.

Now, let us wait and see who leaves before the window closes.



Here you go again with cock and bull tales and once again contradict yourself again .... my son get match I will come back to smack around ya drivel later :taunt:

My analysis of why your friend Xhaka plays. I see you do not disagree. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47894
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Xhaka, Ramsey, and Torriera WILL play together.


They will. We keep hearing these rumours about Ramsey re-signing a bumper deal being close.

Also, rumours of him being Captain. If true, it will be a brilliant coup keep him. I also agree it is a very good decision to make him Captain, esp from what I have heard about the player.

Arsenal have cleared out all their injury prone players and kept Ramsey only. I understand, but I still feel Santi should have been given 1 extra year.



Ramsey.....siddon look for me. Hope the coach gets the best out of him. He is too irresponsible for my liking.

Can't see Ramsey playing that role he did next to Xhaka under Wenger (his daddy) with Emery. Xhaka will not play with Ramsey in a double pivot in front of the defence under Emery. His philosophy so far tells me it just will not happen. But, I could be wrong, I am only making an educated guess.

I see Ramsey as one of the front 3 in a 4-2-3-1. Emery occasionally plays 4-3-3. Ramsey will play as one of the 3 in front of the 4. For me, Emery will play Xhaka and Torreira in a very rigid, structured system. Ramsey will not be allowed to get away with what he got away with under Wenger.

In the final analysis, Arsenal have strengthen the spine of the team with Lichsteiner, Leno, Sokratis and Torreira. With the exciting attacking line-up that includes Ozil, Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and Lacazette, getting Ramsey to extend his contract is the only real business left to do. Anything else, na jara.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Posts: 6949
Location: Canada
For me, the rumour that excites is Barca's Dembele, even talk of Martial. If Dembele will happen, then we lose a big player. But I dont see the deal happening because Barca are not happy with us. It is thought that we have stolen a very talented youth player from their Academy. A very gifted left back, it is rumoured.[/quote]


:curse: :curse: Make dem go siddon for poto poto water ...what about the January steal of Marcus McGuane ?

_________________
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 33035
Siddonlook11 wrote:
For me, the rumour that excites is Barca's Dembele, even talk of Martial. If Dembele will happen, then we lose a big player. But I dont see the deal happening because Barca are not happy with us. It is thought that we have stolen a very talented youth player from their Academy. A very gifted left back, it is rumoured.



:curse: :curse: Make dem go siddon for poto poto water ...what about the January steal of Marcus McGuane ?[/quote]
Barca can go to hell,we have give them players and accept part payment.
Dembele or Zaha are the kind of players we need on the wing to do the damages and cross to Auba


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 52645
Location: USA
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Is this David Ornstein guy that tapped into Arsenal’s boardroom .... unlike Waffis sources who have never been right in their life :taunt: :taunt:

We still dey wait the signings of Etoo and Torres :taunt:


Just like you have waited for Sokratis, Lichsteiner and Torreira. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

How about these your favourite players? :taunt: :taunt:

Ozil, mega bumper deal.
Xhaka, new bumper deal.
Ramsey, an even bigger bumper deal if rumours are correct.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


I’m a Madrid fan just passing through .... I go yab una Les Pussycats Tire this season :taunt:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 52645
Location: USA
...

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Last edited by anikulapo on Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:38 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:31 pm
Posts: 4656
Waffiman wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
Mehn, this feels so different. Arsenal is now getting all the players linked to them without any long protracted drama...Wow!! Pinch me now! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Fer real dude. Can't remember a time when I actually looked forward to the start of season knowing we had pulled out all the stops to get our targeted players. Not just that o. Accounts dey release the wad join. Hmmmm.


Hahaha! Yeah. How long did it take to get Sokratis and Torreira done?

Oga Waffi wetin be ya point? No could, would, but kudi too much.

You see it on the shelf and you need it, just buy.

As you can now see, we are starting a season with no biting regrets. What's not to like? :tic: :sneaky:


Incorrect. We don't have the money to see it and just buy it. Arsenal have been rebuilding the squad since last summer. If they did see it and buy it, all these players will be at the club before now.

Arsenal have signed new sponsorship deals rumoured to be generating between, £130m to £160m annually, so we can buy players but must watch our wages to revenue ratio. Despite this our spend has just gone over the £60m we had to spend this summer before revenue from new sponsorship deals. Like I said here in May, Arsenal can spend £150m this summer on eages and transfers cos of the sponsorship deals.

It has taken 3 windows to rebuild this far, and we are still haggling over money and delaying deals. After much delay, we met Dortmond half way for Sokratis and paid up for Torreira.

I take you back to my analysis of the 17 players I felt would leave last summer. I am still expecting at least 2 to 3 to leave this summer despite some notable departures already.

In May when I first talked about the possibility of us signing Torreira, I thought it was a steal for his release clause of €25m, but his club were holding out for more than the release clause. A good and reliable source tells me we got Torreira for a 3 year, €10m per annum payment. This is a really good move by the club because it gives us scope for that rumoured big signing if true.

For me, the rumour that excites is Barca's Dembele, even talk of Martial. If Dembele will happen, then we lose a big player. But I dont see the deal happening because Barca are not happy with us. It is thought that we have stolen a very talented youth player from their Academy. A very gifted left back, it is rumoured.


Lopez.

_________________
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 52645
Location: USA
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
juventuss wrote:
kai.. Arsenal just got a general in the midfield. That guy runs all day. a mini Arturo Vidal. Well done



Okay ohh another Little Terrier but oh well at least he might be an upgrade on Le Coq and hopefully keep Xhacrap out of the lineup


You sure he will keep Xhaka out of the line up. I disagree. Torreira will play next to Xhaka instead. Arsenal will not rush to ensure he signed a new bumper contract to bench him. Xhaka is pivotal to the plans of Emery and his contract is clear evidence of this.

We have not played a DM since Coquelin. We have played a CM double pivot, Xhaka’s best position is a deep lying playmaker and he has been crying for defensivebplayer like Torreira next to him.

Torreira is exactly what we have been crying out for in our midfield. He will cover more ground defensively than any midfielder that has played with Xhaka so far. Xhaka will be better with having a player like Torreira helping him out defensively. Also, Torreira is a very good passer, it will mean the opposition cannot focus their press and marking on Xhaka only, because he will no longer be the main passing outlet.

This will allow Xhaka to focus more on the attacking side of his game, then many here will claim he has improved a lot next season. When he is actually playing at the same level and was our best player 2nd half of last season.

Torreira signing is huge for Arsenal and we must hope it works out. If it does, he and another one like him in the Wide position and suddenly we are genuine top 4 contenders.

For me, Torreira is not only a direct upgrade on Wilshere but he will also help to improve those around him. Like I said, it will massively benefit Xhaka to play with a defensive minded partner, but it will mean Ramsey and Ozil can roam with more security behind them. Fullbacks will also have better cover when overlapping.

I have said, Emery will not play Ramsey as one of the pivot next to Xhaka. His philosophy is far too pragmatic. The fact is, Arsenal are correcting the final part of the team. It all started last summer.

Now, let us wait and see who leaves before the window closes.




Sometimes I dey wonder about you sha .... lemme go by what Emery did at PSG because I didn’t watch enough of Sevilla that closely to readh a reasonable conclusion.

At PSG he was primarily a 4-3-3 guy and then when in possession switched to a 3-4-3 with Motta the deepest player in between Silva and Marquinhos.

He liked to push up his fullbacks with his two outside wingers tucking in, as Rabiot and Veratti played ahead of Motta.

Consequently if I’m to use that as a model with Torrera serving as Motta, who will be the two box to box Mids? Xhacrap and Ramshyt? :woot: :laugh: :laugh:

Xhacrap has no Legs and Ramshyt, no brains!

Where does that leave Droopy? He cant press and the with his job on the line, Emery can not accommodate loafers.... Will he push the lout out wide then? :laugh:

He doesn’t have the legs of Mbappe on the outside or the wizardry of Neymar on the other side so I’m really curious wetin dis man dey plan :woot:

I mean this is gonna be laughable sha .... ANYWAY like I said nah Sidon look mode for una this season. I’m very curious about the balance of this team with a very strange structure

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Posts: 5669
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Is this David Ornstein guy that tapped into Arsenal’s boardroom .... unlike Waffis sources who have never been right in their life :taunt: :taunt:

We still dey wait the signings of Etoo and Torres :taunt:


Just like you have waited for Sokratis, Lichsteiner and Torreira. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

How about these your favourite players? :taunt: :taunt:

Ozil, mega bumper deal.
Xhaka, new bumper deal.
Ramsey, an even bigger bumper deal if rumours are correct.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


Now you done give Aniks sleepless night again. He will scouring all the websites u can imagine looking for those ghost writers and pundits of his again. :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
http://www.oradatasolutionsltd.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:35 pm
Posts: 15989
Location: El-Menzah
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
juventuss wrote:
kai.. Arsenal just got a general in the midfield. That guy runs all day. a mini Arturo Vidal. Well done



Okay ohh another Little Terrier but oh well at least he might be an upgrade on Le Coq and hopefully keep Xhacrap out of the lineup


You sure he will keep Xhaka out of the line up. I disagree. Torreira will play next to Xhaka instead. Arsenal will not rush to ensure he signed a new bumper contract to bench him. Xhaka is pivotal to the plans of Emery and his contract is clear evidence of this.

We have not played a DM since Coquelin. We have played a CM double pivot, Xhaka’s best position is a deep lying playmaker and he has been crying for defensivebplayer like Torreira next to him.

Torreira is exactly what we have been crying out for in our midfield. He will cover more ground defensively than any midfielder that has played with Xhaka so far. Xhaka will be better with having a player like Torreira helping him out defensively. Also, Torreira is a very good passer, it will mean the opposition cannot focus their press and marking on Xhaka only, because he will no longer be the main passing outlet.

This will allow Xhaka to focus more on the attacking side of his game, then many here will claim he has improved a lot next season. When he is actually playing at the same level and was our best player 2nd half of last season.

Torreira signing is huge for Arsenal and we must hope it works out. If it does, he and another one like him in the Wide position and suddenly we are genuine top 4 contenders.

For me, Torreira is not only a direct upgrade on Wilshere but he will also help to improve those around him. Like I said, it will massively benefit Xhaka to play with a defensive minded partner, but it will mean Ramsey and Ozil can roam with more security behind them. Fullbacks will also have better cover when overlapping.

I have said, Emery will not play Ramsey as one of the pivot next to Xhaka. His philosophy is far too pragmatic. The fact is, Arsenal are correcting the final part of the team. It all started last summer.

Now, let us wait and see who leaves before the window closes.




Sometimes I dey wonder about you sha .... lemme go by what Emery did at PSG because I didn’t watch enough of Sevilla that closely to readh a reasonable conclusion.

At PSG he was primarily a 4-3-3 guy and then when in possession switched to a 3-4-3 with Motta the deepest player in between Silva and Marquinhos.

He liked to push up his fullbacks with his two outside wingers tucking in, as Rabiot and Veratti played ahead of Motta.

Consequently if I’m to use that as a model with Torrera serving as Motta, who will be the two box to box Mids? Xhacrap and Ramshyt? :woot: :laugh: :laugh:

Xhacrap has no Legs and Ramshyt, no brains!


Where does that leave Droopy? He cant press and the with his job on the line, Emery can not accommodate loafers.... Will he push the lout out wide then? :laugh:

He doesn’t have the legs of Mbappe on the outside or the wizardry of Neymar on the other side so I’m really curious wetin dis man dey plan :woot:

I mean this is gonna be laughable sha .... ANYWAY like I said nah Sidon look mode for una this season. I’m very curious about the balance of this team with a very strange structure



Image





Image





Image

_________________
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:59 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47894
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Is this David Ornstein guy that tapped into Arsenal’s boardroom .... unlike Waffis sources who have never been right in their life :taunt: :taunt:

We still dey wait the signings of Etoo and Torres :taunt:


Just like you have waited for Sokratis, Lichsteiner and Torreira. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

How about these your favourite players? :taunt: :taunt:

Ozil, mega bumper deal.
Xhaka, new bumper deal.
Ramsey, an even bigger bumper deal if rumours are correct.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:


I’m a Madrid fan just passing through .... I go yab una Les Pussycats Tire this season :taunt:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:26 am
Posts: 8971
Waffiman wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
Mehn, this feels so different. Arsenal is now getting all the players linked to them without any long protracted drama...Wow!! Pinch me now! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Fer real dude. Can't remember a time when I actually looked forward to the start of season knowing we had pulled out all the stops to get our targeted players. Not just that o. Accounts dey release the wad join. Hmmmm.


Hahaha! Yeah. How long did it take to get Sokratis and Torreira done?

Oga Waffi wetin be ya point? No could, would, but kudi too much.

You see it on the shelf and you need it, just buy.

As you can now see, we are starting a season with no biting regrets. What's not to like? :tic: :sneaky:


Incorrect. We don't have the money to see it and just buy it. Arsenal have been rebuilding the squad since last summer. If they did see it and buy it, all these players will be at the club before now.

Arsenal have signed new sponsorship deals rumoured to be generating between, £130m to £160m annually, so we can buy players but must watch our wages to revenue ratio. Despite this our spend has just gone over the £60m we had to spend this summer before revenue from new sponsorship deals. Like I said here in May, Arsenal can spend £150m this summer on eages and transfers cos of the sponsorship deals.

It has taken 3 windows to rebuild this far, and we are still haggling over money and delaying deals. After much delay, we met Dortmond half way for Sokratis and paid up for Torreira.

I take you back to my analysis of the 17 players I felt would leave last summer. I am still expecting at least 2 to 3 to leave this summer despite some notable departures already.

In May when I first talked about the possibility of us signing Torreira, I thought it was a steal for his release clause of €25m, but his club were holding out for more than the release clause. A good and reliable source tells me we got Torreira for a 3 year, €10m per annum payment. This is a really good move by the club because it gives us scope for that rumoured big signing if true.

For me, the rumour that excites is Barca's Dembele, even talk of Martial. If Dembele will happen, then we lose a big player. But I dont see the deal happening because Barca are not happy with us. It is thought that we have stolen a very talented youth player from their Academy. A very gifted left back, it is rumoured.


I see nothing special about Barca’s Dembele. Maybe I’m missing something...

_________________
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15


"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:52 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47894
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
juventuss wrote:
kai.. Arsenal just got a general in the midfield. That guy runs all day. a mini Arturo Vidal. Well done



Okay ohh another Little Terrier but oh well at least he might be an upgrade on Le Coq and hopefully keep Xhacrap out of the lineup


You sure he will keep Xhaka out of the line up. I disagree. Torreira will play next to Xhaka instead. Arsenal will not rush to ensure he signed a new bumper contract to bench him. Xhaka is pivotal to the plans of Emery and his contract is clear evidence of this.

We have not played a DM since Coquelin. We have played a CM double pivot, Xhaka’s best position is a deep lying playmaker and he has been crying for defensivebplayer like Torreira next to him.

Torreira is exactly what we have been crying out for in our midfield. He will cover more ground defensively than any midfielder that has played with Xhaka so far. Xhaka will be better with having a player like Torreira helping him out defensively. Also, Torreira is a very good passer, it will mean the opposition cannot focus their press and marking on Xhaka only, because he will no longer be the main passing outlet.

This will allow Xhaka to focus more on the attacking side of his game, then many here will claim he has improved a lot next season. When he is actually playing at the same level and was our best player 2nd half of last season.

Torreira signing is huge for Arsenal and we must hope it works out. If it does, he and another one like him in the Wide position and suddenly we are genuine top 4 contenders.

For me, Torreira is not only a direct upgrade on Wilshere but he will also help to improve those around him. Like I said, it will massively benefit Xhaka to play with a defensive minded partner, but it will mean Ramsey and Ozil can roam with more security behind them. Fullbacks will also have better cover when overlapping.

I have said, Emery will not play Ramsey as one of the pivot next to Xhaka. His philosophy is far too pragmatic. The fact is, Arsenal are correcting the final part of the team. It all started last summer.

Now, let us wait and see who leaves before the window closes.




Sometimes I dey wonder about you sha .... lemme go by what Emery did at PSG because I didn’t watch enough of Sevilla that closely to readh a reasonable conclusion.

At PSG he was primarily a 4-3-3 guy and then when in possession switched to a 3-4-3 with Motta the deepest player in between Silva and Marquinhos.

He liked to push up his fullbacks with his two outside wingers tucking in, as Rabiot and Veratti played ahead of Motta.

Consequently if I’m to use that as a model with Torrera serving as Motta, who will be the two box to box Mids? Xhacrap and Ramshyt? :woot: :laugh: :laugh:

Xhacrap has no Legs and Ramshyt, no brains!

Where does that leave Droopy? He cant press and the with his job on the line, Emery can not accommodate loafers.... Will he push the lout out wide then? :laugh:

He doesn’t have the legs of Mbappe on the outside or the wizardry of Neymar on the other side so I’m really curious wetin dis man dey plan :woot:

I mean this is gonna be laughable sha .... ANYWAY like I said nah Sidon look mode for una this season. I’m very curious about the balance of this team with a very strange structure


Do you remember when we played PSG? I have talked about his team and tactics on the day here before. Do you remember the midfield he played against us? He actually played Verrati as the most advanced CM, but had Rabiot, Matuidi and Krychowiak behind in a 4-3-3.

I know you can't discount PSG, and it is why I factor 4-3-3, when I talk about his systems and tactics. However, the truth is, at PSG it was different for him, he had to deal with superstar footballers and to his credit, he came up with a system and tactics to accommodate his superstar players. My favourite was how he solved playing Cavani, Mbappe and Neymar conundrum.

At Arsenal, it is completely different to PSG. Arsenal do not have PSG's resources and players. Arsenal are more comparable to his time at Sevilla, Los Che and even Almeria. As one who has followed Emery, studying his systems, formations and tactics since his time at Almeria, even reading two books about him, I look at his times at Sevilla, Los Che and Almeria as the main way to make an educated guess on how he will approach it at Arsenal. However, I do not discount PSG for obvious reasons.

Looking at the players we have and the ones that have come in, the pointers are becoming crystal clear. Emery will go back to his days before PSG in terms of game approach. It will be back to his football philosophy. Arsenal will play it highly structured, tight, rigid, organised and disciplined. It will be a team that works to set strategies and tactics designed for each game. The players will fall into a team order with each knowing his job. Ozil will be made to fit into the team and not his team fitting or playing to him. Emery, will not allow or accommodate any player who breaks the lines in his highly structured, disciplined, tight and rigid systems.

I have said many a time here, if Emery plays a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, there is plenty of scope to accommodate Torreira, Xhaka and Ramsey. For example, when we play City my guess is it will be a 4-3-3 cum 3-4-3. He can use Ramsey how he used Verratti against us, with a midfield of Xhaka, Torreira and Niles/Elneny etc. for example.

Just remove your angst against any player, it is a new regime, all players are fighting to impress the new boss. Wilshere himself said, Emery will not guarantee him playing time. This applies to all players because Emery has little time to impress the fans.

I am just hoping my hopes and dreams under this new Coach materialises. I am deeply invested in his success because he is the one Coach I saw as the perfect fit to replace Wenger.

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:48 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 47894
Torreira brings 'garra charrua', (meaning, hard attitude and tenacity) are told. So long as he garra charrua the fark out of the spuds chicken and everyone who wears it, he will always be an Arsenal hero. :P :woot: :lol:

_________________
“In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. But in a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of." - Confucius

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 52645
Location: USA
Quote:
Ozil will be made to fit into the team and not his team fitting or playing to him. Emery, will not allow or accommodate any player who breaks the lines in his highly structured, disciplined, tight and rigid systems.

I have said many a time here, if Emery plays a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, there is plenty of scope to accommodate Torreira, Xhaka and Ramsey. For example, when we play City my guess is it will be a 4-3-3 cum 3-4-3. He can use Ramsey how he used Verratti against us, with a midfield of Xhaka, Torreira and Niles/Elneny etc. for example.


Against read what you have just posted .... where does this leave your god Mesut? Playing out wide now? :ohmy: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Again I can’t wait to see this :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 52645
Location: USA
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
juventuss wrote:
kai.. Arsenal just got a general in the midfield. That guy runs all day. a mini Arturo Vidal. Well done



Okay ohh another Little Terrier but oh well at least he might be an upgrade on Le Coq and hopefully keep Xhacrap out of the lineup


You sure he will keep Xhaka out of the line up. I disagree. Torreira will play next to Xhaka instead. Arsenal will not rush to ensure he signed a new bumper contract to bench him. Xhaka is pivotal to the plans of Emery and his contract is clear evidence of this.

We have not played a DM since Coquelin. We have played a CM double pivot, Xhaka’s best position is a deep lying playmaker and he has been crying for defensivebplayer like Torreira next to him.

Torreira is exactly what we have been crying out for in our midfield. He will cover more ground defensively than any midfielder that has played with Xhaka so far. Xhaka will be better with having a player like Torreira helping him out defensively. Also, Torreira is a very good passer, it will mean the opposition cannot focus their press and marking on Xhaka only, because he will no longer be the main passing outlet.

This will allow Xhaka to focus more on the attacking side of his game, then many here will claim he has improved a lot next season. When he is actually playing at the same level and was our best player 2nd half of last season.

Torreira signing is huge for Arsenal and we must hope it works out. If it does, he and another one like him in the Wide position and suddenly we are genuine top 4 contenders.

For me, Torreira is not only a direct upgrade on Wilshere but he will also help to improve those around him. Like I said, it will massively benefit Xhaka to play with a defensive minded partner, but it will mean Ramsey and Ozil can roam with more security behind them. Fullbacks will also have better cover when overlapping.

I have said, Emery will not play Ramsey as one of the pivot next to Xhaka. His philosophy is far too pragmatic. The fact is, Arsenal are correcting the final part of the team. It all started last summer.

Now, let us wait and see who leaves before the window closes.




Sometimes I dey wonder about you sha .... lemme go by what Emery did at PSG because I didn’t watch enough of Sevilla that closely to readh a reasonable conclusion.

At PSG he was primarily a 4-3-3 guy and then when in possession switched to a 3-4-3 with Motta the deepest player in between Silva and Marquinhos.

He liked to push up his fullbacks with his two outside wingers tucking in, as Rabiot and Veratti played ahead of Motta.

Consequently if I’m to use that as a model with Torrera serving as Motta, who will be the two box to box Mids? Xhacrap and Ramshyt? :woot: :laugh: :laugh:

Xhacrap has no Legs and Ramshyt, no brains!


Where does that leave Droopy? He cant press and the with his job on the line, Emery can not accommodate loafers.... Will he push the lout out wide then? :laugh:

He doesn’t have the legs of Mbappe on the outside or the wizardry of Neymar on the other side so I’m really curious wetin dis man dey plan :woot:

I mean this is gonna be laughable sha .... ANYWAY like I said nah Sidon look mode for una this season. I’m very curious about the balance of this team with a very strange structure



Image





Image





Image



Dude please tell us what point you are trying to make here :mrgreen:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 57  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], kalani JR and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group