Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:43 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 128  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 6464
Location: US
I just like the way we have gone about our buying this season,
even with the WC to contend with. I think we have bought well.
I can't wait to see us play with the sophistication and structure
Emery will bring to the team.

Thankfully, our first game is just a month away. Not long to
wait........................

_________________
Image

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 8660
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Guendouzi signs

Image

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:04 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48264
Nkume wrote:
Guendouzi signs

Image

A very interesting signing. His stats for his age is quite remarkable. It suggests we could be signing a top to world class player for the future. His potential is one to excite. I will be taking a keen interest in this player because he is a direct threat to 1st teamers.

His signing means Arsenal have now gone over the £60m thought to be available for transfers this summer. Now let us see what happens for the rest of the window. If Arsenal spend again, it will be money from new sponsorship deals. If they don't, I will not be surprised.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:33 am
Posts: 4412
Location: Embedded with the nomads in the Sahara
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
juventuss wrote:
kai.. Arsenal just got a general in the midfield. That guy runs all day. a mini Arturo Vidal. Well done



Okay ohh another Little Terrier but oh well at least he might be an upgrade on Le Coq and hopefully keep Xhacrap out of the lineup


You sure he will keep Xhaka out of the line up. I disagree. Torreira will play next to Xhaka instead. Arsenal will not rush to ensure he signed a new bumper contract to bench him. Xhaka is pivotal to the plans of Emery and his contract is clear evidence of this.

We have not played a DM since Coquelin. We have played a CM double pivot, Xhaka’s best position is a deep lying playmaker and he has been crying for defensivebplayer like Torreira next to him.

Torreira is exactly what we have been crying out for in our midfield. He will cover more ground defensively than any midfielder that has played with Xhaka so far. Xhaka will be better with having a player like Torreira helping him out defensively. Also, Torreira is a very good passer, it will mean the opposition cannot focus their press and marking on Xhaka only, because he will no longer be the main passing outlet.

This will allow Xhaka to focus more on the attacking side of his game, then many here will claim he has improved a lot next season. When he is actually playing at the same level and was our best player 2nd half of last season.

Torreira signing is huge for Arsenal and we must hope it works out. If it does, he and another one like him in the Wide position and suddenly we are genuine top 4 contenders.

For me, Torreira is not only a direct upgrade on Wilshere but he will also help to improve those around him. Like I said, it will massively benefit Xhaka to play with a defensive minded partner, but it will mean Ramsey and Ozil can roam with more security behind them. Fullbacks will also have better cover when overlapping.

I have said, Emery will not play Ramsey as one of the pivot next to Xhaka. His philosophy is far too pragmatic. The fact is, Arsenal are correcting the final part of the team. It all started last summer.

Now, let us wait and see who leaves before the window closes.




Sometimes I dey wonder about you sha .... lemme go by what Emery did at PSG because I didn’t watch enough of Sevilla that closely to readh a reasonable conclusion.

At PSG he was primarily a 4-3-3 guy and then when in possession switched to a 3-4-3 with Motta the deepest player in between Silva and Marquinhos.

He liked to push up his fullbacks with his two outside wingers tucking in, as Rabiot and Veratti played ahead of Motta.

Consequently if I’m to use that as a model with Torrera serving as Motta, who will be the two box to box Mids? Xhacrap and Ramshyt? :woot: :laugh: :laugh:

Xhacrap has no Legs and Ramshyt, no brains!


Where does that leave Droopy? He cant press and the with his job on the line, Emery can not accommodate loafers.... Will he push the lout out wide then? :laugh:

He doesn’t have the legs of Mbappe on the outside or the wizardry of Neymar on the other side so I’m really curious wetin dis man dey plan :woot:

I mean this is gonna be laughable sha .... ANYWAY like I said nah Sidon look mode for una this season. I’m very curious about the balance of this team with a very strange structure



Image





Image





Image

I think El Neny is gone. I see him ending up at West Ham or Crystal palace

_________________
Niente Ÿ impossibile!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:33 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48264
anikulapo wrote:
Quote:
Ozil will be made to fit into the team and not his team fitting or playing to him. Emery, will not allow or accommodate any player who breaks the lines in his highly structured, disciplined, tight and rigid systems.

I have said many a time here, if Emery plays a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, there is plenty of scope to accommodate Torreira, Xhaka and Ramsey. For example, when we play City my guess is it will be a 4-3-3 cum 3-4-3. He can use Ramsey how he used Verratti against us, with a midfield of Xhaka, Torreira and Niles/Elneny etc. for example.


Against read what you have just posted .... where does this leave your god Mesut? Playing out wide now? :ohmy: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Again I can’t wait to see this :taunt: :taunt:

Depends on how you see it. Ozil setting up wide right does not mean he plays wide right. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 8:42 pm
Posts: 1337
Location: UK
Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Guendouzi signs

Image

A very interesting signing. His stats for his age is quite remarkable. It suggests we could be signing a top to world class player for the future. His potential is one to excite. I will be taking a keen interest in this player because he is a direct threat to 1st teamers.

His signing means Arsenal have now gone over the £60m thought to be available for transfers this summer. Now let us see what happens for the rest of the window. If Arsenal spend again, it will be money from new sponsorship deals. If they don't, I will not be surprised.


An example is Dele Ali, he was bought from MK dons and i don't think he was expected to make such an impact. Let us hope this dude makes an impact sooner or later and his career doesn't end up down the drain.

Good luck dude!!!!

_________________
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56293
Arsenal is going to sell several players.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48264
jdizzy wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
juventuss wrote:
kai.. Arsenal just got a general in the midfield. That guy runs all day. a mini Arturo Vidal. Well done



Okay ohh another Little Terrier but oh well at least he might be an upgrade on Le Coq and hopefully keep Xhacrap out of the lineup


You sure he will keep Xhaka out of the line up. I disagree. Torreira will play next to Xhaka instead. Arsenal will not rush to ensure he signed a new bumper contract to bench him. Xhaka is pivotal to the plans of Emery and his contract is clear evidence of this.

We have not played a DM since Coquelin. We have played a CM double pivot, Xhaka’s best position is a deep lying playmaker and he has been crying for defensivebplayer like Torreira next to him.

Torreira is exactly what we have been crying out for in our midfield. He will cover more ground defensively than any midfielder that has played with Xhaka so far. Xhaka will be better with having a player like Torreira helping him out defensively. Also, Torreira is a very good passer, it will mean the opposition cannot focus their press and marking on Xhaka only, because he will no longer be the main passing outlet.

This will allow Xhaka to focus more on the attacking side of his game, then many here will claim he has improved a lot next season. When he is actually playing at the same level and was our best player 2nd half of last season.

Torreira signing is huge for Arsenal and we must hope it works out. If it does, he and another one like him in the Wide position and suddenly we are genuine top 4 contenders.

For me, Torreira is not only a direct upgrade on Wilshere but he will also help to improve those around him. Like I said, it will massively benefit Xhaka to play with a defensive minded partner, but it will mean Ramsey and Ozil can roam with more security behind them. Fullbacks will also have better cover when overlapping.

I have said, Emery will not play Ramsey as one of the pivot next to Xhaka. His philosophy is far too pragmatic. The fact is, Arsenal are correcting the final part of the team. It all started last summer.

Now, let us wait and see who leaves before the window closes.




Sometimes I dey wonder about you sha .... lemme go by what Emery did at PSG because I didn’t watch enough of Sevilla that closely to readh a reasonable conclusion.

At PSG he was primarily a 4-3-3 guy and then when in possession switched to a 3-4-3 with Motta the deepest player in between Silva and Marquinhos.

He liked to push up his fullbacks with his two outside wingers tucking in, as Rabiot and Veratti played ahead of Motta.

Consequently if I’m to use that as a model with Torrera serving as Motta, who will be the two box to box Mids? Xhacrap and Ramshyt? :woot: :laugh: :laugh:

Xhacrap has no Legs and Ramshyt, no brains!


Where does that leave Droopy? He cant press and the with his job on the line, Emery can not accommodate loafers.... Will he push the lout out wide then? :laugh:

He doesn’t have the legs of Mbappe on the outside or the wizardry of Neymar on the other side so I’m really curious wetin dis man dey plan :woot:

I mean this is gonna be laughable sha .... ANYWAY like I said nah Sidon look mode for una this season. I’m very curious about the balance of this team with a very strange structure



Image





Image





Image

I think El Neny is gone. I see him ending up at West Ham or Crystal palace


You sure?????

Arsenal had last summer; Wilshere, Ramsey, Santi, Coquelin, Xhaka and Niles.

This summer; Torreira, Ramsey, (assuming Emery sees him as a CDM) Xhaka, Niles and today Matteo is added.

This leaves one more place, which is usually a fight between Academy players. I see Ben Sheaf, Joe Willock and Josh DaSilva (if he signs up and rejects the considerable interests of other clubs) fighting for this shirt. If Josh signs up, he will take some beating even if Ben will be favourite in terms of age and experience.

Now we analyse it two ways. Jack, Santi and Ramsey were injury prone and hardly play a full season, with only Ramsey remaining of the injury prone players, it is arguable we are over loaded with current numbers, consequently Elneny will or can be sold?

I don't think so. I think Elneny will stay because we lack numbers for a position that is highly work intensive and not good for injury to players.

If Elneny is to be sold, then we must bring in a replacement that is better than him, or we leave ourselves short on numbers and experience in a crucial part of the squad, cos we will have to rely on kids to play there.

I don't think we will be looking to sell such a player especially if we do not need the money. For possible player sales, look at positions like goalie and CD.

I maybe wrong but this is my analysis of things are they are currently.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 8660
Location: Osisi Nkwu
ohenhen1 wrote:
Arsenal is going to sell several players.


Who?

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56293
Nkume wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Arsenal is going to sell several players.


Who?



Maybe Ramsey

Ospina or Cech

Campbell

Akpom

Perez or Welbeck

Mustaffi is gone..

Jenkinson

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 53644
Location: USA
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Quote:
Ozil will be made to fit into the team and not his team fitting or playing to him. Emery, will not allow or accommodate any player who breaks the lines in his highly structured, disciplined, tight and rigid systems.

I have said many a time here, if Emery plays a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, there is plenty of scope to accommodate Torreira, Xhaka and Ramsey. For example, when we play City my guess is it will be a 4-3-3 cum 3-4-3. He can use Ramsey how he used Verratti against us, with a midfield of Xhaka, Torreira and Niles/Elneny etc. for example.


Against read what you have just posted .... where does this leave your god Mesut? Playing out wide now? :ohmy: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Again I can’t wait to see this :taunt: :taunt:

Depends on how you see it. Ozil setting up wide right does not mean he plays wide right. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:



:rotf:

Now you are confusing yourself because you can’t see the obvious .... see Yeyeman :lol:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 53644
Location: USA
Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Guendouzi signs

Image

A very interesting signing. His stats for his age is quite remarkable. It suggests we could be signing a top to world class player for the future. His potential is one to excite. I will be taking a keen interest in this player because he is a direct threat to 1st teamers.

His signing means Arsenal have now gone over the £60m thought to be available for transfers this summer. Now let us see what happens for the rest of the window. If Arsenal spend again, it will be money from new sponsorship deals. If they don't, I will not be surprised.



Yawnnnnnn, the player they want is Adrien Rabiot who has gone through a lot at PSG ... keep wasting time and spin doctoring over Kenny G here :taunt:

Rabiot is ten times the player XHACRAP will ever be ... go and sign the kid and stop all this pontificating

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:33 am
Posts: 4412
Location: Embedded with the nomads in the Sahara
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
juventuss wrote:
kai.. Arsenal just got a general in the midfield. That guy runs all day. a mini Arturo Vidal. Well done



Okay ohh another Little Terrier but oh well at least he might be an upgrade on Le Coq and hopefully keep Xhacrap out of the lineup


You sure he will keep Xhaka out of the line up. I disagree. Torreira will play next to Xhaka instead. Arsenal will not rush to ensure he signed a new bumper contract to bench him. Xhaka is pivotal to the plans of Emery and his contract is clear evidence of this.

We have not played a DM since Coquelin. We have played a CM double pivot, Xhaka’s best position is a deep lying playmaker and he has been crying for defensivebplayer like Torreira next to him.

Torreira is exactly what we have been crying out for in our midfield. He will cover more ground defensively than any midfielder that has played with Xhaka so far. Xhaka will be better with having a player like Torreira helping him out defensively. Also, Torreira is a very good passer, it will mean the opposition cannot focus their press and marking on Xhaka only, because he will no longer be the main passing outlet.

This will allow Xhaka to focus more on the attacking side of his game, then many here will claim he has improved a lot next season. When he is actually playing at the same level and was our best player 2nd half of last season.

Torreira signing is huge for Arsenal and we must hope it works out. If it does, he and another one like him in the Wide position and suddenly we are genuine top 4 contenders.

For me, Torreira is not only a direct upgrade on Wilshere but he will also help to improve those around him. Like I said, it will massively benefit Xhaka to play with a defensive minded partner, but it will mean Ramsey and Ozil can roam with more security behind them. Fullbacks will also have better cover when overlapping.

I have said, Emery will not play Ramsey as one of the pivot next to Xhaka. His philosophy is far too pragmatic. The fact is, Arsenal are correcting the final part of the team. It all started last summer.

Now, let us wait and see who leaves before the window closes.




Sometimes I dey wonder about you sha .... lemme go by what Emery did at PSG because I didn’t watch enough of Sevilla that closely to readh a reasonable conclusion.

At PSG he was primarily a 4-3-3 guy and then when in possession switched to a 3-4-3 with Motta the deepest player in between Silva and Marquinhos.

He liked to push up his fullbacks with his two outside wingers tucking in, as Rabiot and Veratti played ahead of Motta.

Consequently if I’m to use that as a model with Torrera serving as Motta, who will be the two box to box Mids? Xhacrap and Ramshyt? :woot: :laugh: :laugh:

Xhacrap has no Legs and Ramshyt, no brains!


Where does that leave Droopy? He cant press and the with his job on the line, Emery can not accommodate loafers.... Will he push the lout out wide then? :laugh:

He doesn’t have the legs of Mbappe on the outside or the wizardry of Neymar on the other side so I’m really curious wetin dis man dey plan :woot:

I mean this is gonna be laughable sha .... ANYWAY like I said nah Sidon look mode for una this season. I’m very curious about the balance of this team with a very strange structure



Image





Image





Image

I think El Neny is gone. I see him ending up at West Ham or Crystal palace


You sure?????

Arsenal had last summer; Wilshere, Ramsey, Santi, Coquelin, Xhaka and Niles.

This summer; Torreira, Ramsey, (assuming Emery sees him as a CDM) Xhaka, Niles and today Matteo is added.

This leaves one more place, which is usually a fight between Academy players. I see Ben Sheaf, Joe Willock and Josh DaSilva (if he signs up and rejects the considerable interests of other clubs) fighting for this shirt. If Josh signs up, he will take some beating even if Ben will be favourite in terms of age and experience.

Now we analyse it two ways. Jack, Santi and Ramsey were injury prone and hardly play a full season, with only Ramsey remaining of the injury prone players, it is arguable we are over loaded with current numbers, consequently Elneny will or can be sold?

I don't think so. I think Elneny will stay because we lack numbers for a position that is highly work intensive and not good for injury to players.

If Elneny is to be sold, then we must bring in a replacement that is better than him, or we leave ourselves short on numbers and experience in a crucial part of the squad, cos we will have to rely on kids to play there.

I don't think we will be looking to sell such a player especially if we do not need the money. For possible player sales, look at positions like goalie and CD.

I maybe wrong but this is my analysis of things are they are currently.

Well, we are continuously linked to Nzonzi which tells me that Emery does not fancy El Neny. Surely Niles stays as he is one for the future. Should all be sorted out after the world cup final.
Btw, you can't include Santi in last summer's numbers. there was never any real expectation of him contributing

_________________
Niente Ÿ impossibile!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29425
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Waffiman wrote:
jdizzy wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
juventuss wrote:
kai.. Arsenal just got a general in the midfield. That guy runs all day. a mini Arturo Vidal. Well done



Okay ohh another Little Terrier but oh well at least he might be an upgrade on Le Coq and hopefully keep Xhacrap out of the lineup


You sure he will keep Xhaka out of the line up. I disagree. Torreira will play next to Xhaka instead. Arsenal will not rush to ensure he signed a new bumper contract to bench him. Xhaka is pivotal to the plans of Emery and his contract is clear evidence of this.

We have not played a DM since Coquelin. We have played a CM double pivot, Xhaka’s best position is a deep lying playmaker and he has been crying for defensivebplayer like Torreira next to him.

Torreira is exactly what we have been crying out for in our midfield. He will cover more ground defensively than any midfielder that has played with Xhaka so far. Xhaka will be better with having a player like Torreira helping him out defensively. Also, Torreira is a very good passer, it will mean the opposition cannot focus their press and marking on Xhaka only, because he will no longer be the main passing outlet.

This will allow Xhaka to focus more on the attacking side of his game, then many here will claim he has improved a lot next season. When he is actually playing at the same level and was our best player 2nd half of last season.

Torreira signing is huge for Arsenal and we must hope it works out. If it does, he and another one like him in the Wide position and suddenly we are genuine top 4 contenders.

For me, Torreira is not only a direct upgrade on Wilshere but he will also help to improve those around him. Like I said, it will massively benefit Xhaka to play with a defensive minded partner, but it will mean Ramsey and Ozil can roam with more security behind them. Fullbacks will also have better cover when overlapping.

I have said, Emery will not play Ramsey as one of the pivot next to Xhaka. His philosophy is far too pragmatic. The fact is, Arsenal are correcting the final part of the team. It all started last summer.

Now, let us wait and see who leaves before the window closes.




Sometimes I dey wonder about you sha .... lemme go by what Emery did at PSG because I didn’t watch enough of Sevilla that closely to readh a reasonable conclusion.

At PSG he was primarily a 4-3-3 guy and then when in possession switched to a 3-4-3 with Motta the deepest player in between Silva and Marquinhos.

He liked to push up his fullbacks with his two outside wingers tucking in, as Rabiot and Veratti played ahead of Motta.

Consequently if I’m to use that as a model with Torrera serving as Motta, who will be the two box to box Mids? Xhacrap and Ramshyt? :woot: :laugh: :laugh:

Xhacrap has no Legs and Ramshyt, no brains!


Where does that leave Droopy? He cant press and the with his job on the line, Emery can not accommodate loafers.... Will he push the lout out wide then? :laugh:

He doesn’t have the legs of Mbappe on the outside or the wizardry of Neymar on the other side so I’m really curious wetin dis man dey plan :woot:

I mean this is gonna be laughable sha .... ANYWAY like I said nah Sidon look mode for una this season. I’m very curious about the balance of this team with a very strange structure



Image





Image





Image

I think El Neny is gone. I see him ending up at West Ham or Crystal palace


You sure?????

Arsenal had last summer; Wilshere, Ramsey, Santi, Coquelin, Xhaka and Niles.

This summer; Torreira, Ramsey, (assuming Emery sees him as a CDM) Xhaka, Niles and today Matteo is added.

This leaves one more place, which is usually a fight between Academy players. I see Ben Sheaf, Joe Willock and Josh DaSilva (if he signs up and rejects the considerable interests of other clubs) fighting for this shirt. If Josh signs up, he will take some beating even if Ben will be favourite in terms of age and experience.

Now we analyse it two ways. Jack, Santi and Ramsey were injury prone and hardly play a full season, with only Ramsey remaining of the injury prone players, it is arguable we are over loaded with current numbers, consequently Elneny will or can be sold?

I don't think so. I think Elneny will stay because we lack numbers for a position that is highly work intensive and not good for injury to players.

If Elneny is to be sold, then we must bring in a replacement that is better than him, or we leave ourselves short on numbers and experience in a crucial part of the squad, cos we will have to rely on kids to play there.

I don't think we will be looking to sell such a player especially if we do not need the money. For possible player sales, look at positions like goalie and CD.

I maybe wrong but this is my analysis of things are they are currently.

Agreed as per cover.

Reading up about Unai, it is clear that relying on a first team will not carry the legs through a highly intense season.

There'll be no room for just tagging long. Even Ozil could find he is not playing in the top matches.

Hopefully, we can return to the policy of blooding the young team uns through the lesser tournaments.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29425
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Waffiman wrote:
Torreira brings 'garra charrua', (meaning, hard attitude and tenacity) are told. So long as he garra charrua the fark out of the spuds chicken and everyone who wears it, he will always be an Arsenal hero. :P :woot: :lol:

So my understanding of Emery is that it is kind of lifted in parts from Bielsa's manual. At it's core is possession, fast transitions, high intensity, gritty defence and counter attacking.

So it appears attractive football is going out the window. It going to be hard to warm up to but provided we start winning in key battles I am all for it.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 8660
Location: Osisi Nkwu
ohenhen1 wrote:
Nkume wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Arsenal is going to sell several players.


Who?



Maybe Ramsey

Ospina or Cech

Campbell

Akpom

Perez or Welbeck

Mustaffi is gone..

Jenkinson


Ramsey is not going anywhere.

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29425
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
Chelsea are close to signing Maurizio Sarri who appears to have a similar coaching philosophy to Unai Emery.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 53644
Location: USA
Quote:
So my understanding of Emery is that it is kind of lifted in parts from Bielsa's manual. At it's core is possession, fast transitions, high intensity, gritty defence and counter attacking.


Pray tell us how you can play that way with Mezut Ozil and Xhaka in your lineup

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:30 am
Posts: 7171
Location: Canada
August no far..lets all be the husbands and wives of patience...

I am with Globero.... if Emery sell, buy, change, no change ...na still Arsenal for life... e don marra.

Lets gear up and support Monsieur Emery to a glorious first season with the beloved :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 33622
anikulapo wrote:
Quote:
So my understanding of Emery is that it is kind of lifted in parts from Bielsa's manual. At it's core is possession, fast transitions, high intensity, gritty defence and counter attacking.


Pray tell us how you can play that way with Mezut Ozil and Xhaka in your lineup

Uncle must they play?Bench them or put them in market if they don't fit in.
if Emery don't learn from Wenger mistake he will be ship out.
Beside at PSG his style of play was poor,with quality players he failed and its why he lasted just 2 years.Hope he has learn and start with a big win against City and Chelsea to put fears to other clubs.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 1:27 pm
Posts: 29425
Location: Displaced Naija. Don't bother
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Quote:
So my understanding of Emery is that it is kind of lifted in parts from Bielsa's manual. At it's core is possession, fast transitions, high intensity, gritty defence and counter attacking.


Pray tell us how you can play that way with Mezut Ozil and Xhaka in your lineup

Uncle must they play?Bench them or put them in market if they don't fit in.
if Emery don't learn from Wenger mistake he will be ship out.
Beside at PSG his style of play was poor,with quality players he failed and its why he lasted just 2 years.Hope he has learn and start with a big win against City and Chelsea to put fears to other clubs.

His major problem at PSG was egos. He adapted to what he found there to accommodate all the big egos.

What do you mean his style of play was poor? He is a pragmatist and thank God for that.

_________________
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 53644
Location: USA
Watching a Little Maestro like Luca Modric perform reminds me of why I love the beautiful game. I’m usually skeptical of Little Terriers in the middle (sans Kanté ) but the way that little man was able to dictate and dominate play, and bring a tear to the eyes of my sons Croatian coach, told me all you needed to know.

True Baller :thumb:

Another reason for me to despise the pathetic bleating of Ozilites who worship an absolute pathetic lazy tosser who Strolls around the field and makes a sideways pass that some losers count as chances created ... and then come here to make noise :woot:

God bless Luca Modric .... Baller to the core :thumb:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 35902
Location: Somewhere
anikulapo wrote:
Watching a Little Maestro like Luca Modric perform reminds me of why I love the beautiful game. I’m usually skeptical of Little Terriers in the middle (sans Kanté ) but the way that little man was able to dictate and dominate play, and bring a tear to the eyes of my sons Croatian coach, told me all you needed to know.

True Baller :thumb:

Another reason for me to despise the pathetic bleating of Ozilites who worship an absolute pathetic lazy tosser who Strolls around the field and makes a sideways pass that some losers count as chances created ... and then come here to make noise :woot:

God bless Luca Modric .... Baller to the core :thumb:



Your uncle Wenger said Modric was too tiny, so he went to Spuds....

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2932 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 128  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chriskendo43, Google [Bot], King Futcha, txj and 19 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group