Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:37 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465 ... 482  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 am
Posts: 30617
How did your club do this?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48362430

Let go by Arsenal, scouted by Giorgio Chiellini's brother - and now celebrating Juventus' Serie A title with a Cristiano Ronaldo selfie. A lot has changed in a year for Stephy Mavididi.

When Aaron Ramsey joins the Italian giants this summer, he will not be the only former Gunner in their ranks.

The Welshman will join 20-year-old striker Mavididi, who last month became the first Englishman since David Platt in 1992 to play for the Old Lady.

It's an incredible rise for the Derby-born player, who never made a senior Arsenal appearance and was playing on loan at League One Charlton last season.

Mavididi tells BBC Sport about his decision to play abroad, training with Juventus' star-studded squad, and also how he dealt with the death of his father just days after Juventus sealed a record eighth consecutive league title.

_________________
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB GT755M | 8GB DDR3L | 1TB 5400RPM | N2230 | LGIPS237L/LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: HP Pavilion 2500: Core2Duo T5250 1.5GHz | 2GB DDR2 | 320GB | 64MB NVidia GeF8400M - Linux Mint Cinnamon
HTC One - BB Z10 - APPLE IPad Mini


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:10 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 49883
Cristao II wrote:
How did your club do this?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48362430

Let go by Arsenal, scouted by Giorgio Chiellini's brother - and now celebrating Juventus' Serie A title with a Cristiano Ronaldo selfie. A lot has changed in a year for Stephy Mavididi.

When Aaron Ramsey joins the Italian giants this summer, he will not be the only former Gunner in their ranks.

The Welshman will join 20-year-old striker Mavididi, who last month became the first Englishman since David Platt in 1992 to play for the Old Lady.

It's an incredible rise for the Derby-born player, who never made a senior Arsenal appearance and was playing on loan at League One Charlton last season.

Mavididi tells BBC Sport about his decision to play abroad, training with Juventus' star-studded squad, and also how he dealt with the death of his father just days after Juventus sealed a record eighth consecutive league title.


Mavididi is one I watched grow but he had 2 years left of his contract when he was let go at a very young age. There was also talk about him asking to leave because Eddie Nketiah had moved ahead of him and he wanted out.

But I also have to say it is a though call, you just never know which player will make it. Look at Niles, no one ever saw him being the only one to make it from his set. Look at Willock, who saw him developing to the players he is becoming? Arsenal have a fantastic crop of youth players at present, we will make a mistake with one or two. Mavididi will not be the first or last.

You also have to give credit to these young players who are no longer scared to go try their luck elsewhere, leaving their comfort zone. Mavididi has not made it yet, so let us not get carried away, but as one who knows the kid, I have always wished him nothing but the best. I am happy for the guy. Hopefully, he returns to play for us one day.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5673
Location: Here
Waffiman wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
How did your club do this?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48362430

Let go by Arsenal, scouted by Giorgio Chiellini's brother - and now celebrating Juventus' Serie A title with a Cristiano Ronaldo selfie. A lot has changed in a year for Stephy Mavididi.

When Aaron Ramsey joins the Italian giants this summer, he will not be the only former Gunner in their ranks.

The Welshman will join 20-year-old striker Mavididi, who last month became the first Englishman since David Platt in 1992 to play for the Old Lady.

It's an incredible rise for the Derby-born player, who never made a senior Arsenal appearance and was playing on loan at League One Charlton last season.

Mavididi tells BBC Sport about his decision to play abroad, training with Juventus' star-studded squad, and also how he dealt with the death of his father just days after Juventus sealed a record eighth consecutive league title.


Mavididi is one I watched grow but he had 2 years left of his contract when he was let go at a very young age. There was also talk about him asking to leave because Eddie Nketiah had moved ahead of him and he wanted out.

But I also have to say it is a though call, you just never know which player will make it. Look at Niles, no one ever saw him being the only one to make it from his set. Look at Willock, who saw him developing to the players he is becoming? Arsenal have a fantastic crop of youth players at present, we will make a mistake with one or two. Mavididi will not be the first or last.

You also have to give credit to these young players who are no longer scared to go try their luck elsewhere, leaving their comfort zone. Mavididi has not made it yet, so let us not get carried away, but as one who knows the kid, I have always wished him nothing but the best. I am happy for the guy. Hopefully, he returns to play for us one day.


One thing Steph has going for himself is his height and physicality. He developed faster, physically, than most of his peers. I also watched him a lot playing for the Arsenal youth teams. I wish him the best.

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:59 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 49883
Cally wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Cristao II wrote:
How did your club do this?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48362430

Let go by Arsenal, scouted by Giorgio Chiellini's brother - and now celebrating Juventus' Serie A title with a Cristiano Ronaldo selfie. A lot has changed in a year for Stephy Mavididi.

When Aaron Ramsey joins the Italian giants this summer, he will not be the only former Gunner in their ranks.

The Welshman will join 20-year-old striker Mavididi, who last month became the first Englishman since David Platt in 1992 to play for the Old Lady.

It's an incredible rise for the Derby-born player, who never made a senior Arsenal appearance and was playing on loan at League One Charlton last season.

Mavididi tells BBC Sport about his decision to play abroad, training with Juventus' star-studded squad, and also how he dealt with the death of his father just days after Juventus sealed a record eighth consecutive league title.


Mavididi is one I watched grow but he had 2 years left of his contract when he was let go at a very young age. There was also talk about him asking to leave because Eddie Nketiah had moved ahead of him and he wanted out.

But I also have to say it is a though call, you just never know which player will make it. Look at Niles, no one ever saw him being the only one to make it from his set. Look at Willock, who saw him developing to the players he is becoming? Arsenal have a fantastic crop of youth players at present, we will make a mistake with one or two. Mavididi will not be the first or last.

You also have to give credit to these young players who are no longer scared to go try their luck elsewhere, leaving their comfort zone. Mavididi has not made it yet, so let us not get carried away, but as one who knows the kid, I have always wished him nothing but the best. I am happy for the guy. Hopefully, he returns to play for us one day.


One thing Steph has going for himself is his height and physicality. He developed faster, physically, than most of his peers. I also watched him a lot playing for the Arsenal youth teams. I wish him the best.


Spot on. Physically he was ahead of his peers.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:35 pm
Posts: 16384
Location: El-Menzah
Quote:
The bottomline is we are coming together to eliminate these trolls from our thread. Speaking out is a clear message of our disapproval. Also, I know this is hard, because one feels ge has to respond to their trolling, however, I wish we ignore them in general football discourse, when we do that we take away the oxygen of attention they crave and depend on.

Waffi, the ignore feature on the forum works pretty darn well I must say!


It does indeed maceo4

I have not seen a single post from the moronic duo of Kaycee2g and big pokey in ages and it makes for a far more pleasant experience.

I refuse to feed trolls, I refuse to engage with utter losers of life, I will not bother with disingenuous individuals whose only goal is to spread toxicity.

_________________
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:25 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 79887
Location: Earth
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Quote:
The bottomline is we are coming together to eliminate these trolls from our thread. Speaking out is a clear message of our disapproval. Also, I know this is hard, because one feels ge has to respond to their trolling, however, I wish we ignore them in general football discourse, when we do that we take away the oxygen of attention they crave and depend on.

Waffi, the ignore feature on the forum works pretty darn well I must say!


It does indeed maceo4

I have not seen a single post from the moronic duo of Kaycee2g and big pokey in ages and it makes for a far more pleasant experience.

I refuse to feed trolls, I refuse to engage with utter losers of life, I will not bother with disingenuous individuals whose only goal is to spread toxicity.

:rotf: internet ooooo...A Tunisian who offers nothing to a Nigerian forum...kai... I really don enter many of una ..chei una go tell una great great great grand children about bigpokey. Very soon , nah national holiday una go give me

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 11:56 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36382
Our main man OGa Wenger,
Wenger was speaking at the launch of a new partnership with a sports technology company, which he is joining as an investor and operating partner.

The firm said Wenger would be taking an "active role in business and product development" of a device housed in a football boot that analyses players' technical, tactical and physical performance.

It will not prevent the Frenchman from resuming his career in football. However 12 months out of work has given him a different outlook and may influence his next move.

"You will see me again in football. As a manager... I don't know," he said.

"In this year I did a lot of charity work, conferences - and I enjoyed it, I must say, to be a little bit less in highlights and less under stress.

"I'm less intense, but I have a better perspective of what's going on. I see the mistakes managers make and I don't pay the price for it.

"I came to the conclusion I want to share what I learned in my life, because I think life is only useful if, at some stage, you share what you know.

"In what way will it be? Will it be in just winning football games, or will it be in another way? That's what I have to decide and that decision will come very quickly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 12:33 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 79887
Location: Earth
Kajifu, Wenger has already left le Emirates, una still dey cry

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36382
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Kajifu, Wenger has already left le Emirates, una still dey cry

He remain our legend and his heart is s till at emirate.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:58 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 79887
Location: Earth
kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Kajifu, Wenger has already left le Emirates, una still dey cry

He remain our legend and his heart is s till at emirate.

so what are your score prediction for wednesday's final? You do know Chelsea do not care about the outcome and are just in it for spoilers? :D

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 10154
Location: Osisi Nkwu
http://www.footytube.com/news/arsene-we ... self-69387

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 79887
Location: Earth
Nkume wrote:
http://www.footytube.com/news/arsene-wenger-all-of-us-have-competition-my-toughest-one-was-with-myself-69387



Image

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36382
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Kajifu, Wenger has already left le Emirates, una still dey cry

He remain our legend and his heart is s till at emirate.

so what are your score prediction for wednesday's final? You do know Chelsea do not care about the outcome and are just in it for spoilers? :D

By God grace beloved will carry the day.Stop lying Chelsea care,your coach has never won anything.This is his world cup,Hazard said he will win it to get a free pass to go to Madrid.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:14 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 79887
Location: Earth
kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Kajifu, Wenger has already left le Emirates, una still dey cry

He remain our legend and his heart is s till at emirate.

so what are your score prediction for wednesday's final? You do know Chelsea do not care about the outcome and are just in it for spoilers? :D

By God grace beloved will carry the day.Stop lying Chelsea care,your coach has never won anything.This is his world cup,Hazard said he will win it to get a free pass to go to Madrid.

so won't God's grace be with Chelsea as well?

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36382
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
kajifu wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Kajifu, Wenger has already left le Emirates, una still dey cry

He remain our legend and his heart is s till at emirate.

so what are your score prediction for wednesday's final? You do know Chelsea do not care about the outcome and are just in it for spoilers? :D

By God grace beloved will carry the day.Stop lying Chelsea care,your coach has never won anything.This is his world cup,Hazard said he will win it to get a free pass to go to Madrid.

so won't God's grace be with Chelsea as well?

Roman is a mafia, steal money from Russia oil money.So God don't like dirty...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:17 pm
Posts: 8247
god does not care about futbol.
kajifu wrote:
Roman is a mafia, steal money from Russia oil money.So God don't like dirty...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36382
Who will City play in Community shield since they win everything in England?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2019 9:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 59056
kajifu wrote:
Who will City play in Community shield since they win everything in England?


Watford

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 4:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 10154
Location: Osisi Nkwu


:clap: :clap: :clap: Chuba is an invisible.

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 5:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 10154
Location: Osisi Nkwu



_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9611
From headlines to rejects - futbol!!!!!

https://twitter.com/Aubazettes/status/1 ... 2092279810

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 59056
Still the Same chubaa Akpom to me. He is playing against weak opposition in Greece.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 37892
Location: Somewhere
Nkume wrote:


:clap: :clap: :clap: Chuba is an invisible.



I can swear he is not. I have seen him multiple times.

_________________
Image
AFCON 2015 sweet o
Barren for 35 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 459, 460, 461, 462, 463, 464, 465 ... 482  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aruako1, jette1, oloye, txj, Ugbowo and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group