Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:36 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 34022
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffi you had a chance to de-escalate this thing ... Haba Cmon Men ... when you are ready to talk correct Football lemme know ... Kajifu biko e don do ... POINT MADE :idea:

Nah I will not let him start insult me and get away with it even though his insults are jokes to me as I enjoy every pain he gets from responding to me..When someone don't have anything meaningful to say results to insults,so you talk to him not me as I never insult him to start.The clown think he can get away with insults but when hit back he get emotion start cry like a girl oops :rotf: I forget he is gay dude opening nyash left and right :rotf: :rotf:



Bros you showed remarkable restraint initially and I did say Waffi over-reacted .... anyway biko una be my guys so e don do Abeg ...

Chief if you notice, i have never insult anyone ever in this forum but only Waffi and its because he insult me,i used to let it slide
that its a faceless forum and he doesn't even know me in person,so why should i bother but he keep doing it and i hit back.Ask your self why he always insult people he never agree with?The truth is he has been expose and cant keep his emotion in check.Well i will let it go as you said but will hit back if he continue.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54149
Location: USA
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffi you had a chance to de-escalate this thing ... Haba Cmon Men ... when you are ready to talk correct Football lemme know ... Kajifu biko e don do ... POINT MADE :idea:

Nah I will not let him start insult me and get away with it even though his insults are jokes to me as I enjoy every pain he gets from responding to me..When someone don't have anything meaningful to say results to insults,so you talk to him not me as I never insult him to start.The clown think he can get away with insults but when hit back he get emotion start cry like a girl oops :rotf: I forget he is gay dude opening nyash left and right :rotf: :rotf:



Bros you showed remarkable restraint initially and I did say Waffi over-reacted .... anyway biko una be my guys so e don do Abeg ...

Chief if you notice, i have never insult anyone ever in this forum but only Waffi and its because he insult me,i used to let it slide
that its a faceless forum and he doesn't even know me in person,so why should i bother but he keep doing it and i hit back.Ask your self why he always insult people he never agree with?The truth is he has been expose and cant keep his emotion in check.Well i will let it go as you said but will hit back if he continue.



Bros biko you were not in the wrong ohhhh .... Abeg try let am go .... Cheers :thumb:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:44 am
Posts: 23153
Location: Atlanta
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffi you had a chance to de-escalate this thing ... Haba Cmon Men ... when you are ready to talk correct Football lemme know ... Kajifu biko e don do ... POINT MADE :idea:

Nah I will not let him start insult me and get away with it even though his insults are jokes to me as I enjoy every pain he gets from responding to me..When someone don't have anything meaningful to say results to insults,so you talk to him not me as I never insult him to start.The clown think he can get away with insults but when hit back he get emotion start cry like a girl oops :rotf: I forget he is gay dude opening nyash left and right :rotf: :rotf:



Bros you showed remarkable restraint initially and I did say Waffi over-reacted .... anyway biko una be my guys so e don do Abeg ...

Chief if you notice, i have never insult anyone ever in this forum but only Waffi and its because he insult me,i used to let it slide
that its a faceless forum and he doesn't even know me in person,so why should i bother but he keep doing it and i hit back.Ask your self why he always insult people he never agree with?The truth is he has been expose and cant keep his emotion in check.Well i will let it go as you said but will hit back if he continue.



Bros biko you were not in the wrong ohhhh .... Abeg try let am go .... Cheers :thumb:



This anikuyeye guy trying to act like a peacemaker :taunt:

_________________
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 32822
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Globero wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffi you had a chance to de-escalate this thing ... Haba Cmon Men ... when you are ready to talk correct Football lemme know ... Kajifu biko e don do ... POINT MADE :idea:

Nah I will not let him start insult me and get away with it even though his insults are jokes to me as I enjoy every pain he gets from responding to me..When someone don't have anything meaningful to say results to insults,so you talk to him not me as I never insult him to start.The clown think he can get away with insults but when hit back he get emotion start cry like a girl oops :rotf: I forget he is gay dude opening nyash left and right :rotf: :rotf:



Bros you showed remarkable restraint initially and I did say Waffi over-reacted .... anyway biko una be my guys so e don do Abeg ...

Chief if you notice, i have never insult anyone ever in this forum but only Waffi and its because he insult me,i used to let it slide
that its a faceless forum and he doesn't even know me in person,so why should i bother but he keep doing it and i hit back.Ask your self why he always insult people he never agree with?The truth is he has been expose and cant keep his emotion in check.Well i will let it go as you said but will hit back if he continue.



Bros biko you were not in the wrong ohhhh .... Abeg try let am go .... Cheers :thumb:



This anikuyeye guy trying to act like a peacemaker :taunt:

Ain't that sumt'n! :? :P

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54149
Location: USA
https://www.nbcsports.com/video/arsenal ... highlights


That’s truly the best way to send off Arsene..... Hmmmm another fluid offensive outing without You Know Who ...Seems a pattern

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:47 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
anikulapo wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6253891/Secrets-Unai-Emerys-revolution-loves-high-octane-training-banned-sugary-drinks.html


Waffi now that you’re hopefully done beefing Oya tell me what you think of this article :woot: :woot:


As usual, it is rubbish. I posted something warning about premature ejaculation. We have done nothing that has not been done and bettered by Wenger. Let me state facts and the fact remains, the man who they are trying to denigrate set all the high standards at our club.

So why all the gloating and chest pumping and abuse from people here, who I have no regard or respect for their football know how, and as you know I have nothing but pure contempt for. Did I over react? No. I actually believed I shown restraint.

These people have nothing to offer, and have acted like street urchins (which some of them like Kajifu are) scum towards a person like Wenger, so they try to justify their dastardly behaviour towards the man by jumping on an unbeaten run, like they are clever or have anything going for them. If these people who I have the utmost content for, put it in my direction, it will be brimstone and fire. Trust me, I fight fire with fire.

The way the people here are carrying on, it is like we have not had a run like this for years . We won 10 games straight in 13/14. We also had two runs of 8, and then 9 straight wins in 14/15 too. The 13/14 run also included the team goals v Norwich (Wilshere) and Sunderland (Rosicky).

Look, it as great to win like we did. I felt the away support buzzing like it was, and I even called friends in there to join in, listened to their chants, just to have some flavour myself, :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: cos those guys suffered last season. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’m loving the look of this team and my man Unai, I can obviously see progress, particularly with certain players but let us not get in the habit of rewriting history to fuel an agenda that’s already been satisfied. Wenger is gone, let Arsenal's greatest be.

To avoid any doubt, I hope that my man Unai and this team go on to smash all of our and any other teams existing straight wins records because my agenda is, was and always will be about the club.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:50 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
Globero wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffi you had a chance to de-escalate this thing ... Haba Cmon Men ... when you are ready to talk correct Football lemme know ... Kajifu biko e don do ... POINT MADE :idea:

Nah I will not let him start insult me and get away with it even though his insults are jokes to me as I enjoy every pain he gets from responding to me..When someone don't have anything meaningful to say results to insults,so you talk to him not me as I never insult him to start.The clown think he can get away with insults but when hit back he get emotion start cry like a girl oops :rotf: I forget he is gay dude opening nyash left and right :rotf: :rotf:



Bros you showed remarkable restraint initially and I did say Waffi over-reacted .... anyway biko una be my guys so e don do Abeg ...

Chief if you notice, i have never insult anyone ever in this forum but only Waffi and its because he insult me,i used to let it slide
that its a faceless forum and he doesn't even know me in person,so why should i bother but he keep doing it and i hit back.Ask your self why he always insult people he never agree with?The truth is he has been expose and cant keep his emotion in check.Well i will let it go as you said but will hit back if he continue.



Bros biko you were not in the wrong ohhhh .... Abeg try let am go .... Cheers :thumb:



This anikuyeye guy trying to act like a peacemaker :taunt:


There is no need. There is peace, love and harmony if there is respect and basic human decency. I tried restraint in the past but it did not work, so it is now gangster. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:54 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffi you had a chance to de-escalate this thing ... Haba Cmon Men ... when you are ready to talk correct Football lemme know ... Kajifu biko e don do ... POINT MADE :idea:

Nah I will not let him start insult me and get away with it even though his insults are jokes to me as I enjoy every pain he gets from responding to me..When someone don't have anything meaningful to say results to insults,so you talk to him not me as I never insult him to start.The clown think he can get away with insults but when hit back he get emotion start cry like a girl oops :rotf: I forget he is gay dude opening nyash left and right :rotf: :rotf:



Bros you showed remarkable restraint initially and I did say Waffi over-reacted .... anyway biko una be my guys so e don do Abeg ...

Chief if you notice, i have never insult anyone ever in this forum but only Waffi and its because he insult me,i used to let it slide
that its a faceless forum and he doesn't even know me in person,so why should i bother but he keep doing it and i hit back.Ask your self why he always insult people he never agree with?The truth is he has been expose and cant keep his emotion in check.Well i will let it go as you said but will hit back if he continue.



Bros biko you were not in the wrong ohhhh .... Abeg try let am go .... Cheers :thumb:


I held my counsel and this ....... even went on other threads making cowardly reference and insults to me. He must think I am a f00l. Then he joined his brother Yemshit, that is red rag to a bull. I have warned them many times, they step on my toes, I will not hold back.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:57 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
anikulapo wrote:
https://www.nbcsports.com/video/arsenal-5-burnley-fc-0-highlights


That’s truly the best way to send off Arsene..... Hmmmm another fluid offensive outing without You Know Who ...Seems a pattern


Shame, you were not there. Not to worry, Ozil not playing make you happy. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Only Wenger would come out and say he 'understands the passion" of the fans who insulted and abused him last year.

The guy deserves so much better, for crying out loud.

But no worries. Me and Ozil still dey here. You wan run? You nor fit, I don lock door. :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54149
Location: USA
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
https://www.nbcsports.com/video/arsenal-5-burnley-fc-0-highlights


That’s truly the best way to send off Arsene..... Hmmmm another fluid offensive outing without You Know Who ...Seems a pattern


Shame, you were not there. Not to worry, Ozil not playing make you happy. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Only Wenger would come out and say he 'understands the passion" of the fans who insulted and abused him last year.

The guy deserves so much better, for crying out loud.

But no worries. Me and Ozil still dey here. You wan run? You nor fit, I don lock door. :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



Burnley and now Fulham, two games your hero thankfully missed and Arsenal suddenly looked like the Invincibles .... Hmmmm the difference is clear, but those wey no wan accept reality go still close eye and mind :mrgreen:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54149
Location: USA
http://www.goal.com/en/news/arsenals-wi ... mav38mlx9w

I can’t believe I will ever agree with this clown but his points are valid ....

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 32822
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
anikulapo wrote:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/arsenals-winning-streak-fails-to-convince-merson-as-he/ie44rhj0k1xs1msmav38mlx9w

I can’t believe I will ever agree with this clown but his points are valid ....

He's not saying anything most of us haven't already said here.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! "It's all laughs till he walks into an empty room with plastic on the floor." - Goodfellas

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54149
Location: USA
theYemster wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/arsenals-winning-streak-fails-to-convince-merson-as-he/ie44rhj0k1xs1msmav38mlx9w

I can’t believe I will ever agree with this clown but his points are valid ....

He's not saying anything most of us haven't already said here.



Sharrap you haven’t said squat except trolling and after the fact opinions ... Abeg go siddon

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 34022
anikulapo wrote:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/arsenals-winning-streak-fails-to-convince-merson-as-he/ie44rhj0k1xs1msmav38mlx9w

I can’t believe I will ever agree with this clown but his points are valid ....

Uncle we all know the team is not yet there but Merson saying we are due for thrashing is not been honest, let him tell us when the thrashing will happen.
This team can push for the title and we are not that far behind,secret to win the league is beat those small teams you are expected and try to take points from your rivals.Look how he bench Ramsey and no Ozil the team was on fire.truth is Emery to win the league need to play the best fit player not over paid players.
Hope we never get thrashed from anyone.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9163
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Torreira says he has tried to model his game on Marco Verratti's style though i see him as a superior ball winner - nice to see Emery deploy him as an attacking force towards the end just like Chelsea are doing with N'golo KANTÉ this season. Fresh from
playing a different formation in Baku - props to the gaffer & his staff.
Real graft by the boys - happy days.
As a sports fan, nice to see Gooner_Hamilton win in Japan(F1) & Khabib put some whooping on loudmouth Conor

P/S - As for the transfer yap - i like Porto's Hector Herrera - European experience & versatile. - 5' 11''

He was actually in the same club with Verratti.


I know.


Everything I said about Torreira here when we were linked to him is proving to be spot on. But it is early days, hopefully we get top 4. I am missing CL football real bad at the Emirates. Europe League and football is shyte, even if my Season ticket is £200 plus cheaper. I may stop going for those matches and give my ticket away.


Right now's about staying in touch with the EPL leaders - i like that in 3 matches -Watford, Europa & Fulham - we've played 3 different formations & spread the load. I'll argue that Fulham Coaches elected to go 3@theback after watching us play in the Europa but we switched to 2 upfront. That versatility & effectiveness is a prerequisite for success going forward giving the huge resources some of our rivals possess.
Expecting Sead to get conditioning & form back - we need him to give Monreal competition & support. Niles already has the work ethic - he'll be huge going forward. I want to see Mavropanos eventually get some Europa mins - Holding's looking really good. I like the management of Sokratis's mins post Baku after recent injury.
As for the top 4 chances, i am way less gloomy than i was after the 1st two matches(lol!!!) & that's mainly down to the struggles in the CL by:
Scum - 6pts down - can they catch Inter - we know Barca got the group.
Liverpool joint 2nd with PSG in a group with Napoli - (touch & go)
ManU behind Juve in the CL - but cannot drop too many more pts this side of Xmas in the EPL.

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9163
theYemster wrote:
tolahs wrote:
People, it was our best performance to date but stay humble as the gaffer keeps saying. No true sports fan should dare diss AW for one's it's crass & classless.
This brand Arsenal we've come to love with a passion was made in Wengerland - what we need now are add-ons to deal with new challenges - it'll be verging on deluded to start projecting great things over the season from the 1st seven. We're not defensively steady yet but we're in the dance. Wengerball as it affects attacking footie is in our DNA now.
COYG!!!!!!

Another straw man argument. Try to understand the difference between dissing Wenger, and dissing the deluded fans who refused to admit it was time for him to go and instead chose to label those of us who did as fake fans and whatnot.


Geezer, i obviously touched a nerve by asking for humility, Ok braggadocio here i come!!!!. Really hoping a boozy night, missed meds(off a headache) led to your rant cos it has zilch_all to do with my post. I've argued from the get-go that we need 19matches(50%) league to start really forming opinions about where we're headed - tryna hide behind several good outings to call those you disagree with "deluded" is self-serving bunkum & has the slightest to do with real outcomes @seasons_end!!!
This about Arsenal not who got what right about AW - that's real petty - let it go.

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9163
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Torreira says he has tried to model his game on Marco Verratti's style though i see him as a superior ball winner - nice to see Emery deploy him as an attacking force towards the end just like Chelsea are doing with N'golo KANTÉ this season. Fresh from
playing a different formation in Baku - props to the gaffer & his staff.
Real graft by the boys - happy days.
As a sports fan, nice to see Gooner_Hamilton win in Japan(F1) & Khabib put some whooping on loudmouth Conor

P/S - As for the transfer yap - i like Porto's Hector Herrera - European experience & versatile. - 5' 11''

He was actually in the same club with Verratti.


I know.


Everything I said about Torreira here when we were linked to him is proving to be spot on. But it is early days, hopefully we get top 4. I am missing CL football real bad at the Emirates. Europe League and football is shyte, even if my Season ticket is £200 plus cheaper. I may stop going for those matches and give my ticket away.


True!!!

Europa league is so tedious.

Playing a ton of Thursday and Sunday games tedious, Travel teams must endure i.e after landing in Ukraine teams must travel 5 hours by bus to face Vorskla, 5 hours by bus back to airport before they can on a plane back home. Having to travel to nations that discriminate against other nationalities i.e Azerbaijan ban on Armenians.

Simply put on and off the pitch the Europa league is beyond low rent.


Azerbaijanis fought a war with Armenia - Turkey providing support for the Azerbaijanis while Russia did for Armenia. As tedious as Europa is, we can educate our young core in tactical flexibility & mental toughness - that's how Spurs built the core of their team. With Spurs, Liverpool, Manu facing tough CL battles trying to qualify for the 2nd round - it's imperative we win our group early, rest guys & get one or two in come Jan. We must stay in touch of table leaders meanwhile.

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:42 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
anikulapo wrote:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/arsenals-winning-streak-fails-to-convince-merson-as-he/ie44rhj0k1xs1msmav38mlx9w

I can’t believe I will ever agree with this clown but his points are valid ....


Look, you and I have made this point here many times. But Merson is being simplistic and superficial. Let him back up his claim that a top team will give make us concede goals with proper analysis. I cannot stand simpletons like him But I guess he is there to feed his fellow ignoramus and simpletons for which we have many here.

I can go to my analytics websites and produce all sorts data that inform and educate as evidence of this improvements. For example our 'XGoals Against' and 'Goals Against' have improved in the last 3 league games and this improvement has been gradual. It is not an erratic graph, instead it has been steady and sure improvement, implying a much deeper systemic shift that is not just physical, but also cognitive.

One reason for this improvement is Torreira. Arsenal leaked goals from our right side. In fact the last two seasons show we gave conceded the most goals from there. Bellerin is all too often isolated and spaces left behind him. A quick analysis of the players heat map, especially without the ball, shows Torreira now covers the zone behind Bellerin.

More importantly it is the shape of the team without the ball. We play a very narrow and compact 4-4-2 without the ball. The team is much harder to break down when they create 3 banks of defensive walks, starting from the strikers. It is similar to Athletico Madrid and Uruguay. At times, in transition it even becomes like Ancelotti's famous and pioneering 4-2-2-2.

But the key is, the structure is rigid and disciplined. You can takes frames of the Arsenal team in almost every game, you will observe the same players in similar zones. But wgat has really improved in the structure is, if for any reason a player is out of a key zone in our half, and we are without the ball, it is immediately filled by another player and the players quickly try to reorganize themselves.

Another key is, players are now running to cover their team mates weaknesses. Bellerin is weak when you cut to his left side, but he has hardly been caught in one on one situations because he tends to have cover for that move. Xhaka's weakness of allowing runners off him in advanced positions is covered by quicker runners, etc etc.

If we continue to improve and with Emery my man being a very pragmatic guy, I see no reason why we are guaranteed to ship goals against the top teams like Merson suggests. The top teams are better than us, they have better players and we are trying to get to their level, so ceterus paribus, the chances are they beat us. But of course, Arsenal lose a game by 3 goals in a bad performance and we all know people like Merson will chat their usual rubbish.

But we are developing as a team, and we have our weapons, (a fit and flying Laca and Auba) this makes us dangerous because We do not need to play an open game against any team when we gave players who can win you a game from nothing.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:48 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
tolahs wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
tolahs wrote:
Torreira says he has tried to model his game on Marco Verratti's style though i see him as a superior ball winner - nice to see Emery deploy him as an attacking force towards the end just like Chelsea are doing with N'golo KANTÉ this season. Fresh from
playing a different formation in Baku - props to the gaffer & his staff.
Real graft by the boys - happy days.
As a sports fan, nice to see Gooner_Hamilton win in Japan(F1) & Khabib put some whooping on loudmouth Conor

P/S - As for the transfer yap - i like Porto's Hector Herrera - European experience & versatile. - 5' 11''

He was actually in the same club with Verratti.


I know.


Everything I said about Torreira here when we were linked to him is proving to be spot on. But it is early days, hopefully we get top 4. I am missing CL football real bad at the Emirates. Europe League and football is shyte, even if my Season ticket is £200 plus cheaper. I may stop going for those matches and give my ticket away.


True!!!

Europa league is so tedious.

Playing a ton of Thursday and Sunday games tedious, Travel teams must endure i.e after landing in Ukraine teams must travel 5 hours by bus to face Vorskla, 5 hours by bus back to airport before they can on a plane back home. Having to travel to nations that discriminate against other nationalities i.e Azerbaijan ban on Armenians.

Simply put on and off the pitch the Europa league is beyond low rent.


Azerbaijanis fought a war with Armenia - Turkey providing support for the Azerbaijanis while Russia did for Armenia. As tedious as Europa is, we can educate our young core in tactical flexibility & mental toughness - that's how Spurs built the core of their team. With Spurs, Liverpool, Manu facing tough CL battles trying to qualify for the 2nd round - it's imperative we win our group early, rest guys & get one or two in come Jan. We must stay in touch of table leaders meanwhile.


Against Qaraba, notice we played 3 at the back.

Spurs built their team by playing them in all competitions. Indeed, we the going got tough, they were quick to sacrifice the EL for top 4.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:54 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 48458
tolahs wrote:
theYemster wrote:
tolahs wrote:
People, it was our best performance to date but stay humble as the gaffer keeps saying. No true sports fan should dare diss AW for one's it's crass & classless.
This brand Arsenal we've come to love with a passion was made in Wengerland - what we need now are add-ons to deal with new challenges - it'll be verging on deluded to start projecting great things over the season from the 1st seven. We're not defensively steady yet but we're in the dance. Wengerball as it affects attacking footie is in our DNA now.
COYG!!!!!!

Another straw man argument. Try to understand the difference between dissing Wenger, and dissing the deluded fans who refused to admit it was time for him to go and instead chose to label those of us who did as fake fans and whatnot.


Geezer, i obviously touched a nerve by asking for humility, Ok braggadocio here i come!!!!. Really hoping a boozy night, missed meds(off a headache) led to your rant cos it has zilch_all to do with my post. I've argued from the get-go that we need 19matches(50%) league to start really forming opinions about where we're headed - tryna hide behind several good outings to call those you disagree with "deluded" is self-serving bunkum & has the slightest to do with real outcomes @seasons_end!!!
This about Arsenal not who got what right about AW - that's real petty - let it go.


Sense and sensibility. Well said. A word they say, is enough for the wise. Cheers. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Let me add if I may. I hope that my man Unai and this team go on to smash all of our and any other teams existing straight wins records, I hope and pray he wins everything unbeaten, because my agenda is, was and always will be about The Arsenal.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:29 am
Posts: 9734
Location: Indiana
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
https://www.nbcsports.com/video/arsenal-5-burnley-fc-0-highlights


That’s truly the best way to send off Arsene..... Hmmmm another fluid offensive outing without You Know Who ...Seems a pattern


Shame, you were not there. Not to worry, Ozil not playing make you happy. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Only Wenger would come out and say he 'understands the passion" of the fans who insulted and abused him last year.

The guy deserves so much better, for crying out loud.

But no worries. Me and Ozil still dey here. You wan run? You nor fit, I don lock door. :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:



Burnley and now Fulham, two games your hero thankfully missed and Arsenal suddenly looked like the Invincibles .... Hmmmm the difference is clear, but those wey no wan accept reality go still close eye and mind :mrgreen:

with on form Iwobi and Mkhi, there is enough attacking nous that we can let our best shirt seller to relax for a long time. We have to keep him for shirt sales though.

_________________
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:29 am
Posts: 9734
Location: Indiana
tolahs wrote:

Right now's about staying in touch with the EPL leaders - .


reminds me of 2004/2005. The season after the invincibles, Mourinhos first season. Arsenal still unbeaten to start the season got all the press. And we were brilliant to start that season, until the Neville boys kicked the $#% out of Reyes! But while Arsenal was killing it the press, Mourinho's chelsea kept chugging along steady picking up points on the down low. Once we faltered, they took over and won the league fairly comfortably.

My wish is for us to remain under the radar, just behind the leaders and make our move in March/April.

_________________
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.


Last edited by amafolas on Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 54149
Location: USA
Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
http://www.goal.com/en/news/arsenals-winning-streak-fails-to-convince-merson-as-he/ie44rhj0k1xs1msmav38mlx9w

I can’t believe I will ever agree with this clown but his points are valid ....


Look, you and I have made this point here many times. But Merson is being simplistic and superficial. Let him back up his claim that a top team will give make us concede goals with proper analysis. I cannot stand simpletons like him But I guess he is there to feed his fellow ignoramus and simpletons for which we have many here.

I can go to my analytics websites and produce all sorts data that inform and educate as evidence of this improvements. For example our 'XGoals Against' and 'Goals Against' have improved in the last 3 league games and this improvement has been gradual. It is not an erratic graph, instead it has been steady and sure improvement, implying a much deeper systemic shift that is not just physical, but also cognitive.

One reason for this improvement is Torreira. Arsenal leaked goals from our right side. In fact the last two seasons show we gave conceded the most goals from there. Bellerin is all too often isolated and spaces left behind him. A quick analysis of the players heat map, especially without the ball, shows Torreira now covers the zone behind Bellerin.

More importantly it is the shape of the team without the ball. We play a very narrow and compact 4-4-2 without the ball. The team is much harder to break down when they create 3 banks of defensive walks, starting from the strikers. It is similar to Athletico Madrid and Uruguay. At times, in transition it even becomes like Ancelotti's famous and pioneering 4-2-2-2.

But the key is, the structure is rigid and disciplined. You can takes frames of the Arsenal team in almost every game, you will observe the same players in similar zones. But wgat has really improved in the structure is, if for any reason a player is out of a key zone in our half, and we are without the ball, it is immediately filled by another player and the players quickly try to reorganize themselves.

Another key is, players are now running to cover their team mates weaknesses. Bellerin is weak when you cut to his left side, but he has hardly been caught in one on one situations because he tends to have cover for that move. Xhaka's weakness of allowing runners off him in advanced positions is covered by quicker runners, etc etc.

If we continue to improve and with Emery my man being a very pragmatic guy, I see no reason why we are guaranteed to ship goals against the top teams like Merson suggests. The top teams are better than us, they have better players and we are trying to get to their level, so ceterus paribus, the chances are they beat us. But of course, Arsenal lose a game by 3 goals in a bad performance and we all know people like Merson will chat their usual rubbish.

But we are developing as a team, and we have our weapons, (a fit and flying Laca and Auba) this makes us dangerous because We do not need to play an open game against any team when we gave players who can win you a game from nothing.



Waffi I honestly don’t know what your gra gra is for?

Whether you like or care for Merson is pointless. Fact of the matter is that he is right. Quality opposition exposes flaws in your team. I pointed out to you that Benitez was clueless for not targeting slow and technically deficient Chacrap. Marco Silva did and so did Watford :idea:

DaCoure and Capoue dominated him and I even felt sorry for LT who was trying to drain a sinking ship with a teaspoon as the midfield was overwhelmed . The chances created and missed by Everton and Watford would not be squandered by better opposition.

Even against Fulham, Xhacrap was a total misfit. The game was so overwhelming for him, that his most telling contributions were to stand around pointing and getting dispossessed under minimal pressure. Watch Guendo’s assurance and defense splitting passes in his short cameo. The upgrade was so telling.

Anyway as usual, premature ejecation and a rush to defend be ya problem. We are yet to see snowfall. Let the season develop first and then we go see. The flaws are clear and obvious to those wey get football eyes and brain ..,; :taunt: whether they get fixed with tactical schemes and/or personnel changes remains to be seen

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], jette1, kalani JR, Majestic-12 [Bot], Nzeamaka, Thelastoneleft, txj and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group