The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2019

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: The Arsenal FC - Related News and Development for 2018/2

Post by Waffiman »

A few things I missed in this thread, I must address later.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:We know you cannot write things like this. Which is fair enough. But there is a rule in the forum about links. You need to start respecting this rule or else we will moderate.
kajifu wrote:Emery injects steel into beloved

Beloved so-called soft centre was probed relentlessly under Wenger, with opponents believing they could profit from exerting their physical will on his teams.

Emery's Arsenal show resilience and steel in many forms, not least in stringing together an unbeaten 12-game league run despite not leading at half-time in any of those matches.

And here they picked up a physical and footballing momentum that ultimately Spurs could not cope with.

It was summed up in one sequence in the closing stages when Spurs, penned in their own corner, were subdued by a succession of shuddering challenges, much to the delight of Arsenal's fans.

Other statistics back up the growing belief there is a new toughness about Arsenal.

Arsenal last won a north London derby in the Premier League after trailing at half-time 11 years ago, while they have scored more goals in the second half (24) than any other side in the Premier League.

And it is a tribute to their determination and staying power that, if Premier League matches finished at half-time, Arsenal would be 19th in the table. How different it looks after 90 minutes.

Arsenal showed greater desire than Spurs. This, as well as the result, will be a source of huge satisfaction.

It all adds up to the surge of belief that swept around this stadium once Arsenal drew level and continued long after the final whistle.

Waffi biko you be my guy but please leave dis matter . You have had numerous run ins with Kajifu and is this not what Catalyst has tried to avoid in the past? Let another handle the matter nah Haba ... Maybe you wan take style distract from the gbosa wey I dey prepare for you and Azuka :taunt: :taunt:
Don't for a second think I will do a thing. I am not that f0olish. One thing is clear, I am not the only one who has raised this matter and since he has not taken heed, it will be referred to the other Moderators. You can be sure, I will be out of it.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nkume wrote:What I don't understand is why people can't give Unai credit without slating Wenger?
It is irrational, it is revisionism, it is a desperate attempt to justify their shallowness. Wenger was at Arsenal for 22 years, his achievements both on and off the pitch are monumental. You do not compare someone who has been at the club 3 months to 22 years. Worse, You do not paint his entire 22 years with the same brush. Emery has done a great job so far, but why compare his impact to Wenger? If you are intelligent, you know these things are nuanced and it is best to stay quiet and not make yourself a f00l, if you cannot put it into context.

My family is full of ManU supporters and all of them are highly learned people who never take things at face value, today they cast an envious glance at Arsenal. Why? They admire how Arsenal have managed the transition from Wenger to Emery. They know Arsenal have learnt lessons from ManU and have tried to avoid ManU's mistakes. They know the person who would have wanted to ensure his legacy is intact was Wenger himself.

They are aware of how Wenger stayed on whilst changes, (which I have documented here in detail over the last 3 seasons) were made to every facet of the club. It is only now that ManU are looking to move on from the Manager structure, that ended at Arsenal with Wenger.

They can see how Arsenal's structural changes have benefited the club. To his last days, he made the sacrifices financially to make changes like building of a new medical centre, 'renovating and upgrading Hale End, renovating and upgrading London Colney, the complete overhaul of medical and fitness staff etc etc. All of these cost over £70m, in that time other were spending on their squad and Wenger could not buy without selling. He managed it all till the others caught up in his last two seasons when he turned over a whole squad of players, with 17 leaving in two windows. I have documented it all here and in other places.

If you th8nk it is just me talking, those who know like this chap are writing about it as well.

I witnessed Wenger's work with the youth at first hand. I saw it all take shape. I can write a book about it if I want to. The club is full of outstanding young players from his vision of a decade ago. In the first team squad and the levels below. He also left the most potent front line for 10 years and millions in the bank. Wenger delivered on his promise.

I love Wenger with all my heart and Soul but he in a good place now. Emery is the perfect replacement. He has started off a lot better than many expected and I am loving the honeymoon period. I love the current positivity. I love the Support. I want this to last forever, but I know it won't, so I enjoy whilst it lasts.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Oh God help beloved beat this fool Jose tomorrow. 'Arsenal can afford to rest players because they're only in the Europa League'Why can't Jose just do a normal press conference without having a dig at anyone? So he now think we are doing well because we have rest players in Europa,man I hate this guy and that is me been nice,Oga Emery please don't open nyash tomorrow biko .
Chai Jose is talking about come May they will finish above Everton :rotf: :rotf: Manu standard don drop sha,
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Context is everything. It is nice to read, comprehend and understand before getting carry away and posting wrong information. Here is the Jose interview in relation to Arsenal.
Now a first meeting with Unai Emery - so, a different Arsenal?

Yes, it’s different [team].

“I have my opinion but keep [it] for myself, different yes, and a very difficult match for us because we are going to play against a good team in a good moment.

“[Also] without accumulation of matches because they are playing Europa League and when you play Europa League you normally play with second choices and give good rest to the players.

“We have to play to the max, with accumulation of matches, and then you arrive in this moment in December and many teams pay the price of that.

“That is not the motivation you want as a team as a club but to develop players fresher is a good way to do it.”
No team news from Mourinho who told MUTV he was not prepared to give anything away.
"I don’t want to update you, I would like Arsenal TV to make the same questions but they don’t they hide everything from the inside, so why should I answer to you."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jose is spot on. One thing that has changed from Wenger us the weekly update on players injuries. Emery does not do that. All you get now is a players is at most 3 weeks out. It means nothing because he could be back training.

This is a clear warning to Arsenal that tomorrow is business as usual at Old Trafford. :woot: :woot: :woot:

Finally this:
“We will have a very difficult match.

“They are a good team who have had a good run of results.

“But in spite of our selection issues, they know it won’t be easy either.”
Arsenal have certain players that have brought a different mentality to the club. These players have awaken and embolded others like them in the squad allready, but did not have the confidence to bite back. Now they are vocal too and are quick to jump on tje backs of slackers. Even Ramsey is still up for a fight.

There is no hiding place, these players will be on the backs of their colleagues who have a tendency to be nice and relaxed. We will be up for this one, if we play anywhere close to the Spuds performance, we will get something. I am confident about tomorrow.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I take it no Ozil? Guess he will have more time to play Fortnite :woot:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:I take it no Ozil? Guess he will have more time to play Fortnite :woot:
Emery said yesterday, he was not training with the 1st team squad cos of his back problem. Who knows maybe he has a role to play. Emery is not one to reveal the true status of any player's eligibility to play before any game.

Forget Ozil and let us focus on those playing.

We are without Xhaka tomorrow, Emery must tweak the set up of the team, he may even start Ramsey along with Guendouzi.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:I take it no Ozil? Guess he will have more time to play Fortnite :woot:
Emery said yesterday, he was not training with the 1st team squad cos of his back problem.

We are without Xhaka tomorrow, Emery must tweak the set up of the team, he may even start Ramsey along with Guendouzi.

Wetin do Xhaka? I can't believe I am asking this question with alarm :sneaky: ?
Anyway, it is an opportunity for Guendouzi to shine alongside Torreira.

We need to play from the get go in this one. I have a feeling Mourinho will
have a tweak for us in the second half.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Waffiman wrote:
Nkume wrote:What I don't understand is why people can't give Unai credit without slating Wenger?
It is irrational, it is revisionism, it is a desperate attempt to justify their shallowness. Wenger was at Arsenal for 22 years, his achievements both on and off the pitch are monumental. You do not compare someone who has been at the club 3 months to 22 years. Worse, You do not paint his entire 22 years with the same brush. Emery has done a great job so far, but why compare his impact to Wenger? If you are intelligent, you know these things are nuanced and it is best to stay quiet and not make yourself a f00l, if you cannot put it into context.

My family is full of ManU supporters and all of them are highly learned people who never take things at face value, today they cast an envious glance at Arsenal. Why? They admire how Arsenal have managed the transition from Wenger to Emery. They know Arsenal have learnt lessons from ManU and have tried to avoid ManU's mistakes. They know the person who would have wanted to ensure his legacy is intact was Wenger himself.

They are aware of how Wenger stayed on whilst changes, (which I have documented here in detail over the last 3 seasons) were made to every facet of the club. It is only now that ManU are looking to move on from the Manager structure, that ended at Arsenal with Wenger.

They can see how Arsenal's structural changes have benefited the club. To his last days, he made the sacrifices financially to make changes like building of a new medical centre, 'renovating and upgrading Hale End, renovating and upgrading London Colney, the complete overhaul of medical and fitness staff etc etc. All of these cost over £70m, in that time other were spending on their squad and Wenger could not buy without selling. He managed it all till the others caught up in his last two seasons when he turned over a whole squad of players, with 17 leaving in two windows. I have documented it all here and in other places.

If you th8nk it is just me talking, those who know like this chap are writing about it as well.

I witnessed Wenger's work with the youth at first hand. I saw it all take shape. I can write a book about it if I want to. The club is full of outstanding young players from his vision of a decade ago. In the first team squad and the levels below. He also left the most potent front line for 10 years and millions in the bank. Wenger delivered on his promise.

I love Wenger with all my heart and Soul but he in a good place now. Emery is the perfect replacement. He has started off a lot better than many expected and I am loving the honeymoon period. I love the current positivity. I love the Support. I want this to last forever, but I know it won't, so I enjoy whilst it lasts.
It is always very refreshing to read your views.

Emery has done a great job, and the future looks very bright. I just hate hearing anyone slate Wenger. Also, Wenger's time was up, but he deserved a glorious send off by ALL Arsenal fans.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Kylian Mbappé on Arsène Wenger: "I have not seen many people in this world being viewed in such a unanimous way. When the entirety of Europe gets on its knees in front of him to celebrate him, that certainly means something." (link: http://bit.ly/BapRy) bit.ly/BapRy
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Ebyboy wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Emery said yesterday, he was not training with the 1st team squad cos of his back problem.

Wetin do Xhaka? I can't believe I am asking this question with alarm :sneaky: ?
Anyway, it is an opportunity for Guendouzi to shine alongside Torreira.

We need to play from the get go in this one. I have a feeling Mourinho will
have a tweak for us in the second half.
Suspended, 5 yellow cards.

A huge miss, we all expect Guendouzi to replace him. With Willock drafted into the 1st team squad, I now expect Ramsey to feature. If Ramsey starts, it means the most likely candidate to drop out would be Mikh. Ramsey can play that wide right role, he has done it many times before.

Apart from his deep lying play making and good defensive role, Xhaka will be especially missed with free kicks. Just watch ManU foul us for fun tomorrow night.

Torreira can take the set piece kicks. I also hear he has been practising as backup alongside Ozil and Xhaka. Whoever it is will not be as good as Xhaka has been, but you never know.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

anikulapo wrote:With the yellow card induced absence to Chacrap how will Unai line up on Wednesday?

Should he go with his 4-2-3-1 formation and play two ball hawks in the middle with AMN pairing LT or does he simply slot Guendo in for the Swiss Lorry.

Personally I like the prospect of two ball winners in the middle of the field... LT is a good receiver and distributor of the ball from deep and AMN’S pace and closing ability over short distance would be immense. But is he ready for the cauldron of Old Trafford and going head to head and looking into the face of a Star like Pogba?

It would be my same fear for Guendouzi. So that leaves us with El Neny who can pass better than Xhacrap, has more mobility, is far more technically sound and can receive the ball under duress.

This game even more than the Toto walkover will test the coaching acumen of Unai.

Can he prevent the team from a letdown after the high of Sunday’s performance ... how will he combat a cornered animal like Mourinho in one of his more desperate moments.

Like I said Wednesday is a day of Reckoning for Unai as a Coach at Arsenal.

I can’t wait

Waffi Answer me nah?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Waffiman wrote:We know you cannot write things like this. Which is fair enough. But there is a rule in the forum about links. You need to start respecting this rule or else we will moderate.
kajifu wrote:Emery injects steel into beloved

Beloved so-called soft centre was probed relentlessly under Wenger, with opponents believing they could profit from exerting their physical will on his teams.

Emery's Arsenal show resilience and steel in many forms, not least in stringing together an unbeaten 12-game league run despite not leading at half-time in any of those matches.

And here they picked up a physical and footballing momentum that ultimately Spurs could not cope with.

It was summed up in one sequence in the closing stages when Spurs, penned in their own corner, were subdued by a succession of shuddering challenges, much to the delight of Arsenal's fans.

Other statistics back up the growing belief there is a new toughness about Arsenal.

Arsenal last won a north London derby in the Premier League after trailing at half-time 11 years ago, while they have scored more goals in the second half (24) than any other side in the Premier League.

And it is a tribute to their determination and staying power that, if Premier League matches finished at half-time, Arsenal would be 19th in the table. How different it looks after 90 minutes.

Arsenal showed greater desire than Spurs. This, as well as the result, will be a source of huge satisfaction.

It all adds up to the surge of belief that swept around this stadium once Arsenal drew level and continued long after the final whistle.

Waffi biko you be my guy but please leave dis matter . You have had numerous run ins with Kajifu and is this not what Catalyst has tried to avoid in the past? Let another handle the matter nah Haba ... Maybe you wan take style distract from the gbosa wey I dey prepare for you and Azuka :taunt: :taunt:
Don't for a second think I will do a thing. I am not that f0olish. One thing is clear, I am not the only one who has raised this matter and since he has not taken heed, it will be referred to the other Moderators. You can be sure, I will be out of it.

Waffi I ask you correct football related question about tomorrow’s game and you no gree Answer but nah dis matter you wan fight over, Haba

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Suspended, 5 yellow cards.

A huge miss, we all expect Guendouzi to replace him. With Willock drafted into the 1st team squad, I now expect Ramsey to feature. If Ramsey starts, it means the most likely candidate to drop out would be Mikh. Ramsey can play that wide right role, he has done it many times before.

Apart from his deep lying play making and good defensive role, Xhaka will be especially missed with free kicks. Just watch ManU foul us for fun tomorrow night.

Torreira can take the set piece kicks. I also hear he has been practising as backup alongside Ozil and Xhaka. Whoever it is will not be as good as Xhaka has been, but you never know.[/quote]
Like joke like joke , na so Gundo come usurp El neny im big brother o, kai this gundo no get respect o. Odinma. I think Mikhi or Iwobi will still start na Laca and Ramsey go be the subs :tic:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

All over British radio and internet the Ozil saga is dominating .... What did I say about this parasite ? Thunder fire the clowns who extended the contract of this loser.

Thunder fire them and the morons who supported the decision here.

Rather than celebrating a new dawn for the club we are left still talking about this worthless player ... Oya Ozilites defend this parasite now ...

Mugus :mrgreen: :rotf: :rotf: Chickens have finally come home to roost.

I won’t be surprised if this dude doesn’t perform a Bogarde and just sit tight :lol:

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:All over British radio and internet the Ozil saga is dominating .... What did I say about this parasite ? Thunder fire the clowns who extended the contract of this loser.

Rather than celebrating a new dawn for the club we are left still talking about this worthless player ... Oya Ozilites defend this parasite now ...

I won’t be surprised if this dude doesn’t perform a Bogarde and just sit tight :lol:
Baba you okay? I noticed you are not talking much about Xhaka and Ramsey... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

We're not slating Wenger, we're slating you, Waffib, Babs, Cally and the rest who all criticized us and questioned our Arsenal loyalty and fandom for insisting on a change, and who if left to you all would've continued to have Wenger in charge uptil now. Regeneration according to you all only Wenger could coach that team.

So yes of course we'll rub it in. Had things fallen apart after Wenger left you all would've definitely done the same thing.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote:

Haha I already said long before Wenger left that if his replacement succeeds with the team you will find a way to give Wenger credit. But if he crashed and burned you would've blamed the new guy and said "I told you so, only Wenger can do it". :)
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Robbynice wrote:
anikulapo wrote:All over British radio and internet the Ozil saga is dominating .... What did I say about this parasite ? Thunder fire the clowns who extended the contract of this loser.

Baba you okay? I noticed you are not talking much about Xhaka and Ramsey... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Er Xhaka was irrelevant and Ramshyt was Ramshyt. A brainless hare who ran around? Ok your point is what? Abou scores a great goal and Laca slipped and scored off of a deflection ... ok what was Ramshyts contribution again .... this is why I call you a slow learner :taunt: :taunt:

You focus on moments and can’t see the big picture smh

MLK.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

anikulapo wrote:
anikulapo wrote:With the yellow card induced absence to Chacrap how will Unai line up on Wednesday?

Should he go with his 4-2-3-1 formation and play two ball hawks in the middle with AMN pairing LT or does he simply slot Guendo in for the Swiss Lorry.

Personally I like the prospect of two ball winners in the middle of the field... LT is a good receiver and distributor of the ball from deep and AMN’S pace and closing ability over short distance would be immense. But is he ready for the cauldron of Old Trafford and going head to head and looking into the face of a Star like Pogba?

It would be my same fear for Guendouzi. So that leaves us with El Neny who can pass better than Xhacrap, has more mobility, is far more technically sound and can receive the ball under duress.

This game even more than the Toto walkover will test the coaching acumen of Unai.

Can he prevent the team from a letdown after the high of Sunday’s performance ... how will he combat a cornered animal like Mourinho in one of his more desperate moments.

I can’t wait

Waffi Answer me nah?
I think Emery will stay his 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 despite enforced changes. Why? It offers defensive solidity especially with Xhaka out. I disagree when you say Elneny is a better passer than Xhaka, if he were, he starts gead of Xhaka. Wenger and Emery play Xhaka ahead of Elneny for good reasons.

If Niles steps in, it will be a 4-3-3, a solid system that maximises both Niles and Guendouzi's strengths but that Midfield is too young and inexperienced. Emery finished the game on Sunday with a 4-4-2 diamond, this can accommodate, Ramsey along with the 3 mentioned above but I also do not see this happening.

I think Guendouzi partners Torreira as the double pivot in 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1.

I see us getting something from this game and quietly fancy us nicking it.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Nope. He is not doing that.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

anikulapo wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Er Xhaka was irrelevant and Ramshyt was Ramshyt. A brainless hare who ran around? Ok your point is what? Abou scores a great goal and Laca slipped and scored off of a deflection ... ok what was Ramshyts contribution again .... this is why I call you a slow learner :taunt: :taunt:

You focus on moments and can’t see the big picture smh
Haba baba fear God now... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Waffiman wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

I can’t wait

Waffi Answer me nah?
I think Emery will stay his 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 despite enforced changes. Why? It offers defensive solidity especially with Xhaka out. I disagree when you say Elneny is a better passer than Xhaka, if he were, he starts gead of Xhaka. Wenger and Emery play Xhaka ahead of Elneny for good reasons.

If Niles steps in, it will be a 4-3-3, a solid system that maximises both Niles and Guendouzi's strengths but that Midfield is too young and inexperienced. Emery finished the game on Sunday with a 4-4-2 diamond, this can accommodate, Ramsey along with the 3 mentioned above but I also do not see this happening.

I think Guendouzi partners Torreira as the double pivot in 3-4-3 or 4-2-3-1.

I see us getting something from this game and quietly fancy us nicking it.
I believe Emery started the game as 3-4-2-1 with Mikhi and Iwobi being the twin schemers behind Auba while Bells and Kola has the wings to themselves. Mikhi being off form did not allow one to really be able to judge how solid and effective that formation is. But with the changes he made by bringing in Laca and Ramsey he tweeked it lil bit to 3-4-1-2 with Ramsey being the sole schemer and Laca pairing Auba in the front. Then the injury to Musti caused him again to change the formation by bringing in Guend and playing 4-3-1-2.
So going into the match against Man U, it all depends on whether he plays 3 in the back as he started or 4 in the back as he ended. But with Nacho back and if fit he will likely go for 3 in the back with Nacho slotting into Musti position. In this case he will start the match possibly the way he started the 2nd half against Tots which is 3-4-1-2.
If he starts with 3-4-1-2 Nacho will slot into Musti's position and Guend into Xhaka position. But if he goes for 4-3-1-2 which he ended the Tots match with, the personnel will be as he ended the match. Whichever one he goes for, expect Ramsey to start. Emery's 3-4-1-2 may actually be a new innovation which not only offers a defensive solidity but also plays to our attacking strength in Auba and Laca.