Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289 ... 389  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:35 pm
Posts: 16347
Location: El-Menzah
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
BTW Emery haters likes of Iwobi, Holding, Guendouzi, have all made huge strides this season under Emery tutelage..yet 0 credit..Shameless gasbags.


Iwobi and Holding have made great strides because of the work put in before Emery. It is the foundation of those coaches that Emery is benefiting from. Do not give us this BS like Emery is this magician that has turned water into wine.

Besides, where were you when Iwobi was being slaughtered after the City game.

Once again, there is no need for this.


WHAT??????????

The same Holding who was getting torched by Notts Forest in FA cup 3rd exit, same Holding that only made 12 appearances in the PL...That Rob Holding.

The dude who enters into witness protection program after every Arsenal loss lecturing someone on CE where they were in post match thread and labeling people hypocrites...

Image

_________________
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 3:33 am
Posts: 4480
Location: Embedded with the nomads in the Sahara
Painful game to watch. The only bright spot for me - photo of me and my daughter in Arsenal gear that I tweeted to NBCSN last weekend was shown on TV during the halftime show

_________________
Niente Ÿ impossibile!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:11 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 49530
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
BTW Emery haters likes of Iwobi, Holding, Guendouzi, have all made huge strides this season under Emery tutelage..yet 0 credit..Shameless gasbags.


Iwobi and Holding have made great strides because of the work put in before Emery. It is the foundation of those coaches that Emery is benefiting from. Do not give us this BS like Emery is this magician that has turned water into wine.

Besides, where were you when Iwobi was being slaughtered after the City game.

Once again, there is no need for this.


WHAT??????????

The same Holding who was getting torched by Notts Forest in FA cup 3rd exit, same Holding that only made 12 appearances in the PL...That Rob Holding.

The dude who enters into witness protection program after every Arsenal loss lecturing someone on CE where they were in post match thread and labeling people hypocrites...

Image


I don't know what Arsenal games you watched, but in your world Holding was rubbish under Wenger. Wrong.

Holding did not make 12 appearances in the EPL. Holding has made 30 appearances for Arsenal. 9 of those were under Emery. 21 of those were under the Manager who brought him to the club and developed him as a PL player. Fact.

I saw Holding in the under 21 and 23. I saw the work that went into the player in person at that level.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:12 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 49530
jdizzy wrote:
Painful game to watch. The only bright spot for me - photo of me and my daughter in Arsenal gear that I tweeted to NBCSN last weekend was shown on TV during the halftime show


We will get better. We just need to believe in Emery.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:17 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 56676
Location: USA
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Oh another nugget for anti Emery mob....




:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And all these goals with Ozil having ONE assist :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 56676
Location: USA
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
BTW Emery haters likes of Iwobi, Holding, Guendouzi, have all made huge strides this season under Emery tutelage..yet 0 credit..Shameless gasbags.


Iwobi and Holding have made great strides because of the work put in before Emery. It is the foundation of those coaches that Emery is benefiting from. Do not give us this BS like Emery is this magician that has turned water into wine.

Besides, where were you when Iwobi was being slaughtered after the City game.

Once again, there is no need for this.



Waffi stop this and stop trying to steal Credit from Unai just like you tried and failed to do with Sven

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 56676
Location: USA
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
BTW Emery haters likes of Iwobi, Holding, Guendouzi, have all made huge strides this season under Emery tutelage..yet 0 credit..Shameless gasbags.


Iwobi and Holding have made great strides because of the work put in before Emery. It is the foundation of those coaches that Emery is benefiting from. Do not give us this BS like Emery is this magician that has turned water into wine.

Besides, where were you when Iwobi was being slaughtered after the City game.

Once again, there is no need for this.


WHAT??????????

The same Holding who was getting torched by Notts Forest in FA cup 3rd exit, same Holding that only made 12 appearances in the PL...That Rob Holding.

The dude who enters into witness protection program after every Arsenal loss lecturing someone on CE where they were in post match thread and labeling people hypocrites...

Image


I don't know what Arsenal games you watched, but in your world Holding was rubbish under Wenger. Wrong.

Holding did not make 12 appearances in the EPL. Holding has made 30 appearances for Arsenal. 9 of those were under Emery. 21 of those were under the Manager who brought him to the club and developed him as a PL player. Fact.

I saw Holding in the under 21 and 23. I saw the work that went into the player in person at that level.



Waffi, Holding looked the real deal when he came in from Bolton and then regressed badly . He seemed to have found a rebirth under Unai before falling victim to this injury curse ... Abeg stop doing this

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Posts: 5982
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Oh another nugget for anti Emery mob....



This is no nugget, it exposes your shameless and rank hypocrisy. Here you are willing to put Arsenal goals in context to other teams, (note not last season when we did not have both strikers from the beginning of the season) but not doing the same when it comes to Away wins.

Why the hypocrisy? This is not about Wenger or Emery (Besides it is silly to compare a legend to one who has done nothing) it is about Arsenal.


And we have the worst goals conceded among the top six. Infact the following team have better goals conceded than us:
1. Wolves at 7 has conceded just 32 goals
2. Watford at 8 conceded 34 goals
3. Leicester City at 12 conceded 31 goals
4. Crystal Palace at 13 has conceded 34 goals.
5. And wait for it, Newcastle at 17th position has conceded just 33 goals compared to our 37goals.

So while we are 3rd on the goals scored we are also 12th on the goals conceded chart.
Balance the facts. And YES with Ozil hardly in the MATCH DAY SQUAD talkless of the TEAM

_________________
http://www.oradatasolutionsltd.com


Last edited by azuka on Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Posts: 5982
Waffiman wrote:
azuka wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
I see Anti Emery mob out in full force...once again let me educate the mob.

Prior to this game Arsenal won only 8 of their last 30 away fixtures in the PL. AW only won 4 away fixtures during entire 17/18 PL campaign. Emery has already won 5. Issue is a poorly balanced squad, not a single top quality winger on either flank, awful FB's, injury riddled at CB. If Emery went full Roy of the rovers and dropped points you lot would have crushed him.

This is same "amazing" squad only 4 away PL fixtures total in 17/18 campaign. This "world class" squad has finished outside top 4 in the 2 seasons on the trot. Squad that has fallen on its face since injuries to likes of Holding, Bellerin & now Sokratis.

Forget aesthetics, reality is Emery in MacGyver mode, trying to survive with toothpaste, a pencil & a shoelace.


If only you will desist from name calling one can engage you in meaningful discussion. The point you missing in your quickness to name-call is that none of this your so called mob want Emery to fail. They all want him to succeed because Emery succeeding simply means that this team we all love to support succeeds. Or is that too hard for you to understand?
To say this year squad is same as last seasons is to discount the impact of players like Leno who virtually saved us today, Torreira a player with quality long missing in the midfield, or Guendo a player meant for the future already punching far above his weight this season or Sokra. So my friend its not the same team as last season. And these players have added quality to last season's team and as such we expect better.
And all we asking is for Emery to coach this season's team rather than huffing and puffing on the touchline. Emery should come up with a system that will utilize to the maximum the diverse qualities of players at his disposal and not be trying to shoe every player to his rigid system. This is not working and the result is fans blaming the players for their performance.
If anything playing Huddersfield today taught this team a lesson In what quality coaching is all about.
Honestly this Emery discussion is becoming boring.


My bro, you raise very good points for those who are objective to truly analyse and not ignore your concerns. I hear you but I say be patient and give the man a chance. He will get it right. I know it is not looking good right now, and it needs to get better. But we must believe.


All i can say is i hope you are right and I am wrong.

_________________
http://www.oradatasolutionsltd.com


Last edited by azuka on Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Posts: 5982
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
Smashing and grabbing a bottom placed team is the new Arsenal. Welcome to the new Arsenal.
And hope you guys noticed the difference in coaching between the two teams. How long has this new Huddersfield German coach being with the team? A month or two yet his impact is being felt. If I am a betting man I will bet on Huddersfield surviving the drop even though it seems a lost battle.
On another note and while planning for next season I hope our scouts will start keeping a tab on that Huddersfield jersey # 7, the Dutch Dacuna.


Oh yeah the one that sent a shot at goal so high into orbit it clipped the wings of a 737 :rotf: :rotf:


That tells why you player assessment should be taken with a pinch of salt. You conveniently forgot his last minute shot that Leno saved but conveniently remembered the shot he hoofed over the bar.


So he sent one moon shot and another straight at the keeper with time to aim?

Yup sign him up straight away :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No be ya fault, you went to school in the North :taunt: :taunt:


Keep enjoying the aesthetics of the game while the real game leave you behind :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Dacuna played a significant part in Huddersfield dominating our midfield. Expect him to make the move to a bigger club even if the club goes down. Just remember i told you so as usual Aniks the slow learner :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

_________________
http://www.oradatasolutionsltd.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 56676
Location: USA
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
Smashing and grabbing a bottom placed team is the new Arsenal. Welcome to the new Arsenal.
And hope you guys noticed the difference in coaching between the two teams. How long has this new Huddersfield German coach being with the team? A month or two yet his impact is being felt. If I am a betting man I will bet on Huddersfield surviving the drop even though it seems a lost battle.
On another note and while planning for next season I hope our scouts will start keeping a tab on that Huddersfield jersey # 7, the Dutch Dacuna.


Oh yeah the one that sent a shot at goal so high into orbit it clipped the wings of a 737 :rotf: :rotf:


That tells why you player assessment should be taken with a pinch of salt. You conveniently forgot his last minute shot that Leno saved but conveniently remembered the shot he hoofed over the bar.


So he sent one moon shot and another straight at the keeper with time to aim?

Yup sign him up straight away :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No be ya fault, you went to school in the North :taunt: :taunt:


Keep enjoying the aesthetics of the game while the real game leave you behind :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Dacuna played a significant part in Huddersfield dominating our midfield. Expect him to make the move to a bigger club even if the club goes down. Just remember i told you so as usual Aniks the slow learner :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:



:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

See this Mullah trained Ole :woot: No wonder you moved in with them :taunt: :taunt:

You mentioned the guy and I immediately showed that I was watching yet now you dey stutter and fumble .... Speaking of Slow learners howz ya boy Granit doing these days :mrgreen:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:11 am
Posts: 9835
Location: Osisi Nkwu
Waffiman wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Nkume wrote:
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
I see Anti Emery mob out in full force...once again let me educate the mob.

Prior to this game Arsenal won only 8 of their last 30 away fixtures in the PL. AW only won 4 away fixtures during entire 17/18 PL campaign. Emery has already won 5. Issue is a poorly balanced squad, not a single top quality winger on either flank, awful FB's, injury riddled at CB. If Emery went full Roy of the rovers and dropped points you lot would have crushed him.

This is same "amazing" squad won only 4 away PL fixtures total in 17/18 campaign. This "world class" squad has finished outside top 4 in the last 2 seasons on the trot. Squad that has fallen on its face since injuries to likes of Holding, Bellerin & now Sokratis.

Forget aesthetics, reality is Emery in MacGyver mode, trying to survive with toothpaste, a pencil & a shoelace.


Tell us what AWs away record was before his final year.


Only 8 away wins out 18 PL away fixtures in 16/17

Only 8 away wins ot 18 PL fixtures in 15/16


This is BS. It is also revisionist bile. When you have an agenda, you produce stats without context, it is false when you drill down into the stat. He wanted Wenger out, so I am not surprised at his name calling and attempts to rubbish a legend to defend his position. It is not necessarily.

2015/16 season.

Here is the Away league table.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/premier-league/2016/away/

It shows you Arsenal came 3rd in the table with 8 Away wins.

2016/17. Here is the Away league table.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/premier-league/2017/away/

It shows Arsenal joint 5th with Spuds. Chelsea with 13, City with 12, ManU and Liverpool 10, Arsenal with 9 away
wins.

Let's put this in context. Here are the top of the table for Away wins since 2010.

2010 ManU 11. Arsenal 9 2nd
2011 Arsenal 8 top.
2012 ManU 13. Arsenal 9 behind City in 2nd with 10 wins.
2013 ManU 12. Arsenal 10 2nd.
2014 Arsenal 11. Top.
2015 Chelsea 11. Arsenal 2nd 10.
2016 Leicester 11. Arsenal 3rd 8 wins. Spuds 2nd 9 wins.
2017 Chelsea 13. Arsenal 5th 9 wins. City 12, ManU, L'pool 10
2018 City 16. Arsenal 12th, 4 wins.


I leave you you to use the link to check up Wenger's away record and come to your conclusions. No need for twisting or nasty agendas. Just objective facts.

Contrary to the picture TG was trying to paint, contrary to TG's attempts to mislead you all into thinking Wenger's record has been terrible, you can now see from the facts his BS and revisionist bile.

Since TG is such an historian with his attempts to rubbish our greatest ever Manager, I ask him why does TG not show us Wenger's full record. Why does he not show you the season where Wenger became the first ever Manager in the modern game not to lose away from home. This was before the Invicibles.

Once again, there is no need to belittle Wenger to glorify Emery. Why belittle a legend who won 40% of all Arsenal's trophies whilst building the modern Arsenal.


KPOM!

(This is in fact what riles me about Arsenal fans, especially the fuck-tards on AFTV)

_________________
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2004 11:58 pm
Posts: 5982
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
Smashing and grabbing a bottom placed team is the new Arsenal. Welcome to the new Arsenal.
And hope you guys noticed the difference in coaching between the two teams. How long has this new Huddersfield German coach being with the team? A month or two yet his impact is being felt. If I am a betting man I will bet on Huddersfield surviving the drop even though it seems a lost battle.
On another note and while planning for next season I hope our scouts will start keeping a tab on that Huddersfield jersey # 7, the Dutch Dacuna.


Oh yeah the one that sent a shot at goal so high into orbit it clipped the wings of a 737 :rotf: :rotf:


That tells why you player assessment should be taken with a pinch of salt. You conveniently forgot his last minute shot that Leno saved but conveniently remembered the shot he hoofed over the bar.


So he sent one moon shot and another straight at the keeper with time to aim?

Yup sign him up straight away :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No be ya fault, you went to school in the North :taunt: :taunt:


Keep enjoying the aesthetics of the game while the real game leave you behind :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Dacuna played a significant part in Huddersfield dominating our midfield. Expect him to make the move to a bigger club even if the club goes down. Just remember i told you so as usual Aniks the slow learner :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

See this Mullah trained Ole :woot: No wonder you moved in with them :taunt: :taunt:

You mentioned the guy and I immediately showed that I was watching yet now you dey stutter and fumble .... Speaking of Slow learners howz ya boy Granit doing these days :mrgreen:


Yeah you watching indeed and all you saw in his full match play was his ballooning the ball to the moon.
How long has Cech being with Arsenal? That's how long it took you to realize what i first said the day we signed him. And yet you call me slow learner. Who's a better definition of slow learner than you. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
My boy Xhaka is doing great in his new position as the root/base of our midfield. Tell your coach to stop playing him as a CD/LF. This dutch guy is a good player to sign to compete with Xhaka for the base of midfield position.

Why i dey bother talk football with you sef. That una Okigwe football pitch wey be like where earthquake just happened. No wonder you get opportunity to watch better game all you are bother about na the aesthetics. I no blame you oo. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
http://www.oradatasolutionsltd.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 56676
Location: USA
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
azuka wrote:
Smashing and grabbing a bottom placed team is the new Arsenal. Welcome to the new Arsenal.
And hope you guys noticed the difference in coaching between the two teams. How long has this new Huddersfield German coach being with the team? A month or two yet his impact is being felt. If I am a betting man I will bet on Huddersfield surviving the drop even though it seems a lost battle.
On another note and while planning for next season I hope our scouts will start keeping a tab on that Huddersfield jersey # 7, the Dutch Dacuna.


Oh yeah the one that sent a shot at goal so high into orbit it clipped the wings of a 737 :rotf: :rotf:


That tells why you player assessment should be taken with a pinch of salt. You conveniently forgot his last minute shot that Leno saved but conveniently remembered the shot he hoofed over the bar.


So he sent one moon shot and another straight at the keeper with time to aim?

Yup sign him up straight away :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

No be ya fault, you went to school in the North :taunt: :taunt:


Keep enjoying the aesthetics of the game while the real game leave you behind :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Dacuna played a significant part in Huddersfield dominating our midfield. Expect him to make the move to a bigger club even if the club goes down. Just remember i told you so as usual Aniks the slow learner :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:


:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

See this Mullah trained Ole :woot: No wonder you moved in with them :taunt: :taunt:

You mentioned the guy and I immediately showed that I was watching yet now you dey stutter and fumble .... Speaking of Slow learners howz ya boy Granit doing these days :mrgreen:


Yeah you watching indeed and all you saw in his full match play was his ballooning the ball to the moon.
How long has Cech being with Arsenal? That's how long it took you to realize what i first said the day we signed him. And yet you call me slow learner. Who's a better definition of slow learner than you. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
My boy Xhaka is doing great in his new position as the root/base of our midfield. Tell your coach to stop playing him as a CD/LF. This dutch guy is a good player to sign to compete with Xhaka for the base of midfield position.

Why i dey bother talk football with you sef. That una Okigwe football pitch wey be like where earthquake just happened. No wonder you get opportunity to watch better game all you are bother about na the aesthetics. I no blame you oo. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:



Er go and look at my comments on Cech. I fail to see what your outburst is about :woot: I can’t even count how many crap players here that I stood virtually alone and pointed out their hopelessness and later proven right .... Anyway why do I bother with a Wukari trained Bushman :mrgreen:

You didn’t enjoy enough time with The Mullahs Of sambissa forest that you then decided in ya adult life to move in with them :mrgreen:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9448
There's a paranoia in the the Gooner_nation when it comes to Unai that's unnhealthy & quite honestly should be beneath those who are fans of this club. Most of the arguments put up as defence for poor performance border on insincere.
Let's remember we come from a place in very recent History where we'd become consciously or otherwise enablers of
mediocrity when it came to asking hard questions of Arsene that i believe it led him to lose real hunger to improve until it was too late.

Unai Emery: 'Arsenal were in decline and had lost defensive structure' - said Last year
many of us appreciated the honesty but some of you seem to think he should be above criticism with the most common excuse of squad imbalance. -

"Arsenal remain the only team in the PL yet to keep a clean sheet away from home this season" In a 20 team EPL? Really - are many of these teams with new coaches too with more balanced squad than us?
-----------------------
@Squawka:
Huddersfield managed six shots on target vs. Arsenal on Saturday; West Ham (7) are the only visiting side that have allowed the Terriers more in the Premier League this season.
-----------------
@Coral:
Huddersfield had not scored in 9 hours and 57 minutes of football... until they met Arsenal.
---------------------------
@Squawka:
Arsenal have have had fewer than five shots on target in 16 of their 26 Premier League games this season.
They managed just six in 180 minutes vs. Huddersfield.
-------------------------------------------

I gotta ask - Is Unai doing a Wenger & ignoring Steve Bould's input cos our defensive shape comes across as yet to be determined - we look like a bunch of guys who aren't used to playing with each other. This gaffer after 26 matches seems to lack something on how to defensively set up in this league. Those who talk about 5/6 transfer windows ignore the ambitions of players to be with teams fighting for trophies.
Emery needs to join the party - we ain't in, not with such performances. "defensive structure" - what's the plan boss?

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:35 pm
Posts: 16347
Location: El-Menzah
tolahs wrote:
There's a paranoia in the the Gooner_nation when it comes to Unai that's unnhealthy & quite honestly should be beneath those who are fans of this club. Most of the arguments put up as defence for poor performance border on insincere.
Let's remember we come from a place in very recent History where we'd become consciously or otherwise enablers of
mediocrity when it came to asking hard questions of Arsene that i believe it led him to lose real hunger to improve until it was too late.

Unai Emery: 'Arsenal were in decline and had lost defensive structure' - said Last year
many of us appreciated the honesty but some of you seem to think he should be above criticism with the most common excuse of squad imbalance. -

"Arsenal remain the only team in the PL yet to keep a clean sheet away from home this season" In a 20 team EPL? Really - are many of these teams with new coaches too with more balanced squad than us?
-----------------------
@Squawka:
Huddersfield managed six shots on target vs. Arsenal on Saturday; West Ham (7) are the only visiting side that have allowed the Terriers more in the Premier League this season.
-----------------
@Coral:
Huddersfield had not scored in 9 hours and 57 minutes of football... until they met Arsenal.
---------------------------
@Squawka:
Arsenal have have had fewer than five shots on target in 16 of their 26 Premier League games this season.
They managed just six in 180 minutes vs. Huddersfield.
-------------------------------------------

I gotta ask - Is Unai doing a Wenger & ignoring Steve Bould's input cos our defensive shape comes across as yet to be determined - we look like a bunch of guys who aren't used to playing with each other. This gaffer after 26 matches seems to lack something on how to defensively set up in this league. Those who talk about 5/6 transfer windows ignore the ambitions of players to be with teams fighting for trophies.
Emery needs to join the party - we ain't in, not with such performances. "defensive structure" - what's the plan boss?


Some choose to ignore reality of task facing Emery.

For example....




success not linear. This team with not a single top quality winger on either flank, albatrosses such Mustafi, Xhaka, Kola, injuries to vital players, malcontents on insane wages I.e Ozil, Idea Emery should implement "a system" in face squad that has litany of said deficiencies, stamp out front runner culture, dramatically improve off the ball shambles, with a Jan window budget of a diet Coke and box Cheerios and on top of that play champagne football reeks of just do A, B, C, D simplicity.

22 game unbeaten run came with fully fit Holding, Bellerin and Sokratis, Now it's Mustafi and one of Liechtensteiner or AMN. That opened up a nightmarish can of worms for Emery. Arsenal wing play is put it kindly limited. Teams easily expose Arsenal when they attack, easily nullify Arsenal defensively. Hard truth Emery does not trust this team to balance attack and defense. He has opted for pragmatism particularly following injuries to trio of Holding, Bellerin and Sokratis.

Bottom line this is mish mash squad. pieces don't fit, did not work with offensively inclined AW, will not work with Emery. Clear Emery believes limitations of this squad means its either aesthetically pleasing football or results, combination of the two not possible with current squad.

_________________
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:18 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 29399
^Pay peanuts, get monkeys and it’s planet of the Apes at Ashburton. Anyone believing the panacea to a decade of decadence, is a £40m transfer budget, is as lost as Where’s Wally. A transfer budget beneath that of Wolverhampton Wanderers is supposed to catapult this Frankenstinian mess back to the summit. How? Once again, Beloved is settling for mediocrity and one doubts Emeribe’s knowledge of the lie of the ground, will allow for such passivity to prosper. More of the same, groundhog decade, decent cup runs and dogsh*t in the league.

£40m to fix that mess. Who could possibly come in for such? Dennis Suarez, Alberto ‘can’t defend, won’t defend’ Moreno, Gary Cahill, with enough left over to go in light for Phil Jagielka. Big Sam lined up by the winter solstice.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:01 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:35 pm
Posts: 49530
Like I always insisted and I have for years here. We need perspective. No revisionism, no belittling of bygone legends. Here are the facts and summary of it all.

An injury hit team did not play well, but won away and are still in touch with the top 4. Life could be far worse.

Bring on the Europa League, and let's stop moaning and making things worse than they are.

_________________
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5563
Location: Here
Waffiman wrote:
Like I always insisted and I have for years here. We need perspective. No revisionism, no belittling of bygone legends. Here are the facts and summary of it all.

An injury hit team did not play well, but won away and are still in touch with the top 4. Life could be far worse.

Bring on the Europa League, and let's stop moaning and making things worse than they are.


:clap: :clap: Well said...

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 56676
Location: USA
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:
There's a paranoia in the the Gooner_nation when it comes to Unai that's unnhealthy & quite honestly should be beneath those who are fans of this club. Most of the arguments put up as defence for poor performance border on insincere.
Let's remember we come from a place in very recent History where we'd become consciously or otherwise enablers of
mediocrity when it came to asking hard questions of Arsene that i believe it led him to lose real hunger to improve until it was too late.

Unai Emery: 'Arsenal were in decline and had lost defensive structure' - said Last year
many of us appreciated the honesty but some of you seem to think he should be above criticism with the most common excuse of squad imbalance. -

"Arsenal remain the only team in the PL yet to keep a clean sheet away from home this season" In a 20 team EPL? Really - are many of these teams with new coaches too with more balanced squad than us?
-----------------------
@Squawka:
Huddersfield managed six shots on target vs. Arsenal on Saturday; West Ham (7) are the only visiting side that have allowed the Terriers more in the Premier League this season.
-----------------
@Coral:
Huddersfield had not scored in 9 hours and 57 minutes of football... until they met Arsenal.
---------------------------
@Squawka:
Arsenal have have had fewer than five shots on target in 16 of their 26 Premier League games this season.
They managed just six in 180 minutes vs. Huddersfield.
-------------------------------------------

I gotta ask - Is Unai doing a Wenger & ignoring Steve Bould's input cos our defensive shape comes across as yet to be determined - we look like a bunch of guys who aren't used to playing with each other. This gaffer after 26 matches seems to lack something on how to defensively set up in this league. Those who talk about 5/6 transfer windows ignore the ambitions of players to be with teams fighting for trophies.
Emery needs to join the party - we ain't in, not with such performances. "defensive structure" - what's the plan boss?


Some choose to ignore reality of task facing Emery.

For example....




success not linear. This team with not a single top quality winger on either flank, albatrosses such Mustafi, Xhaka, Kola, injuries to vital players, malcontents on insane wages I.e Ozil, Idea Emery should implement "a system" in face squad that has litany of said deficiencies, stamp out front runner culture, dramatically improve off the ball shambles, with a Jan window budget of a diet Coke and box Cheerios and on top of that play champagne football reeks of just do A, B, C, D simplicity.

22 game unbeaten run came with fully fit Holding, Bellerin and Sokratis, Now it's Mustafi and one of Liechtensteiner or AMN. That opened up a nightmarish can of worms for Emery. Arsenal wing play is put it kindly limited. Teams easily expose Arsenal when they attack, easily nullify Arsenal defensively. Hard truth Emery does not trust this team to balance attack and defense. He has opted for pragmatism particularly following injuries to trio of Holding, Bellerin and Sokratis.

Bottom line this is mish mash squad. pieces don't fit, did not work with offensively inclined AW, will not work with Emery. Clear Emery believes limitations of this squad means its either aesthetically pleasing football or results, combination of the two not possible with current squad.



:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 6:53 pm
Posts: 9448
Tunisian Gooner wrote:
tolahs wrote:
There's a paranoia in the the Gooner_nation when it comes to Unai that's unnhealthy & quite honestly should be beneath those who are fans of this club. Most of the arguments put up as defence for poor performance border on insincere.
Let's remember we come from a place in very recent History where we'd become consciously or otherwise enablers of
mediocrity when it came to asking hard questions of Arsene that i believe it led him to lose real hunger to improve until it was too late.

Unai Emery: 'Arsenal were in decline and had lost defensive structure' - said Last year
many of us appreciated the honesty but some of you seem to think he should be above criticism with the most common excuse of squad imbalance. -

"Arsenal remain the only team in the PL yet to keep a clean sheet away from home this season" In a 20 team EPL? Really - are many of these teams with new coaches too with more balanced squad than us?
-----------------------
@Squawka:
Huddersfield managed six shots on target vs. Arsenal on Saturday; West Ham (7) are the only visiting side that have allowed the Terriers more in the Premier League this season.
-----------------
@Coral:
Huddersfield had not scored in 9 hours and 57 minutes of football... until they met Arsenal.
---------------------------
@Squawka:
Arsenal have have had fewer than five shots on target in 16 of their 26 Premier League games this season.
They managed just six in 180 minutes vs. Huddersfield.
-------------------------------------------

I gotta ask - Is Unai doing a Wenger & ignoring Steve Bould's input cos our defensive shape comes across as yet to be determined - we look like a bunch of guys who aren't used to playing with each other. This gaffer after 26 matches seems to lack something on how to defensively set up in this league. Those who talk about 5/6 transfer windows ignore the ambitions of players to be with teams fighting for trophies.
Emery needs to join the party - we ain't in, not with such performances. "defensive structure" - what's the plan boss?


Some choose to ignore reality of task facing Emery.

For example....




success not linear. This team with not a single top quality winger on either flank, albatrosses such Mustafi, Xhaka, Kola, injuries to vital players, malcontents on insane wages I.e Ozil, Idea Emery should implement "a system" in face squad that has litany of said deficiencies, stamp out front runner culture, dramatically improve off the ball shambles, with a Jan window budget of a diet Coke and box Cheerios and on top of that play champagne football reeks of just do A, B, C, D simplicity.

22 game unbeaten run came with fully fit Holding, Bellerin and Sokratis, Now it's Mustafi and one of Liechtensteiner or AMN. That opened up a nightmarish can of worms for Emery. Arsenal wing play is put it kindly limited. Teams easily expose Arsenal when they attack, easily nullify Arsenal defensively. Hard truth Emery does not trust this team to balance attack and defense. He has opted for pragmatism particularly following injuries to trio of Holding, Bellerin and Sokratis.

Bottom line this is mish mash squad. pieces don't fit, did not work with offensively inclined AW, will not work with Emery. Clear Emery believes limitations of this squad means its either aesthetically pleasing football or results, combination of the two not possible with current squad.



I applaud your consistency - but you're arguing for a blank cheque - no ifs or buts.

1st away win since Nov- 25th last yr - Okay.???

only team in the PL yet to keep a clean sheet away from home this season!!! - heck, the performances will come??.

There's nothing wrong with criticising a gaffer you wish well & support - seems to have been forgotten around here -
it's gotten real tribal & unhealthy.

Reality??? - Ain't no player not out of contract can be thrown out w/o payoff - Jenkinson just turned 27 - tell me what he's done for us?
You've gotta use the squad you got - Rafa makes this team one helluva defensive unit - Unai needs defensive assistance - blaming the players is getting old.

As for AMN - fans let him know:

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/

_________________
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 29399
In Niles' defence, its a dogsh*t curriculum for youth players in England, one that leaves them as intellectually challenged as Ralf Wiggum on Mastermind. Not nearly enough exposure of home grown to competitive, meaningful matches. Truth be told, Niles isn't quite ready for Premier League football week in, week out, irrespective of position.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:47 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:37 pm
Posts: 56676
Location: USA
I hope you Anti Emery chipmunks can see what City is doing to Chelshyt ..:. At this rate, Arsenal might be in fifth place because of the drubbing

_________________
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8930 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 283, 284, 285, 286, 287, 288, 289 ... 389  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 29 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group