Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:52 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342 ... 345  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:07 pm 

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
Excuse me as Kos stirs the pot....

https://www.football.london/arsenal-fc/ ... r-15976868

Quote:
Our record against the other big six teams this season is positive," he said. "We have won 12 points compared to six last season"

"It shows how we are approaching those games differently. It is not just about attacking. We are more intelligent, we are more measured in our plans. We can change tactics halfway through a game, we can set up differently.

"The manager is using different formations and it shows his flexibility and the players' too which is good think. Of course, we still need to do better away from home in the big games but we are on the right path."

Ain't zilch stirred if we don't keep the same consistency away from home - cos that's how we get 3rd - then i'll order a menu. Nice to see after you saw this squad as a bunch of losers unworthy of being coached - now you see the sky as the limit - Welcome!!!

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:16 pm 

Our Europa draw should be looked at through the match ups our nearest rivals for 3rd & 4th(Scum, Blues & ManU) got - Chelsea looks alright but Spurs could easily drop mega pts playing ManC 3times in 11days or something. ManU got Barca - real problems.
We've Everton & Watford to play b4 the ties vs Napoli & Palace after the 2nd leg - gotta play team defence from the Toon onward - must use that squad - the Elnenys etc got contributions to make - this is where Emery earns his corn - Napoli has a 6pt gap to 3rd place Serie A team - let's do this.

If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:33 pm 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.u ... 10048/amp/

Uh oh :scared:

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:37 pm 

My people can some one explain me how if this play out
Let say EPL season top 6 end like this
Liverpool
City
Arsenal
Spurs
Manu
Chelsea
then we have Chelsea win Europa and manu win CL.
Do we have 6 teams in CL next season?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:51 pm 

anikulapo wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/03/15/sevilla-hijack-arsenals-move-monchi-confident-will-return-club-8910048/amp/

why is Arsenal always "talking" to people while others sign them?

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:20 pm 

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2019/03/15/sevilla-hijack-arsenals-move-monchi-confident-will-return-club-8910048/amp/

Chief how good as a director of football..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:35 pm 

kajifu wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Chief how good as a director of football..

People, he failed at Roma - that's why he's leaving - methinks we dodged a bullet. He knows the La Liga - IBerian & S. American market but not enough to make a dent at Roma - nah.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:07 am 

Tough luck with the Europa League draw. We're on the difficult side of the bracket and will need to defeat the 2nd best team in Italy, one of the better La Liga sides, and then likely our nemesis Chelsea in the final. Very unlikely IMO. Anyways, at least we have 2 paths to the CL. Getting KO'd from Europa won't be an awful thing as we could focus on finishing 3rd or 4th in the league.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:21 am 

Heliopolis wrote:
Tough luck with the Europa League draw. We're on the difficult side of the bracket and will need to defeat the 2nd best team in Italy, one of the better La Liga sides, and then likely our nemesis Chelsea in the final. Very unlikely IMO. Anyways, at least we have 2 paths to the CL. Getting KO'd from Europa won't be an awful thing as we could focus on finishing 3rd or 4th in the league.

The hope for a Europa K.O. is lame - let's take our present form & team solidarity forward - try to improve our EPL away form - Napoli & The Blues have to come thru us & we ain't got no inferiority complex - we in this dance for the Trophies too. Shoulders to the wheel!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:34 pm 

Wonder if Monchi is frontin to start a bidding war for services but if it is true that he is returning to Sevilla where does that leave Arsenal.

Ahem maybe it’s not too late to go mend the fences with Sven :idea: :idea:

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:30 pm 

Wenger failed at Monaco ... Emery failed at PSG. Ole Gunner failed at Cardiff ... Trying to find someone who has never failed ... means we will need to find someone who has never tried.
Monchi brought up players like Sergio Ramos, Diego Capel, Ivan Rakitic, Julio Baptista , ...etc. And the list is long...
South America, Africa, Spain have the types of players that will keep Arsenal playing their style of football and be successful without the need to break the bank.

Bepanda
tolahs wrote:
People, he failed at Roma - that's why he's leaving - methinks we dodged a bullet. He knows the La Liga - IBerian & S. American market but not enough to make a dent at Roma - nah.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:39 pm 

Exactly my thoughts. Despite recent results, Arsenal still doesn't have the depth to chase muliiple trophies at the same time, especially since the quality of the opposition requires us to be at our best.
There is a reason why Emery has focused on playing the experienced players over the youth in the last few games.
Bepanda
Heliopolis wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:39 pm 

bepanda wrote:
Wenger failed at Monaco ... Emery failed at PSG. Ole Gunner failed at Cardiff ... Trying to find someone who has never failed ... means we will need to find someone who has never tried.
Monchi brought up players like Sergio Ramos, Diego Capel, Ivan Rakitic, Julio Baptista , ...etc. And the list is long...
South America, Africa, Spain have the types of players that will keep Arsenal playing their style of football and be successful without the need to break the bank.

Bepanda
tolahs wrote:

And no one has ever failed until they stop trying!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:10 pm 

bepanda wrote:

Bepanda
tolahs wrote:

On AW time @Monaco - you've made a false equivalence - go do your homework on Bernard Tapie & match fixing with Marseille - major scandal in French Football that robbed AW's Monaco. Court records & media reports at the time show that.
Monchi was fought for by Roma - his formula failed - he's now going back to a lower budget club he couldn't wait to get away from.
It also matters cos of the EPL player permit requirements compared Spain & Italy.
South American players as we've seen with Suarez & players from Iberia as seen with CR prefer the culture in Spain & Italy - grow up supporting big clubs from there - hence Suarez left for Barca & CR left for Real Madrid.
What worked @Sevilla back in the day & @Arsenal in AW's 1st 10yrs will not work in today's market - agents & players are more demanding & ambitious.
Monchi going back to Sevilla doesn't show me a man who has confidence in his methods.
Lastly, i am not a fan of 3 guys from the same Country(Spain) running our club - like it or not, that system's more corrupt that we're used to here - the English media will have a field day if we slip up plus it becomes a job for the boys situation. I'll take Overmars - he'll be responsible to Arsenal not Emery!!!

Ole failed to save a team w/o talent from relegation if i remember correctly - while he seems to have improved an underperforming ManU with arguably the best squad in the Country.
Emery failed with a team of superstars - not all coaches are cut out to coach such teams - it becomes more about things other than ability to coach.
I wouldn't compare a Coach's job to that of a T.D - very different - but Roma letting him go after the fight to get him cannot frowned at - i think we missed a big opp letting Sven go

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:39 pm 

anikulapo wrote:
Wonder if Monchi is frontin to start a bidding war for services but if it is true that he is returning to Sevilla where does that leave Arsenal.

Campos, Overmars, Brands,

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:40 pm 
Site Admin

Wenger failed at Monaco. What next? Wenger failed at Arsenal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Man won the league and Cup. Then l9st out to a team we now know was buying Refs after his victory with those excellent players he brought into the league.

But we are being told he failed. Only on CE, will sucn ignorance be pontificated with titanic arrogance. :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:06 pm 

Sczesny unleashed :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robin Van Persie

"You have to admit, he left for Manchester United and the next year he won the title, but the year after that he got benched, moved to Turkey and his big career ended. He could have made other decisions and achieved lots more at Arsenal. He's extremely arrogant - sometimes."

Gervinho

"Who thought he might be in my top 40 I played with?! Add one more 0."

Lukas Podolski

"I remember, and I'm not lying to you now, in training, when Poldi got the ball inside the box I didn't want to save it, I covered my head. I swear, I just protected my head. Really funny guy. "

Alexandr Hleb

"He could have achieved more in football. He still made a great career, but he liked to drink."

Santi Cazorla

"We were on a training camp, in Cologne and Santi joined us for his first training session and we played some small games. After training the guys gave big applause to Arsene for signing Cazorla.

"Slow, small, one of the best I played with. Unbelievable mind and technique. I can't tell what was his best asset was, but you played with him and were like 'Ohhhh my God, he's soooo good.' Lovable, friendly, always smiling. Not wanting to insult him, but he had a tendency to gain weight."

SAMIR NASRI:

“He always thought he was some kind of gangster. Everyone has this type of person at school, who had strong and big friends and it made him think he's cool."

MLK.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:13 pm 

Robin Van Persie

"You have to admit, he left for Manchester United and the next year he won the title, but the year after that he got benched, moved to Turkey and his big career ended. He could have made other decisions and achieved lots more at Arsenal. He's extremely arrogant - sometimes."

Gervinho

Lukas Podolski

"I remember, and I'm not lying to you now, in training, when Poldi got the ball inside the box I didn't want to save it, I covered my head. I swear, I just protected my head. Really funny guy. "

Alexandr Hleb

"He could have achieved more in football. He still made a great career, but he liked to drink."

Santi Cazorla

"We were on a training camp, in Cologne and Santi joined us for his first training session and we played some small games. After training the guys gave big applause to Arsene for signing Cazorla.

"Slow, small, one of the best I played with. Unbelievable mind and technique. I can't tell what was his best asset was, but you played with him and were like 'Ohhhh my God, he's soooo good.' Lovable, friendly, always smiling. Not wanting to insult him, but he had a tendency to gain weight."

SAMIR NASRI:

“He always thought he was some kind of gangster. Everyone has this type of person at school, who had strong and big friends and it made him think he's cool."

MLK.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:18 pm 

bepanda wrote:

Bepanda
tolahs wrote:

Explain to us how Emery failed at PSG? Are you implying he didn't win any trophies.

The other day I had to challenge this same claim by Kajifu.

Please check his record again. Two Ligue 1 trophies cannot be regarded as failure. I don't care if he didn't win the CL. That was an impressive haul.

“Emery put on so many videos I ran out of popcorn,” former player Joaquín quipped, “he’s obsessed by football, it’s practically an illness.”

Post Wenger-Arsenal go sweero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:26 am 

Fair question.
When you are hired, your boss tells you what his expectations are.
If you fall short of those expectations, then you are relieved of your duties prematurely and your stay is considered a failure.
Maybe in your eyes Emery was a success at PSG, but according to those who hired him and paid his salary, the results were short of their expectations. That's why he wasn't even allowed to see out his contract.
That is the simplest definition and that is the same I used on all the examples I cites above. All the managers I mentioned above were relieved of their duties before the end of their contracts.
And were therefore considered failures. They didn't leave on their own. They were fired.

Some tried to twist things by adding wrinkles here and there (Wenger failed at Monaco because of Bernard Tapie ... blah blah blah ... . Who cares? Wenger was fired at Monaco in September of 94. 2 months into the season) to satisfy their narratives. But they don't want to use the same wrinkles on the people they don't like ...
They don't like Monchie? They call him a failure. They like Wenger, they call him a success. Both were let go prior to the end of their contract.

Bepanda
cchinukw wrote:
bepanda wrote:
Bepanda
tolahs wrote:

Explain to us how Emery failed at PSG? Are you implying he didn't win any trophies.
The other day I had to challenge this same claim by Kajifu.
Please check his record again. Two Ligue 1 trophies cannot be regarded as failure. I don't care if he didn't win the CL. That was an impressive haul.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:47 am 

anikulapo wrote:

Robin Van Persie

Gervinho

Lukas Podolski

Alexandr Hleb

Santi Cazorla

SAMIR NASRI:

:D :bump:

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:49 am 

Tunisian Gooner wrote:
anikulapo wrote:

Campos, Overmars, Brands,

I thought Arsenal paid his release clause. :?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:52 am 

Heliopolis wrote:

If Arsenal can't beat Napoli, Valencia and Chelsea then they have no business being in the Champions League.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7914 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 336, 337, 338, 339, 340, 341, 342 ... 345  Next