Is this the end of Chelsea? Roman Abramovich banned from UK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Thunder
Egg
Egg
Is this the end of Chelsea? Roman Abramovich banned from UK

Post by Thunder »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... imate.html

Scores of Russian oligarchs with bases in London face being caught up in the Government’s resolve to crack down on ‘unexplained’ foreign wealth. They include:

1) Alisher Usmanov:
A shareholder in Arsenal football club, Mr Usmanov’s wealth has been estimated at more than £9.5billion.
As the Soviet Union collapsed, he made a fortune by investing in state-owned metal and mining companies as they were sold off.
He headed Gazprom Investholding, a subsidiary of the world’s biggest extractor of natural gas Gazprom, from 2000 to 2014 and still owns a stake in iron ore and steel giant Metalloinvest. He also owns the Moscow newspaper Kommersant and a telecoms company.

2) Oleg Deripaska:
Once Russia’s richest man, Mr Deripaska came to prominence when he entertained Labour grandee Lord Mandelson on his yacht in Corfu.
He and Mr Abramovich were on lists of Russian oligarchs published by the US Treasury in connection with new sanctions. The tycoon – who is close to Mr Putin – quit as a director of Russian energy giant EN+ Group after being targeted by the sanctions. He owns a house in Belgrave Square and is a grandson by marriage to the late leader Boris Yeltsin.

3) Mikhail Fridman
The Russian business magnate, investor and philanthropist co-founded Alfa-Group, a multinational Russian conglomerate. According to US business magazine Forbes, Mr Fridman, who has Israeli citizenship, was the seventh richest Russian as of 2017, worth some £10billion. He lives in London.

3) Igor Shuvalov
Hugely wealthy Mr Shuvalov is a former Russian first deputy prime minister. Close to Putin, he has a London flat a short walk from Downing Street. 
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Is this the end of Chelsea? Roman Abramovich banned from

Post by oloye »

So they took in their money first and then decided to sit on it..And i thought it was only Africans they do that to!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

oloye wrote:So they took in their money first and then decided to sit on it..And i thought it was only Africans they do that to!
Oloye, dis wan na Political football. But ya own be Power Show o. :lol:
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...I heard they refused the man visa to enter the UK. Putin and Russia are suffering, even Trump can't help thm :laugh:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Don't many of these guys qualify for UK citizenship?

Abramovich will probably get his visa because a clean 2M pounds is easy for him to prove.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

mcal wrote:...I heard they refused the man visa to enter the UK. Putin and Russia are suffering, even Trump can't help thm :laugh:
No matter the topic..................you always end up sounding like an 1diot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

IS THIS THE END OF CHELSEA?

Probably not. Where's Aliko (Dangote)?
Bell
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Bell wrote:IS THIS THE END OF CHELSEA?

Probably not. Where's Aliko (Dangote)?
Bell
Do you know how many billionaires will rush to buy Chelsea lol.
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

They could have long qualified for the UK citizenship and perhaps for tax purposes refused taking it.. which could have involved paying taxes on their foreign assets... But now it caught up with them.. The bigger issue could be, they could be forced to sell their assests for nothing or less than its worth..
late Boris Beresovkii got UK citizenship when he was hunted by Putin..
afc##
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

chuks69 wrote:They could have long qualified for the UK citizenship and perhaps for tax purposes refused taking it.. which could have involved paying taxes on their foreign assets... But now it caught up with them.. The bigger issue could be, they could be forced to sell their assests for nothing or less than its worth..
I think the first question is if Russians are allowed dual citizenship....
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

zee wrote:
mcal wrote:...I heard they refused the man visa to enter the UK. Putin and Russia are suffering, even Trump can't help thm :laugh:
No matter the topic..................you always end up sounding like an 1diot :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
...it hurts to bring your dotard in here, huh? Sorry he made the mess so should you all sleep in it :lol: :lol:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Aaagh I was praying the locked him up instead for 10 years that way Chelsea go back to the level of fulham.lol
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

They asked him how he ammased his wealth, very stupid and political witch hunting, but same way, the man reminds me of Nigerian political crooks
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

zee wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I still wonder how it took you guys so long to ‘discover’ the great Mumucal
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

YemiBrazil wrote:
zee wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I still wonder how it took you guys so long to ‘discover’ the great Mumucal
...because they are deplorable. Trump call them poorly educated, you con too :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

It seems that the UK government is trying to force Abramovich to sell Chelsea.

https://pagesix.com/2018/05/23/why-the- ... -new-visa/

The British government has been delaying Roman Abramovich’s new visa in order to force the Russian oligarch to sell his Chelsea Football Club, sources say.

Abramovich, a pal of Vladimir Putin, hasn’t been allowed in the UK since his visa expired in April, and couldn’t attend Saturday’s FA Cup final in London, where Chelsea ended the season by defeating Manchester United.

Relations between Britain and Russia hit a low in March after London accused Moscow of poisoning former double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter on English soil.

Abramovich, whose two youngest children were born in the US, is combining four townhouses on East 75th Street into a megamansion, and might be spending more time here, although he split last year from third wife Dasha Zhukova.

His spokesman told me, “Sorry, I will not participate in such farcical speculation!”

Wha choo looking at?!
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I know Abramovich has been sponsoring sports in Russia recently and was even involved in politics there, but I thought he came to London in the first place to run away from Putin. Apparently, he is still very good pals with Putin. That may account for the mysterious death of Berezovsky who died immediately after the court case with Abramovich (although he lost the case). British intelligence may have found out that Abramovich is a Trojan horse working for Putin and that's why they're trying to get rid of him.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Orion wrote:I know Abramovich has been sponsoring sports in Russia recently and was even involved in politics there, but I thought he came to London in the first place to run away from Putin. Apparently, he is still very good pals with Putin. That may account for the mysterious death of Berezovsky who died immediately after the court case with Abramovich (although he lost the case). British intelligence may have found out that Abramovich is a Trojan horse working for Putin and that's why they're trying to get rid of him.
oboy, some of una and all these rubbish speculation, etc.. stop wasting una time with all these rubbish
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

oloye wrote:
chuks69 wrote:They could have long qualified for the UK citizenship and perhaps for tax purposes refused taking it.. which could have involved paying taxes on their foreign assets... But now it caught up with them.. The bigger issue could be, they could be forced to sell their assests for nothing or less than its worth..
I think the first question is if Russians are allowed dual citizenship....
Yes, unless you're a public official. He'll get the visa soon as both government slow their beef.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Orion wrote:I know Abramovich has been sponsoring sports in Russia recently and was even involved in politics there, but I thought he came to London in the first place to run away from Putin. Apparently, he is still very good pals with Putin. That may account for the mysterious death of Berezovsky who died immediately after the court case with Abramovich (although he lost the case). British intelligence may have found out that Abramovich is a Trojan horse working for Putin and that's why they're trying to get rid of him.
Fantastic! Naija man and tori no be today e start. :lol:
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Nowhere like home. Russia could use his money in their league.
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Not banned. They are just delaying his visa application. The uK like money. Especially with Brexit.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

REPORT: BILLIONAIRE CHELSEA FC OWNER ROMAN ABRAMOVICH BECOMING ISRAELI
By JONATHAN WEBER ROSEN

https://www.google.com/search?q=abramovich

It would appear Britain’s loss is Israel’s gain. Imagine if he pumped as much money into an Israeli club as he does into Chelsea :idea: :!:

Cheers.