Nigeria 2 (Kelechi, Usman) - ATM 3 (Correa, Torres, Vit) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria 2 (Kelechi, Usman) - ATM 3 (Correa, Torres, Vit)

Post by wale1974 »

Goldleaf wrote:Good game.
Shame we lost.
In my opinion, none of those players are good enough to trouble any of the Russia-bound squad. Great potential though.
Keeper Thomas was piss poor!
:scared: :scared: :scared:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I know an angel* from afar...that stupid Breda personifies an angel*.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Coach wrote:Nwakali as Playmaker thread in 5-4-3-2....
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote:
Odas wrote:That Athletic Madrid (#5) brother is an idiiot. He is too rough for my liking
He's Ghanaian, what did you expect? :lol:
Oooooh! Really? A Ghanaian, eh? I guess that explains it
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria 2 (Kelechi, Usman) - ATM 3 (Correa, Torres, Vito

Post by DIMKA76 »

maceo4 wrote:
highbury wrote:Ghana people hate Nigeria sha
I don't know what that guys problem is, the rest of the Athletico players are smiling and shaking hands, and he's busy boning face and barely interacting mschew...
Why are you surprised? DNQ no good oh!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Gotti wrote:
Odas wrote:That Athletic Madrid (#5) brother is an idiiot. He is too rough for my liking
He's Ghanaian, what did you expect? :lol:
This was his world cup
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That said about the stupid Breda, look at the size of him compared to our players...I mean when did we stop producing big players?

The way he shoved away one of our players like he was playing against kids was not a happy sight. We used to treat them bredas like that before.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Nwakali brothers were good.

Dare I say that the older Chidere was more involved in the play.

Kelechi has passing range though.

Why on earth was Kelechi playing so far back ? It seemed that he was always the furthest midfielder back. Even Usmain mohammed was ahead of him.

Usmain looked good as well, other than just the goal. I was always impressed with his game after the Olympics and wondered where he had gone.

Eduok has good crossing and looked decent, but not convinced of his overall game.

The Nwakali brothers and even Usmain should be invited to train with the rest of the team, AND SOMEBODY MAY HAVE TO FAKE AN INJURY.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Does anybody really believe these players are amongst our top 30

Uwa Echijele
John Ogu
Uche Agbo
Daniel Akpeyi
Mikel Agu
Moses Simon
Ahmed Musa
Simmy Nwankwo

I am not at all convinced.

I don't think Rohr has done a very good scouting job if I am to be honest. Not very good at all.
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

This game migh be a replica of our game in the World Cup, we play and match them, but the Goal Keeper Fcks us up with Dumb mistakes!

Recall Vincent
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote:Nwakali brothers were good.

Why on earth was Kelechi playing so far back ? It seemed that he was always the furthest midfielder back. Even Usmain mohammed was ahead of him.

Usmain looked good as well, other than just the goal. I was always impressed with his game after the Olympics and wondered where he had gone.

Eduok has good crossing and looked decent, but not convinced of his overall game.

The Nwakali brothers and even Usmain should be invited to train with the rest of the team, AND SOMEBODY MAY HAVE TO FAKE AN INJURY.

Don't understand why the Nwakali brothers were frozen out. At least 1 of them should have made the provisional team.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

vancity eagle wrote:Does anybody really believe these players are amongst our top 30

Uwa Echijele
John Ogu
Uche Agbo
Daniel Akpeyi
Mikel Agu
Moses Simon
Ahmed Musa
Simmy Nwankwo

I don't think Rohr has done a very good scouting job if I am to be honest. Not very good at all.
You were not convinced when Keshi won the afcon.....we can live with your lack of conviction

miky
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria 2 (Kelechi, Usman) - ATM 3 (Correa, Torres, Vito

Post by miky »

maceo4 wrote:
highbury wrote:Ghana people hate Nigeria sha
I don't know what that guys problem is, the rest of the Athletico players are smiling and shaking hands, and he's busy boning face and barely interacting mschew...
I was so happy when the crowd started booing him and only him alone!!

Na colonial mentality! let me disrespect my fellow african to get favour with my coach

Did you see the way he kicked the ball at the player down? totally uncalled for.

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Nwakali brothers were good.

Don't understand why the Nwakali brothers were frozen out. At least 1 of them should have made the provisional team.

tbh Kelechi has not done himself any favours with his club display last season.

Chidere on the other hand was called to camp, and Rohr deemed him not good enough. He however seemed to suggest the same about Onyekuru and Imoh.

Based on the evidence, it seems that Rohr may not be a good judge of talent. THis is the same guy WHO SEES NOTHING WRONG WITH AKPEYI.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:Good game.
Shame we lost.
In my opinion, none of those players are good enough to trouble any of the Russia-bound squad. Great potential though.
Keeper Thomas was piss poor!
:scared: :scared: :scared:
The guy doesn’t want this at the World Cup? He’s already celebrating after the ball left his foot cuz he does it in his sleep...

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

When I mentioned that Nwakali should invited some will call u agents or clueless.

We can see that our midfield needs an upgrade mikel agu. We can see we actually lack quality in our midfield area.

I just hope Nwakali can still be invited with Edouk
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

oloye wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:Does anybody really believe these players are amongst our top 30

Uwa Echijele
John Ogu
Uche Agbo
Daniel Akpeyi
Mikel Agu
Moses Simon
Ahmed Musa
Simmy Nwankwo

You were not convinced when Keshi won the afcon.....we can live with your lack of conviction

I was convinced that Keshi would end up a black mark on Nigerian football, WHICH HE WAS. Failing to qualify for a common ANC because of his depravity and corruption.
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

osita wrote:When I mentioned that Nwakali should invited some will call u agents or clueless.

We can see that our midfield needs an upgrade mikel agu. We can see we actually lack quality in our midfield area.

Is that still possible?

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Is it too late to invite Nwakali and Uduak??
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

miky wrote:
osita wrote:When I mentioned that Nwakali should invited some will call u agents or clueless.

Is that still possible?
As far as I know Switzerland and Serbia haven't even named their preliminary squads yet.

Spain just named theirs 2 days ago.

Unless they have released them to FIFA and not publicly.

These rules don't seem to be followed.

Rohr should be looking to get the Nwakali brothers into the provisional squad any way he can.

Can we not add another 5 players ?
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

miky wrote:

Is that still possible?
Kelechi Nwakali, Wilfred Ndidi and Oghenekaro Etebo. Nigeria's future midfield mainstay.
Sheikh
Egg
Egg

Post by Sheikh »

miky wrote:

Is that still possible?
Kelechi Nwakali, Wilfred Ndidi and Oghenekaro Etebo. Nigeria's future midfield mainstay.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

Vancity Eagle. You need to respect when a coach invited a player and makes a decision to not call the player again for further evaluation e.g. Chidiebere and Esiti. This is what coaches are paid to do. Kelechi just finished Under 17 less than 3 years ago. He should have 3 world cups ahead of him. The future is bright. Don't sweat it for sweating sake.