Nwakali Kelechi more ready for SE compared to Nwakali Chidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goldleaf
Egg
Egg
Re: Nwakali Kelechi more ready for SE compared to Nwakali Ch

Post by Goldleaf »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

We are asking Kelechi Nwakali to head for World Cup in Russia on the back of anonymous performance at club level and a good goal on top of an average performance against a B side? Thank God, we are all far away from Rohr. We should rather be asking ourselves why Wenger has not considered him good enough for Arsenal yet. I am more worried about the fact that once ATM decided to turn it on last night, our defence seemed to part like the sea for the israelites. At 2-2 on 84 minutes, the defence could not lock up for the remaining handful of minutes.
Here you go again. Since when did club performance mirror what players do in their national teams? Do you have a better alternative to Kelechi Nwakali?
Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

They are all proven. Kelechi Nwakali still has U20 and Olympics to convince us all. After his exploits at U17, maybe I just expected more. After Finland U17, JMO showed his class at Lyn Oslo which started the Man U/Chelsea scramble. I want to see a scramble for Kelechi Nwakali first and I dont' think this is asking for too much.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

We are asking Kelechi Nwakali to head for World Cup in Russia on the back of anonymous performance at club level and a good goal on top of an average performance against a B side? Thank God, we are all far away from Rohr. We should rather be asking ourselves why Wenger has not considered him good enough for Arsenal yet. I am more worried about the fact that once ATM decided to turn it on last night, our defence seemed to part like the sea for the israelites. At 2-2 on 84 minutes, the defence could not lock up for the remaining handful of minutes.
Here you go again. Since when did club performance mirror what players do in their national teams? Do you have a better alternative to Kelechi Nwakali?
Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

They are all proven. Kelechi Nwakali still has U20 and Olympics to convince us all. After his exploits at U17, maybe I just expected more. After Finland U17, JMO showed his class at Lyn Oslo which started the Man U/Chelsea scramble. I want to see a scramble for Kelechi Nwakali first and I dont' think this is asking for too much.
Clearly, you are not interested in looking at the player. What you want is for clubs to look at the player for you and then you want to react to their reaction. Imaginative coaches take unknown teenagers to the World Cup who then set the place alight.

Such players generally catch the opposition unawares because they are unknown. Take it or leave it but Kelechi Nwakali is by far our best playmaker at the moment!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
bully12 wrote:Ayo do you know why he moved back 2nd division . A lot of people were disappointed when he went down to a lower league. It seems he could not cut it with the big boys,
He was not given the opportunity to play. When a coach does not like you there is nothing you can do if not given the opportunity. Whenever he played, he put in a good account of himself.

Similarly, when a coach likes you, he will field you no matter how badly you play. Look at the games Alex Iwobi was getting under Arsenal despite putting in poor performances.

Go and see how the Man U fans are having a go at Mourinho for not fielding Bailey. They believe Smalling and Jones cost them the FA Cup and Bailey was a better option but the coach chose players he likes.

Football, like everything else is life can be highly subjective. No one can tell me that Kelechi Nwakali is not good enough to be a starter in the Dutch league week-in, week-out.
I can tell you that Kelechi is not a starter for any team......go back and watch the game yesterday.....he was a pushover, did not track back, left his back 4 exposed, was easily bypassed......

No one here doubts the boys talent, same talent that I saw in Haruna Lukmann but finished article? Not even close by a mile?
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Enyi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
bully12 wrote:Ayo do you know why he moved back 2nd division . A lot of people were disappointed when he went down to a lower league. It seems he could not cut it with the big boys,
He was not given the opportunity to play. When a coach does not like you there is nothing you can do if not given the opportunity. Whenever he played, he put in a good account of himself.

Similarly, when a coach likes you, he will field you no matter how badly you play. Look at the games Alex Iwobi was getting under Arsenal despite putting in poor performances.

Go and see how the Man U fans are having a go at Mourinho for not fielding Bailey. They believe Smalling and Jones cost them the FA Cup and Bailey was a better option but the coach chose players he likes.

Football, like everything else is life can be highly subjective. No one can tell me that Kelechi Nwakali is not good enough to be a starter in the Dutch league week-in, week-out.
I can tell you that Kelechi is not a starter for any team......go back and watch the game yesterday.....he was a pushover, did not track back, left his back 4 exposed, was easily bypassed......

No one here doubts the boys talent, same talent that I saw in Haruna Lukmann but finished article? Not even close by a mile?
You forgot Rabiu Ibrahim??? If he was selected we would have won the WC :tic:

What agency business will cause in Nigeria :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

You guys never tire! This time it is Nwakali. First it was Mikel, then it was Lukeman, Then Rabiu You all need to chill the coach is in a better position to judge!
Last edited by Al B Sure on Thu May 24, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

He was not given an opportunity to play? That is a load of hogwash. He couldn't hack it, that's the real reason.

Maybe you should ask yourself why Arsenal has chosen to farm him out a couple of times now to a lower division team in Holland (they could have sent him to a Belgian 1st division team, but felt he would be better in the Dutch 2nd division). Could it be that he is not ready? Maybe if you're able to wrap your head around that, then you'll understand why he was rightly left off the WC squad.
Ayo Akinfe wrote: He was not given the opportunity to play. When a coach does not like you there is nothing you can do if not given the opportunity. Whenever he played, he put in a good account of himself.

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Synopsis wrote:
bully12 wrote:The unvarnished truth is even superstar like Messi falls on Rphr's feet he will not recognize him. The buffoon is extremely depraved, parochial conservation. He is not worth being a kindergarten's tea, coach
Are all your posts negative and full of insults?
Dem dey call person Bully.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Here we go :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Kelechi is obviously talented but nothing yesterday, goal aside, made me scream stand out player. His time will come. It's just not now.
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

wanaj0 wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You are one of the most negative and pessimistic individual I have ever come across. Your life must be very boring.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Otitokoro wrote:He was not given an opportunity to play? That is a load of hogwash. He couldn't hack it, that's the real reason.

Maybe you should ask yourself why Arsenal has chosen to farm him out a couple of times now to a lower division team in Holland (they could have sent him to a Belgian 1st division team, but felt he would be better in the Dutch 2nd division). Could it be that he is not ready? Maybe if you're able to wrap your head around that, then you'll understand why he was rightly left off the WC squad.
Ayo Akinfe wrote: He was not given the opportunity to play. When a coach does not like you there is nothing you can do if not given the opportunity. Whenever he played, he put in a good account of himself.

Maybe because they wanted him to go somewhere where he would actually play? He is hardly the only youth player that was sent to the 2nd division, the likes of Asano, Pleguezelo, Bielik, Bola, Matt Macey, Mavididi were also sent to lower divisions. There are a lot of factors that come into play with loan deals, e.g. the manager at the loanee club, the relationship between both clubs etc, that it is not accurate to simply conclude that because he was sent to a division 2 club, he is not good enough/ready.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

But those guys actually played consistently for the teams they were sent to. Kelechi was not even a starter there, as he came off the bench more often than not. My issue is the overhyping here.
And, prior to responding to your post, I watched the match again. Truth be told, the Nwakali that was outstanding was Chidiebere, not Kelechi. I would argue that he (and not Kelechi) is close to being ready (and he was actually invited to camp recently). Kelechi is not ready.
metalalloy wrote:
Otitokoro wrote:He was not given an opportunity to play? That is a load of hogwash. He couldn't hack it, that's the real reasur poon.

Maybe because they wanted him to go somewhere where he would actually play? He is hardly the only youth player that was sent to the 2nd division, the likes of Asano, Pleguezelo, Bielik, Bola, Matt Macey, Mavididi were also sent to lower divisions. There are a lot of factors that come into play with loan deals, e.g. the manager at the loanee club, the relationship between both clubs etc, that it is not accurate to simply conclude that because he was sent to a division 2 club, he is not good enough/ready.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Ugbowo wrote:Kelechi is obviously talented but nothing yesterday, goal aside, made me scream stand out player. His time will come. It's just not now.
Word. I thought his brother had the better all around box to box game almost grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck at times in the second half. Kelechi's game is similar to to Mikel but he's a few levels lower than the Mikel at 19 who had over 40 appearances under his belt at Chelsea. Kelechi has loads of talent but he's behind in training and the WC is not the venue for it.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Otitokoro wrote:But those guys actually played consistently for the teams they were sent to. Kelechi was not even a starter there, as he came off the bench more often than not. My issue is the overhyping here.
And, prior to responding to your post, I watched the match again. Truth be told, the Nwakali that was outstanding was Chidiebere, not Kelechi. I would argue that he (and not Kelechi) is close to being ready (and he was actually invited to camp recently). Kelechi is not ready.

Ok, lets examine the highlighted, focusing on league play last season:

Nwakali: played 9 times (almost half as a winger) for VVenlo in division 1 started 3 games and was a sub in the other 6. He then went to the Juliper league where he started and played 16 times for Maastricht, (full 90 minutes 13 times, 2 times he played over 80 mins and the last one he played 73 mins). Lets compare his figures to his contemporaries on loan:

Asano played 15 times for Stuggart (full 90 mins 2x) last time he played for Stuggart was last December. He just got loaned out for the third time today.
Pleguezelo played 7 games before he got hurt.
Bielik played 4 games all of last season in League One.
Macey is a gk and saw no playing time, but his case is excusable due to his position.
Mavididi fared a bit better than all the others. he got 10 games in the championship at preston north end (played 90 mins once, but was usually a sub at the tail end of games for the other games) and 12 games with Charlton in League One where he played more than 80 min 4 times and the rest were late subs.

As you can see from the above, none of these players "played consistently for the teams they were sent to." Nwakali's numbers in division 1 are comparable to his contemporaries and his division 2 surpass his contemporaries. It is very difficult to break into a team as a young player, and its not necessarily an indictment of their ability or lack there of. He was played as a winger in multiple games at VVEnlo for crying out loud. I agree than Nwakali was/is hyped, and this noise to get him into the WC squad is just dumb. However, there is no reason to bend the facts to fit a narrative, and downplay the fact that he had a very good game yesterday. There are people claiming he got bullied all over the field yesterday which is also not entirely true. Efforts to downplay his performance yesterday is quite unfortunate. I agree with you that his brother also had a good game as well.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kelechi ... verein/384

The link above has kelechi's stats. You can verify the info above for all of those players at that same site.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

bully12 wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You are one of the most negative and pessimistic individual I have ever come across. Your life must be very boring.
Coming from you: You can see the definition of Bully12 below
zee wrote:
bully12 wrote:
Dr. Sabinus Okoro Phd wrote:
bully12 wrote:Nope Oriental brothers were not sing his praise in the song. It is ironical. In the song they said those who kill with knives will definitely be killed with knives.
:lol:
Chief why don't you let the mugus drown in ignorance. :lol:
What a hyperbole of the century, Mbaise Igbo man to sing the praises of a mass murderer of the Igbos. Well you can expect that from Enugu or Onitisha Igbos . Never ever from Mbaise man.
Now you see how stupid and idiotic that you are and also sound. .....Now get mad at Kabaka, Warrior and co.
Foolish and dense gasbag
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

green4life wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Kelechi is obviously talented but nothing yesterday, goal aside, made me scream stand out player. His time will come. It's just not now.
Word. I thought his brother had the better all around box to box game almost grabbing the game by the scruff of the neck at times in the second half. Kelechi's game is similar to to Mikel but he's a few levels lower than the Mikel at 19 who had over 40 appearances under his belt at Chelsea. Kelechi has loads of talent but he's behind in training and the WC is not the venue for it.
Kelechi was voted official MOTM...
And MOTM by all of media outlets rating the players (Complete Sports, Premium Times, OwnGoal, etc.).

He may not have been flamboyantly dribbling about like his brother Chidi..
But was most definitely the more EFFECTIVE (and frankly the most celebral on our side).

Is he ready for WC 2018? IMHO, not by a country mile!
WC is a different kettle of fish from a largely meaningless kickabout - even Edouk looked good last night!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:
bully12 wrote: You are one of the most negative and pessimistic individual I have ever come across. Your life must be very boring.
Coming from you: You can see the definition of Bully12 below
zee wrote: Now you see how stupid and idiotic that you are and also sound. .....Now get mad at Kabaka, Warrior and co.
Foolish and dense gasbag
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I swear, when I read that quote in red, I thought it was yet another person yabbing the wonderfully sad Mr Bullimia12.
Can't believe he of all people is the one actually saying it.

Na real projection be dat. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

Clearly, you are not interested in looking at the player. What you want is for clubs to look at the player for you and then you want to react to their reaction. Imaginative coaches take unknown teenagers to the World Cup who then set the place alight.

Such players generally catch the opposition unawares because they are unknown. Take it or leave it but Kelechi Nwakali is by far our best playmaker at the moment!
Care to give an example?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

Care to give an example?
[1] Edson Arabntes Do Nasimento
[2] Norman Whiteside
[3] Wayne Rooney
[4] Michael Owen
[5] Rigobert Song
[6] Salomon Olembe
[7] Sunday Oliseh
[8] Samuel Eto'o
[9] Raheem Sterling
[10] Raymond Kalla
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

Care to give an example?
[2] Norman Whiteside
[3] Wayne Rooney
[4] Michael Owen
[5] Rigobert Song
[6] Salomon Olembe
[7] Sunday Oliseh
[8] Samuel Eto'o
[9] Raheem Sterling
[10] Raymond Kalla
Ayo,

Seems to me you enjoy being CE's whipping boy. :boo:
All of these players you have listed had talents that were without doubt and were established in clubs and/or national teams before they went to the World Cup. None of this players were as anonymous as Kelechi Nwakali at their time prior to the World Cup. I just can't take this debate seriously.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

Care to give an example?
[2] Norman Whiteside
[3] Wayne Rooney
[4] Michael Owen
[5] Rigobert Song
[6] Salomon Olembe
[7] Sunday Oliseh
[8] Samuel Eto'o
[9] Raheem Sterling
[10] Raymond Kalla
Ayo,

All of these players you have listed had talents that were without doubt and were established in clubs and/or national teams before they went to the World Cup. None of this players were as anonymous as Kelechi Nwakali at their time prior to the World Cup. I just can't take this debate seriously.

Before the 1994 World Cup, had you heard of Rigobert Song before? If yes, where?
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote: Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

Care to give an example?
[2] Norman Whiteside
[3] Wayne Rooney
[4] Michael Owen
[5] Rigobert Song
[6] Salomon Olembe
[7] Sunday Oliseh
[8] Samuel Eto'o
[9] Raheem Sterling
[10] Raymond Kalla
Ayo,

Before the 1994 World Cup, had you heard of Rigobert Song before? If yes, where?
Rigobert Song started his career in Metz. Metz were a very strong team in the french top division. They won the french league in 1994. Even with that, Song was so naive and crude that he got himself sent off against Brazil in 1994. Nwakali is playing in the 2nd division in Holland. Pls find a better example.

You mentioned Wayne Rooney? I hope you saw how Rooney introduced himself to the EPL at the age of 16 smashing a volley past Seaman after dribbling Sol Campbell with ease. Or is Michael Owen who was so major at the England underage tournaments that he had to be drafted into England first team quickly where he scored one of still the most memorable goals in WC history. What has Nwakali achieved? Nothing? With his career so far, in fact you should be disappointed in him because he has failed to improve himself from what the world saw at U17 WC. If he carries on posting poor performances at club level, we may likely be looking at another Chrisantus Macaulay, rather sadly. You also mentioned Norman Whiteside? Whiteside was a legend at Man U or was it Pele who was so good at Santos that the whole country ensured that he was in that 1958 squad to Sweden.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote: Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

Care to give an example?
[2] Norman Whiteside
[3] Wayne Rooney
[4] Michael Owen
[5] Rigobert Song
[6] Salomon Olembe
[7] Sunday Oliseh
[8] Samuel Eto'o
[9] Raheem Sterling
[10] Raymond Kalla
Ayo,

Rigobert Song started his career in Metz. Metz were a very strong team in the french top division. They won the french league in 1994. Even with that, Song was so naive and crude that he got himself sent off against Brazil in 1994. Nwakali is playing in the 2nd division in Holland. Pls find a better example.

You mentioned Wayne Rooney? I hope you saw how Rooney introduced himself to the EPL at the age of 16 smashing a volley past Seaman after dribbling Sol Campbell with ease. Or is Michael Owen who was so major at the England underage tournaments that he had to be drafted into England first team quickly where he scored one of still the most memorable goals in WC history. What has Nwakali achieved? Nothing? With his career so far, in fact you should be disappointed in him because he has failed to improve himself from what the world saw at U17 WC. If he carries on posting poor performances at club level, we may likely be looking at another Chrisantus Macaulay, rather sadly. You also mentioned Norman Whiteside? Whiteside was a legend at Man U or was it Pele who was so good at Santos that the whole country ensured that he was in that 1958 squad to Sweden.

Song went to Metz after the World Cup!