Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:03 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44359
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
If Kelechi wanted to go to the world cup as a youngster he ought to have gotten significant playing time at the modest club he was loaned to.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2393
Location: U.S
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

We are asking Kelechi Nwakali to head for World Cup in Russia on the back of anonymous performance at club level and a good goal on top of an average performance against a B side? Thank God, we are all far away from Rohr. We should rather be asking ourselves why Wenger has not considered him good enough for Arsenal yet. I am more worried about the fact that once ATM decided to turn it on last night, our defence seemed to part like the sea for the israelites. At 2-2 on 84 minutes, the defence could not lock up for the remaining handful of minutes.


Here you go again. Since when did club performance mirror what players do in their national teams? Do you have a better alternative to Kelechi Nwakali?


Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

They are all proven. Kelechi Nwakali still has U20 and Olympics to convince us all. After his exploits at U17, maybe I just expected more. After Finland U17, JMO showed his class at Lyn Oslo which started the Man U/Chelsea scramble. I want to see a scramble for Kelechi Nwakali first and I dont' think this is asking for too much.



Based on your logic? What did Uche Agbo do to deserve to make the 30 man list?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13225
9jaMan wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

We are asking Kelechi Nwakali to head for World Cup in Russia on the back of anonymous performance at club level and a good goal on top of an average performance against a B side? Thank God, we are all far away from Rohr. We should rather be asking ourselves why Wenger has not considered him good enough for Arsenal yet. I am more worried about the fact that once ATM decided to turn it on last night, our defence seemed to part like the sea for the israelites. At 2-2 on 84 minutes, the defence could not lock up for the remaining handful of minutes.


Here you go again. Since when did club performance mirror what players do in their national teams? Do you have a better alternative to Kelechi Nwakali?


Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

They are all proven. Kelechi Nwakali still has U20 and Olympics to convince us all. After his exploits at U17, maybe I just expected more. After Finland U17, JMO showed his class at Lyn Oslo which started the Man U/Chelsea scramble. I want to see a scramble for Kelechi Nwakali first and I dont' think this is asking for too much.



Based on your logic? What did Uche Agbo do to deserve to make the 30 man list?



Agbo is perhaps the worst case but also

Mikel Agu, who was benched in midfield for his club by our own RB

and I wonder why people are talking about Kelechi not being good enough because he is playing in Dutch second division

WAS OUR OWN LB ECHIJELE NOT STRUGGLING IN THE BELGIUM SECOND DIVISION, YET SOME WANT HIM IN THE TEAM AHEAD OF AINA.

Is Uzoho not in a second or third division ? And he is in perhaps the most important position.

It seems people are just not consistent in their arguments and are just using emotions rather than facts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44359
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

We are asking Kelechi Nwakali to head for World Cup in Russia on the back of anonymous performance at club level and a good goal on top of an average performance against a B side? Thank God, we are all far away from Rohr. We should rather be asking ourselves why Wenger has not considered him good enough for Arsenal yet. I am more worried about the fact that once ATM decided to turn it on last night, our defence seemed to part like the sea for the israelites. At 2-2 on 84 minutes, the defence could not lock up for the remaining handful of minutes.


Here you go again. Since when did club performance mirror what players do in their national teams? Do you have a better alternative to Kelechi Nwakali?


Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

They are all proven. Kelechi Nwakali still has U20 and Olympics to convince us all. After his exploits at U17, maybe I just expected more. After Finland U17, JMO showed his class at Lyn Oslo which started the Man U/Chelsea scramble. I want to see a scramble for Kelechi Nwakali first and I dont' think this is asking for too much.



Based on your logic? What did Uche Agbo do to deserve to make the 30 man list?



Agbo is perhaps the worst case but also

Mikel Agu, who was benched in midfield for his club by our own RB

and I wonder why people are talking about Kelechi not being good enough because he is playing in Dutch second division

WAS OUR OWN LB ECHIJELE NOT STRUGGLING IN THE BELGIUM SECOND DIVISION, YET SOME WANT HIM IN THE TEAM AHEAD OF AINA.

Is Uzoho not in a second or third division ? And he is in perhaps the most important position.

It seems people are just not consistent in their arguments and are just using emotions rather than facts.


I know you don't care much about team chemistry but is Kelechi's skillset enough to want to compromise the chemistry.

He just doesn't have enough body of work to say he deserves it over people that the coach has seen up close and personal.

The failure is in not inviting him earlier especially when such invites would have helped his work visa issues.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2393
Location: U.S
Cellular wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

We are asking Kelechi Nwakali to head for World Cup in Russia on the back of anonymous performance at club level and a good goal on top of an average performance against a B side? Thank God, we are all far away from Rohr. We should rather be asking ourselves why Wenger has not considered him good enough for Arsenal yet. I am more worried about the fact that once ATM decided to turn it on last night, our defence seemed to part like the sea for the israelites. At 2-2 on 84 minutes, the defence could not lock up for the remaining handful of minutes.


Here you go again. Since when did club performance mirror what players do in their national teams? Do you have a better alternative to Kelechi Nwakali?


Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

They are all proven. Kelechi Nwakali still has U20 and Olympics to convince us all. After his exploits at U17, maybe I just expected more. After Finland U17, JMO showed his class at Lyn Oslo which started the Man U/Chelsea scramble. I want to see a scramble for Kelechi Nwakali first and I dont' think this is asking for too much.



Based on your logic? What did Uche Agbo do to deserve to make the 30 man list?



Agbo is perhaps the worst case but also

Mikel Agu, who was benched in midfield for his club by our own RB

and I wonder why people are talking about Kelechi not being good enough because he is playing in Dutch second division

WAS OUR OWN LB ECHIJELE NOT STRUGGLING IN THE BELGIUM SECOND DIVISION, YET SOME WANT HIM IN THE TEAM AHEAD OF AINA.

Is Uzoho not in a second or third division ? And he is in perhaps the most important position.

It seems people are just not consistent in their arguments and are just using emotions rather than facts.


I know you don't care much about team chemistry but is Kelechi's skillset enough to want to compromise the chemistry.

He just doesn't have enough body of work to say he deserves it over people that the coach has seen up close and personal.

The failure is in not inviting him earlier especially when such invites would have helped his work visa issues.



Not this team chemistry nonsense again, k.N is a Nigerian, it took Idowu one game to score against Argentina, team chemistry did not stop his performance nor did it prevent the other SE players from balling. What body of work are you yapping about? Did you see his goal against AMadrid? Abeg


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 28341
9jaMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
I know you don't care much about team chemistry but is Kelechi's skillset enough to want to compromise the chemistry.

He just doesn't have enough body of work to say he deserves it over people that the coach has seen up close and personal.

The failure is in not inviting him earlier especially when such invites would have helped his work visa issues.



Not this team chemistry nonsense again, k.N is a Nigerian, it took Idowu one game to score against Argentina, team chemistry did not stop his performance nor did it prevent the other SE players from balling. What body of work are you yapping about? Did you see his goal against AMadrid? Abeg



And that is his body of work?

Shaking my damn head at ignorant Nigerians :oops: :oops:

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:40 pm
Posts: 13225
Cellular wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

We are asking Kelechi Nwakali to head for World Cup in Russia on the back of anonymous performance at club level and a good goal on top of an average performance against a B side? Thank God, we are all far away from Rohr. We should rather be asking ourselves why Wenger has not considered him good enough for Arsenal yet. I am more worried about the fact that once ATM decided to turn it on last night, our defence seemed to part like the sea for the israelites. At 2-2 on 84 minutes, the defence could not lock up for the remaining handful of minutes.


Here you go again. Since when did club performance mirror what players do in their national teams? Do you have a better alternative to Kelechi Nwakali?


Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

They are all proven. Kelechi Nwakali still has U20 and Olympics to convince us all. After his exploits at U17, maybe I just expected more. After Finland U17, JMO showed his class at Lyn Oslo which started the Man U/Chelsea scramble. I want to see a scramble for Kelechi Nwakali first and I dont' think this is asking for too much.



Based on your logic? What did Uche Agbo do to deserve to make the 30 man list?



Agbo is perhaps the worst case but also

Mikel Agu, who was benched in midfield for his club by our own RB

and I wonder why people are talking about Kelechi not being good enough because he is playing in Dutch second division

WAS OUR OWN LB ECHIJELE NOT STRUGGLING IN THE BELGIUM SECOND DIVISION, YET SOME WANT HIM IN THE TEAM AHEAD OF AINA.

Is Uzoho not in a second or third division ? And he is in perhaps the most important position.

It seems people are just not consistent in their arguments and are just using emotions rather than facts.


I know you don't care much about team chemistry but is Kelechi's skillset enough to want to compromise the chemistry.

He just doesn't have enough body of work to say he deserves it over people that the coach has seen up close and personal.

The failure is in not inviting him earlier especially when such invites would have helped his work visa issues.



this argument about "chemistry" is a garbage argument.

Nobody is suggesting he replace players like Etebo, Ndidi, or players who are well established within the team.

Tell me what "chemistry" that would be tampered with were Kelechi to replace Uche Agbo, a player who has no use, no purpose, and has no substantial minutes with the team.

My problem with this Rohr and this 30 player camp, is that it is too obvious WHO SHOULD BE CUT.

If we realistically chose THE 30 BEST PLAYERS Nigeria could offer, WE SHOULD NOT KNOW WHO WOULD BE CUT. It should be something that unfolds within camp.

It seems to me that Rohr knows his 23 players, and then just invited 7 other junks to parade around as training material.

Why not have legitimate competition for the spots ? He is essentially doing the same thing that Keshi did, though not as bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 5:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:53 pm
Posts: 2393
Location: U.S
txj wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Cellular wrote:
I know you don't care much about team chemistry but is Kelechi's skillset enough to want to compromise the chemistry.

He just doesn't have enough body of work to say he deserves it over people that the coach has seen up close and personal.

The failure is in not inviting him earlier especially when such invites would have helped his work visa issues.



Not this team chemistry nonsense again, k.N is a Nigerian, it took Idowu one game to score against Argentina, team chemistry did not stop his performance nor did it prevent the other SE players from balling. What body of work are you yapping about? Did you see his goal against AMadrid? Abeg



And that is his body of work?

Shaking my damn head at ignorant Nigerians :oops: :oops:



KN is a special talent, it's ok if you can't recognize it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:35 pm
Posts: 28341
vancity eagle wrote:
Cellular wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

We are asking Kelechi Nwakali to head for World Cup in Russia on the back of anonymous performance at club level and a good goal on top of an average performance against a B side? Thank God, we are all far away from Rohr. We should rather be asking ourselves why Wenger has not considered him good enough for Arsenal yet. I am more worried about the fact that once ATM decided to turn it on last night, our defence seemed to part like the sea for the israelites. At 2-2 on 84 minutes, the defence could not lock up for the remaining handful of minutes.


Here you go again. Since when did club performance mirror what players do in their national teams? Do you have a better alternative to Kelechi Nwakali?


Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

They are all proven. Kelechi Nwakali still has U20 and Olympics to convince us all. After his exploits at U17, maybe I just expected more. After Finland U17, JMO showed his class at Lyn Oslo which started the Man U/Chelsea scramble. I want to see a scramble for Kelechi Nwakali first and I dont' think this is asking for too much.



Based on your logic? What did Uche Agbo do to deserve to make the 30 man list?



Agbo is perhaps the worst case but also

Mikel Agu, who was benched in midfield for his club by our own RB

and I wonder why people are talking about Kelechi not being good enough because he is playing in Dutch second division

WAS OUR OWN LB ECHIJELE NOT STRUGGLING IN THE BELGIUM SECOND DIVISION, YET SOME WANT HIM IN THE TEAM AHEAD OF AINA.

Is Uzoho not in a second or third division ? And he is in perhaps the most important position.

It seems people are just not consistent in their arguments and are just using emotions rather than facts.


I know you don't care much about team chemistry but is Kelechi's skillset enough to want to compromise the chemistry.

He just doesn't have enough body of work to say he deserves it over people that the coach has seen up close and personal.

The failure is in not inviting him earlier especially when such invites would have helped his work visa issues.



this argument about "chemistry" is a garbage argument.

Nobody is suggesting he replace players like Etebo, Ndidi, or players who are well established within the team.

Tell me what "chemistry" that would be tampered with were Kelechi to replace Uche Agbo, a player who has no use, no purpose, and has no substantial minutes with the team. Just cus they are both midfielders doesn't mean they play the same position. Too much is being made of Kelechi who, truth be told has made little or no progress in his career so far.

My problem with this Rohr and this 30 player camp, is that it is too obvious WHO SHOULD BE CUT. Perhaps because we have a settled team, which is a good thing.

If we realistically chose THE 30 BEST PLAYERS Nigeria could offer, WE SHOULD NOT KNOW WHO WOULD BE CUT. It should be something that unfolds within camp. That's a load of BS. Most managers already know who their main players are. Camps merely confirm what they already know from a body of work by players in their clubs.

It seems to me that Rohr knows his 23 players, and then just invited 7 other junks to parade around as training material All coaches worth their salt should already know the bulk of thier team going into camp. That's why some simply invite their scheduled 23. Its a good thing to be clear in ur knowledge of ur players..

Why not have legitimate competition for the spots ? He is essentially doing the same thing that Keshi did, though not as bad.There was a legitimate competition. You just were not paying attention. The players competed thru their various club performances.

But it appears some of u just want the mythical fight for shirts. I have some spare WWE tickets to give away for free...

_________________
Image
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54280
Location: United Kingdom
vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

We are asking Kelechi Nwakali to head for World Cup in Russia on the back of anonymous performance at club level and a good goal on top of an average performance against a B side? Thank God, we are all far away from Rohr. We should rather be asking ourselves why Wenger has not considered him good enough for Arsenal yet. I am more worried about the fact that once ATM decided to turn it on last night, our defence seemed to part like the sea for the israelites. At 2-2 on 84 minutes, the defence could not lock up for the remaining handful of minutes.


Here you go again. Since when did club performance mirror what players do in their national teams? Do you have a better alternative to Kelechi Nwakali?


Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

They are all proven. Kelechi Nwakali still has U20 and Olympics to convince us all. After his exploits at U17, maybe I just expected more. After Finland U17, JMO showed his class at Lyn Oslo which started the Man U/Chelsea scramble. I want to see a scramble for Kelechi Nwakali first and I dont' think this is asking for too much.



Based on your logic? What did Uche Agbo do to deserve to make the 30 man list?



Agbo is perhaps the worst case but also

Mikel Agu, who was benched in midfield for his club by our own RB

and I wonder why people are talking about Kelechi not being good enough because he is playing in Dutch second division

WAS OUR OWN LB ECHIJELE NOT STRUGGLING IN THE BELGIUM SECOND DIVISION, YET SOME WANT HIM IN THE TEAM AHEAD OF AINA.

Is Uzoho not in a second or third division ? And he is in perhaps the most important position.

It seems people are just not consistent in their arguments and are just using emotions rather than facts.


Sometimes, I wonder what kind of creatures there are on CE. Kelechi Nwakali is our best playmaker and Rohr drops him at his peril!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Goldleaf wrote:
The hype on Kelechi Nwakali is way overboard and reflects folks that will grasp for anything. :boo: John Mikel Obi proved himself after U20 World Cup 2005 by kickstarting a bidding war between Chelsea and Man Utd and when Chelsea won, he fought Claude Makelele for the DM role and saw Mak off.

We are asking Kelechi Nwakali to head for World Cup in Russia on the back of anonymous performance at club level and a good goal on top of an average performance against a B side? Thank God, we are all far away from Rohr. We should rather be asking ourselves why Wenger has not considered him good enough for Arsenal yet. I am more worried about the fact that once ATM decided to turn it on last night, our defence seemed to part like the sea for the israelites. At 2-2 on 84 minutes, the defence could not lock up for the remaining handful of minutes.


Here you go again. Since when did club performance mirror what players do in their national teams? Do you have a better alternative to Kelechi Nwakali?


Yes in this order;

John Mikel Obi
Oghenekaro Etebo
Alexander Iwobi

They are all proven. Kelechi Nwakali still has U20 and Olympics to convince us all. After his exploits at U17, maybe I just expected more. After Finland U17, JMO showed his class at Lyn Oslo which started the Man U/Chelsea scramble. I want to see a scramble for Kelechi Nwakali first and I dont' think this is asking for too much.



Based on your logic? What did Uche Agbo do to deserve to make the 30 man list?



Agbo is perhaps the worst case but also

Mikel Agu, who was benched in midfield for his club by our own RB

and I wonder why people are talking about Kelechi not being good enough because he is playing in Dutch second division

WAS OUR OWN LB ECHIJELE NOT STRUGGLING IN THE BELGIUM SECOND DIVISION, YET SOME WANT HIM IN THE TEAM AHEAD OF AINA.

Is Uzoho not in a second or third division ? And he is in perhaps the most important position.

It seems people are just not consistent in their arguments and are just using emotions rather than facts.


Sometimes, I wonder what kind of creatures there are on CE. Kelechi Nwakali is our best playmaker and Rohr drops him at his peril!


It's baffling how many times you're wrong.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 40590
Location: on the move
Kelechi is super talented but unfortunately has a very little body of work to justify inclusion in Rohr's program - let alone final 23. That program has included (my guess) around 35+ players at one time or another. What this game vs AM did was highlight what most SE fans already know about Kele Nwakali (a potential game changer and difference maker from central midfield).

The problem is he hasn't developed much since the u-17 WC. Arsenal signed the young man and didn't have a plan for him. Unlike Chelsea and City that had ideas on how to integrate Mikel and Iheanacho respectively into their first team, Arsenal just flipped this young man into the wilderness of Europe with seemingly no way back to his home club. If they had a plan for Kele, they'd have recalled him when he wasn't getting regular time on loan. It's done where warranted (google Masonda at Celtic this season - he was recalled only months into what was to be an 18-month loan that went south). Anyway, I've digressed a bit but my point is for the talent that Kele Nwakali is, he has no business playing in division 2 in Holland. If he was a prized asset as he should be, his development would've been more delicately managed by his club. If there ever was a situation that calls for a player to reconsider his future at a club, this damn near checks almost all the boxes for me. Kele Nwakali and his advisers should sit down and reconsider the young man's future because as it now stands, he's being held back by Arsenal.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 44508
green4life wrote:
Kelechi is super talented but unfortunately has a very little body of work to justify inclusion in Rohr's program - let alone final 23. That program has included (my guess) around 35+ players at one time or another. What this game vs AM did was highlight what most SE fans already know about Kele Nwakali (a potential game changer and difference maker from central midfield).

The problem is he hasn't developed much since the u-17 WC. Arsenal signed the young man and didn't have a plan for him. Unlike Chelsea and City that had ideas on how to integrate Mikel and Iheanacho respectively into their first team, Arsenal just flipped this young man into the wilderness of Europe with seemingly no way back to his home club. If they had a plan for Kele, they'd have recalled him when he wasn't getting regular time on loan. It's done where warranted (google Masonda at Celtic this season - he was recalled only months into what was to be an 18-month loan that went south). Anyway, I've digressed a bit but my point is for the talent that Kele Nwakali is, he has no business playing in division 2 in Holland. If he was a prized asset as he should be, his development would've been more delicately managed by his club. If there ever was a situation that calls for a player to reconsider his future at a club, this damn near checks almost all the boxes for me. Kele Nwakali and his advisers should sit down and reconsider the young man's future because as it now stands, he's being held back by Arsenal.



Preach! :clap:

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 36079
Location: Land of the Terrapins
green4life wrote:
Kelechi is super talented but unfortunately has a very little body of work to justify inclusion in Rohr's program - let alone final 23. That program has included (my guess) around 35+ players at one time or another. What this game vs AM did was highlight what most SE fans already know about Kele Nwakali (a potential game changer and difference maker from central midfield).

The problem is he hasn't developed much since the u-17 WC. Arsenal signed the young man and didn't have a plan for him. Unlike Chelsea and City that had ideas on how to integrate Mikel and Iheanacho respectively into their first team, Arsenal just flipped this young man into the wilderness of Europe with seemingly no way back to his home club. If they had a plan for Kele, they'd have recalled him when he wasn't getting regular time on loan. It's done where warranted (google Masonda at Celtic this season - he was recalled only months into what was to be an 18-month loan that went south). Anyway, I've digressed a bit but my point is for the talent that Kele Nwakali is, he has no business playing in division 2 in Holland. If he was a prized asset as he should be, his development would've been more delicately managed by his club. If there ever was a situation that calls for a player to reconsider his future at a club, this damn near checks almost all the boxes for me. Kele Nwakali and his advisers should sit down and reconsider the young man's future because as it now stands, he's being held back by Arsenal.


Wondering how much of a part obtaining a work permit plays in the whole saga.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:30 pm
Posts: 40750
green4life wrote:
Kelechi is super talented but unfortunately has a very little body of work to justify inclusion in Rohr's program - let alone final 23. That program has included (my guess) around 35+ players at one time or another. What this game vs AM did was highlight what most SE fans already know about Kele Nwakali (a potential game changer and difference maker from central midfield).

The problem is he hasn't developed much since the u-17 WC. Arsenal signed the young man and didn't have a plan for him. Unlike Chelsea and City that had ideas on how to integrate Mikel and Iheanacho respectively into their first team, Arsenal just flipped this young man into the wilderness of Europe with seemingly no way back to his home club. If they had a plan for Kele, they'd have recalled him when he wasn't getting regular time on loan. It's done where warranted (google Masonda at Celtic this season - he was recalled only months into what was to be an 18-month loan that went south). Anyway, I've digressed a bit but my point is for the talent that Kele Nwakali is, he has no business playing in division 2 in Holland. If he was a prized asset as he should be, his development would've been more delicately managed by his club. If there ever was a situation that calls for a player to reconsider his future at a club, this damn near checks almost all the boxes for me. Kele Nwakali and his advisers should sit down and reconsider the young man's future because as it now stands, he's being held back by Arsenal.



Arsenal's plan for players has been a bit.....haphazard over the years. No news there. Under Emery though, he'd be smart to stick around.

_________________
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 40590
Location: on the move
maceo4 wrote:
green4life wrote:
Kelechi is super talented but unfortunately has a very little body of work to justify inclusion in Rohr's program - let alone final 23. That program has included (my guess) around 35+ players at one time or another. What this game vs AM did was highlight what most SE fans already know about Kele Nwakali (a potential game changer and difference maker from central midfield).

The problem is he hasn't developed much since the u-17 WC. Arsenal signed the young man and didn't have a plan for him. Unlike Chelsea and City that had ideas on how to integrate Mikel and Iheanacho respectively into their first team, Arsenal just flipped this young man into the wilderness of Europe with seemingly no way back to his home club. If they had a plan for Kele, they'd have recalled him when he wasn't getting regular time on loan. It's done where warranted (google Masonda at Celtic this season - he was recalled only months into what was to be an 18-month loan that went south). Anyway, I've digressed a bit but my point is for the talent that Kele Nwakali is, he has no business playing in division 2 in Holland. If he was a prized asset as he should be, his development would've been more delicately managed by his club. If there ever was a situation that calls for a player to reconsider his future at a club, this damn near checks almost all the boxes for me. Kele Nwakali and his advisers should sit down and reconsider the young man's future because as it now stands, he's being held back by Arsenal.


Wondering how much of a part obtaining a work permit plays in the whole saga.


I feel you but my gut tells me it's a convenient cop-out. When you send a kid out on loan, especially a prized asset (World's best player at the under 17 level - no small feat), you seek assurances and monitor his progress. When it heads south, you recall a kid and mix him into the training environment of the first team pending a subsequent loan that furthers the kid's and Arsenal's objectives. How does playing in division 2 of Dutch league further anyone's objectives?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 56375
green4life wrote:
Kelechi is super talented but unfortunately has a very little body of work to justify inclusion in Rohr's program - let alone final 23. That program has included (my guess) around 35+ players at one time or another. What this game vs AM did was highlight what most SE fans already know about Kele Nwakali (a potential game changer and difference maker from central midfield).

The problem is he hasn't developed much since the u-17 WC. Arsenal signed the young man and didn't have a plan for him. Unlike Chelsea and City that had ideas on how to integrate Mikel and Iheanacho respectively into their first team, Arsenal just flipped this young man into the wilderness of Europe with seemingly no way back to his home club. If they had a plan for Kele, they'd have recalled him when he wasn't getting regular time on loan. It's done where warranted (google Masonda at Celtic this season - he was recalled only months into what was to be an 18-month loan that went south). Anyway, I've digressed a bit but my point is for the talent that Kele Nwakali is, he has no business playing in division 2 in Holland. If he was a prized asset as he should be, his development would've been more delicately managed by his club. If there ever was a situation that calls for a player to reconsider his future at a club, this damn near checks almost all the boxes for me. Kele Nwakali and his advisers should sit down and reconsider the young man's future because as it now stands, he's being held back by Arsenal.



You are right. He should look to leave Arsenal this summer if they refuse to integrate him into the team.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kimbo5c0Ak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMAchpi46lA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 3:21 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 44359
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
green4life wrote:
Kelechi is super talented but unfortunately has a very little body of work to justify inclusion in Rohr's program - let alone final 23. That program has included (my guess) around 35+ players at one time or another. What this game vs AM did was highlight what most SE fans already know about Kele Nwakali (a potential game changer and difference maker from central midfield).

The problem is he hasn't developed much since the u-17 WC. Arsenal signed the young man and didn't have a plan for him. Unlike Chelsea and City that had ideas on how to integrate Mikel and Iheanacho respectively into their first team, Arsenal just flipped this young man into the wilderness of Europe with seemingly no way back to his home club. If they had a plan for Kele, they'd have recalled him when he wasn't getting regular time on loan. It's done where warranted (google Masonda at Celtic this season - he was recalled only months into what was to be an 18-month loan that went south). Anyway, I've digressed a bit but my point is for the talent that Kele Nwakali is, he has no business playing in division 2 in Holland. If he was a prized asset as he should be, his development would've been more delicately managed by his club. If there ever was a situation that calls for a player to reconsider his future at a club, this damn near checks almost all the boxes for me. Kele Nwakali and his advisers should sit down and reconsider the young man's future because as it now stands, he's being held back by Arsenal.


.

_________________
I pledge to Nigeria my country
To be faithful, loyal and honest
To serve Nigeria with all my strength
To defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory
So help me God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 4:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:05 pm
Posts: 3977
Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
bully12 wrote:
You are one of the most negative and pessimistic individual I have ever come across. Your life must be very boring.


Coming from you: You can see the definition of Bully12 below
zee wrote:
Now you see how stupid and idiotic that you are and also sound. .....Now get mad at Kabaka, Warrior and co.
Foolish and dense gasbag
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I swear, when I read that quote in red, I thought it was yet another person yabbing the wonderfully sad Mr Bullimia12.
Can't believe he of all people is the one actually saying it.

Na real projection be dat. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Honestly I feel your pain. I must have hit you below the belt. Depraved MD.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:29 am
Posts: 50401
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
All Rohr has to do is ask one of his players to claim they are injured. That will solve the problem!

Tramadol is a biach :mad:

_________________
Image
MISSION STATEMENT:To help Middle America’s families identify and resolve
critical financial matters that they have not addressed
and of which they may not even be aware

I KNOW MY FOOTBALL!!!!!
You have eyes, use it!-Robbynice,2011
CLUBS: CHELSEA FC, 3SC IBADAN.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 7:03 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 28506
green4life wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Wondering how much of a part obtaining a work permit plays in the whole saga.

I feel you but my gut tells me it's a convenient cop-out. When you send a kid out on loan, especially a influenced asset (World's best player at the under 17 level - no small feat), you seek assurances and monitor his progress. When it heads south, you recall a kid and mix him into the training environment of the first team pending a subsequent loan that furthers the kid's and Arsenal's objectives. How does playing in division 2 of Dutch league further anyone's objectives?

Work permit issues (and the rules were significantly changed post Iheanacho’s Man City signing) was the primary reason that Nwakali was loaned out, and why (as you suggest) Arsenal just cannot call him back from his loan stint. To do what? When without a work permit he would not even have legal residency in the UK. Furthermore, he is being monitored at his loan club, and an Arsenal coach goes out from time to time to watch and meet with him as with other loanees (there was an article on it in his first season at Maastricht). It was Arsenal that moved to have him return to MVV after it seemed his stint at Venlo was not working out (and also reportedly tried to place him at Basel), so it would seem incorrect to presume that the club has/had no plans for him or his development.

BTW, while I have repeatedly opined that I do not believe that Kelechi Nwakali is ready for the Rusdua 2018 WC, I am less influenced by his supposed club form and fortunes than apparently several folks here on CE. For much of the 2016/17 season, MVV stuck Nwakali out wide right as a wide-midfield/winger, a position alien and at odds with his central midfield role with Nigeria. Furthermore, while I only saw a couple of his appearances at Venlo (including one cup game), each time I saw him he was about the best performer in a Venlo Jersey (and I tried to suppress any inherent bias on my part). Accordingly, I was not quite sure what exactly the manager at struggling Venlo was trying to achieve, but it reminded me very much of Amokachi’s debacle at Everton under Joe Royle.

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 23777
Location: london
green4life wrote:
Kelechi is super talented but unfortunately has a very little body of work to justify inclusion in Rohr's program - let alone final 23. That program has included (my guess) around 35+ players at one time or another. What this game vs AM did was highlight what most SE fans already know about Kele Nwakali (a potential game changer and difference maker from central midfield).

The problem is he hasn't developed much since the u-17 WC. Arsenal signed the young man and didn't have a plan for him. Unlike Chelsea and City that had ideas on how to integrate Mikel and Iheanacho respectively into their first team, Arsenal just flipped this young man into the wilderness of Europe with seemingly no way back to his home club. If they had a plan for Kele, they'd have recalled him when he wasn't getting regular time on loan. It's done where warranted (google Masonda at Celtic this season - he was recalled only months into what was to be an 18-month loan that went south). Anyway, I've digressed a bit but my point is for the talent that Kele Nwakali is, he has no business playing in division 2 in Holland. If he was a prized asset as he should be, his development would've been more delicately managed by his club. If there ever was a situation that calls for a player to reconsider his future at a club, this damn near checks almost all the boxes for me. Kele Nwakali and his advisers should sit down and reconsider the young man's future because as it now stands, he's being held back by Arsenal.


Word

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 9116
I finally watched the game.

I have to say that if there is any lesson one must learn is NEVER to listen to CE members. ALWAYS WATCH A GAME WITH YOU OWN EYES!


Outrageously fantastic goal from Nwakali. :clap: :clap: Had some fantastic moments too... but Rohr made the right decision. Nwakali is not presently better than the midfielders Rohr has selected. And when I mean better, I dont mean talent or ability. He has that and he is more superior to a few of the selected. But, I am speaking of maturity! When you watch Nwakali brothers and then compare them to the Ghanaian, Partey, in the same game, it was like seven up- the difference was clear! Partey was head and shoulders above the way he controlled the game, read the game and it was effortless! You didnt see him misplacing passes, like the Nwakalis or misjudging the movement of the opponents. He MARSHALLED the midfield excellently!

And or me, the MAIN difference between the Nwakalis (especially kelechi) and Partey, was not necessarily talent or ability, but MATURITY!

Good outing, but definitely not ready to play for Nigeria at the world cup.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: oloye and 21 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group