No matter how many names I get called on this forum...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
No matter how many names I get called on this forum...

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

...I will maintain that this is Nigeria’s best team:

*****************************Ighalo****************************

***************Onyekuru***************Moses****************

******************************Nwakali*************************

******************Mikel*******************Ndidi***************

***Joel**********Balogun*********Ekong**********Ebuehi***

*******************************Uzoho******************************

Subs
(1) Aiyenugba
(2) Alampasu
(3) Abdullahi
(4) Idowu
(5) Omeruo
(6) Awaziem
(7) Onazi
(8) Etebo
(9) Ajagun
(10) Iwobi
(11) Iheanacho
(12) Ideye

Were I the coach, that would be the 23 players I would be taking to Russia. We would play 4-3-3 with 3-5-2 as our back-up formation. I would then have the following players on standby:

Ajiboye
Aina
Agbo
Ogu
Nwankwo
Simon
Musa

However, I will respect Rohr’s decisions even though I do not ageee with them. In my opinion he did not test enough players before naming his squad.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: No matter how many names I get called on this forum...

Post by pajimoh »

Here we go. Milk that udder.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Iwobi is much better AM than Nwakali
Nwakali is better suited to the role you've given Mikel in your formation
Wait ... Joel Obi @ Left Back? in Nigeria's best team?Uzoho ? lol
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ayo sometimes you make good points, but sometimes you are off.

Kelechi Nwakali looks a good prospect, but he looks very lightweight to me. He is certainly not in our first 11. I could see him being bullied around if I were to be honest.

But I do think he deserves to be in the mix, training with the rest of the boys to be further assessed. He should probably play against DR Congo in a more advanced role.

I think the likes of Onyekuru, Olayinka, Kalu, Sadiq, Azuibikwe, Success, could have also added something to this competition to fill the bench spots.

For me the SE first 11 is already established, however I am not happy with bench options like John Ogu, Uche Agbo, Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon. Frankly we can do much better.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

U guys do know that Onyekuru is not fit for first team football after his injury?

His team coach said that the guy is afraid to be near a tackle......he is not mentally ready for any serious match let alone the World Cup.

Vancity u are funny......u think that Success should be in any national team, even Success does not think so unless there are prostitutes involved......

Olayinka and Kalu are average at best....not even at Musa's level. Sadiq has balance issues and on the balance of it....I would take Nwankwo over him based on maturity.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enyi wrote:U guys do know that Onyekuru is not fit for first team football after his injury?

His team coach said that the guy is afraid to be near a tackle......he is not mentally ready for any serious match let alone the World Cup.

Vancity u are funny......u think that Success should be in any national team, even Success does not think so unless there are prostitutes involved......

Olayinka and Kalu are average at best....not even at Musa's level. Sadiq has balance issues and on the balance of it....I would take Nwankwo over him based on maturity.

Did Rohr ascertain if the information he got about Onyekuru was true? Anderlecht do not want the boy to go to the World Cup as if he does and has a good tournament, they will not have him next season. Rohr has got to have his own agenda!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:...I will maintain that this is Nigeria’s best team:

*****************************Ighalo****************************

***************Onyekuru***************Moses****************

******************************Nwakali*************************

******************Mikel*******************Ndidi***************

***Joel**********Balogun*********Ekong**********Ebuehi***

*******************************Uzoho******************************

Subs
(1) Aiyenugba
(2) Alampasu
(3) Abdullahi
(4) Idowu
(5) Omeruo
(6) Awaziem
(7) Onazi
(8) Etebo
(9) Ajagun
(10) Iwobi
(11) Iheanacho
(12) Ideye

Were I the coach, that would be the 23 players I would be taking to Russia. We would play 4-3-3 with 3-5-2 as our back-up formation. I would then have the following players on standby:

Ajiboye
Aina
Agbo
Ogu
Nwankwo
Simon
Musa

However, I will respect Rohr’s decisions even though I do not ageee with them. In my opinion he did not test enough players before naming his squad.
Can you confirm whether Osaze is a striker or midfielder?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Enyi wrote:U guys do know that Onyekuru is not fit for first team football after his injury?

Did Rohr ascertain if the information he got about Onyekuru was true? Anderlecht do not want the boy to go to the World Cup as if he does and has a good tournament, they will not have him next season. Rohr has got to have his own agenda!
Ayo do you read your posts after u posted them?

Onyekuru does not belong to Anderlecht.....the coach would rather play him whether he gets injured that's his business and that of Everton's as long as it helps Anderlecht......

Instead of Onyekuru thanking the coach, like a typical uneducated boy......he thinks everyone is out to get him.

The way Onyekuru is going, his talent will be wasted.....at present he is nothing and if he does not knuckle down and work and listen to advise he will end up in Bulgaria.

Rohr has an agenda..... cos if he plays Onyekuru, Ayo will take his job so he decided not to call him up really :curse: :curse:
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Enyi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Onyekuru does not belong to Anderlecht.....the coach would rather play him whether he gets injured that's his business and that of Everton's as long as it helps Anderlecht......

Instead of Onyekuru thanking the coach, like a typical uneducated boy......he thinks everyone is out to get him.

The way Onyekuru is going, his talent will be wasted.....at present he is nothing and if he does not knuckle down and work and listen to advise he will end up in Bulgaria.

Rohr has an agenda..... cos if he plays Onyekuru, Ayo will take his job so he decided not to call him up really :curse: :curse:
Anderlecht and Everton have a lucrative deal on the boy. Neither club really cares about his future. If they did, they would want him to go to the World Cup!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

FOUR at the back?

Mods!!! Someone don hack the forum
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

But we all know your agenda! You need a 'handshake'?

The agenda you had during Berti 'stash' era that led to 'world war' on CE???? Don't pretend to be a FAN :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Enyi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Anderlecht and Everton have a lucrative deal on the boy. Neither club really cares about his future. If they did, they would want him to go to the World Cup!

Ayo......Everton paid a lot of money for a one season wonder because they did not want him to go to the World Cup.......they pay him every week for the same reason......

Ayo, if u ever come to the emirates.....I have a box seat for you.....u are a clown, I think your comments are in jest....nice one, now pull the other leg

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:FOUR at the back?

Mods!!! Someone don hack the forum

:lol: :lol: came to type at least its not 352
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

vancity eagle wrote:Ayo sometimes you make good points, but sometimes you are off.

Kelechi Nwakali looks a good prospect, but he looks very lightweight to me. He is certainly not in our first 11. I could see him being bullied around if I were to be honest.

But I do think he deserves to be in the mix, training with the rest of the boys to be further assessed. He should probably play against DR Congo in a more advanced role.

I think the likes of Onyekuru, Olayinka, Kalu, Sadiq, Azuibikwe, Success, could have also added something to this competition to fill the bench spots.

For me the SE first 11 is already established, however I am not happy with bench options like John Ogu, Uche Agbo, Ahmed Musa, Moses Simon. Frankly we can do much better.

How many times was he dispossessed yesterday. He shielded the ball very well and a few times people tried to go through him, they ended up fouling him.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enyi wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Not necessarily agreeing with Ayo, but its not as black and white as you make it. Onyekuru needed to regain match fitness to have a shot at playing at the WC. He doesn't have a work permit to play for Everton yet as he needs a certain amount of international caps to assist with getting that approval. Going to the WC would have helped towards that. If he cant play for Everton next season, he defaults back to Anderlecht till his loan term is up.

FYI, your earlier statement about what the Anderlecht coach said is incorrect. You said:
That is different from what the coach said. The coach accused Onyekuru of being afraid to make tackles.
‘’He played half an hour then an hour with the reserves, we saw he’s not ready yet, he’s afraid to make tackles, everyone at the club has seen him,’’ added Vanhaezebrouck.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/don ... cht-coach/
There have been numerous complaints by Vanhaezebrouck and others in his camp about Onyekuru's defensive shortcomings. There was an article that he did not understand the Anderlecht system. You can read the translation if you open it with google chrome
http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/div ... e2f719ce7b

And finally, since last year has Vanhaezebrouck has accused Onyekuru about thinking about the world cup:
“Onyekuru’s head is at the World Cup with Nigeria but he needs to play well for Anderlecht to achieve that big dream.”
https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/a ... %80%8E-us/

So, I would not dismiss off hand the suggestion that his coach did not want him to go to the WC.

Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

I am involved in club business day in day out. We saw Onyekuru at Arsenal, and I can tell you that the guys ego is bigger than that of Messi, Ronaldo, Salah joined together x10. Rohr called him to camp, had a look at him and dropped him before he got injured. I was exaggerating with the tackle business but I meant it as a figure of speech.

Anderlecht had a deal with Everton for him to be on loan for two years. Whether WC or not. If he was setting Belgium league on fire, he can come on special talent. These days caps alone don’t get u a permit

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enyi wrote:I am involved in club business day in day out. We saw Onyekuru at Arsenal, and I can tell you that the guys ego is bigger than that of Messi, Ronaldo, Salah joined together x10. Rohr called him to camp, had a look at him and dropped him before he got injured. I was exaggerating with the tackle business but I meant it as a figure of speech.

Anderlecht had a deal with Everton for him to be on loan for two years. Whether WC or not. If he was setting Belgium league on fire, he can come on special talent. These days caps alone don’t get u a permit

Bros, he may have an ego problem, however, the highlighted is not accurate. In order to come on the "special talent" exception, he has to be an "internationally established at the highest level" AND whose employment would make a significant contribution to the development of football at the highest level in England. He obviously cant be "Internationally established at the highest level" if he only has 2 caps for Nigeria.