...and the pressure mounts on Rohr to invite Nwakali to camp

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ...and the pressure mounts on Rohr to invite Nwakali to

Post by metalalloy »

Orion wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:The SE B team played with flair, scored two great goals, matched Atletico pound for pound and lost 3-2.

Our current system of play has moved away from the above...
Exactly Bros!
The A team played without flair, scored no goals, did not match Serbia pound for pound and lost 0-2.

IMHO, the 2018 WC is way too soon for Nwakali...
But would rather see Nigeria play with flair and panache than without (win or lose in either case)

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You're appluading someone that just contradicted himself there.

This man is one of those who shouted themselves hoarse on this site that they do NOT care how well Nigeria plays and only the RESULTS matters. Remember the CCC and Amodu days? They laughed at those who cared about performance or "flair" as "feelings" people. This is the typical kind of performance they would have dismissed because the team LOST.

Fair enough. However, if i recall correctly, a lot of his defense of Amodu stemmed from the comparisons with Siasia after the failure to qualify for the ANC, and peoples insistence that Siasia was a better coach than Amodu inspite of such failings. I may be wrong, but his point appeared to be that while Amoud's eagles did not look pretty, they still qualified for tournaments and at the end of the day, that is all that matters over a nice looking side like Siasia's that failed to win.

Personally, i agree with the concept that all that matters in a tournament is winning/advancing to the next round. However, losing a game like the Atletico games doesn't bother me as long as we were competitive in the game. There is nothing worse than watching your team look utterly impotent and still lose.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16