...and the pressure mounts on Rohr to invite Nwakali to camp

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ...and the pressure mounts on Rohr to invite Nwakali to

Post by Odas »

Shownoja wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rohr under pressure to include Kelechi Nwakali in his World Cup squad after his scintillating display yesterday - See more at: https://goo.gl/su2qQe

What was he thinking of in the first place self? All he had to do was invite the boy and take a look at him. If he was not good enough drop him!

This is a classic case of intellectual laziness and being afraid to step outside your comfort zone. If Nwakali had played against say Serbia and Poland, would Rohr not have found out all he needs to know about the boy?
My brother, do you know Rohr? The article says nothing of where the pressure to include him is coming from, apart from your authored article. He played well last night no doubt, but I think this opportunity came a little early for him. For early parts of both halves, ALM went through us rather easily, which is at odds with the focused TEAM defending and attacking Rohr wants to do.

I think he has nonetheless put himself in prime position to take on the role of Mikel once he retires. He will have to learn to do a lot more with his energy for the team to earn that spot permanently. Trusting Nigeria, another very gifted player might just be a couple of tournaments away from being discovered.
I ask again, what are the MODS going to do about Chief Ayo's LIES or DOCTORED posts?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bully12 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Rohr under pressure to include Kelechi Nwakali in his World Cup squad after his scintillating display yesterday - See more at: https://goo.gl/su2qQe

What was he thinking of in the first place self? All he had to do was invite the boy and take a look at him. If he was not good enough drop him!

This is a classic case of intellectual laziness and being afraid to step outside your comfort zone. If Nwakali had played against say Serbia and Poland, would Rohr not have found out all he needs to know about the boy?
Honestly the man is inordinately lazy very scarred to leave his comfort zone. The man had a golden opportunity to prosecute this world cup with the best team Nigeria ever had. Just because of his stupid allegiance and depravity he is messing it up. Frankly speaking between him and Keshi I don't which is more of dissolute . They are obdurate, disdainful arrogant and stupidly lazy.
Bully12: Take it a easy, Sir!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Rohr has had the friendlies to try them out. For instance, if Nwakali had been tried out against Argentina, Poland, Serbia and now DR Congo and England and excelled, would you drop him? My beef with Rohr was he was too scared to leave his comfort zone.

What makes your argument untenable is that Rohr was inviting players not featuring for their clubs at all. From September to January, Ahmed Musa did not play one minute of league football for Leicester, yet he was always being invited to camp.
The national team is not a vehicle for trying out players, esp with a WC approaching. That's cluelessness and crookedness of the worst order.

Musa is a poor example to use. He has played at the highest level - WC, ANC, CL, etc. He is tried and tested.
http://www.naijiant.com/
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Only in Nigeria will a phantom player like Uche Agbo make the 30 man list while a complete baller like Kelechi Nwakali is ignored. Rohr is corrupt and his team selection is based on agent deals. No way Moses Simon is good enough to make SE top 30 players. France left Lacazette and martial at home. Rohr is not interested in doing well at Russia, he is going to tell you the SE failed due to lack of quality players, meanwhile onyekuru and K. Nwakali are ignored.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Every club coach has his own brief, agenda and players that suit his goals.
That may not necessarily tally with the national team's plans!
Ayo, please substitute 'national team' for the highlighted, and see where the answer to your demand lies.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

9jaMan wrote:Only in Nigeria will a phantom player like Uche Agbo make the 30 man list while a complete baller like Kelechi Nwakali is ignored. Rohr is corrupt and his team selection is based on agent deals. No way Moses Simon is good enough to make SE top 30 players. France left Lacazette and martial at home. Rohr is not interested in doing well at Russia, he is going to tell you the SE failed due to lack of quality players, meanwhile onyekuru and K. Nwakali are ignored.

That eagle on your moniker sure looks stupid! Any resemblance to you?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

wanaj0 wrote:Agents should better return the money they collected :)

I am actually surprised that they are not asking for the coach to replace Rohr :)

They should wait till AFTER the WC before mounting their pressure. I remember when Rabiu was to be the saviour of Nigeria along with Lukman.

Enemies of Naija footie. The lure of filthy lucre!
Thank you Sir :clap: :thumbs:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

txj wrote:
9jaMan wrote:Only in Nigeria will a phantom player like Uche Agbo make the 30 man list while a complete baller like Kelechi Nwakali is ignored. Rohr is corrupt and his team selection is based on agent deals. No way Moses Simon is good enough to make SE top 30 players. France left Lacazette and martial at home. Rohr is not interested in doing well at Russia, he is going to tell you the SE failed due to lack of quality players, meanwhile onyekuru and K. Nwakali are ignored.

That eagle on your moniker sure looks stupid! Any resemblance to you?

How is that info going to make your life less miserable? You can always kill yourself, you have the power.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

more ayoganda.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

No doubt KN is a talent but folks are behaving like life ends after the WC. KN is a rookie, our 23 to Russia will include Mikel, Etebo, Ndidi, Onazi, Joel and Ogu. Which of these do you drop for Kelechi?

Onyekuru, Simmy, Kelechi, Awoniyi, Bazee, Aina etc will form the nucleus of the team after the WC. We are going to have to build on the exploits of Russia, their time will come.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

King Futcha wrote:more ayoganda.
:rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Mr Shows wrote:No doubt KN is a talent but folks are behaving like life ends after the WC. KN is a rookie, our 23 to Russia will include Mikel, Etebo, Ndidi, Onazi, Joel and Ogu. Which of these do you drop for Kelechi?

Onyekuru, Simmy, Kelechi, Awoniyi, Bazee, Aina etc will form the nucleus of the team after the WC. We are going to have to build on the exploits of Russia, their time will come.
Joel obi is a risk, i would replace Kelechi with joel
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Mr Shows wrote:No doubt KN is a talent but folks are behaving like life ends after the WC. KN is a rookie, our 23 to Russia will include Mikel, Etebo, Ndidi, Onazi, Joel and Ogu. Which of these do you drop for Kelechi?

Exactly my point.... he is not the best in his position in the SE. if he was a keeper and was great yesterday then I have joined the bandwagon.
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

I will drop Etebo and Ogu... The boy can ball and he should be given a real chance to compete for a shirt.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

okuns wrote:

I will drop Etebo and Ogu... The boy can ball and he should be given a real chance to compete for a shirt.
You would drop Etebo? Recency effect is crazy, same Etebo that was just balling against top teams in La Liga, taking it to Barcelona, you would drop him b/c of one good friendly game from a Div 2 player? Seriously?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
okuns wrote:

You would drop Etebo? Recency effect is crazy, same Etebo that was just balling against top teams in La Liga, taking it to Barcelona, you would drop him b/c of one good friendly game from a Div 2 player? Seriously?
:lol: recency bias.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

The world cup starts in three weeks. New players this late might disrupt team chemistry, Rohr still has to cut seven players so I will say they should all be invited post worldcup.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

No need to rock the boat, the world cup provisional 30 looks just fine

The team is greater than individual players

That said, Kelechi has earned a call up.........AFTER the MUNDIAL
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

okuns wrote:

Okuns, KN is high on talent but low on experience. On a grand stage like the world cup, seasoned campaigners will have a field day with him. Etebo is balling in La Liga and holding his own, KN is still trying to gain consistency and lock down a first team shirt in a second rate club. No doubt the boy is good but it takes more than talent to roll with the big boys.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You really have to be mad to Drop etebo even for NDIDI let alone a rookie like Nwakali. Etebo is one of super eagles most energetic, and hardworking player
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

bully12 wrote:

Honestly the man is inordinately lazy very scarred to leave his comfort zone. The man had a golden opportunity to prosecute this world cup with the best team Nigeria ever had. Just because of his stupid allegiance and depravity he is messing it up. Frankly speaking between him and Keshi I don't which is more of dissolute . They are obdurate, disdainful arrogant and stupidly lazy.
Dude, you are rude and need some home training.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If this guy is that good, why cant he play for Arsenal 1st team? Any reason
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

marko wrote:If this guy is that good, why cant he play for Arsenal 1st team? Any reason
work permit

Loaned out.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx