CL Final 2018.....Basket Keeper 1 vs Ogbuagu Zizou 3.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CL Final 2018.....Basket Keeper 1 vs Ogbuagu Zizou 3...

Post by Mr. Piffington »

tfco wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Congrats to Liverpool and their second place CL ribbon and their "We beat Man City" trophy. Well deserved.#bestteaminengland
:lol: :lol:

you're trying to hard. haba
I'm simply congratulating the best team in England, the giant killers. The unstoppable force that is Liverpool Football Club.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Chief Oga Tx, on the eve of the january window:
Coach wrote:Returning to the topic title...If Liverpool go into next season with Soft Mintgolet or Can't Karius between the sticks, Klavan or Dejan Senderis manning the backline, they're doomed....
@Chief Oga Tx, nno! So, is that the final comedy nail in Not Hugo Loris Cant Karius' pathetic flirtations with the number one spot? Back to Trebor softMintgolet or will Aerosmith actually invest in the glaringly obvious? As was said three years ago in discussion, till Liverpool invest in a proper goalkeeper, as opposed to fielding roadkill from the joyrider's boy racing down the yellow brick road, they're going nowhere. Cliche still?
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Heliopolis wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Questions have to be asked of Klopp, what his plan was to neutralize any of Real's main threats.
Ronaldo had 1 good chance all game.

Bale's 1st goal was unstoppable.

Benzema was a non-factor.

Karius gifted them 2 goals.

Questions have to be asked as to whether you actually bothered to watch the game.
He once supported Arsenal. But now supports Liverpool cos of Salah. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How can you say a man who scored a goal and ran almost as tirelessly as the Liverpool players did, was a non factor?

Liverpool were very unlucky but have the grace to give credit to Real Madrid.

Real Madrid got to the final by beat the champions of France, Italy and Germany. They also played a good game in what was a highly contested and competitive game. I just wish Liverpool made more of it when they were dominant, maybe we will be talking about them being 6 times winners.

Yes the game was lost on 2 goalkeeping errors but many more will remember the game for Bale's goal.

I hope Salah is fit for the WC.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

green4life wrote:
txj wrote:Sad to come this far and lose from two GK errors. Very painful...

The two gk errors hurt but your team was also outclassed in all respects by Madrid. Even when Sallah was in the game, Liverpool didn't create any chances. More over reliance on gra gra.
"Gra gra" is an unfair discription. Nothing rough about the high intensity pressing game.

But I made a comment somewhere about the teams before the game and the midfield.

It is fact, Liverpool run, run and run after the ball, Real Madrid in contrast, let the ball do all the running for them. This key factor was made manifest in that midfield with Modric and Kroos especially.

No disrespect to Henderson and co, but their hustle and pressing did not create a thing. Instead the ball control of the Real Madrid midfield, was the foundation for their victory.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Questions have to be asked of Klopp, what his plan was to neutralize any of Real's main threats.
Ronaldo had 1 good chance all game.

Bale's 1st goal was unstoppable.

Benzema was a non-factor.

Karius gifted them 2 goals.

Questions have to be asked as to whether you actually bothered to watch the game.
He once supported Arsenal. But now supports Liverpool cos of Salah. :lol: :lol: :lol:

How can you say a man who scored a goal and ran almost as tirelessly as the Liverpool players did, was a non factor?

Liverpool were very unlucky but have the grace to give credit to Real Madrid.

Real Madrid got to the final by beat the champions of France, Italy and Germany. They also played a good game in what was a highly contested and competitive game. I just wish Liverpool made more of it when they were dominant, maybe we will be talking about them being 6 times winners.

Yes the game was lost on 2 goalkeeping errors but many more will remember the game for Bale's goal.

I hope Salah is fit for the WC.

Agreed. I wouldn't describe Benz to be a non-factor. His role at Madrid mirrors Bobby Firmino's at 'pool- creates the platform for others..

Couldn't help but wonder what would've happened had Coutinho been in the team.

In Spite of deep disappointment at result, quite optimistic about the future. Manager and club pooling in same direction; strong connection among players and with fans; recruitment has been top notch. Just need to cap it up this window...

LFC bench on the day highlights how much more work remains...
Last edited by txj on Sun May 27, 2018 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
tfco wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:Congrats to Liverpool and their second place CL ribbon and their "We beat Man City" trophy. Well deserved.#bestteaminengland

I'm simply congratulating the best team in England, the giant killers. The unstoppable force that is Liverpool Football Club.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I once ran a race in high school. I came fourth and my whole fmaily was celebrating. They called me the best runner in my high school and took me out for ice cream. :clap: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:

The two gk errors hurt but your team was also outclassed in all respects by Madrid. Even when Sallah was in the game, Liverpool didn't create any chances. More over reliance on gra gra.
"Gra gra" is an unfair discription. Nothing rough about the high intensity pressing game.

But I made a comment somewhere about the teams before the game and the midfield.

It is fact, Liverpool run, run and run after the ball, Real Madrid in contrast, let the ball do all the running for them. This key factor was made manifest in that midfield with Modric and Kroos especially.

No disrespect to Henderson and co, but their hustle and pressing did not create a thing. Instead the ball control of the Real Madrid midfield, was the foundation for their victory.

Thats not what "gra gra" means in this context. As a warri man, your pidgin should be stronger than this.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:

It's quite ignorant to say its gra gra. And it's not designed to necessarily 'create a thing', but to facilitate the next step.

It's a little like the City game at the Ettihad when I repeatedly tried to draw attention to the game b/f the Mane RC.

Here it's the game b/4 the Salah injury, which LFC shaded, dropping Mane into the #10 role to begin the transition following the press...

In spite of Madrid's ball control, LFC controlled the half spaces which meant RM had to repeatedly reset the build up; no space for Marcello on the right; little space for CR7, etc...

The battle in MF, and by extension the game, prior to the injury, was not about ball control, but dominance of the half spaces

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:@Tx, Chief Oga at that, a bit of discourse on the abuse down the right (Real's left) and the ineffectual introduction of Adam Lallana.
Marcello only became a factor in the game after Salah left...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

For those who are still wondering whether "taking out your opponent is a strategy

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote:@Chief Oga Tx, on the eve of the january window:
Coach wrote:Returning to the topic title...If Liverpool go into next season with Soft Mintgolet or Can't Karius between the sticks, Klavan or Dejan Senderis manning the backline, they're doomed....
@Chief Oga Tx, nno! So, is that the final comedy nail in Not Hugo Loris Cant Karius' pathetic flirtations with the number one spot? Back to Trebor softMintgolet or will Aerosmith actually invest in the glaringly obvious? As was said three years ago in discussion, till Liverpool invest in a proper goalkeeper, as opposed to fielding roadkill from the joyrider's boy racing down the yellow brick road, they're going nowhere. Cliche still?

Karius is a young GK who is learning. The choice before Klopp is whether to continue the process, expecting him to grow from this, or to bring higher level competition for him in Allison...

Either option is good by me...

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
tfco wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: I once ran a race in high school. I came fourth and my whole fmaily was celebrating. They called me the best runner in my high school and took me out for ice cream. :clap: :lol:
One man's pain is another man's pleasure. I'm proud of you man. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Mr. Piffington wrote:One man's pain is another man's pleasure. I'm proud of you man. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Nna, we should congratulate Man United for winning the At Least Liverpool Didn't Win A Trophy trophy. :lol: :rotf:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:

It's quite ignorant to say its gra gra. And it's not designed to necessarily 'create a thing', but to facilitate the next step.

It's a little like the City game at the Ettihad when I repeatedly tried to draw attention to the game b/f the Mane RC.

Here it's the game b/4 the Salah injury, which LFC shaded, dropping Mane into the #10 role to begin the transition following the press...

In spite of Madrid's ball control, LFC controlled the half spaces which meant RM had to repeatedly reset the build up; no space for Marcello on the right; little space for CR7, etc...

The battle in MF, and by extension the game, prior to the injury, was not about ball control, but dominance of the half spaces
Fair enough. I did not go into detail cos I wznted to address the "gra gra" point mainly.

The purpose of the press it about the next step, which is about dominance of the ball and space, which on turn can lead to creativity especially if the ball is won with plenty of space to exploit.

However with Salah, Liverpool were indeed edging it, but they did not create a chance. Mane in the 10 role was a problem, but it did not hurt Real Madrid in terms of chances or getting the early goal they needed. I always felt Real Madrid handled this phase of play quite well. The resetting of their midfield was a good defensive response. This is one aspect of the game Zidane's Real Madrid does not get enough credit for.

Ball control was what Real Madrid did when they got ball compared to what Liverpool did. Real Madrid mastered the ball best when it mattered. They varied their play making it difficult for Liverpool's pressing. They inter played with short passes across, and between the lines, and went long when they had to. For example, Bale's goal. That was a result of direct play, they did not need numbers, the ball did all the running to the point of Bale's volley.

Zidane was canny. He made the key substitution in the game when he saw he need a pacy outlet to counter the pressing game of Liverpool. The 2nd goal was due to an error by Karius, and to be fair, Liverpool were taking risks defending one on one vos they needed a goal. But that 3rd goal came from Real Madrid escaping the press with another piece of direct play after a duration of ball retention with short quick passing moves in the eye of the press.

What we will never know if Liverpool would have won with Salah on the pitch, but I think would have won. This is why I said Liverpool were very unlucky.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:One man's pain is another man's pleasure. I'm proud of you man. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Nna, we should congratulate Man United for winning the At Least Liverpool Didn't Win A Trophy trophy. :lol: :rotf:
Steeeeevvviiiieeee Gerrrrrraaaaaaaadddddd :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: This defeat hurt your soul deeply, abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Mourinho at United in 2 seaons has won 3 trophies! Klopp????? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
Coach wrote:@Tx, Chief Oga at that, a bit of discourse on the abuse down the right (Real's left) and the ineffectual introduction of Adam Lallana.
Marcelo was already enjoying himself in the first 10minutes he was playing just outside the Liverpool 18 area and even had a scuffed shot at goal. Liverpool were outclassed for the majority of the game
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Waffiman wrote:
txj wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
green4life wrote:

Fair enough. I did not go into detail cos I wznted to address the "gra gra" point mainly.

The purpose of the press it about the next step, which is about dominance of the ball and space, which on turn can lead to creativity especially if the ball is won with plenty of space to exploit.

However with Salah, Liverpool were indeed edging it, but they did not create a chance. Mane in the 10 role was a problem, but it did not hurt Real Madrid in terms of chances or getting the early goal they needed. I always felt Real Madrid handled this phase of play quite well. The resetting of their midfield was a good defensive response. This is one aspect of the game Zidane's Real Madrid does not get enough credit for.

Ball control was what Real Madrid did when they got ball compared to what Liverpool did. Real Madrid mastered the ball best when it mattered. They varied their play making it difficult for Liverpool's pressing. They inter played with short passes across, and between the lines, and went long when they had to. For example, Bale's goal. That was a result of direct play, they did not need numbers, the ball did all the running to the point of Bale's volley.

Zidane was canny. He made the key substitution in the game when he saw he need a pacy outlet to counter the pressing game of Liverpool. The 2nd goal was due to an error by Karius, and to be fair, Liverpool were taking risks defending one on one vos they needed a goal. But that 3rd goal came from Real Madrid escaping the press with another piece of direct play after a duration of ball retention with short quick passing moves in the eye of the press.

What we will never know if Liverpool would have won with Salah on the pitch, but I think would have won. This is why I said Liverpool were very unlucky.
They did indeed create chances; all saved by Navas- two from Mane and one from Trent. Their shot pass routine to counter the press was well expected- hence the dominance of the short spaces between the lines. Which is why the biggest miss for LFC going into the game was Ox, because of the next phase where his breakaway pace is decisive.

For me, it was not so much the short pass routine, the decisive factor was the absence of key players which made the tactic ultimately effective. Afterall City are better in the build-up/ball control phase than RM, yet LFC overcame them decisively....

We had luck throughout the series; think we used it all up b/4 the final :biggrin:

On ZZ, his in-game mgt has always been underrated, as one who follows La Liga closely. No team in football has the wealth of talent as Madrid; but nobody has used such wealth of resources as well as ZZ..

The mix of short passing and the strategic long-ball is a thing of beauty. But defensively, LFC controlled much of that until things started going south...

Liverpool need to get into the market big time- not so much in numbers but complementary quality to what it already has...
Last edited by txj on Sun May 27, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
Marcelo was already enjoying himself in the first 10minutes he was playing just outside the Liverpool 18 area and even had a scuffed shot at goal. Liverpool were outclassed for the majority of the game
Read my exchanges with Waffi so you can learn the game.

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
:thumbs: :thumbs:
Kai! txj, the Soccer Socrates, biko help us to tell everybody how superior you are :thumbs: . Oga Football Phoolosopher, we all kneel at your feet, and enjoy the wisdoms that flow from your lips, abi na keyboard. We wonder why Liverpool has not hired you as exalted and superior adviser to Klopp? Some people say that those who cant, teach, but we know they are wrong from reading your marvelous works. :thumbs:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

ohsee wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:
Kai! txj, the Soccer Socrates, biko help us to tell everybody how superior you are :thumbs: . Oga Football Phoolosopher, we all kneel at your feet, and enjoy the wisdoms that flow from your lips, abi na keyboard. We wonder why Liverpool has not hired you as exalted and superior adviser to Klopp? Some people say that those who cant, teach, but we know they are wrong from reading your marvelous works. :thumbs:
:biggrin:

the chap is starting to rewrite yesterdays history using his usual high sounding nonsense
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

ohsee wrote:
txj wrote:
benteke wrote:
txj wrote:

Between Waffi's and my comments, there's enough info to educate you about this game.

Beyond that, you'll need to return to Rant and Rave where u belong...

Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Its a Goal wrote:Image

Further evidence that Salah was the one initially doing the holding.
You are messing with the conspiracy theory. Just follow the trend of those that 'played up to amateur' who gannered so much experience from doing so. That's how they do it. Plan, execute and those of you who played up to semi amateur can't see what they see. Dey there nah. :sneaky:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

danfo driver wrote:For those who are still wondering whether "taking out your opponent is a strategy

Funny how you completely forgot to mention the push in the back by the Liverpool #4 Van Dijk on Ramos leading to the collision.
I suppose that doesnt match your one-sided narrative
Last edited by charlie on Sun May 27, 2018 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it