Can someone explain why...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

donadoni
Egg
Egg
Can someone explain why...

Post by donadoni »

We have our B team with players who aren’t going to the WC play a friendly in our world class Uyo stadium with a great pitch against Athletico Madrid whose style is a good warm up for our group game against Argentina

AND

We have our main team play on a crap pitch in port harcourt against DR Congo whose style is unlike any of our WC group opposition and the chances of injury are high?

Just wondering what the thinking (if any) was here..
Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Re: Can someone explain why...

Post by Shownoja »

The Rivers State government paid well to host the game. Simple
To stop trying is to start dying
rudellar
Egg
Egg

Post by rudellar »

Great observation. Gd question
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Because our A team has a prestigious friendly in England, Wembley Stadium a couple of days later
Last edited by Robotnik on Mon May 28, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Same reason why solar energy is heavily regulated and generators are not. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Smart Alec,

So u dont know the role money plays in Naija football?

B4 Uyo, Port Harcourt (bad pitch and all) hosted loads of SE games just because dem governor dey dash both NFF and our players and even our opponents dollars (heck, he dashed Ghana players dollars after they lost to SE and almost got us in trouble!)

Friendly is not only about your first round opponents style of play (heck, we got that covered with Czech republic, England, Serbia, Portugal and our friendly with nothing better than Argentina gangan!), but also the mental thoughness and physical fortitude of your own players. Today, the Congolese gave us our money's worth, exposed the inexperience of some of our players (Uzoho no call penalty and Aina avoidable penalty), the laziness of some of our established players (Onazi, Uwa etc) and a chance for redemption for Ebuehi, and golden opportunity for Lokosa and Nwankwo to force their way into the final 23!

The pitch was bad but it did not stop Iwobi from showing his quality once he entered.

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D

Now

donadoni wrote:We have our B team with players who aren’t going to the WC play a friendly in our world class Uyo stadium with a great pitch against Athletico Madrid whose style is a good warm up for our group game against Argentina

AND

We have our main team play on a crap pitch in port harcourt against DR Congo whose style is unlike any of our WC group opposition and the chances of injury are high?

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

donadoni wrote:We have our B team with players who aren’t going to the WC play a friendly in our world class Uyo stadium with a great pitch against Athletico Madrid whose style is a good warm up for our group game against Argentina

AND

...Nigerian contractor (NFA) cares more about the highest bidder (the Rivers state government) not necessarily the quality of the product (the pitch) to be delivered.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Nigeria doesn’t make sense it makes Gari :rotf:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Cmoke wrote:Smart Alec,

B4 Uyo, Port Harcourt (bad pitch and all) hosted loads of SE games just because dem governor dey dash both NFF and our players and even our opponents dollars (heck, he dashed Ghana players dollars after they lost to SE and almost got us in trouble!)

Friendly is not only about your first round opponents style of play (heck, we got that covered with Czech republic, England, Serbia, Portugal and our friendly with nothing better than Argentina gangan!), but also the mental thoughness and physical fortitude of your own players. Today, the Congolese gave us our money's worth, exposed the inexperience of some of our players (Uzoho no call penalty and Aina avoidable penalty), the laziness of some of our established players (Onazi, Uwa etc) and a chance for redemption for Ebuehi, and golden opportunity for Lokosa and Nwankwo to force their way into the final 23!

The pitch was bad but it did not stop Iwobi from showing his quality once he entered.

Now

AND

bros, longest time o. How is family...?

On the bad pitch, I think the work in the new stadium is still work in progress... I and is good to test the attitude and ruggedness of our players too.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

AND

In a country where madness reigns..you will wait tire for an answer.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

AND

Politics.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

My true Lil brother, Vindave!

How time flies!

Can you believe it was May 5, 2001 when we watched SE V Liberia together at Liberation Stadium, Port Harcourt thanks to your generously hosting yours truely!

All the players wey play that day don retire. One don become President sef!

Vindave wrote:
Cmoke wrote:Smart Alec,

Now

AND

bros, longest time o. How is family...?

On the bad pitch, I think the work in the new stadium is still work in progress... I and is good to test the attitude and ruggedness of our players too.