Arsenal Signs Short Sponsorship deal with Rwanda

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Arsenal Signs Short Sponsorship deal with Rwanda

Post by chief nfachairman »

COuntries that think

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ust-coming

English Premier League soccer team Arsenal has signed a shirt-sponsorship deal with Rwanda.

The club, one of the world’s biggest, will promote tourism, investment and football in the East African nation under a three-year agreement, the Rwanda Development Board said Wednesday.

The “Visit Rwanda” logo will feature on the left sleeve for all first team, under-23 and Arsenal Women’s matches, according to a statement from the state-run agency. Arsenal players will visit Rwanda and club coaches will host camps to support the development of the game in the country of 12 million people.

“We’re thrilled to be partnering with Arsenal and showcasing the vibrancy and beauty of our country,” Rwanda Development Board Chief Executive Officer Clare Akamanzi said. “Visit Rwanda and discover why we are the second-fastest growing economy in Africa.”

London-based Arsenal is the sixth-largest soccer club in the world, having generated revenue of 488 million euros ($572 million) in the 2016-17 season, according to Deloitte LLP. It is listed on the NEX Exchange in London and has a market value of $2.9 billion. American billionaire Stan Kroenke, owner of the National Football League’s Los Angeles Rams, is the majority shareholder.

Visit Rwanda
Long-serving manager Arsene Wenger left the club this month and was replaced on Wednesday by Spaniard Unai Emery, former coach of Paris Saint-Germain. Rwandan President Paul Kagame is an Arsenal fan and had criticized Wenger for the team’s lack of success in the past decade.

While Arsenal is one of Europe’s most decorated teams, with 13 top-flight league titles in England, it hasn’t won one since 2004.

Arsenal, which didn’t announce financial details of the deal with the Rwanda Development Board, said in a statement that its shirt is viewed 35 million times a day globally. Emirates, the world’s biggest long-haul airline, pays $40 million a season to be its main shirt sponsor in a deal that expires next year, according to U.K. newspaper the Mirror.

Rwanda had 1.3 million visitors in 2017 and 94,000 tourists visited the three national parks of Nyungwe, Akagera and Volcanoes. Tourism has generated 90,000 jobs and is Rwanda’s largest foreign exchange earner. Gorillas are among the main attractions, with tourists often paying $1,500 each for a license to see the endangered animals.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal Signs Short Sponsorship deal with Rawanda

Post by platinum »

Countries that think.....you for at least spell the country name correctly no?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal Signs Short Sponsorship deal with Rawanda

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Very good for Rwanda. We have more Arsenal fans than than the population of Rwanda but can’t think of any plan to further our economic plight other than yabbing Chelsea.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Arsenal Signs Short Sponsorship deal with Rwanda

Post by Cellular »

I am going to Rwanda.

:thumbs:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Kagame is a good leader.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Vision, plan and execute. Simple. Instead of waiting to pillage monthly allocations. Never thought about visiting Rwanda, now I do. How are they getting people to drop $1500 to see gorillas? Impressive! I can see them at my local zoo for $29.99.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

felarey wrote:Vision, plan and execute. Simple. Instead of waiting to pillage monthly allocations. Never thought about visiting Rwanda, now I do. How are they getting people to drop $1500 to see gorillas? Impressive! I can see them at my local zoo for $29.99.
Even better, I can see them for Animal Kingdom at $99.99 all day... Great investment by Rwanda.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

okuns wrote:
felarey wrote:Vision, plan and execute. Simple. Instead of waiting to pillage monthly allocations. Never thought about visiting Rwanda, now I do. How are they getting people to drop $1500 to see gorillas? Impressive! I can see them at my local zoo for $29.99.
Even better, I can see them for Animal Kingdom at $99.99 all day... Great investment by Rwanda.
I can see them in the Bush for free!
I am happy
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Dammy wrote:
okuns wrote:
I can see them in the Bush for free!
Bush boy
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Who would go to Rwanda b/c of something written on a football shirt? This is more likely corrupt - an inflated sponsorship contract with the Arse only getting a fraction of what Rwanda budgeted for the deal.

Besides, there should be ethical rules against football clubs openly associating with authoritarian regimes.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Roger Kengele
Egg
Egg

Post by Roger Kengele »

Rwanda's regime is the author of monstrosity of unreached level in Africa. Millions of dead in DRC & Rwanda itself. Not to mention the plundering of DRC's mineral resources.
"...il n'est rien de caché qui ne doive être découvert, rien de secret qui ne doive être mis au jour."
(Marc 4, 22.)