FULL GAME: NIGERIA B vs ATL MADRID

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
FULL GAME: NIGERIA B vs ATL MADRID

Post by Gotti »

I don't know if this has already been posted (could not see it)...
If so, Mods do the needful. The game itself starts from about 1.00 of the clip.

[/video]
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: FULL GAME: NIGERIA B vs ATL MADRID

Post by 1naija »

Thanks Uncle. Now i can go back and revise my commentary to match the game

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote:I don't know if this has already been posted (could not see it)...
If so, Mods do the needful. The game itself starts from about 1.00 of the clip.

[/video]

Thank you. For all those complaining about how much of a pushover Kelechi was, this is a chance to re-watch and state the number of balls he was bullied off of.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Thanks. Watched the game...and I can't say any player stood out for me....as in someone I would like in the WC. I kinda liked the Number 9...I believe his name is Emem Uduok. He has presence, and can hold his own in a sea of defenders....but I'm unsure if he's a poacher though....he was often crowded out.

Usman's goal was impressive to say the least. Reminded me of 90s Nigerian ball with Kanu and Jay Jay. Our defense was weak, and our keeper, weaker.

On Kelechi Nwakali....I'm a bit unsure. The goal was great....but (maybe in part due to no-name jerseys and the commentators inability to properly identify players), I couldn't identify a lot of his impact. His brother seemed more involved, but lacking in end product. I'm not so sure either is world cup ready. WC teams are not going to give you that kinda space. I wouldn't mind them in the team, but I can't say we're necessarily disadvantaged if they aren't
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

deanotito wrote:Thanks. Watched the game...and I can't say any player stood out for me....as in someone I would like in the WC. I kinda liked the Number 9...I believe his name is Emem Uduok. He has presence, and can hold his own in a sea of defenders....but I'm unsure if he's a poacher though....he was often crowded out.

Usman's goal was impressive to say the least. Reminded me of 90s Nigerian ball with Kanu and Jay Jay. Our defense was weak, and our keeper, weaker.

On Kelechi Nwakali....I'm a bit unsure. The goal was great....but (maybe in part due to no-name jerseys and the commentators inability to properly identify players), I couldn't identify a lot of his impact. His brother seemed more involved, but lacking in end product. I'm not so sure either is world cup ready. WC teams are not going to give you that kinda space. I wouldn't mind them in the team, but I can't say we're necessarily disadvantaged if they aren't
Come on now. :lol: Space is given up at some point, irrespective of level. Do you want to see a clip of some of the goals that have been scored at the WC?

Wha choo looking at?!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
deanotito wrote:Thanks. Watched the game...and I can't say any player stood out for me....as in someone I would like in the WC. I kinda liked the Number 9...I believe his name is Emem Uduok. He has presence, and can hold his own in a sea of defenders....but I'm unsure if he's a poacher though....he was often crowded out.

Come on now. :lol: Space is given up at some point, irrespective of level. Do you want to see a clip of some of the goals that have been scored at the WC?
I've seen some of the goals that have been scored at the WC....but even better, I've seen far more of the goals that have not been scored. Its tough out there.

Bros, I've seen this movie before. Atletico at times, was playing a pedestrian game, and not closing gaps. I think our players clearly had more to prove, and still ended up losing. Look at Torres when he came on...he's not an energetic player, but even for his level, he was playing at a pace slightly above exhibition game level. Also, there were quite a few youth team players in Atletico. One player who looked serious was the Ghanian guy. The rest, I'm not so sure.

I saw some good skill and passing from Nwakali, but if you're not challenged, a decent player can shine. At the WC, everyone would up their game. Is your skill good enough to unlock that? Can you pick out these cross-field passes with WC like pressure?? I'm not sure I saw that, honestly. I've seen many a-promising Nigerian players jam power wey pass their own at big tournaments.

So no, I'm not sure I saw enough to say he deserves a spot. Let me put it this way...Do I think he's better than Mikel Agu? Yes....but I don't expect Mikel Agu to play a prominent role...might not even make the 23. So that's why I'm on the fence. I need to see quite a bit more to even suggest that he displace Mikel, Ndidi or Onazi....or that as a sub, he can make an impact.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

It's a moot point, but I personally believe that Kelechi Nwakali can stand his ground against any midfielder on that provisional squad not named Mikel, Ndidi , Etebo and Joel. He is definitely worthy of being a squad member. He is still young and his time will come.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

deanotito wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

I've seen some of the goals that have been scored at the WC....but even better, I've seen far more of the goals that have not been scored. Its tough out there.

Bros, I've seen this movie before. Atletico at times, was playing a pedestrian game, and not closing gaps. I think our players clearly had more to prove, and still ended up losing. Look at Torres when he came on...he's not an energetic player, but even for his level, he was playing at a pace slightly above exhibition game level. Also, there were quite a few youth team players in Atletico. One player who looked serious was the Ghanian guy. The rest, I'm not so sure.

I saw some good skill and passing from Nwakali, but if you're not challenged, a decent player can shine. At the WC, everyone would up their game. Is your skill good enough to unlock that? Can you pick out these cross-field passes with WC like pressure?? I'm not sure I saw that, honestly. I've seen many a-promising Nigerian players jam power wey pass their own at big tournaments.

So no, I'm not sure I saw enough to say he deserves a spot. Let me put it this way...Do I think he's better than Mikel Agu? Yes....but I don't expect Mikel Agu to play a prominent role...might not even make the 23. So that's why I'm on the fence. I need to see quite a bit more to even suggest that he displace Mikel, Ndidi or Onazi....or that as a sub, he can make an impact.
Good points. Referencing the enlarged text, so you agree that he needs to be called up by Rohr? How I wish he had played in at least one of the Poland and Serbia friendlies.

Wha choo looking at?!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

More like Nigeria C team.
can04
Egg
Egg

Post by can04 »

Thanks for sharing.
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

The #9 is oyewole or owoyele....one ibadan name sha. He's not bad, I like his hold up game. But he problem with first touch or ball control when receiving a pass. His touch was too heavy.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

eyan wrote:

The #9 is oyewole or owoyele....one ibadan name sha. He's not bad, I like his hold up game. But he problem with first touch or ball control when receiving a pass. His touch was too heavy.
My error...as I'm pretty sure the guy I'm referring to was not Yoruba. He started the game up front. I think it was Uduok...maybe he wasn't wearing the actual #9....but that was his position
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:

Good points. Referencing the enlarged text, so you agree that he needs to be called up by Rohr? How I wish he had played in at least one of the Poland and Serbia friendlies.
Oh definitely....based on what I saw, he merited a call up....even his brother too....but that's all water under the bridge now sha.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

deanotito wrote:
eyan wrote:

My error...as I'm pretty sure the guy I'm referring to was not Yoruba. He started the game up front. I think it was Uduok...maybe he wasn't wearing the actual #9....but that was his position
I think Uduok was #7. Overall I was mostly impressed with the quality of crosses into the 18 yards form the full backs. Like you said, if there is nothing at stake and one team is pedestrian in their approach, it makes the other team who has something to prove, to look better.

That defender that got "Boatenged" will need to seek legal redress for that spinner he underwent. I mean was that last spin that made him show his numbers really necessary? :D He was already down and out before that last turnaround.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Thank God for video evidence, did those hyping Kelechi Nwakali mean Chidi Nwakali cos I don't get it. He did well, no doubt, but WC? 30 man list? The boy is not there yet. Has he been somehow mistaken for Partey?
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Benedict Iroha wrote:More like Nigeria C team.
Actually, a lot closer to team D given that it did not include any of the 30 players that were in the provisional WC squad which is mathematically only 3 players short of 3 teams :mrgreen:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kai, I am glad someone or people has seen what I saw. Granted our team was composed of several people who has NOT previously played together, but the team is more like the Super-eagles team "C" not team "B."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

green4life wrote:
Actually, a lot closer to team D given that it did not include any of the 30 players that were in the provisional WC squad which is mathematically only 3 players short of 3 teams :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Okay, I understand based on your reason, else you are pushing it
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

It's official, 9ja has a full blown goalie crisis! :shock: :shock:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
eyan
Egg
Egg

Post by eyan »

Kabalega wrote:It's official, 9ja has a full blown goalie crisis! :shock: :shock:
We know that, thank you. You can go support Uganda at the world cup in ur dreams.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Kabalega wrote:It's official, 9ja has a full blown goalie crisis! :shock: :shock:
Chief, are you just now realizing that? By the way, why did you say that?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Odas wrote:
I had the belief that the 9ja goalie WC crisis was self-made by picking the wrong people from a pool that had some overlooked decent goalies.
I thought the guy who played late into the CAF club Confederations cup last season was decent.

But after seeing the comical antics of the goalie against Athletico Madrid, I think the problem is the pool.

How else can you explain the odds of coaches selecting 4, (neigh 6?), poor goalies in a row? :shock: :shock:
It's got to be the pool or maybe it's one guy at the NFF making all these bad selections? Who knows?

You cannot win a tournament with these types of goalies.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Kabalega wrote:
Odas wrote:
I had the belief that the 9ja goalie WC crisis was self-made by picking the wrong people from a pool that had some overlooked decent goalies.
I thought the guy who played late into the CAF club Confederations cup last season was decent.

But after seeing the comical antics of the goalie against Athletico Madrid, I think the problem is the pool.

How else can you explain the odds of coaches selecting 4, (neigh 6?), poor goalies in a row? :shock: :shock:
It's got to be the pool or maybe it's one guy at the NFF making all these bad selections? Who knows?

You cannot win a tournament with these types of goalies.
Kindly go and worry about your Ugandan Cranes and their next appearance in the COCEFA abi na WAKANDA cup. Leave this one to us. :arrow:

Wha choo looking at?!