Ronaldinho Reportedly Will Marry His 2 Fiancees

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ronaldinho Reportedly Will Marry His 2 Fiancees

Post by Tbite »

joao wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Damunk wrote:Can someone in simple logic explain why marriage between adult, compos mentis man and woman is outlawed if the man is already married even with the full knowledge and consent of his wife and of course the new bride?
Well there may be many reasons for it, but one of the reasons that I am aware of is that
they assume that it means that men are 'cheapening' the value of women, and perhaps also rendering them susceptible to hardship.

I guess they would see a polygamous union as a vertical hierarchy and a monogamous union as a horizontal hierarchy. What we however know is that there are many assumptions being made. For example people in polyamorous communities have consistently done away with the notions of such hierarchies.

Therefore, they are not considering the willful decision of those consenting adults,
but focusing on symbolism and also the apparent opportunity for exploitation and vulnerability.

The wider economic ramifications of such unions have never really been tested.
:agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:
The notion of social morality needs to be looked at for its subjectivity.
Even those those who believe they are making such arguments and laws,
have been found guilty of breaking them. Just look at the 'religious' doctrinaires
and law makers. They aim at making laws based on a whim instead of human realities.
While I will not argue in favour or against, I am strongly convinced that there are various ulterior motives and agendas at play here. For example, polyandry (women marrying multiple men is rare), while Polygyny (men marrying multiple women is common in many parts of the world).

I think what we are witnessing in the past 15 or so years is a strong push for a realignment in social structures, and basically anything that doesn't 'appear' uniform and horizontal (even if it is) is probably going to be a hard sell in the West.

I think it would be more likely for this to be globally accepted if Polyandry were also common, and if this push were being made 20, 25 years ago.

but all in all, I think it may be unwise to create laws that put the cart before the horse. Some things are related to other things but are not them. People's economic liberties and positions in society may have been roughly related with formal unions, but they are not necessarily one and the same. I think this is a big issue that needs to be addressed for this to be globally accepted.

Which probably goes back to the previous point, people are irrefutably forming a link between polygamy and unequal power structures. I think the people who are against Polygamy are right and wrong. They have good reasons, but are throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Abeg not even in bible women get more than one husband,men are allow to have more than one wife,its been since Abraham,lets not go there with women having 2 husband.Next they will want a man carry the pregnancy.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

kajifu wrote:Abeg not even in bible women get more than one husband,men are allow to have more than one wife,its been since Abraham,lets not go there with women having 2 husband.Next they will want a man carry the pregnancy.
Well if you do not want to go there, it will not be globally accepted.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

So here's a recent Facebook post on a related matter that's caused a riot on FB in the last few days.
Great read, mighty controversial esp coming from a woman.....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

So when there is a divorce - one takes 50% and the other takes??
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Tbite wrote:
Damunk wrote:Can someone in simple logic explain why marriage between adult, compos mentis man and woman is outlawed if the man is already married even with the full knowledge and consent of his wife and of course the new bride?
Well there may be many reasons for it, but one of the reasons that I am aware of is that they assume that it means that men are 'cheapening' the value of women, and perhaps also rendering them susceptible to hardship.

I guess they would see a polygamous union as a vertical hierarchy and a monogamous union as a horizontal hierarchy. What we however know is that there are many assumptions being made. For example people in polyamorous communities have consistently done away with the notions of such hierarchies.

Therefore, they are not considering the willful decision of those consenting adults, but focusing on symbolism and also the apparent opportunity for exploitation and vulnerability.

The wider economic ramifications of such unions have never really been tested.

I beg e nor good. ..It leads to over population. Look at Nigeria. The first census done we were behind Britain in population, since then Britain has only added about

Nigeria -- 1960 == 45,137,812 people. -----
UK. ------- 52,433,157.

Nigeria -- 2018 == 195,875,237 people
UK. ------ 2018 == 66,573,504 people

Increase in population in 58yrs:

Nigeria --- 150,737,425 million
UK. ------- 14,140,347 million

You can see that our % increase has almost triple the entire UK current population. This is a result of polygamy being practiced in Nigeria especially in the Northern part of the country.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!