5 Players will be dropped after DR Congo friendly

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 5 Players will be dropped after DR Congo friendly

Post by maceo4 »

This fear fear man with worry on his face deserves to go home early, na wa for Akpeyi :glare:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

felarey wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It’s silly season on CE. How can a grown man that’s been following SE for year with no known mental illness or curses claim that Iheanacho is “droppable “. Wow! :shock:
I could indulge your dumbness in your comment but I'll pass. The undroppable players can more or less skip camp yet still make it. Clearly Rohr resulted to trying different things in attack in the last two games against Poland and Serbia. We are heading to the WC with no prolific nor trustworthy striker. Strikers that just posted zero shots on goal in the last two friendlies. Ahmed Musa was given a run out in that position and while Ighalo tried to redeem himself against Serbia, Iheanacho was just awful. He just came off a mediocre season at Leceister, and there are elements in his game to count against him. Whether it's ball handling, in the air, beating his man, holding up the ball or wing forward play. His often repeated quality is finishing, but that's only good when in a team like Manchester City, which the SE are not.

He won't make the 23 of many teams at the WC, he's none of Aghahowa, Yakubu, Yekini, Ikpeba etc. Rohr's 30 man list clearly shows he's looking at options in the striking position. It's a wake up call when complete newbies are called up to your position on a 30 man roster this late hour. The only way Iheanacho is undroppable is if all 3 of Ighalo, Nwankwo and Lokosa don't show they're in better form. If at par with anyone of them, then his body of work will put him over the line. What happened against Poland and Serbia will be unacceptable for any team hoping to achieve something at a WC. Any coach that allows emotions to overrun that is not set for any tangible achievement.
My bro, have you checked Iheanacho's record for the SE? Nacho is untouchable and undropable!
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

felarey wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:It’s silly season on CE. How can a grown man that’s been following SE for year with no known mental illness or curses claim that Iheanacho is “droppable “. Wow! :shock:
I could indulge your dumbness in your comment but I'll pass. The undroppable players can more or less skip camp yet still make it. Clearly Rohr resulted to trying different things in attack in the last two games against Poland and Serbia. We are heading to the WC with no prolific nor trustworthy striker. Strikers that just posted zero shots on goal in the last two friendlies. Ahmed Musa was given a run out in that position and while Ighalo tried to redeem himself against Serbia, Iheanacho was just awful. He just came off a mediocre season at Leceister, and there are elements in his game to count against him. Whether it's ball handling, in the air, beating his man, holding up the ball or wing forward play. His often repeated quality is finishing, but that's only good when in a team like Manchester City, which the SE are not.

He won't make the 23 of many teams at the WC, he's none of Aghahowa, Yakubu, Yekini, Ikpeba etc. Rohr's 30 man list clearly shows he's looking at options in the striking position. It's a wake up call when complete newbies are called up to your position on a 30 man roster this late hour. The only way Iheanacho is undroppable is if all 3 of Ighalo, Nwankwo and Lokosa don't show they're in better form. If at par with anyone of them, then his body of work will put him over the line. What happened against Poland and Serbia will be unacceptable for any team hoping to achieve something at a WC. Any coach that allows emotions to overrun that is not set for any tangible achievement.

Wow! Dem don curse this one taya. See Wetin YouTube don do!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

felarey wrote:

Bros Felerey! Thanks for this piece, this is why I like you - you say it as it is. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Please and according to Zebrudayia, "told dem."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Dammy wrote:
felarey wrote:

My bro, have you checked Iheanacho's record for the SE? Nacho is untouchable and undropable!
Chief Dammy, the thing - in my opinion - is about Iheanacho's unenthusiastic behaviors or actions on the pitch. To me, he need to develop a "hustler's" attitude and not expect his teammates to get the ball back when dispossessed by opponents
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Dammy wrote:
felarey wrote:

Untouchable after 3 goals in competitive matches from 4 yrs of international career is hype. Especially when you lay a big fat egg leading up to the WC and your position is under scrutiny. We have to be more demanding, it's not like we haven't had strikers you can trust in SE before. We are not Kenya or Uganda. I hope Kelechi is pushing hard in camp and not listening to you guys. The guys keeping him out in Leceister are golfing right now. No hope for a WC callup.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Odas wrote:
Dammy wrote:
felarey wrote:

Chief Dammy, the thing - in my opinion - is about Iheanacho's unenthusiastic behaviors or actions on the pitch. To me, he need to develop a "hustler's" attitude and not expect his teammates to get the ball back when dispossessed by opponents
Did you watch his most recent matches for Leicester? He has added hustling to his game.
I am happy
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

felarey wrote:
Dammy wrote:
felarey wrote:

Untouchable after 3 goals in competitive matches from 4 yrs of international career is hype. Especially when you lay a big fat egg leading up to the WC and your position is under scrutiny. We have to be more demanding, it's not like we haven't had strikers you can trust in SE before. We are not Kenya or Uganda. I hope Kelechi is pushing hard in camp and not listening to you guys. The guys keeping him out in Leceister are golfing right now. No hope for a WC callup.
How many does Ighalo have? Nacho is not competing for a spot with Messi, Suarez or Neymar!
I am happy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Felarey you’re a fool. Iheanacho has 8 in 13 for Nigeria and is on track to become one of our highest goal scorer of all time yet you claim he is not as good as aghawonder etc. shameless piece of crook. Aren’t you guys tired of promoting your boys for World Cup
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

john12 wrote:Felarey you’re a fool. Iheanacho has 8 in 13 for Nigeria and is on track to become one of our highest goal scorer of all time yet you claim he is not as good as aghawonder etc. shameless piece of crook. Aren’t you guys tired of promoting your boys for World Cup

You dey mind the complete mugu
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Dammy wrote:
felarey wrote:
Dammy wrote:
felarey wrote:

How many does Ighalo have? Nacho is not competing for a spot with Messi, Suarez or Neymar!
Did you just put Nacho in the same sentence as those 3? Try Gray, Slimani, Vardy, Okazaki etc. You're making me yab my boy now :) He's competing with Ighalo. On the balance of those two games (Poland and Serbia) would you say Ighalo did better? Ighalo has a lot of qualities but he's just goal shy and struggles to put away chances. Iheanacho is not goal shy but has questions in other areas. Wish we could combine both players into one.

Iheanacho will likely make the 23 but untouchable and undropable he is not.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

john12 wrote:Felarey you’re a fool. Iheanacho has 8 in 13 for Nigeria and is on track to become one of our highest goal scorer of all time yet you claim he is not as good as aghawonder etc. shameless piece of crook. Aren’t you guys tired of promoting your boys for World Cup
Why did you call me a fool? Only 3 of those goals are in competitive games. The response here these days when you can't articulate your position is to out-rightly insult the person not yab. Can you tell me whom I've promoted cos I didn't put the 30 man list together? The anti agent thing must be getting in your head.

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

felarey wrote:
Dammy wrote:
felarey wrote:
Dammy wrote:
felarey wrote:

Did you just put Nacho in the same sentence as those 3? Try Gray, Slimani, Vardy, Okazaki etc. You're making me yab my boy now :) He's competing with Ighalo. On the balance of those two games (Poland and Serbia) would you say Ighalo did better? Ighalo has a lot of qualities but he's just goal shy and struggles to put away chances. Iheanacho is not goal shy but has questions in other areas. Wish we could combine both players into one.

Iheanacho will likely make the 23 but untouchable and undropable he is not.
Nacho's seat on the plane to Russia is secure. No shaking, even if he is caught red handed with the coach's wife, he is on that plane. No ifs or buts
I am happy
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

felarey wrote:
Why did you call me a fool? Only 3 of those goals are in competitive games. The response here these days when you can't articulate your position is to out-rightly insult the person not yab. Can you tell me whom I've promoted cos I didn't put the 30 man list together? The anti agent thing must be getting in your head.
How many competive games has Iheanacho played in? 8? That’s still the best ratio in the team.

Iheanacho and Vardy were the best players at Leicester over the last 2 months. His touch, passing, strength, and stamina improved. He was a completely different player from the beginning of the season.

His place in Russia is sealed.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Synopsis wrote:
felarey wrote:
How many competive games has Iheanacho played in? 8? That’s still the best ratio in the team.

Iheanacho and Vardy were the best players at Leicester over the last 2 months. His touch, passing, strength, and stamina improved. He was a completely different player from the beginning of the season.

Lets not forget he didn't play the full 90 in all of those 8 games, nor was he always the main striker. That is a very good return and we can trust him to finish chances.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

People just wake up and spill rubbish here either for monetary gifts or ulterior motives. How can you look at a player like Iheanacho and claim that his position is in doubt because he has scored 8/13 games for us. If his position is in doubt, then for who??? Who will replace him? Some unknown player! Mind you, Iheanacho just played an impressive game in Mary and scored 1 while assisting 2. Very soon now people will say that MIKEL, NDIDI, MOSES and ETEBO position is in doubt
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Why are you guys bothering? The only thing wey fit stop Kele from boarding the plane to Russia na injury or Felarey kidnap am.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Iheanacho will be an automatic choice by Rohr for the World Cup. The only way he is not on the list is an injury. Take that to the bank. Two places at striker position already SEALED -- Iheanacho and Ighalo. There is just one position open. Bet on it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Synopsis wrote:
felarey wrote:

Ok, now he needs to show it in a SE shirt. Then perhaps he'll be untouchable/undropable.

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

maceo4 wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
felarey wrote:

Lets not forget he didn't play the full 90 in all of those 8 games, nor was he always the main striker. That is a very good return and we can trust him to finish chances.
Thanks for making my point. Substitutes are not untouchable/undropable. You earn the minutes you get on the pitch. An untouchable should be a bonafide starter.

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Enugu II wrote:Iheanacho will be an automatic choice by Rohr for the World Cup. The only way he is not on the list is an injury. Take that to the bank. Two places at striker position already SEALED -- Iheanacho and Ighalo. There is just one position open. Bet on it.
It's not about who will likely be in Russia, if this thread was about betting on the final 23, hardly anyone would bet on Iheanacho not being there. You'd have to combine my two lists to see I agree with you to an extent. Not all the 23 players going to Russia are undroppable/untouchable. Rohr spent most of the second half in the Poland match and all of the Serbia game trying to get the attack going, he moved players around and switched them. Now he's called up two highly recommended newbies, surely that says where his mind is and no basis to call a career substitute untouchable/undroppable.

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

felarey wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
felarey wrote:

Ok, now he needs to show it in a SE shirt. Then perhaps he'll be untouchable/undropable.
He has... vs Mali, Tanzania, Zambia, Cameroon, Argentina etc.

Most of our players didn’t have a good game vs Poland.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

felarey wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Iheanacho will be an automatic choice by Rohr for the World Cup. The only way he is not on the list is an injury. Take that to the bank. Two places at striker position already SEALED -- Iheanacho and Ighalo. There is just one position open. Bet on it.
It's not about who will likely be in Russia, if this thread was about betting on the final 23, hardly anyone would bet on Iheanacho not being there. You'd have to combine my two lists to see I agree with you to an extent. Not all the 23 players going to Russia are undroppable/untouchable. Rohr spent most of the second half in the Poland match and all of the Serbia game trying to get the attack going, he moved players around and switched them. Now he's called up two highly recommended newbies, surely that says where his mind is and no basis to call a career substitute untouchable/undroppable.
Felarey,

The call up of two newbies is not based on the Poland and Serbia game. It goes further than that and has nothing to do with Kelechi or Ighalo. I believe Rohr believes in those two. Kelechi has been prolific for Nigeria but his work rate is not the best. What Rohr is looking for in those invitations to fill his squad. The striker position has three spots, at the very least. Two of those have long been filled (Kele and Ighalo). What has been a problem is determining who joins them and no one has stepped up going back to the qualifiers where many were tried and they failed (Ideye, Onyekuru, Nwakaeme, Ajayi, Okechukwu, etc.). It went on in the Poland and Serbia game where no one stepped up for that third spot and hence the call up of Simy and Lokosa. IMHO, if those two fail (which is possible), then better believe that Musa or Iwobi will become that third option. In a sense, even if both Lokosa and Simy play well, one WILL BE DROPPED. Why? I believe there is only one spot left. If they play poorly, both will go home and Rohr will use Iwobi or Musa to fill that spot creating space for an extra midfielder to get in. In essence, the call up of those two has NOTHING TO DO with Ighalo and Iheanacho's play.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics