If I were Rohr, I would drop Joel and Aina

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mojojojo
Egg
Egg
If I were Rohr, I would drop Joel and Aina

Post by mojojojo »

Joel has done well but offers no clear advantages. I would pick Agu over Joel because he seems calmer and more aware. Agu's distribution is much better too. Joel always seems to be all over the place trying to do too much. It was evident when Agu came in for Joel in PH how our distribution and possession improved. Joel looked too eager. Agu has an ability to keep things simple and remain relatively fixed position wise akin to the role that Mikel played for Chelsea so that he always free and available for the ball. Agu lacks the aggressiveness of Joel when defending and Joel's natural football talent.

For me Joel does not have exceptional distribution nor does he provide great supply at set pieces. He is also not a goal threat like John Ogu. Also Joel is newer to the team.

Echiejile looked out of sorts in PH and I would have dropped him but Aina's introduction changed my mind. Idowu is first choice and if I had to choose a backup I would choose experience over youth especially in a team filled with young players. Echiejile, Onazi, Moses,Musa and Mikel are the only ones with world cup experience and are needed to steer the team.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: If I were Rohr, I would drop Joel and Aina

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

But you're not Rohr...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

we looked better in the second half because of Iwobi not Agu.

Agu was terrible in his previous cameo roles.

Joel offers far more going forward, more energy, more technique, and more versatility.

Agu isn't even good enough for his mediocre Turkish club where Shehu rooted him to the bench.

Agu offers nothing. What is the point of taking Agu, when Shehu is even better than him.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I would drop Nwankwo and Aina. Can't encourage monkey they work , baboon they chop. We will be oikay with Musa,Iheanacho, and Ighalo as our forwards. Can even use Iwobi as a false 9.
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Wed May 30, 2018 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
mojojojo
Egg
Egg

Post by mojojojo »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:But you're not Rohr...
Obviously
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

mojojojo wrote:Joel has done well but offers no clear advantages. I would pick Agu over Joel because he seems calmer and more aware. Agu's distribution is much better too. Joel always seems to be all over the place trying to do too much. It was evident when Agu came in for Joel in PH how our distribution and possession improved. Joel looked too eager. Agu has an ability to keep things simple and remain relatively fixed position wise akin to the role that Mikel played for Chelsea so that he always free and available for the ball. Agu lacks the aggressiveness of Joel when defending and Joel's natural football talent.

For me Joel does not have exceptional distribution nor does he provide great supply at set pieces. He is also not a goal threat like John Ogu. Also Joel is newer to the team.

Echiejile looked out of sorts in PH and I would have dropped him but Aina's introduction changed my mind. Idowu is first choice and if I had to choose a backup I would choose experience over youth especially in a team filled with young players. Echiejile, Onazi, Moses,Musa and Mikel are the only ones with world cup experience and are needed to steer the team.

How much is agu paying you to post this nonsense?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

mojojojo wrote:Joel has done well but offers no clear advantages. I would pick Agu over Joel because he seems calmer and more aware. Agu's distribution is much better too. Joel always seems to be all over the place trying to do too much. It was evident when Agu came in for Joel in PH how our distribution and possession improved. Joel looked too eager. Agu has an ability to keep things simple and remain relatively fixed position wise akin to the role that Mikel played for Chelsea so that he always free and available for the ball. Agu lacks the aggressiveness of Joel when defending and Joel's natural football talent.

Fair Enough. But, unless you know what his tactics will be I don’t think you can pick players for him. Tell us your tactics v Croatia and pick the players u think can execute.
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1 wrote:I would drop Nwankwo and Aina. Can't encourage monkey they work , baboon they chop. We will be oikay with Musa,Iheanacho, and Ighalo as our forwards. Can even use Iwobi as a false 9.

Dude are you off your meds?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

None of you is Rohr, so stop dropping players left and right,allow the real Rohr to do his work abeg.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

oloye wrote:None of you is Rohr, so stop dropping players left and right,allow the real Rohr to do his work abeg.
Tbf, nobody in CE is stopping Rohr from doing anything.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Two would still have to be dropped and some of you would guess right. The most important thing is - It's Rohr's decision
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

ohenhen1 wrote:I would drop Nwankwo and Aina. Can't encourage monkey they work , baboon they chop. We will be oikay with Musa,Iheanacho, and Ighalo as our forwards. Can even use Iwobi as a false 9.
Love the monkey dey work, baboon dey chop analogy.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

You still don't get the fact than Simy offers us an alternative attacking option. Will you prefer we stick to the same attacking routine for 90minutes without success?

I will drop Joel. Against Serbia at Barnet, he was a minus. Still yet to see what he brings to the table.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Goldleaf wrote:
You still don't get the fact than Simy offers us an alternative attacking option. Will you prefer we stick to the same attacking routine for 90minutes without success?

I will drop Joel. Against Serbia at Barnet, he was a minus. Still yet to see what he brings to the table.

He is not better than Awoniyi or Umar or Ideye brown. We don't need Nwankwo. He will just seat on the bench at the world cup. Musa is our speed alternative off the bench. Can use Musa speed in the 2nd half on long balls.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Internet coaches :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Thank God you are mojojojo and not ROHR.

By the time you guys help Rohr to drop his players I hope you will equally help him to share the trouble or query if your choices against his backfires... Make una pray for the team just forget about who is drop or not... that is why Rohr is smiling home mortgage they with over #10million
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:But you're not Rohr...
Which is worrying. Shaking mode activated :sad:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Not surprising..this is an Internet forum
wale1974 wrote:Internet coaches :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Goldleaf wrote:

:clap: :clap:

Simy has height and physical presence. Against all those short teams he will draw a lot of attention and you just keep crossing the ball or have the wide players cut inside.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

ohenhen1 wrote:I would drop Nwankwo and Aina. Can't encourage monkey they work , baboon they chop. .
If that's the case why werent you advocating against uzoho and Joel Obi.
Neither of whom played in the world cup qualifiers
and have been poor additions to the team.
Uzoho in particular is a ticking timebomb
at least Aina played in the world cup qualifiers
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

nanijoe wrote:Not surprising..this is an Internet forum
Preach brother. I often wonder about people that make such comments...and others on here saying “you’re not Rohr”. It’s like they forget that they are on a forum...whose primary purpose is to exchange ideas. If we all stopped talking because we are not Rohr ...or the nff...or buhari...then what on earth are we doing here?

Say you don’t like the man’s opinion. Say you don’t respect him...but all that nonsense about him not being Rohr is just trash.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I wouldn’t drop the two you choose!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

deanotito wrote:
nanijoe wrote:Not surprising..this is an Internet forum
Preach brother. I often wonder about people that make such comments...and others on here saying “you’re not Rohr”. It’s like they forget that they are on a forum...whose primary purpose is to exchange ideas. If we all stopped talking because we are not Rohr ...or the nff...or buhari...then what on earth are we doing here?

Say you don’t like the man’s opinion. Say you don’t respect him...but all that nonsense about him not being Rohr is just trash.
Before you defend him and condemn the respondents, take a look at the subject matter and the contents of his statement. Note that there is different between a suggestion, opinion and categorical statement. The guy was making a statement and telling people what he saw, pointing out reasons why so so and so should be dropped and replaced by player so so so. He drew an inference as if he knew what the players can totally offer... A man sounding out his opinion and making suggestions would say,
I think from my observation so far Rohr should do this or that if it coincide with his own observations... but I think I cannot judge by just one example of products two games I watched on the screen of my TV Set.
... Anyway, let's leave the manager to do his job... He is the one who know the players better than us and remember too he has so many technical people working with him too helping to access the players too.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!