IS THIS SENGALESE WOMAN QUALIFIED TO RUN FIFA

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
IS THIS SENGALESE WOMAN QUALIFIED TO RUN FIFA

Post by jette1 »

Ironically this was same question she remarked of people questioning her abilities but on racial grounds.
My question was rather triggered by what I heard her say and how she says it and not because of her gender or race. It’s about emotional maturity and political experience required of a Secretary General of FIFA
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: IS THIS SENGALESE WOMAN QUALIFIED TO RUN FIFA

Post by YUJAM »

She’s as qualified as the other Oyinbo makes there whose qualifications you’ve failed to
question.

Fatma Samoura: 'Some don't think a black woman should be leading Fifa' - BBC Sport

Fatma Samoura - the most powerful woman in sport
Fatma Samoura - the most powerful woman in sport
Some people do not think a black woman should lead Fifa, says Fatma Samoura - the first female secretary general of football's world governing body.

Samoura, 55, replaced Jerome Valcke in May 2016 after he was found guilty of misconduct and banned from football-related activity for 12 years.

She says the "glass ceiling has been broken" with her appointment.

Samoura, who previously worked for the UN, said: "I joined a male-dominated organisation. They are used to me now."

Speaking to the BBC as part of the 100 Women project, she added: "There are people who don't think that a black woman should be leading the administration of Fifa. It's sometimes as simple as that.

"It is something we are fighting on a daily basis on the pitch - I don't want any racist person around me.

"Nobody asks a man when he takes a position if he's competent to do the job. They just assume that he can do the job. For a woman to make her way up to the top - you need to prove every single day that you are the best fit for that position."

In April, Senegal-born Samoura was the subject of an investigation into an alleged conflict of interest concerning the Morocco 2026 World Cup bid. She was cleared of any wrongdoing and dismissed the claims as "laughable" and "unfortunate".

Along with overseeing the reform of football's governing body, Samoura was tasked with improving conditions for migrant workers constructing facilities for Qatar's 2022 World Cup.

"Over the past six months we haven't heard anything negative about the worker condition in Qatar," she said.

"It is is a strong sign that football can help change cultural behaviour, even in the more conservative society."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... l/44240317
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

jette1 wrote:Ironically this was same question she remarked of people questioning her abilities but on racial grounds.
My question was rather triggered by what I heard her say and how she says it and not because of her gender or race. It’s about emotional maturity and political experience required of a Secretary General of FIFA
Are you qualified to ask this question, considering your question is incoherent?

The Fifa sec gen job is a senior admin role in an international organisation. She has held senior roles at the UN and is fluent in English, French, Spanish and Italian. She is better qualified than previous holders.
http://www.naijiant.com/
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

cic old boy wrote:
jette1 wrote:Ironically this was same question she remarked of people questioning her abilities but on racial grounds.
Are you qualified to ask this question, considering your question is incoherent?

The Fifa sec gen job is a senior admin role in an international organisation. She has held senior roles at the UN and is fluent in English, French, Spanish and Italian. She is better qualified than previous holders.
:rotf: :rotf:
I was going to say something, but I promised not to yab jette again. :D
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cic old boy wrote:

KPOM. Nothing else to add.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ohsee wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

all these militancy simply because she is black and african; isn't this the same strategy applied in america by the whites to deny black man a seat at the table by offering the seat to the black woman knowing very well she would not rock the boat. Would it not be beneficial to us if we actually have more than a stooge on that seat.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

all these militancy simply because she is black and african; isn't this the same strategy applied in america by the whites to deny black man a seat at the table by offering the seat to the black woman knowing very well she would not rock the boat. Would it not be beneficial to us if we actually have more than a stooge on that seat.
You're really putting your foot in it big time.
You are basically saying she is incompetent, but on what basis?
What exactly is your problem?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

At no time have said she is incompetent; I however question the motive behind overlooking people with combination of international relation and football admin experience. she is obviously an outsider in football. Now what is your own problem.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

At no time have said she is incompetent; I however question the motive behind overlooking people with combination of international relation and football admin experience. she is obviously an outsider in football. Now what is your own problem.
My problem is trying to figure out how you think "a stooge" could possibly be anything but incompetent.
Then in the same breath you are saying the same 'stooge' is "militant".
That's my problem. :D
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

jette1 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
jette1 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

what were Hayatou, Valcke and Blatter's experience in football
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Jette is a victim of pervasive racist indoctrination. White supremacist thinking affects both blacks and whites. People have been conditioned into believing a black person is not qualified for the job and they would dance around looking for spurious justifications. We saw it with the commentary against Darren Moore getting the West Brom job.

There was an episode of "Sandford and Son" back in the day where Fred Sandford went to the dentist and saw a black dentist. He said he didn't want the black dentist treating him b/c he probably got his qualifications from a correspondence course. Where I used to work many years ago, a client demanded to see the manager and when a I came out to see him, a drunk black woman that walked into reception said: "You can't be the manager, the manager is supposed to be white".

People have been brainwashed into believing a black person can't possibly be in charge. The first black guy to be a police chief in the UK had 7 degrees. When he was asked why he kept collecting degrees, he said it was so that they won't have any excuses for not giving him a job.

Jette is repeating the same BS that black people face in the workplace. He would have been more comfortable with a black woman as a receptionist or cleaner. He claims the woman has no football experience. But football administrators come from all professions - advertising, law, politics, Wall St, etc. At Fifa Sec-Gen level, what you need is experience of strategic management and not technical experience.

When Jette throws in BS such as "emotional intelligence", he is implying a woman can't cut it at the level. That's just rubbish. This is a woman that has for over 20 years run UN operations in war zones and other humanitarian crises. That makes running a football organisation look like child's play.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

cic old boy wrote:People have been brainwashed into believing a black person can't possibly be in charge. .
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

cic old boy wrote:Jette is a victim of pervasive racist indoctrination. White supremacist thinking affects both blacks and whites. People have been conditioned into believing a black person is not qualified for the job and they would dance around looking for spurious justifications. We saw it with the commentary against Darren Moore getting the West Brom job.

There was an episode of "Sandford and Son" back in the day where Fred Sandford went to the dentist and saw a black dentist. He said he didn't want the black dentist treating him b/c he probably got his qualifications from a correspondence course. Where I used to work many years ago, a client demanded to see the manager and when a I came out to see him, a drunk black woman that walked into reception said: "You can't be the manager, the manager is supposed to be white".

People have been brainwashed into believing a black person can't possibly be in charge. The first black guy to be a police chief in the UK had 7 degrees. When he was asked why he kept collecting degrees, he said it was so that they won't have any excuses for not giving him a job.

Jette is repeating the same BS that black people face in the workplace. He would have been more comfortable with a black woman as a receptionist or cleaner. He claims the woman has no football experience. But football administrators come from all professions - advertising, law, politics, Wall St, etc. At Fifa Sec-Gen level, what you need is experience of strategic management and not technical experience.

When Jette throws in BS such as "emotional intelligence", he is implying a woman can't cut it at the level. That's just rubbish. This is a woman that has for over 20 years run UN operations in war zones and other humanitarian crises. That makes running a football organisation look like child's play.
cic,

What Jette1 does not understand is that this lady may be more qualified than many guys who administer football today at the highest levels. This is an organization rotten to the core with administrators managing the organization as if it was their personal fiefdom. What such an organization needs is exactly the like of Samoura who is not in the first place entrenched in the stench. She is probably one of the first professional managers in such a position and the criticism is about her race and gender. Ridiculous.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

The Gang of 3 do you feel better now that finished venting.
And CIC replying to your rant would only make it credible. it is completely off point.

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Enugu II wrote:
cic,

What Jette1 does not understand is that this lady may be more qualified than many guys who administer football today at the highest levels. This is an organization rotten to the core with administrators managing the organization as if it was their personal fiefdom. What such an organization needs is exactly the like of Samoura who is not in the first place entrenched in the stench. She is probably one of the first professional managers in such a position and the criticism is about her race and gender. Ridiculous.
Very true, my brother. Carol Moseley Braun said that "black people and women suffer from a presumption of incompetence. The burdens of proof are different."
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

jette1 wrote:
ohsee wrote:
cic old boy wrote:

I don't know if you live in America or where but your assumption is just wrong. I have seen a lot of strong willed and capable black women in my time here. So frankly to make that assumption you did is insulting and mysoginistic to say the least.

Please why do you question her qualifications and/or appointment? Is there anything pointing to her not capable of doing the job?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote:The Gang of 3 do you feel better now that finished venting.
And CIC replying to your rant would only make it credible. it is completely off point.
You are now playing the victim card, right? :lol: :lol: :loh

The fact that it hasnt even remotely occurred to you that your post is without merit is quite worrying.
If you are so confident, why not address the objections raised rather than claiming you've been gang-banged?

You know CIC doesn't roll with anybody.
Enugu II is always intellectually sound.
Even if I am the rabid tribalist you love to label me, do they strike you as people that would join my 'gang'?

You too, think am well nah... :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

:bump:
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Jette.

Hmmmm Walk away from this one brother...walk away.

Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Jette is a seriously weird wanker. Is this guy serious stable?
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Jette is even worse than I thought.

He probably thinks he is a white man.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Kabalega wrote:Jette is even worse than I thought.

He probably thinks he is a white man.
:rotf: :
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

cic old boy wrote:

Very response CIC and so, I have nothing to add :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.