How serious is Salah's injury?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: How serious is Salah's injury?

Post by cic old boy »

ohsee wrote: Chief, why should Karius, abi na Klarus, be slapped for crumbling under pressure? Some people are not mentally tough enough for the heat of battle, either through inherent make up, or emotional immaturity. If you make a person known to fall asleep at night duty as your sentry during a period of marauding night raids, who is responsible if your unit gets massacred? Klopp and his goalkeeper coaches failed both in not preparing the goalkeeper for the 100% mental alertness of such a game, and in having him in there. A more experienced goalkeeper like Mignolet would not have made such mistakes in this kind of game. The occasion and the team he was facing ultimately proved too much for Karius. I don't blame him at all. I blame Klopp and the goalie coaches.
Nna, Klarus was playing precisely b/c Mignolet had dropped waaaay too many clangers - including letting in a shot like Bale's 2nd goal on more than one occasion.

I think Klopp may lack the ruthlessness of the very top coaches. See what Pep did to Hart and Bravo. Anyway, I doubt if Klarus or Mignolet will be keeping for Liverpool next season.
http://www.naijiant.com/
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

cic old boy wrote:
ohsee wrote: Chief, why should Karius, abi na Klarus, be slapped for crumbling under pressure? Some people are not mentally tough enough for the heat of battle, either through inherent make up, or emotional immaturity. If you make a person known to fall asleep at night duty as your sentry during a period of marauding night raids, who is responsible if your unit gets massacred? Klopp and his goalkeeper coaches failed both in not preparing the goalkeeper for the 100% mental alertness of such a game, and in having him in there. A more experienced goalkeeper like Mignolet would not have made such mistakes in this kind of game. The occasion and the team he was facing ultimately proved too much for Karius. I don't blame him at all. I blame Klopp and the goalie coaches.
Nna, Klarus was playing precisely b/c Mignolet had dropped waaaay too many clangers - including letting in a shot like Bale's 2nd goal on more than one occasion.

I think Klopp may lack the ruthlessness of the very top coaches. See what Pep did to Hart and Bravo. Anyway, I doubt if Klarus or Mignolet will be keeping for Liverpool next season.
Nna, yes, but Mignolet did not make TWO terrible mistakes in a Champions League final. Karius did. Making mistakes during the regular season is one thing; making them in a crucial game is another. In a situation of tremendous pressure, it is always best to go with experience. When you have two bad goalkeepers, the one with more experience is less likely to panic. And make TWO game losing mistakes.
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

oloye wrote:As a former defender I have taken out a few in my days....there are many ways you can maim a player in front of a ref.

That said being dirty does not mean you set out to harm the opponent, it is simply resorting to every underhand tactics to stop your opponents. A tug here, a neck hold there, a scratch there, a deliberate leaving of the foot in the way or a knee in the harm string or side of the thigh.

The one that comes easy for me back in the day is to head the soft side of player's head with my forehead,most times the game ends for the striker.

Another is deliberately leaving the ball while inviting the unsuspecting player to believe he has a free ball...the result of the tsunami sweep that will follow of a rough sandy pitch is devastating enough to leave a lasting impression.
Ramos is dirty on many levels, after getting Salah off, his attention shifted to Mane, going down and rolling around like he was hit by a molue....that guy is a slimy grime from the latrine pit.

But hey, I admire Ramos, he is what I believe about defending ,doing everything to stop a player....that was my policy. But 24 red cards translates the intention into one word....'dirty'.

Anyone is free to continue to argue against Ramos.....his lunge at Messi in a two footed attack for me remain an image and the point where I started using the word dirty to describe...like someone said he thrives on the edge.
Oloye, you and Chris Edem , na the same wickedness dey una blood. His sweeping too was too swift and clean lol. And was Briht Omoakro that crazy as described by Chris..I never really had any opportunity to see him play any league match then?
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

dhoney wrote:
oloye wrote:As a former defender I have taken out a few in my days....there are many ways you can maim a player in front of a ref.

That said being dirty does not mean you set out to harm the opponent, it is simply resorting to every underhand tactics to stop your opponents. A tug here, a neck hold there, a scratch there, a deliberate leaving of the foot in the way or a knee in the harm string or side of the thigh.

The one that comes easy for me back in the day is to head the soft side of player's head with my forehead,most times the game ends for the striker.

Another is deliberately leaving the ball while inviting the unsuspecting player to believe he has a free ball...the result of the tsunami sweep that will follow of a rough sandy pitch is devastating enough to leave a lasting impression.
Ramos is dirty on many levels, after getting Salah off, his attention shifted to Mane, going down and rolling around like he was hit by a molue....that guy is a slimy grime from the latrine pit.

But hey, I admire Ramos, he is what I believe about defending ,doing everything to stop a player....that was my policy. But 24 red cards translates the intention into one word....'dirty'.

Anyone is free to continue to argue against Ramos.....his lunge at Messi in a two footed attack for me remain an image and the point where I started using the word dirty to describe...like someone said he thrives on the edge.
Oloye, you and Chris Edem , na the same wickedness dey una blood. His sweeping too was too swift and clean lol. And was Briht Omoakro that crazy as described by Chris..I never really had any opportunity to see him play any league match then?
Dhoney
Bright was a no nonsense guy, a meaner version of Ramos. He is hard as a nail and does not like losing , so he is ready like they say to take one for the team. I played against him a couple of times, and I used to laugh every time he makes his entrance into the dressing room. At first I found him intimidating,but after a while one got used to him.

I suspect he is high on weeds when he comes in for matches, those red glowering glazed looks....would be hard to deny were not induced.

He comes in kitted up in iron studs...even when the ground is a hard as a rock, and he starts this warming up routine that leaves no one in doubt he is going into battle.

The story of how he almost maimed Monday Agbontaen was legendary back, Monday was a skillful player who does not fear anyone. It was said Monday dribbled Bright....well when attempted it again...Bright delivered his patented 10-10 tackle which almost destroyed his knee. Thank God he recovered to continue his career.

One thing I love Bright for...he would defend with every part of his body. Most of his tackles were not to maim, but to intimidate...but as he demonstrated, he would take you out if he had to,just ask the Algerian guy.

By the way my own nor be wickedness, I go tell you sorry as soon as you get up,after all na only g and nor be fight.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Some people are funny.

Ramos pulled Mo Salah down and held on too long just to make sure, yet some are claiming there was no foul.
its incredible.Someone said Salah should have taken his arm out..

Only on CE.
Commot, picture dey for game thread Salah was holding Ramos not the other way around, you guys need to stop making up conspiracy theories mschew, why not go with Real paid Liverpool’s goalie off :dream: :dream:

There is a picture alright, of one player hooking another as they are going down. You are a madrid fan. i dont expect you to be rational when it comes to this.

Im sure the way you see it, Karius also used his face to jam the Real player's elbow in the clip in the game thread as well. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:

Dhoney
Bright was a no nonsense guy, a meaner version of Ramos. He is hard as a nail and does not like losing , so he is ready like they say to take one for the team. I played against him a couple of times, and I used to laugh every time he makes his entrance into the dressing room. At first I found him intimidating,but after a while one got used to him.

I suspect he is high on weeds when he comes in for matches, those red glowering glazed looks....would be hard to deny were not induced.

He comes in kitted up in iron studs...even when the ground is a hard as a rock, and he starts this warming up routine that leaves no one in doubt he is going into battle.

The story of how he almost maimed Monday Agbontaen was legendary back, Monday was a skillful player who does not fear anyone. It was said Monday dribbled Bright....well when attempted it again...Bright delivered his patented 10-10 tackle which almost destroyed his knee. Thank God he recovered to continue his career.

One thing I love Bright for...he would defend with every part of his body. Most of his tackles were not to maim, but to intimidate...but as he demonstrated, he would take you out if he had to,just ask the Algerian guy.

By the way my own nor be wickedness, I go tell you sorry as soon as you get up,after all na only g and nor be fight.

Very interesting ... :D :D
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Enugu II[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I really hope the injury is not too bad and can recover on time to play at the WC. I don't blame Ramos for the injury because Salah put himself in the position where Ramos could tackle and take him out cynically.
Its a Goal,

Na real wa for this your opinion. How do you blame the victim, bros? Ramos was dirty on that play and not even a foul was called. I hope that one day football administrators will wisen up and use video to determine penalty, even after a game. Ramos should not walk away from this if administrators wise up. It was just a ridiculous foul, if you ask me.
I am not blaming Salah either but you have to accept when the two of them were tussling for the ball there was a probability that either of them would commit a foul rather injure one other. They were arm wrestling initially but Salah was in a better position to run on to the ball and win possession. The sensible thing for Ramos to do was wrestle him down to the ground and the only way to do that was to continue to hold on Salah's arm. Salah could have initially opted not to arm wrestle but as a footballer your instincts is to get the ball at all cost, unless you are Ozil :D.
Kai Ozil. Funny and sad at the same time but true. :oops:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
Bouncer
Egg
Egg

Post by Bouncer »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I am so vexed , Ramos will get his...big ups to my cousin sane , for slapping the crap out of that loser... for Ramos own good, he "best" pray Mo is fit for Russia, cos he is going to be a marked man.
What stupid, silly gasbag comment is this? Some of you are really idiots.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Tbite wrote:Hope Ramos gets his.
Amen to that!
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Kabalega wrote:Some people are funny.

Ramos pulled Mo Salah down and held on too long just to make sure, yet some are claiming there was no foul.
y!

Exactly! And held on while rolling over Mo just like WWF move of Tapping Out! I was thinking his should was pulled out of the socket. Thank God that did not happen,
Olayemi14
Egg
Egg

Post by Olayemi14 »

oloye wrote:
dhoney wrote:

Dhoney

Watched him live at Adamasigba when Shootin played the SE before the '94 WC. I believe the SE avoided playing through him while Shootin did the same with Ugbade. Prior to that i had never seen a guy defend with their entire body including a few elbows that missed their targets.
Active member of the JOM & JM Fan Clubs. Baba Eleran of Chelsea FC.
soccernut
Egg
Egg

Post by soccernut »

Ramos ought to be heavily fined for that Jiu-Jitsu move.He locked Salah's arm and made sure he didn't release it until they both hit the grass -- at which point you can see Salah's hand hit the pitch and his arm rotates before breaking free. To think that Salah wasn't even anywhere near Ramos' goal, that is pure wickedness!