How serious is Salah's injury?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg
Re: How serious is Salah's injury?

Post by Heliopolis »

txj wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Apparently ligament damage. He should be OK for the tourney.
Klopp says otherwise...
I don't believe that any of the news sources have authority to speak.

British press saying dislocated shoulder or ligament injury.

Egyptian FA (which cannot be trusted) is saying he'll be fine in 3 weeks.

Lets see what the medical reports say tomorrow.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Update: #Egypt Football Association: X-ray revealed that @MoSalah suffers from a sprain in the shoulder joint. Medical team of the Egyptian national team is optimistic about @MoSalah participation in the World Cup! twitter.com/Pharaohs…
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote:Update: #Egypt Football Association: X-ray revealed that @MoSalah suffers from a sprain in the shoulder joint. Medical team of the Egyptian national team is optimistic about @MoSalah participation in the World Cup! twitter.com/Pharaohs…

Again that's not what LFC are saying atm...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

YUJAM wrote:Oh cmon. They tangled and Salah fell awkwardly. I doubt Ramos was trying to break his collarbone
...a dirty player will always know how to tangle and injure you. Watch the fall again, and see how he threw his weight on Salah's body and arm.

As a player, one thing I fear is to never jam/tangle with huge guy unless our winning depends on it, and I am willing to pay the price which I have quite a few.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

YUJAM wrote:Update: #Egypt Football Association: X-ray revealed that @MoSalah suffers from a sprain in the shoulder joint. Medical team of the Egyptian national team is optimistic about @MoSalah participation in the World Cup! twitter.com/Pharaohs…
They are full of crap. The tweet stems from the Egyptian FA doctor calling Liverpool medical staff. Unless the doctor was on site to physically examine Salah he has no business talking.
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

mcal wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Oh cmon. They tangled and Salah fell awkwardly. I doubt Ramos was trying to break his collarbone
...a dirty player will always know how to tangle and injure you. Watch the fall again, and see how he threw his weight on Salah's body and arm.

As a player, one thing I fear is to never jam/tangle with huge guy unless our winning depends on it, and I am willing to pay the price which I have quite a few.
Doesn't look delibrate to me. They tangled and fell. Just an unfortunate accident.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

imehjunior wrote:
mcal wrote:

Doesn't look delibrate to me. They tangled and fell. Just an unfortunate accident.
...Salah vs any other player may be not deliberate. But with Ramos, in fact most defensive midfielders are tough and rough, they know their onions on how to hurt you without the ref calling it against them.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Hope Ramos gets his.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

An XRay can't show a 'sprain' o....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Its a Goal wrote:I really hope the injury is not too bad and can recover on time to play at the WC. I don't blame Ramos for the injury because Salah put himself in the position where Ramos could tackle and take him out cynically.
Its a Goal,

Na real wa for this your opinion. How do you blame the victim, bros? Ramos was dirty on that play and not even a foul was called. I hope that one day football administrators will wisen up and use video to determine penalty, even after a game. Ramos should not walk away from this if administrators wise up. It was just a ridiculous foul, if you ask me.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun May 27, 2018 12:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

That looked more like a hyper extended ligament injury. Lucky it was not a dislocation given how he landed on the shoulder.. while I doubt Ramos set up to inflict major harm on Salah, that was a very dangerous play. Reminds me of the play that took out Kevin Love in 2015 playoff gm vs. Celtics.

He will be fine & ready for WC IMO given the best medical attention he will get. The concern will be how the shoulder could affect certain movements such as jumping
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Damunk wrote:
An XRay can't show a 'sprain' o....
Lol!! I was wondering same.
They probably meant xray did not show any dislocation hence it has tp be a ligament sprain or tear..

If it was a dislocation, bobo would not have been able to come back to the field and would have been in an arm sling ASAP!! I stand corrected
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I don’t know how anyone can blame Oga Ramos for two men falling, people saying why didn’t Ramos move his arm, how about Salah? Why didn’t he commot his hand? Mschew!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Just saw a picture on IG with mo.salah and saltbea, mo had a shoulder holder , seems he will be ok, he was able to move the shoulder back and forth, our AFOY will be fine for Russia
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Enugu II[/color] wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I really hope the injury is not too bad and can recover on time to play at the WC. I don't blame Ramos for the injury because Salah put himself in the position where Ramos could tackle and take him out cynically.
Its a Goal,

Na real wa for this your opinion. How do you blame the victim, bros? Ramos was dirty on that play and not even a foul was called. I hope that one day football administrators will wisen up and use video to determine penalty, even after a game. Ramos should not walk away from this if administrators wise up. It was just a ridiculous foul, if you ask me.
I am not blaming Salah either but you have to accept when the two of them were tussling for the ball there was a probability that either of them would commit a foul rather injure one other. They were arm wrestling initially but Salah was in a better position to run on to the ball and win possession. The sensible thing for Ramos to do was wrestle him down to the ground and the only way to do that was to continue to hold on Salah's arm. Salah could have initially opted not to arm wrestle but as a footballer your instincts is to get the ball at all cost, unless you are Ozil :D.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Field Marshall for a bloody good reason. Break the law for the cause. They don’t make them like Booker T.Ramos anymore. Master and legend.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I would always want a player like Ramos in my team all day long. He doesn't take prisoners and is never afraid to sacrifice himself for the team.

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

bk-one wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:Ramos is a POS. If it was one incident I'd give him the benefit of the doubt but his track record speaks for itself. He's the most carded player ever (!) and has 24 reds to his name.

I can't see Salah being fit during the WC. Whether its a sprain, broken bone, or dislocation, there's little chance he'll be 100% in 3 weeks time. Its too bad because Egypt might as well withdraw from the tournament if he's out.

As much as I respect real madrid as a club....the likes of Casemiro and Ramos are making it difficult to like that club.....its weird how people are calling barcelona eufalona but still oblivious of the BS real madrid is getting away with...it was not the first time we have seen stuff like that from real madrid...they got away with it against bayern, against psg...e.t.c....but we have to blame eufa referees coz they are the one letting them get away with it.....just hope that var is gonna be introduced soon in the champions league coz the likes of madrid dont need help from the referees coz they already have world class players
That was a MMA fighter take down........Ramos is a clown.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Some people are funny.

Ramos pulled Mo Salah down and held on too long just to make sure, yet some are claiming there was no foul.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:I don’t know how anyone can blame Oga Ramos for two men falling, people saying why didn’t Ramos move his arm, how about Salah? Why didn’t he commot his hand? Mschew!
My guy stop that talk, I'm a defender and I know so many ways to hurt an attacker without it looking too obvious.
Ramos meant that.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Kabalega wrote:Some people are funny.

Ramos pulled Mo Salah down and held on too long just to make sure, yet some are claiming there was no foul.

Some people are just wicked
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Kabalega wrote:Some people are funny.

its incredible.Someone said Salah should have taken his arm out..

Only on CE.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16