How serious is Salah's injury?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: How serious is Salah's injury?

Post by green4life »

This game is a physical game. In my opinion, Ramos did not mean to injure Sallah. Liverpool came out with that early press which means a lot of inflicting physical contact on R. Madrid. Listen, Real Madrid are serial winners for more reasons than one so they weren't going to back down and set out to neutralize Pool on their physicality 'edge' then subsequently over power them with quality. I think the referee on issued one yellow card (to mane) the whole game. My point is you analyze based on the context of the game which holds that both sides went in physically and during this one tussle out of many, Sallah unfortunately came up injured. Is Ramos a Saint? F no. What he is is a talented warrior who will battle for his troop usually leading on the front line which is why he gets lost of red cards. So I do appreciate why many folks hate his guts and want to see him lose but the main culprit is Klarius and the Liverpool board that foolishly decided that minolet + Klarius are good enough to get the job done. That decision spectacularly blew up in their faces today and the player needs to be slapped is Klarius shedding crocodile tears at the end after sabotaging the efforts of his teammates. So direct your anger at the right place and not at Ramos.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
Kabalega wrote:Some people are funny.

Ramos pulled Mo Salah down and held on too long just to make sure, yet some are claiming there was no foul.
its incredible.Someone said Salah should have taken his arm out..

Only on CE.
Commot, picture dey for game thread Salah was holding Ramos not the other way around, you guys need to stop making up conspiracy theories mschew, why not go with Real paid Liverpool’s goalie off :dream: :dream:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Its a Goal wrote:I would always want a player like Ramos in my team all day long. He doesn't take prisoners and is never afraid to sacrifice himself for the team.
Are you really ok? Ramos intensionally wanted to break Salams arm because what I saw it would have being a broken arm..

Fighting for your team does not mean trying to injure or reduce the career of a potential European player of the year.

Ramos is pure evil not a great player
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He’s never been easy. He’s tough as nails. But he’s also a great player. One of the best in his position in recent years

osita wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I would always want a player like Ramos in my team all day long. He doesn't take prisoners and is never afraid to sacrifice himself for the team.
Are you really ok? Ramos intensionally wanted to break Salams arm because what I saw it would have being a broken arm..

Fighting for your team does not mean trying to injure or reduce the career of a potential European player of the year.

Ramos is pure evil not a great player
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bret- hart wrote:Its not looking good.
No! It didn't look good and it's not looking good at all. I hope the injury is not as serious as many of us are thinking it is
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
dhoney
Egg
Egg

Post by dhoney »

Enugu II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I really hope the injury is not too bad and can recover on time to play at the WC. I don't blame Ramos for the injury because Salah put himself in the position where Ramos could tackle and take him out cynically.
Its a Goal,

Na real wa for this your opinion. How do you blame the victim, bros? Ramos was dirty on that play and not even a foul was called. I hope that one day football administrators will wisen up and use video to determine penalty, even after a game. Ramos should not walk away from this if administrators wise up. It was just a ridiculous foul, if you ask me.
EII, A player with 24 red cards is apparently a dirty one. I could recall years back being shown by Christoper Edem of blessed memory how Bright Omokaro used to "damage" tough guys back in the days . The demonstration he gave is the exact way this Ramos used against Salah. Chris specifically mentioned that once Omokaro had a good grip on your hand, he would run with you and take you down as hard as he could and slam you and any part of your body that touches the ground is gone. He gave me an expample how he used this to take out a tough Abdul Sule then, infact he said Sule had to be to be taken to teh hospital cos he landed with his face and he was bloodied and nearly passed out. If you have played semi or full pro soccer pretty well, you would know this is a clear dangerous play and was intentional.
And Jesus said to the only leper that came back to thank Him after He healed ten.... "Chai....na only you waka come?".
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Odas wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Its not looking good.
No! It didn't look good and it's not looking good at all. I hope the injury is not as serious as many of us are thinking it is
The injury is not that bad.... there is no ligament in the shoulder to be damaged. Ur shoulder is surrounded by tough tendons called rotator cuff. If he dislocated his shoulder he would have damaged his labrum a cartilage around the shoulder.

From what I saw, if it is not a broken collar bone, he will go to the WC. The only thing he won’t be able to do is put his arm around his back
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Orion wrote:Would be devastating for him to miss the world cup Egypt qualified for after 27 years. Hopefully, the x-ray will show it's not too bad.
egypt apparently was in south africa world cup 27 years ago ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Enugu II wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:I really hope the injury is not too bad and can recover on time to play at the WC. I don't blame Ramos for the injury because Salah put himself in the position where Ramos could tackle and take him out cynically.
Its a Goal,

Na real wa for this your opinion. How do you blame the victim, bros? Ramos was dirty on that play and not even a foul was called. I hope that one day football administrators will wisen up and use video to determine penalty, even after a game. Ramos should not walk away from this if administrators wise up. It was just a ridiculous foul, if you ask me.
I agree and I am wondering what he means by Salah put himself in that position. Recall how France took out Onazi - I believe that is what Ramos did.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

Kabalega wrote:Some people are funny.

Ramos pulled Mo Salah down and held on too long just to make sure, yet some are claiming there was no foul.
The bias stems from the team they supporting or the team they don't want to win.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

jette1 wrote:
Orion wrote:Would be devastating for him to miss the world cup Egypt qualified for after 27 years. Hopefully, the x-ray will show it's not too bad.
Egypt was not in SA.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

lacidi wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Egypt was not in SA.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

jette is on some expired sheeeet, mehn! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Ramos would be found out the world cup, unless Spain don't bring him. The refs watched and would be watching.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

mcal wrote:...Ramos would be found out the world cup, unless Spain don't bring him. The refs watched and would be watching.
Found out? :lol: No need to be butt hurt. Winners find a way to win and Ramos has won every trophy including the World Cup yet he will be found out? This delusion get as e be.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

It was a foul. Ramos plays on the edge - that's why he's won many titles. The intention was to stop Salah, by fair or foul means, and not to injure him. I think the problem was from how Salah landed. Football is a contact sport. 99.9% of the time Salah would have come out of that tussle unscathed. It was just rotten luck.
http://www.naijiant.com/
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Not to dwell on this, game's over; congrats to RM and we move on to next season...But anyone who truly understands football will tell you, that the injury was not simply down to rotten luck....It's not that simple..

@G4L,
The game changed on Salah's injury. Don't know if LFC could've won with Salah, but the balance of the game with him on the field had 'pool shading it. In this game, LFC could not afford any injuries to key players, given the players already hurt/recovering.

From the point Salah left, it became an impossible task. The two GK errors merely compounded a bad situation.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Aaah, Chief Oga Tx, there you are, nno!...Hugo Not Loris Karius, cliche, if memory serves correct.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

As a former defender I have taken out a few in my days....there are many ways you can maim a player in front of a ref.

That said being dirty does not mean you set out to harm the opponent, it is simply resorting to every underhand tactics to stop your opponents. A tug here, a neck hold there, a scratch there, a deliberate leaving of the foot in the way or a knee in the harm string or side of the thigh.

The one that comes easy for me back in the day is to head the soft side of player's head with my forehead,most times the game ends for the striker.

Another is deliberately leaving the ball while inviting the unsuspecting player to believe he has a free ball...the result of the tsunami sweep that will follow of a rough sandy pitch is devastating enough to leave a lasting impression.
Ramos is dirty on many levels, after getting Salah off, his attention shifted to Mane, going down and rolling around like he was hit by a molue....that guy is a slimy grime from the latrine pit.

But hey, I admire Ramos, he is what I believe about defending ,doing everything to stop a player....that was my policy. But 24 red cards translates the intention into one word....'dirty'.

Anyone is free to continue to argue against Ramos.....his lunge at Messi in a two footed attack for me remain an image and the point where I started using the word dirty to describe...like someone said he thrives on the edge.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

http://www.naijiant.com/
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

green4life wrote:
mcal wrote:...Ramos would be found out the world cup, unless Spain don't bring him. The refs watched and would be watching.
Found out? :lol: No need to be butt hurt. Winners find a way to win and Ramos has won every trophy including the World Cup yet he will be found out? This delusion get as e be.
...yes, I sad it, he will see a red and that's a huge embarrassment at the world. I don't care if he has won the moon and mars.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

green4life wrote:This game is a physical game. In my opinion, Ramos did not mean to injure Sallah. Liverpool came out with that early press which means a lot of inflicting physical contact on R. Madrid. Listen, Real Madrid are serial winners for more reasons than one so they weren't going to back down and set out to neutralize Pool on their physicality 'edge' then subsequently over power them with quality. I think the referee on issued one yellow card (to mane) the whole game. My point is you analyze based on the context of the game which holds that both sides went in physically and during this one tussle out of many, Sallah unfortunately came up injured. Is Ramos a Saint? F no. What he is is a talented warrior who will battle for his troop usually leading on the front line which is why he gets lost of red cards. So I do appreciate why many folks hate his guts and want to see him lose but the main culprit is Klarius and the Liverpool board that foolishly decided that minolet + Klarius are good enough to get the job done. That decision spectacularly blew up in their faces today and the player needs to be slapped is Klarius shedding crocodile tears at the end after sabotaging the efforts of his teammates. So direct your anger at the right place and not at Ramos.
Chief, why should Karius, abi na Klarus, be slapped for crumbling under pressure? Some people are not mentally tough enough for the heat of battle, either through inherent make up, or emotional immaturity. If you make a person known to fall asleep at night duty as your sentry during a period of marauding night raids, who is responsible if your unit gets massacred? Klopp and his goalkeeper coaches failed both in not preparing the goalkeeper for the 100% mental alertness of such a game, and in having him in there. A more experienced goalkeeper like Mignolet would not have made such mistakes in this kind of game. The occasion and the team he was facing ultimately proved too much for Karius. I don't blame him at all. I blame Klopp and the goalie coaches.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

cic old boy wrote:It was a foul. Ramos plays on the edge - that's why he's won many titles. The intention was to stop Salah, by fair or foul means, and not to injure him. I think the problem was from how Salah landed. Football is a contact sport. 99.9% of the time Salah would have come out of that tussle unscathed. It was just rotten luck.
I agree 100%.