Eagles are group D’s most dangerous team, says Croatia coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Eagles are group D’s most dangerous team, says Croatia coach

Post by Sir V »

Mind games.But everyone knows the winner of the match has a great chance to qualify from the group.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/eag ... tia-coach/

Eagles are group D’s most dangerous team, says Croatia coach ON MAY 27, 20185:54 AMIN SPORTS0 COMMENTS Croatia coach, Zlatko Dalic has tagged the Super Eagles as the most dangerous team in the group D match up of the FIFA World Cup tournament starting in Russia next month.

Super Eagles Consequently, Dalic stated that his preparations are geared towards winning the match against Nigeria billed for June 16 to guarantee his team’s advance to the next stage.

“The match against Nigeria will be key to our group. We are playing against an African side, they have a German coach that has changed their style of play and mentality. He has introduced many young players who are hungry and ambitious. This is going to be the toughest game for us,” said Dalic

“For me the match against Argentina is going to be easiest match in the group. Though they are one of the favourites to win the World Cup, they have Lionel Messi, but it is easy to play against a team you already know,” added the coach.

He has slashed his provisional World Cup squad to 24 players from 32 and will axe one more player by the June 4 deadline for next month’s tournament in Russia.

There were no real surprises with household names such as Luka Modric, Ivan Rakitic, Mario Mandzukic and Ivan Perisic expected to carry Croatia’s main hopes of reaching the knockout stages.

“We need two quality players in each position and I see our versatile striker Mandzukic leading the line because that’s his natural position,” Dalic told a news conference.

“I can’t make everyone happy but the World Cup is not the time or place for sweeping changes. I have decided to rely on tried and tested stalwarts and a bit of fresh blood.

” Croatia will play friendlies against Brazil on June 3 at Anfield and Senegal on home spoil in Osijek on June 8.

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
akamoke
Re: Eagles are group D’s most dangerous team, says Croatia c

Post by akamoke »

Croatia will be tough to beat
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

I still think we are going to draw the game and have 4 points in the bag before we play Argentina
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mr Shows wrote:I still think we are going to draw the game and have 4 points in the bag before we play Argentina

I guess Iceland is there to sell ice cream :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:I still think we are going to draw the game and have 4 points in the bag before we play Argentina

I guess Iceland is there to sell ice cream :laugh:
...because na dem specialty as we bring African heat :laugh:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Sir V wrote:Mind games.But everyone knows the winner of the match has a great chance to qualify from the group.

Eagles are group D’s most dangerous team, says Croatia coach ON MAY 27, 20185:54 AMIN SPORTS0 COMMENTS Croatia coach, Zlatko Dalic has tagged the Super Eagles as the most dangerous team in the group D match up of the FIFA World Cup tournament starting in Russia next month.

Super Eagles Consequently, Dalic stated that his preparations are geared towards winning the match against Nigeria billed for June 16 to guarantee his team’s advance to the next stage.

“The match against Nigeria will be key to our group. We are playing against an African side, they have a German coach that has changed their style of play and mentality. He has introduced many young players who are hungry and ambitious. This is going to be the toughest game for us,” said Dalic

“For me the match against Argentina is going to be easiest match in the group. Though they are one of the favourites to win the World Cup, they have Lionel Messi, but it is easy to play against a team you already know,” added the coach.

He has slashed his provisional World Cup squad to 24 players from 32 and will axe one more player by the June 4 deadline for next month’s tournament in Russia.

There were no real surprises with household names such as Luka Modric, Ivan Rakitic, Mario Mandzukic and Ivan Perisic expected to carry Croatia’s main hopes of reaching the knockout stages.

“We need two quality players in each position and I see our versatile striker Mandzukic leading the line because that’s his natural position,” Dalic told a news conference.

“I can’t make everyone happy but the World Cup is not the time or place for sweeping changes. I have decided to rely on tried and tested stalwarts and a bit of fresh blood.

” Croatia will play friendlies against Brazil on June 3 at Anfield and Senegal on home spoil in Osijek on June 8.

Una sure sey na the Croatia coach talk this one?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
Sir V wrote:Mind games.But everyone knows the winner of the match has a great chance to qualify from the group.

Una sure sey na the Croatia coach talk this one?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: i came in to type the same as soon as i got to this line
The match against Nigeria will be key to our group. We are playing against an African side, they have a German coach that has changed their style of play and mentality. He has introduced many young players who are hungry and ambitious. This is going to be the toughest game for us,
:rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

akamoke wrote:Croatia will be tough to beat
If we get a draw against them I will celebrate! Croatia midfield and attack is no joke. Their defense is their only weakness!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Undertaker wrote:
akamoke wrote:Croatia will be tough to beat
If we get a draw against them I will celebrate! Croatia midfield and attack is no joke. Their defense is their only weakness!

On paper they are unbeatable but they've never done proved it. It's all about tempo v Croatia. If we're going to soak up pressure we can't allow them free will to build up as they wish. I see Rohr opting for a 343 when attacking and 352 on defense, As much as I dey shake for them deep down I think we have a good shot at a narrow win.
OCCUPY NFF!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Iceland are definitely the underdogs of group D, they will shock a lot of people with their compact football
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dem don insult Iceland finish for this group. Kai!
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Just realised that It is almost 20 years since Croatia managed third place at the 1998 World Cup and they failed to get passed the group stage in the last three World Cup they played in and failed to qualify for South Africa.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt