Egyptian FA: Salah's chances of playing World Cup are high

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Egyptian FA: Salah's chances of playing World Cup are high

Post by Sir V »

Wish Mo Salah a speedy recovery. Ramos na bad guy.

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/e ... high-94021

27 May at 10:00
The Egyptian Football Association have confirmed that the chances of Mohamed Salah playing the World Cup for the country are high.

The Liverpool superstar sustained a heavy shoulder injury after having been tackled down by Sergio Ramos in the final of the UEFA Champions League yesterday. The forward was forced off as he broke down, with many fearing that he will miss the World Cup.

While Jurgen Klopp did tell in his post-match press conference that Salah could miss the World Cup, the Egyptian FA have revealed in a recent Facebook post that the Liverpool star's chances of playing the World Cup are quite high.

They've said that the FA's doctor contacted Liverpool after he sustained the injury and it is a shoulder ligament injury, which will take about two weeks to heal, despite it being a serious injury.

The player is likely to continue his recovery in England, but will join up with the National side after he recovers in about two weeks.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Egyptian FA: Salah's chances of playing World Cup are hi

Post by Sir V »

Egypt 'optimistic' Mohamed Salah will be fit for World Cup despite shoulder injury for Liverpool

https://www.thenational.ae/sport/footba ... l-1.734228

The forward is believed to have a ligament injury in his right shoulder, which forced him from the field in tears on Saturday as Liverpool lost 3-1 to Real Madrid in Kiev in the Uefa Champions League final

Egypt's Youth and Sports Minister Khaled Abd El-aziz said on his Facebook page: "It is expected Salah will need 2 weeks for treatment. He will stay in Liverpool and will have there the rehab period then will join the Egyptian team camp in Italy."

A subsequent tweet from the Egypt national team account suggested Salah had suffered ligament damage but avoided either a dislocation or a broken collar bone.

It read: "Update: Dr. Mohamed Abou El-Ela, the doctor of the team, said that the Liverpool medical team had informed him after the X-ray on the shoulder of Salah that the result was that the player was injured in the ligaments of the shoulder joint, and added that according to this diagnosis he is optimistic Salah will be part of the national team in the World Cup."

He added that Salah would be in Egypt's final World Cup squad which will be announced on June 4.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp earlier told a post-match news conference: "It’s a serious injury, a really serious injury. He is in the hospital for an X-ray. It’s either the collarbone or the shoulder itself. It doesn’t look good, that’s it.

"We lost a very important player, like probably Egypt lost for the World Cup a very important player. I still hope it’s not like this," he said.

Salah's performances this term, following his move from Roma, have made him Liverpool's top performer and a national hero. Egypt will be at the World Cup for the first time since 1990 and face hosts Russia, Uruguay and Saudi Arabia in Group A.

Klopp added the injury to Salah had sent his team into shock after they had made a strong start against Zinedine Zidane's side and added that it had handed the momentum to Madrid.

"It is unbelievable," he said. "He would have played on if anything was possible. I didn't see him, maybe he's in the hospital at the moment for an X-ray. It doesn't look good."

Klopp acknowledged he was not happy with Ramos over the incident.

"For me that was kind of a harsh challenge because the arm is there and it was like wrestling a little bit," he said.

"It was unlucky that Mo fell on his shoulder. It is a really serious injury.

"The shock of the boys was obvious, we dropped a little bit too deep. Real tried to use that positive momentum until we settled a little bit."
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

To me, I think Ramos' take-down of Salah and the subsequent injury was intentional. Ramos made no attempt to release Salah's hand as they went down. Surprisingly, some people are calling it being "physical", but I see it as being DIRTY. Ramos should have been given a Yellow card for the dirty TRICK.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Of course the Egyptian FA is going to say that. Morale amongst Egyptians and the national team is extremely low right now because we have a 1-man team and without him we shouldn't even bother showing up to Russia. I expect him to play but he won't be 100% and in any event, our chances of getting out of our group are slim.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Odas wrote:To me, I think Ramos' take-down of Salah and the subsequent injury was intentional. Ramos made no attempt to release Salah's hand as they went down. Surprisingly, some people are calling it being "physical", but I see it as being DIRTY. Ramos should have been given a Yellow card for the dirty TRICK.
It was part of the plan...take out Salah not only do U take out Pool's attacking threat, but U also leave room for the hairy Brazilian lb to stream forward...cause that Brazilian could NEVER stop Salah....it was really messed up..hope he recovers soon
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

Heliopolis wrote:Of course the Egyptian FA is going to say that. Morale amongst Egyptians and the national team is extremely low right now because we have a 1-man team and without him we shouldn't even bother showing up to Russia. I expect him to play but he won't be 100% and in any event, our chances of getting out of our group are slim.
That's really messed up man...hopefully it's not as bad...Africa needs ALL the chances we can get at a respectable showing..
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

I pray Egypt and Salah meet Spain in the World Cup. And I pray Ramos will be in that squad to play against Egypt/Salah. Let me see how he Ramos will repeat that stupid, dirty act again.. He should get a pay back.

Football need to be played neatly with skill, honesty and friendly manner... is a game not a war.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!