Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:28 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 8:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3536
Siddon look mode activated.

For what’s its worth, I think Simon would be a big miss.

While lots of people can play wide, he’s our only specialist winger. The other Moses, Victor is technically one will likely be played as one, but he’s now a wing back and often part of a back five at Chelsea.

Yet, Rohr is no fool and I think he’s telling us something:

He doesn’t intend to play 4-3-3 or 4 4 2

We are more likely too see a really compact playing side and as such lots of 4-3-2-1, 4-3-1-2 and even 3-5-1-1.

He intends to be stingy as hell and will load the team with strikers and support strikers and little room for specialist wingers.

It will make for frustrating watching, we will play on the counter, be dominated in possession, but give away very few goals.

Still, I hope Simon is ok. He deserves to be in the World Cup.

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 9:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:33 pm
Posts: 7278
waka-man wrote:
Siddon look mode activated.

For what’s its worth, I think Simon would be a big miss.

While lots of people can play wide, he’s our only specialist winger. The other Moses, Victor is technically one will likely be played as one, but he’s now a wing back and often part of a back five at Chelsea.

Yet, Rohr is no fool and I think he’s telling us something:

He doesn’t intend to play 4-3-3 or 4 4 2

We are more likely too see a really compact playing side and as such lots of 4-3-2-1, 4-3-1-2 and even 3-5-1-1.

He intends to be stingy as hell and will load the team with strikers and support strikers and little room for specialist wingers.

It will make for frustrating watching, we will play on the counter, be dominated in possession, but give away very few goals.

Still, I hope Simon is ok. He deserves to be in the World Cup.

:clap: :agree: Well said

_________________
To stop trying is to start dying
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 30185
Rohr seems to somewhat confirm ("pending further confirmation") the bad news in the Audio link below... :oops:

https://www.busybuddiesng.com/moses-sim ... cup-audio/

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 2:33 pm
Posts: 7278
Gotti wrote:
Rohr seems to somewhat confirm ("pending further confirmation") the bad news in the Audio link below... :oops:

https://www.busybuddiesng.com/moses-sim ... cup-audio/

Gutted for the lad

_________________
To stop trying is to start dying
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:17 pm
Posts: 714
Take it easy on VE. his points are valid. Rohr however, will think outside the box. I see him doing something thats never been done before. For example, playing Obi on the left flank and throwing Ebuehi into the fray as a wing back even with a RB on the field. This gives a high motor, two way winger. You are all in for surprises in June.

Ebuehi
Obi
Moses
Iwobi

can ALL play the wing positions and cross. Musa and Simon are the odd men out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:12 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 62354
Gotti wrote:
Rohr seems to somewhat confirm ("pending further confirmation") the bad news in the Audio link below... :oops:

https://www.busybuddiesng.com/moses-sim ... cup-audio/


Horrible news for Simon Moses.

Like I suspected the coach will try to take a long look at Simi Nwankwo and Junior Lokossa before he drops 4 additional players before going to the UK for the England friendly.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:57 pm
Posts: 1121
Are we able to call up a player that isn’t on the provisional list?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 10:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:20 am
Posts: 670
Location: sydney
Moses Simon grew on me as the qualifiers progressed and by the end of it justifiably benched Iwobi for his right wing role, he will be a big loss to the squad and those saying he is not that big a loss need to go back and watch the games again and see what he adds to the team.

Whilst he is not a winger, Aina also played right mid on occasion with Hull, with Rhor looking for defensive solidity, I was thinking that this does not open the door for Simy or Lokosa, however it may see Aina take that spot due to his versatility.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 32552
Synopsis wrote:
Are we able to call up a player that isn’t on the provisional list?

No. You can only replace any of the final 23. We still have 29 players to choose from.

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:29 pm
Posts: 55
pajimoh wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Are we able to call up a player that isn’t on the provisional list?

No. You can only replace any of the final 23. We still have 29 players to choose from.


Wrong he has till June 4 to submit a provisional 23 to FIFA
.

As of now he can add or drop 6 provisional players.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 11:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:29 pm
Posts: 55
A provisional list of 35 players per national team was submitted to FIFA by 14 May 2018, one month prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] The final list of 23 players per national team will be submitted to FIFA by 4 June 2018, 10 days prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] Teams are permitted to make late replacements in the event of serious injury, at any time up to 24 hours before their first game.[1


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2003 2:35 pm
Posts: 39511
Location: Somewhere
Feel bad for the lad, and it's a loss for us. Wishing him the best.

_________________
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 47231
Synopsis wrote:
I will wait for Colin’s Udoh statement. He is the most credible Nigerian reporter.


He comfirmed it a while back on his live feed when the team was returning to their hotel earlier today. It is true.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:53 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 47231
born2win wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Are we able to call up a player that isn’t on the provisional list?

No. You can only replace any of the final 23. We still have 29 players to choose from.


Wrong he has till June 4 to submit a provisional 23 to FIFA
.

As of now he can add or drop 6 provisional players.



Image

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 47231
born2win wrote:
A provisional list of 35 players per national team was submitted to FIFA by 14 May 2018, one month prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] The final list of 23 players per national team will be submitted to FIFA by 4 June 2018, 10 days prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] Teams are permitted to make late replacements in the event of serious injury, at any time up to 24 hours before their first game.[1


Again, wrong. Nigeria only submitted a 30 man list.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 1:25 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:39 am
Posts: 18131
Location: Super Eagles Homeland
metalalloy wrote:
born2win wrote:
A provisional list of 35 players per national team was submitted to FIFA by 14 May 2018, one month prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] The final list of 23 players per national team will be submitted to FIFA by 4 June 2018, 10 days prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] Teams are permitted to make late replacements in the event of serious injury, at any time up to 24 hours before their first game.[1


Again, wrong. Nigeria only submitted a 30 man list.


metalalloy,

How is the former wrong? He/she simply posted FIFA's rule.

That Nigeria or any other country announced less than 35 players is not FIFA's problem. The list submitted would simply count as the provisional list whether it is 30 or 35 players. The critical date now is June 4 when a list of 23 MUST be submitted. After that date, teams can make a change to an injured player (on the list) up until just before the first game.

So what is the problem with the above statement by born2win?

_________________
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 2:07 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6018
metalalloy wrote:
born2win wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Are we able to call up a player that isn’t on the provisional list?

No. You can only replace any of the final 23. We still have 29 players to choose from.


Wrong he has till June 4 to submit a provisional 23 to FIFA
.

As of now he can add or drop 6 provisional players.



Image



:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are still fighting this this fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 47231
Enugu II wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
born2win wrote:
A provisional list of 35 players per national team was submitted to FIFA by 14 May 2018, one month prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] The final list of 23 players per national team will be submitted to FIFA by 4 June 2018, 10 days prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] Teams are permitted to make late replacements in the event of serious injury, at any time up to 24 hours before their first game.[1


Again, wrong. Nigeria only submitted a 30 man list.


metalalloy,

How is the former wrong? He/she simply posted FIFA's rule.

That Nigeria or any other country announced less than 35 players is not FIFA's problem. The list submitted would simply count as the provisional list whether it is 30 or 35 players. The critical date now is June 4 when a list of 23 MUST be submitted. After that date, teams can make a change to an injured player (on the list) up until just before the first game.

So what is the problem with the above statement by born2win?


Because he did not post the FIFA rule. This is his statement:

Quote:
A provisional list of 35 players per national team was submitted to FIFA by 14 May 2018, one month prior to the opening match of the tournament.


While a provisional list of 35 players may have been submitted by some countries to FIFA by the May 14 deadline, Nigeria was not one of those countries.

This is the fifa rule:

Quote:
"Each association that qualifies for the final competition shall provide FIFA with a list of up to 35 players (hereinafter:the release list) whom it has called up in accordance with the relevant provisions of Annexe 1 of the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players"


*emphasis added. We had the option of picking up to 35, we picked 30.

Also, In his previous post, he said the following :

Quote:
Wrong he has till June 4 to submit a provisional 23 to FIFA
.

As of now he can add or drop 6 provisional players.


That is also incorrect. After the May 14 deadline, you can not add to the provisional list. Rohr has up to June 4 to submit a FINAL (not provisional) list which must be drawn from the provisional list that was previously submitted.

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 3:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 47231
kalani JR wrote:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are still fighting this this fight.


Image

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm
Posts: 4506
Simon is out. Rohr confirmed it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w26kW74jdY0


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 4:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:29 pm
Posts: 55
metalalloy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
born2win wrote:
A provisional list of 35 players per national team was submitted to FIFA by 14 May 2018, one month prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] The final list of 23 players per national team will be submitted to FIFA by 4 June 2018, 10 days prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] Teams are permitted to make late replacements in the event of serious injury, at any time up to 24 hours before their first game.[1


Again, wrong. Nigeria only submitted a 30 man list.


metalalloy,

How is the former wrong? He/she simply posted FIFA's rule.

That Nigeria or any other country announced less than 35 players is not FIFA's problem. The list submitted would simply count as the provisional list whether it is 30 or 35 players. The critical date now is June 4 when a list of 23 MUST be submitted. After that date, teams can make a change to an injured player (on the list) up until just before the first game.

So what is the problem with the above statement by born2win?


Because he did not post the FIFA rule. This is his statement:

Quote:
A provisional list of 35 players per national team was submitted to FIFA by 14 May 2018, one month prior to the opening match of the tournament.


While a provisional list of 35 players may have been submitted by some countries to FIFA by the May 14 deadline, Nigeria was not one of those countries.

This is the fifa rule:

Quote:
"Each association that qualifies for the final competition shall provide FIFA with a list of up to 35 players (hereinafter:the release list) whom it has called up in accordance with the relevant provisions of Annexe 1 of the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players"


*emphasis added. We had the option of picking up to 35, we picked 30.

Also, In his previous post, he said the following :

Quote:
Wrong he has till June 4 to submit a provisional 23 to FIFA
.

As of now he can add or drop 6 provisional players.


That is also incorrect. After the May 14 deadline, you can not add to the provisional list. Rohr has up to June 4 to submit a FINAL (not provisional) list which must be drawn from the provisional list that was previously submitted.


My guy do you know about World Cup rules more than FIFA . All I did was copy and paste there rule.

The limit for provisional is 35 and the limit for the final list is 23. However According to FIFA you can make a replacement with a player not even on that list as long as it greater than 24hrs b4 your first match.


I paste again

Final list of players
4.
Each association shall then be required to provide FIFA with a final list of
23 players (three of whom shall be goalkeepers) and 27 officials (hereinafter: the final list). This final list is limited to the players on the release list. The final list should show the full last name(s), all first names, popular name, name and number on the shirt, position, place and date of birth, passport number and expiry date, name and country of the club, height, weight, number of caps attained number of international goals scored and shall be submitted to the FIFA general secretariat by the deadline stipulated in the relevant circular, using the official form for this purpose.
5.
Only these 23 players (except in cases of force majeure recognised by the FIFA Organising Committee) shall be permitted to compete in the final competition. Only the numbers 1 to 23 may be allocated to these players, with number 1 being reserved exclusively for one of the goalkeepers. The numbers on the back of the shirts shall correspond with the numbers indicated on the final list.
6.
The final lists shall be published by the FIFA general secretariat.
7.
The final list of 23 players plus 27 officials will constitute the Official Team Delegation list.
Replacement of injured players
8.
A player listed on the final list may only be replaced in the event of serious injury up until 24 hours before the kick-off of his team’s first match. The replacement players do not need to be limited to the release list. Such replacements must be approved in writing by the FIFA Medical Committee upon receipt and acceptance of a written detailed medical assessment in one of the four official FIFA languages. The FIFA Medical Committee shall approve the request if the injury is sufficiently serious to prevent the player from taking part in the competition. Upon approval, the association shall immediately nominate a replacement and inform the FIFA general


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 39587
Location: Land of the Terrapins
born2win wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
born2win wrote:
A provisional list of 35 players per national team was submitted to FIFA by 14 May 2018, one month prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] The final list of 23 players per national team will be submitted to FIFA by 4 June 2018, 10 days prior to the opening match of the tournament.[2] Teams are permitted to make late replacements in the event of serious injury, at any time up to 24 hours before their first game.[1


Again, wrong. Nigeria only submitted a 30 man list.


metalalloy,

How is the former wrong? He/she simply posted FIFA's rule.

That Nigeria or any other country announced less than 35 players is not FIFA's problem. The list submitted would simply count as the provisional list whether it is 30 or 35 players. The critical date now is June 4 when a list of 23 MUST be submitted. After that date, teams can make a change to an injured player (on the list) up until just before the first game.

So what is the problem with the above statement by born2win?


Because he did not post the FIFA rule. This is his statement:

Quote:
A provisional list of 35 players per national team was submitted to FIFA by 14 May 2018, one month prior to the opening match of the tournament.


While a provisional list of 35 players may have been submitted by some countries to FIFA by the May 14 deadline, Nigeria was not one of those countries.

This is the fifa rule:

Quote:
"Each association that qualifies for the final competition shall provide FIFA with a list of up to 35 players (hereinafter:the release list) whom it has called up in accordance with the relevant provisions of Annexe 1 of the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players"


*emphasis added. We had the option of picking up to 35, we picked 30.

Also, In his previous post, he said the following :

Quote:
Wrong he has till June 4 to submit a provisional 23 to FIFA
.

As of now he can add or drop 6 provisional players.


That is also incorrect. After the May 14 deadline, you can not add to the provisional list. Rohr has up to June 4 to submit a FINAL (not provisional) list which must be drawn from the provisional list that was previously submitted.


My guy do you know about World Cup rules more than FIFA . All I did was copy and paste there rule.

The limit for provisional is 35 and the limit for the final list is 23. However According to FIFA you can make a replacement with a player not even on that list as long as it greater than 24hrs b4 your first match.


I paste again

Final list of players
4.
Each association shall then be required to provide FIFA with a final list of
23 players (three of whom shall be goalkeepers) and 27 officials (hereinafter: the final list). This final list is limited to the players on the release list. The final list should show the full last name(s), all first names, popular name, name and number on the shirt, position, place and date of birth, passport number and expiry date, name and country of the club, height, weight, number of caps attained number of international goals scored and shall be submitted to the FIFA general secretariat by the deadline stipulated in the relevant circular, using the official form for this purpose.
5.
Only these 23 players (except in cases of force majeure recognised by the FIFA Organising Committee) shall be permitted to compete in the final competition. Only the numbers 1 to 23 may be allocated to these players, with number 1 being reserved exclusively for one of the goalkeepers. The numbers on the back of the shirts shall correspond with the numbers indicated on the final list.
6.
The final lists shall be published by the FIFA general secretariat.
7.
The final list of 23 players plus 27 officials will constitute the Official Team Delegation list.
Replacement of injured players
8.
A player listed on the final list may only be replaced in the event of serious injury up until 24 hours before the kick-off of his team’s first match. The replacement players do not need to be limited to the release list. Such replacements must be approved in writing by the FIFA Medical Committee upon receipt and acceptance of a written detailed medical assessment in one of the four official FIFA languages. The FIFA Medical Committee shall approve the request if the injury is sufficiently serious to prevent the player from taking part in the competition. Upon approval, the association shall immediately nominate a replacement and inform the FIFA general


So you want Rohr to select Moses Simon in the final list, just so we can replace him with someone not on the provisional list?

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 5:39 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 6018
metalalloy wrote:
kalani JR wrote:


:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are still fighting this this fight.


Image


Some here are making sales pitches, so our fanposts are just going to be overlooked.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DIMKA76 and 37 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group