SE v Congo DR: Nwankwo and Lokosa to start...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
SE v Congo DR: Nwankwo and Lokosa to start...

Post by Enugu II »

Rohr reportedly confirms Lokosa and Nwankwo to start....
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SE v Congo DR: Nwankwo and Lokosa to start...

Post by pajimoh »

It makes sense to see the new additions since he's going to drop 5 players after this game
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

pajimoh wrote:It makes sense to see the new additions since he's going to drop 5 players after this game
I hope Rohr also gives Ajiboye, Eze, and Agbo some game time.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

We rest our key players for England and play the guys who have a thing or two to prove in order to stake a claim to the final WC 23...this is when we will access the likes of Simy, Lokosa, Agbo, Stephen Eze, Ajiboye, and Joel Obi.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote:We rest our key players for England and play the guys who have a thing or two to prove in order to stake a claim to the final WC 23...this is when we will access the likes of Simy, Lokosa, Agbo, Stephen Eze, Ajiboye, and Joel Obi.
I think the opposite, actually. England game has pride attached to it oo! Starters will be there, bros.
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon May 28, 2018 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Easy prediction.

I expect to see the fringe players start out with the starting defense and goalkeeper

Uzoho
Aina, Balogun, Ekong, Idowu
Agu, Etebo, Joel Obi
Musa, Nwankwo, Lokossa

Subs
Ogu, Agbo, Iwobi,Eze,Omeruo, Echijiele,Ebuehi
Last edited by ohenhen1 on Mon May 28, 2018 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enugu II wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:We rest our key players for England and play the guys who have a thing or two to prove in order to stake a claim to the final WC 23...this is when we will access the likes of Simy, Lokosa, Agbo, Stephen Eze, Ajiboye, and Joel Obi.
I think the opposite, actually. England game has pride attached to it oo! Starers will be there, bros.
I agree, we start our starting 11 against England and Czech, use the remaining time in camp to put finishing touches to the team. Won't show too much in the friendlies. Will just work on defensive shape, possession and team fitness.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

What day/time is this Congo DR friendly? Any online streams? I don't see a pre-match thread here
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Enugu II wrote:
I think the opposite, actually. England game has pride attached to it oo! Starters will be there, bros.
Languages, not just English, are very difficult to understand sometimes and this is an example of it.

Sir Enugu II; it seems you are wrong with your interpretation of what - bros Tobi17 - meant. 

I could be wrong, but to me, Oga Tobi17 is saying we have to rest (reserve) our key players to be used in our game against England instead of using them in the DRC game
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Languages, not just English, are very difficult to understand sometimes and this is an example of it.

Sir Enugu II; it seems you are wrong with your interpretation of what - bros Tobi17 - meant. 

I could be wrong, but to me, Oga Tobi17 is saying we have to rest (reserve) our key players to be used in our game against England instead of using them in the DRC game
Odas

You are correct. I have now re-read his post.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Is any network televising the match?
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Synopsis wrote:Is any network televising the match?
I've been scouting around with little success so far. Please paste a link if you find one and I will do the same. Game is at 5pm Nigeria time, so there is still hope.
To stop trying is to start dying
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Probable starting lineup

Last edited by maceo4 on Mon May 28, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

jdizzy wrote:What day/time is this Congo DR friendly? Any online streams? I don't see a pre-match thread here
...I don't know why CE members that are very vested in the SE, and Nigeria football will never post/give info on an up coming match.
A basic info of venue, time, location, etc.
Instead na tp go beat around the bush about line up and formation.
The worse offenders are members residing in Nigeria who supposedly have all that basic scoop.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Game is on Monday at 5pm Naija time.

Hope that helps!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D :D

jdizzy wrote:What day/time is this Congo DR friendly? Any online streams? I don't see a pre-match thread here
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Cmoke wrote:Game is on Monday at 5pm Naija time.

Hope that helps!

...thanks guy.
It's just a basic info many Nigerians rarely give, post, or report, even our journalists in the papers.
I remember back in the days Nigeria newspapers always make note of that, kickoff time, stadium, etc.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Cmoke wrote:Game is on Monday at 5pm Naija time.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Cmoke
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote:
...I don't know why CE members that are very vested in the SE, and Nigeria football will never post/give info on an up coming match.
A basic info of venue, time, location, etc.
Instead na tp go beat around the bush about line up and formation.
The worse offenders are members residing in Nigeria who supposedly have all that basic scoop.
mcal,

Even people in PH and journalists were confused about match time, etc. How then do you think the cE guys would know? Bros, game was reportedly scheduled for 4pm until the Governor requested a late change to 5pm. Everyone, including sponsors, were confused.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

too many starters and key players starting this match IMO. I hope no injuries occur.

The defence looks like starting defence and the midfield has 2 potential starters.

Why on earth are guys like Mikel Agu and Agbo not even getting playing time here ?

How can he even think of picking those guys when he will not even try them out in this match because they certainly will not start against England or Czech.

I do not understand Rohr's thinking at all.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote:too many starters and key players starting this match IMO. I hope no injuries occur.

The defence looks like starting defence and the midfield has 2 potential starters.

Why on earth are guys like Mikel Agu and Agbo not even getting playing time here ?

How can he even think of picking those guys when he will not even try them out in this match because they certainly will not start against England or Czech.

Bros,

You realize that Rohr can bring in six substitutes in this game?
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

Enugu II wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:too many starters and key players starting this match IMO. I hope no injuries occur.

Bros,

You realize that Rohr can bring in six substitutes in this game?
Still, too strong a starting lineup, IMHO.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

maceo4 wrote:Probable starting lineup

I like this team. Let's see what they can do
To stop trying is to start dying
Polly
Egg
Egg

Post by Polly »

Shownoja wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Is any network televising the match?
I've been scouting around with little success so far. Please paste a link if you find one and I will do the same. Game is at 5pm Nigeria time, so there is still hope.
https://tinyurl.com/yasusubq

http://www.livesoccertv.com/match/30046 ... -congo-dr/