RACIST English gutter press won’t let Sterling be

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: RACIST English gutter press won’t let Sterling be

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote:Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher right now on Monday Night Football talking about it. They totally agree with Sterling. Neville says that it is nonsense to compare the stick he gets to the stick that Beckham, Rooney and Gazza got. According to him they got stick when they were not doing well and were hero worshipped when they did well. According to him the likes of Sterling and Ashley Cole get the stick but never the hero worship when they do well.
Bigups to Gary Neville for being so upfront and frank. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

just ban them for life, seize their passport and imprison them for 6 months if caught with this attitude in british stadiums
name and shame them! put their faces on BBC crime watch, if they have a professional job, they are finished for life
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Thanks Eden, Gary, Jamie...Mr Black man, are you there? You can come out now, massa’ has voiced his discontent, its safe for you to say the same. Pathetic.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Coach wrote:Thanks Eden, Gary, Jamie...Mr Black man, are you there? You can come out now, massa’ has voiced his discontent, its safe for you to say the same. Pathetic.
What exactly is "pathetic"? :???:
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Coach wrote:Thanks Eden, Gary, Jamie...Mr Black man, are you there? You can come out now, massa’ has voiced his discontent, its safe for you to say the same. Pathetic.

But many black people have chipped in and call out the hypocrisy of the media.

What else can be done? A Paris rising?
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Raheem Sterling: Tyrone Mings pulls out of Talksport appearance over coverage

Bournemouth's Tyrone Mings has pulled out of an interview with Talksport in protest at its coverage of the alleged racial abuse of Raheem Sterling.

Former Reading striker Dave Kitson told the station that Sterling had incited "jealousy" by exhibiting a luxury lifestyle on his social media.

Kitson added that there was "no excuse whatsoever" for any abuse.

"Like someone or dislike them, there is no 'but' or grey area when it comes to racism," said Mings on Twitter.

"I'm fed up of broadcasting channels who have a huge voice allowing this.

"Silence is deadly for stations and outlets who rely on viewers and listeners."

BBC Sport has contacted Talksport for a response while Mings declined a BBC Sport request for an interview.

Ex-Fulham and West Ham striker Leroy Rosenior, who has written about the racist abuse he received in his playing career, called Talksport to challenge Kitson's comments on air.

England international Sterling, 24, was allegedly racially abused during Manchester City's 2-0 defeat against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday. Chelsea and the Metropolitan Police are investigating the allegations.

Talksport tweet
A Talksport tweet on Kitson's comments
Four people have been suspended from attending matches at Stamford Bridge while the investigations continue.

Sterling said he "had to laugh" when he heard the alleged racist remarks during the game because he does not "expect any better".

In an Instagram post, Sterling said newspapers are helping to "fuel racism" by the way in which they portray young footballers of different backgrounds.

Defender Mings told The I in January that he regularly encountered racist abuse online, adding "people think they can get away with things on social media that they wouldn't get away with on the street".

The Professional Footballers' Association has said that some press coverage of Sterling "emboldens racist rhetoric".

Sterling was the victim of a racist attack in December 2017 outside Manchester City's training ground, for which the man responsible was sentenced to 16 weeks in prison after pleading guilty.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Coach I disagree, a number of black players have spoken up but media refuses to spotlight them and instead ask to speak to the white guys...look at all those panels that had all white members. Piers had a black guy on his show and spoke over him the entire time then hours laters commented on another discussion with an all white cast and said they made great points.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Damunk, what is pathetic, what isn’t? Is it only now, with the nignogging of Raheem Sterling, that race relations merit discussion? The week before, how many brothers in arms were championing Sterling’s battle wth media targeting? Where is the activism? Only now that Massa has said it’s ok, is Mr Black Man coming forward to echo the words of Gary and Carragher. Where was the black community when Aluko was being dragged through the sewage pipes? Pathetic.

@Balo, if a rising is required, then let them rise. Rest assured, the world would be up in arms if there was a homophobic slant to the abuse.
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

kalani JR wrote:
Coach I disagree, a number of black players have spoken up but media refuses to spotlight them and instead ask to speak to the white guys...look at all those panels that had all white members. Piers had a black guy on his show and spoke over him the entire time then hours laters commented on another discussion with an all white cast and said they made great points.
I agree with coach, we are not doing enough, Rhisn Brewster complained of being racially abused as a 13 year old boy and we ignored, eni aluko complained David James said she was playing a race card her black team mates were celebrating with coach, even after all had been revealed they never apologised. Alex Scot carys on like normal. Phil Nevile never even called her once. She was England highest goal scorer they honoured Rooney.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Again, without activism there cannot and will not be any significant change. Raheem’s situation has only brought momentary attention to a virus that circumvents every stadium, every arena, every institution, every establishment. The disease is endemic and full thickness, passing through all of society’s membranes. The overt nignogging is no different to the boardroom rhetoric that sees blacks pushed to the back of the bus as far as leadership opportunities be concerned. Those in privileged positions, would rather see their reflections sparkle in the metal whilst polishing spoons, than risk the wrath of Massa and be cast back into the field. The only reason why Mr Black Man is talking up now is because the Bonoesque Band Aid brigade are singing “do they know it’s Xmas time at all”...Pathetic.

Well said John Barnes, bet they never saw that coming.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

He is called Colin Wing from Beckenham and he says he only said Manc ****. Not Black ****
Lost his job and season ticket, but he says he is not racist.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^in time, he’ll be afforded the mental health Get Out of Jail free card. Depression led him to it.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

benteke wrote:He is called Colin Wing from Beckenham and he says he only said Manc ****. Not Black ****
Told ya. :idea:
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Damunk wrote:
benteke wrote:He is called Colin Wing from Beckenham and he says he only said Manc ****. Not Black ****
Told ya. :idea:
Please check my comment again, i was answering the person who said "lifetime on the dole", and not disputing the fact that this guy will lose his job.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

The use of, and lack of use of the player's names, resonated with me the most. It felt totally dehumanising.

tfco wrote:Image

Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

think Sterling has put the british press on the spot, watch how they will start being defensive!
again the dailymail is not the flag bearer of UK press, its just a working class media outfit full of gossip and sometimes crap!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Raheem Sterling: Man City forward named Premier League player of the month

Manchester City's Raheem Sterling and Leroy Sane

Raheem Sterling was on target three times for City during November

Manchester City's Raheem Sterling has been named November's Premier League player of the month.

The 24-year-old scored three goals and set up three more in City's three league matches.

It is the second time the Blues forward has won the award, the previous occasion coming in August 2016, just over a year after he joined the club.

Sterling was allegedly the victim of racist abuse in his side's defeat to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on Saturday.

Chelsea and the Metropolitan Police are investigating the allegations after social media users posted a video of an incident during the first half of the match, when the England international was shouted at as he collected the ball from behind the goal.

Sterling responded the following day, saying he "had to laugh" when he heard the alleged racist remarks during the game because he expects "no better".

On Monday, Chelsea announced they had suspended four fans while the investigation takes place.

A club statement said evidence of racist behaviour will result in "severe sanctions, including bans".

Two of Sterling's City team-mates, Leroy Sane and David Silva, were also in contention for the Premier League award.

West Ham's Felipe Anderson, Lucas Digne of Everton, Liverpool's Andrew Robertson and Tottenham's Moussa Sissoko were also in the running.

Talking about timing, yes perhaps he deserved this award but the timing is a bit suspect, trying to kill the bad news from Sterling own admissing that the press helps fuel racism!
If Sterling findings were inaccurate, they should explain why!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:think Sterling has put the british press on the spot, watch how they will start being defensive!
again the dailymail is not the flag bearer of UK press, its just a working class media outfit full of gossip and sometimes crap!
Very true, the media has been put on the spot.
They are getting very uncomfortable. They don't know what to do
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:think Sterling has put the british press on the spot, watch how they will start being defensive!
watch how to worm their way out of this, tried and tested formula, that article about 2 city players buying homes for their mums and the different headlines for both players is a perfect example and something they cannot escape from this time, they have been caught red handed! but just watch, they always find a way, they might decide to go hard on the culprit that shouted abuse at Sterling but please dont take that bait, we know them for who they truly are! nothing to do with football, what we need is balanced reporting, thats all!

everyday we see articles about Pogba, that has always been their target, a world class talent playing under a hopeless manager, they use subtle words, even some of those football pundits, Pogba has what all of them wish they had, a world cup medal!

Marko
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
watch how to worm their way out of this, tried and tested formula, that article about 2 city players buying homes for their mums and the different headlines for both players is a perfect example and something they cannot escape from this time, they have been caught red handed! but just watch, they always find a way, they might decide to go hard on the culprit that shouted abuse at Sterling but please dont take that bait, we know them for who they truly are! nothing to do with football, what we need is balanced reporting, thats all!

everyday we see articles about Pogba, that has always been their target, a world class talent playing under a hopeless manager, they use subtle words, even some of those football pundits, Pogba has what all of them wish they had, a world cup medal!
Ahaa, i remember mentioning here that majority of the noise from media about Pogba could be based on his skin colour, but people where having none of it. Jose even had to defend the guy constantly.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

Ahaa, i remember mentioning here that majority of the noise from media about Pogba could be based on his skin colour, but people where having none of it. Jose even had to defend the guy constantly.
of course it is, envy and jealousy as well, Pogba was once the world most expensive player before Neymar and Mbappe, all those subtle crap from that ex-liverpool coach, whats his frigging name, Souness, pls tell me that is positive criticism? Pogba, just keep on showing them your world cup medal and your 30 million followers

do you know man united made Pogba transfer fee back in 6 months in commercial deals! now why on earth will they sell him! that man is a marketing man dream, Mourinho knows this as well

Marko
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

marko wrote:
benteke wrote:
marko wrote:
benteke wrote:

of course it is, envy and jealousy as well, Pogba was once the world most expensive player before Neymar and Mbappe, all those subtle crap from that ex-liverpool coach, whats his frigging name, Souness, pls tell me that is positive criticism? Pogba, just keep on showing them your world cup medal and your 30 million followers

do you know man united made Pogba transfer fee back in 6 months in commercial deals! now why on earth will they sell him! that man is a marketing man dream, Mourinho knows this as well

You had Ronaldo and sold him. Just saying!