Nwankwo gives me uchebo vibe

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Nwankwo gives me uchebo vibe

Post by john12 »

Do anyone get that uchebo vibe from Simy? A player that agent deceived the late keshi with by promoting him as the new Kanu? The acceptable news is that rohr didn’t drop anyone that contributed immensely at WCQ so Simy/lokossa are only taking an available position. Anyway, rohr has earned the right to call up whoever he pleases
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nwankwo gives me uchebo vibe

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

john12 wrote:Do anyone get that uchebo vibe from Simy? A player that agent deceived the late keshi with by promoting him as the new Kanu? The acceptable news is that rohr didn’t drop anyone that contributed immensely at WCQ so Simy/lokossa are only taking an available position. Anyway, rohr has earned the right to call up whoever he pleases

My Client is nothing like Uchebo.... gerrarahia!EP, aka Enemy of Progress.

[/video]
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

He seems like a player that has good touch on the ball but is extremely slow and can’t hold the ball with his back to goal
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
john12 wrote:Do anyone get that uchebo vibe from Simy? A player that agent deceived the late keshi with by promoting him as the new Kanu? The acceptable news is that rohr didn’t drop anyone that contributed immensely at WCQ so Simy/lokossa are only taking an available position. Anyway, rohr has earned the right to call up whoever he pleases

[/video]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Limited sample size. If we are going to criticize Ideye Brown and Ighalo for not scoring. Simi should also be criticized for missing several chances. But need to see more games. The world cup might have come too soon for him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Uchebo lacked balance, tripping over his legs, the ultimate "headless chicken".
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

From the little I have seen so far, I don't think Simi Nwankwo is better than Umar Sadiq or Awoniyi or Ideye. We don't have a striker problem. Our problem is the average midfield play and lack of support from the full backs. But no Nigerians think Nwankwo will walk in and waive a magic wand and all of our problems with scoring will go away. The sad reality is in 4 years another striker will be hyped into the team. It is like Dejavu

Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

This is SEs problem

Agbo, Onazi, J. Obi, Agu, Etebo, Ogu

Too many 'useless' DMs (not to denigrate anyone)

Not enough Creative midfielders
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

There are some people who's comments I no dey care to read..I just scroll dan pass dem :twisted: :twisted:
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Naaah. I watched Uchebo live in the friendly against Greece....he wasn't up to snuff, and worse still, had no achivements on the club scene to justify his late entry.

Nwankwo has achievements on the club scene, and his 2nd half (vs. Congo) was pretty good. The problem with him is that he changes our style....Our current style is focused on sharing goal scoring between 3-4 players....based on quick passing, One-twos etc. Nwankwo is not about all of that. Send him the ball, and let him take care of it.

For my money, I'd take Lokosa....but I can see Nwankwo edging him out
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

In spite of the fact your client is meritiously unqualified and obviously inept to be included in the team but due to the stupid allegiance of Rohr he is safe . Stop fretting over Simi's inclusion he is no threat to your client.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

paj wrote:There are some people who's comments I no dey care to read..I just scroll dan pass dem :twisted: :twisted:

Kpom! just like there are some "musicians" whose "music" you just press fast forward on. :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

deanotito wrote:Naaah. I watched Uchebo live in the friendly against Greece....he wasn't up to snuff, and worse still, had no achivements on the club scene to justify his late entry.

Nwankwo has achievements on the club scene, and his 2nd half (vs. Congo) was pretty good. The problem with him is that he changes our style....Our current style is focused on sharing goal scoring between 3-4 players....based on quick passing, One-twos etc. Nwankwo is not about all of that. Send him the ball, and let him take care of it.

I would take Nwankwo. I don't think he deserves to go to Russsia. But we don't have any other option in camp or on the 30 man provisional list. Will bring him in the final 20 minutes if we need to change our style. He will be behind Ighalo, Iheanacho and Musa.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

[/video]
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Uncle, I know sey you go appear! The money wey Simy slide give you ... you dey use am well o! greasing the right palms, and all! :lol:

Oya, Uncle, make we dance!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:Naaah. I watched Uchebo live in the friendly against Greece....he wasn't up to snuff, and worse still, had no achivements on the club scene to justify his late entry.

:lol: This is actually a solution! You cannot go into a major tournament with one style!! That is exactly how a team gets knocked out! Your opponents plan for that your one style and they take you out! Let me make it clearer --

Liverpool -- One style. Real madrid took out salah and it was game over!

Real Madrid-- 2 styles. They brought in Gareth Bale, changed from a 4-4-2 diamond to spreading the wings. Guess what? They scored 2 additional goals and won!

You absolutely cannot dwell on one style. That is just a huge mistake. So, if you are saying Nwankwo gives us a different dimension? That you God for that! We need it! Imagine him in a 3-5-2 like the one we played against Argentina?? :D :clap: :clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

[/video]
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Uncle, I know sey you go appear! The money wey Simy slide give you ... you dey use am well o! greasing the right palms, and all! :lol:

Oya, Uncle, make we dance!
Unku:

the money go come later. Make we work first. Then we go get money and dance!
For now, we have to face our enemies of progress.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

danfo driver wrote:

:lol: This is actually a solution! You cannot go into a major tournament with one style!! That is exactly how a team gets knocked out! Your opponents plan for that your one style and they take you out! Let me make it clearer --

Real Madrid-- 2 styles. They brought in Gareth Bale, changed from a 4-4-2 diamond to spreading the wings. Guess what? They scored 2 additional goals and won!

You absolutely cannot dwell on one style. That is just a huge mistake. So, if you are saying Nwankwo gives us a different dimension? That you God for that! We need it! Imagine him in a 3-5-2 like the one we played against Argentina?? :D :clap: :clap: :clap:
danfo,
In lucid moments you don't drink the Enyeama haterade, you actually have a remarkable football brain. I KPOM this observation. :clap:
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Obong wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

danfo,
In lucid moments you don't drink the Enyeama haterade, you actually have a remarkable football brain. I KPOM this observation. :clap:
him get football brain well well...only problem with him is that he is a loose canon :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:

I'm skeptical. That was the same thinking Keshi used to take Ameobi to the last WC, when for my money, Martins would have been a better choice. And we got nothing from it....A big guy up top is no good to anyone if the big guy no sabi play ball.

Simy is better than Ameobi from what I've seen....but I would vote for playing to our strengths. We don't have good crossers of the ball. We have guys that for the last 2 years, have been trying to keep the ball on the ground, perfect give and gos etc...

I liked what I saw from Lokosa, and I hope both can be taken....
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

I think Nwankwo has some skill over and above Uchebo. It was one game. I think he brings something different to the personnel we have already
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Like I said in another thread 2014 Uchebo = 2018 Simy Nwankwo... Simy has been in Europe for a long time, and did not make SE, what makes him special now? It's not as if he's some 19 year old who just broke unto the scene. I'd rather have Lokosa tbh
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Robotnik wrote:This is SEs problem

Agbo, Onazi, J. Obi, Agu, Etebo, Ogu

Too many 'useless' DMs (not to denigrate anyone)

Not enough Creative midfielders
I saw the same thing at Barnet (Serbia) and yesterday. The number of times Ogenyi Onazi hugs the ball with little progression worried me, but I suppose that is what you get when JMO is absent.

NB Pls remove Etebo from that list. He is a very good progression player.
papilo
Egg
Egg

Post by papilo »

So unfair to compare Simy with Uchebo. Simy plays and has recently been scoring in the Italia Serie A while Uchebo was fighting for his club career at the time. Simy is a better footballer also. None is close to Kanu though. That's an insult.
yes o