Simon Moses Cries Foul Play

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Larry Ashagbe 1
Egg
Egg
Simon Moses Cries Foul Play

Post by Larry Ashagbe 1 »

Simon Moses has cried foul in the way he was sensationally dropped from SE World Cup team.

Here is a sequence of events.

Simon Moses suffered a slight injury in camp.

He had a scan on his injury in Port Harcourt (PH) and it was concluded from the scan that he will be out for 4 weeks.

Simon Moses says he knows his body very well and from past experience, he should recover in a few days.

Simon Moses expressed his dissatisfaction about the way he was being dropped and he requested further scan from hospital/clinic with better scanning equipments.

The team was getting reading to leave PH for Abuja and say goodbye to President Buhari and it was agreed that there will be a further scan test in Abuja but the boy says he wants a scan done in London rather than any hospital in Nigeria.

Scan was done in Abuja and was reviewed by a doctor in Premier League club and he concluded that he will be out for 8 days.

He was eventually dropped and he reckons that there is MAGO MAGO.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Simon Moses Cries Foul Play

Post by metalalloy »

Larry Ashagbe 1 wrote:Simon Moses has cried foul in the way he was sensationally dropped from SE World Cup team.

He had a scan on his injury in Port Harcourt (PH) and it was concluded from the scan that he will be out for 4 weeks.

Simon Moses says he knows his body very well and from past experience, he should recover in a few days.

Simon Moses expressed his dissatisfaction about the way he was being dropped and he requested further scan from hospital/clinic with better scanning equipments.

The team was getting reading to leave PH for Abuja and say goodbye to President Buhari and it was agreed that there will be a further scan test in Abuja but the boy says he wants a scan done in London rather than any hospital in Nigeria.

Scan was done in Abuja and was reviewed by a doctor in Premier League club and he concluded that he will be out for 8 days.

:roll: who is writing this rubbish?

The NFF said he was on his way to London for additional scans abi? Did he not make the flight?
Last edited by metalalloy on Wed May 30, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I think Rohr likes the option Simeon brings but Simon fits the teams style of play better.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Larry Ashagbe 1 wrote:Simon Moses has cried foul in the way he was sensationally dropped from SE World Cup team.

But he's going to be checked in England. The fact that they are seeking 3rd opinion shows they really want him on the team.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Senior Uncle Larry, there's a thread where this is being discussed.

But the player and his handlers are desperate. In the past we will smuggle injured players into the squad... and find it difficult to make subs when the starters get hurt. Maybe oyibo doctors will give him a different result.

THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

JJ

I must say Naija journalists are good at fiction writing.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

pajimoh wrote:

But he's going to be checked in England. The fact that they are seeking 3rd opinion shows they really want him on the team.
I will not dismiss Larry's perspective with a waive of hand. There is definitely insight from this. Moses Simon's camp have been fighting this issue right after the first camp. Thus, it is not as simple as the team initiating another scan in London. Instead, it is about the pressure from Simon's camp forcing that decision. Issues (relevant???) about the difference in how Ndidi's injury has been treated, compared to Simon's, have also been raised.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Re: his treatment vs Ndidi's, Ndidi has been out for over a month now for an injury with a normal recovery time of 2-8 weeks. He reportedly had a strain that was not supposed to take the 6 weeks that was reported in the papers. He has also been able to train alone with the Nigerian medical staff. Simon's injury is fresh if its truly only 8 days that he would be out, then it does raise a few eye brows. However, i cant imagine that Rohr would one to drop one of the core members of his squad unless he has to.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Am I the only one that has no idea what the precise injury actually is?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Damunk wrote:Am I the only one that has no idea what the precise injury actually is?

Nope.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Enugu II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

I will not dismiss Larry's perspective with a waive of hand. There is definitely insight from this. Moses Simon's camp have been fighting this issue right after the first camp. Thus, it is not as simple as the team initiating another scan in London. Instead, it is about the pressure from Simon's camp forcing that decision. Issues (relevant???) about the difference in how Ndidi's injury has been treated, compared to Simon's, have also been raised.
E2, It's in the interest of Simon's camp for their boy to be in Russia. That could also cloud their judgement. We keep entertaining these stories because ti's plausible. My point is why cry foul when you're going to the UK for a third opinion? Unless they think UK institution is likely to be in on the deception.

Knowing his body is not scientific. What ever the report says is what must be followed.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Nna add sauce now?
Make we know who get responsibility
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Well, foul play is certainly possible. This is Nigeria we're talking about.

But

Even with an 8 day layoff, I think his position should be in jeopardy. I believe a coach should only make such exceptions for critical players. And I wouldn't rate Simon as a critical player. So, the safe thing to do is replace him with someone who is fit.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

metalalloy wrote:
Damunk wrote:Am I the only one that has no idea what the precise injury actually is?

Nope.
I have no idea either but my guess is he entered camp with a nagging pre-existing injury which adds to the uncertainty.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

PaJimoh,

There is no doubt that Simon's camp is blinded by their support for him. No doubt at all. However, if they create enough doubt about the credibility of the scanning process in a country where it is known that results from those kinds of stuff could be manipulated, that certainly is an argument to keep hope alive. That is the issue i.e. create a cloud of doubt about the report, supported by Simon's claims of his previous bout with such injuries and quick recovery. Obviously, the NFF wanted a scan done in Abuja. It was done but still the camp isn't satisfied and they are able to force a scan outside Nigeria. That scan, will decide matters whether his camp likes it or not.

Bear in mind that there is insinuation about differential treatment given to Ndidi's injury. Thus, all opportunities are offered to Simon but a decision (FINAL) will surely occur after the London scan.

BTW, these are behind the scene rumblings and I certainly cannot offer up source(s).
pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

E2, It's in the interest of Simon's camp for their boy to be in Russia. That could also cloud their judgement. We keep entertaining these stories because ti's plausible. My point is why cry foul when you're going to the UK for a third opinion? Unless they think UK institution is likely to be in on the deception.

Knowing his body is not scientific. What ever the report says is what must be followed.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

deanotito wrote:Well, foul play is certainly possible. This is Nigeria we're talking about.

But

Even with an 8 day layoff, I think his position should be in jeopardy. I believe a coach should only make such exceptions for critical players. And I wouldn't rate Simon as a critical player. So, the safe thing to do is replace him with someone who is fit.
To add to what you're saying and I've said this repeatedly, the length of time is an opinion, probably based on average recovery time. It could be longer for some and shorter for others. Some doctors might factor in the worse case scenario so they are not over optimistic and some might give an optimistic estimate. It seems they want to keep going round until some doctor gives a shorter recovery period
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

If the highlighted is true.............then Simon Moses is a full blown imbecile. :curse: :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Agents trying to derail our WC hopes.

Injury or not, the coach has the RIGHT to drop ANY player as he deems fit.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

They've got the opportunity of a third opinion. Thank God it's not in Nigeria. We can debate this more when we find out the outcome

Enugu II wrote:PaJimoh,

There is no doubt that Simon's camp is blinded by their support for him. No doubt at all. However, if they create enough doubt about the credibility of the scanning process in a country where it is known that results from those kinds of stuff could be manipulated, that certainly is an argument to keep hope alive. That is the issue i.e. create a cloud of doubt about the report, supported by Simon's claims of his previous bout with such injuries and quick recovery. Obviously, the NFF wanted a scan done in Abuja. It was done but still the camp isn't satisfied and they are able to force a scan outside Nigeria. That scan, will decide matters whether his camp likes it or not.

Bear in mind that there is insinuation about differential treatment given to Ndidi's injury. Thus, all opportunities are offered to Simon but a decision (FINAL) will surely occur after the London scan.

BTW, these are behind the scene rumblings and I certainly cannot offer up source(s).
pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

wanaj0 wrote:Agents trying to derail our WC hopes.

Injury or not, the coach has the RIGHT to drop ANY player as he deems fit.
:agree:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

zee wrote:

If the highlighted is true.............then Simon Moses is a full blown imbecile. :curse: :curse:
I agree. That is as an unscientific a statement as I have ever seen. Play me because I know my body
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Mschew. Unless he's claiming he wasn't/isn't injured then there's no mago mago. The coach and officials have the right not to want to risk including a rehabilitating player. After all Onyekuru is also out cos he got injured though he's allegedly recovered.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Prof.
I think the issue here, from Simon's perspective, is that one Nigerian medical report stated he would be out for 4 weeks, while the other stated 8 days (per Larry's post).
That in itself will call to question the voracity of the prognosis made in Nigeria - 2 vastly conflicting reports on his recovery time. I don't see anything wrong in Simon pushing for a medical analysis from a doctor in London. This is a WC in which he was highly instrumental regarding Nigeria's qualification. He has worked so hard to get here and will leave no stone un-turned to ensure that he gets a correct prognosis.
Enugu II wrote:PaJimoh,

pajimoh wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Last edited by Otitokoro on Wed May 30, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.