Why are we so worked up about who is dropped or Not?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Why are we so worked up about who is dropped or Not?

Post by 1naija »

I don't understand the commotion. I think Rohr selected the best 25 players available now, so I am not worried about which 2 players are dropped, even if Mikel is one of them. I don't think the players on the bubble would make that much difference either way.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Why are we so worked up about who is dropped or Not?

Post by Cellular »

1naija wrote:I don't understand the commotion. I think Rohr selected the best 25 players available now, so I am not worried about which 2 players are dropped, even if Mikel is one of them. I don't think the players on the bubble would make that much difference either way.
Unkulu, it is agents doing what agents do.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

I’m worried if Mikel is one of them o!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

1naija wrote:I don't understand the commotion. I think Rohr selected the best 25 players available now, so I am not worried about which 2 players are dropped, even if Mikel is one of them. I don't think the players on the bubble would make that much difference either way.
:) If Mikel is one of them, izz all ova.

To your original question.... I believe that doing well in competitions like these is only possible if you pay attention to marginal decisions as well as major decisions. Our first 11 picks itself...but you need subs. You need to prepare for potential injuries...You need to prepare to change tactics if necessary. Picking the wrong choice between Ech/Aina could end our WC experience if we have a few bad breaks....same with the midfield choices...or goalie choices
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

It matters because we are a team full of injuries.

Last WC we saw what happened when a junk like Reuben Gabriel came in for Onazi and that was it.

Last WC Keshi could have taken Joel Obi instead, but his depravity lead him to make up lies about him not being fit, and ironically he took a player instead who himself was not fit.

We are in a very tough group, and yes getting these decisions wrong/right could absolutely be the difference between qualification or not.

We can easily find ourself in a situation where a midfield player is injured, and another is suspended. That puts us at -2 and if the replacement is a junk or not dynamic enough for our needs then we will suffer the consequences of poor player selection, just like we did in 2014 because of Kesh's corruption.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

vancity eagle wrote:It matters because we are a team full of injuries.

Last WC we saw what happened when a junk like Reuben Gabriel came in for Onazi and that was it.

Last WC Keshi could have taken Joel Obi instead, but his depravity lead him to make up lies about him not being fit, and ironically he took a player instead who himself was not fit.

We are in a very tough group, and yes getting these decisions wrong/right could absolutely be the difference between qualification or not.

We can easily find ourself in a situation where a midfield player is injured, and another is suspended. That puts us at -2 and if the replacement is a junk or not dynamic enough for our needs then we will suffer the consequences of poor player selection, just like we did in 2014 because of Kesh's corruption.
Speaking foul about the dead, a great one like Keshi at that reflects badly on you and makes every other valid point you make irrelevant.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

oscar52 wrote:

Speaking foul about the dead, a great one like Keshi at that reflects badly on you and makes every other valid point you make irrelevant.
If we can’t speak “foul” about the dead, even the “great ones”, there’d be no study of history. You like Keshi...lots of people did. That he’s dead doesn’t confer on him infallibility
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Al B Sure
Egg
Egg

Post by Al B Sure »

It’s amazing how you guys knows so much more than the coaches that are tasked with selecting the players :D
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

deanotito wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

If we can’t speak “foul” about the dead, even the “great ones”, there’d be no study of history. You like Keshi...lots of people did. That he’s dead doesn’t confer on him infallibility
Not sure why you are putting the term in quotes...
But making up stories about the dead is FOUL! Not choosing your personal favorites is NOT depravity!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

oscar52 wrote:

Abegi put that foul-mouthed Agbero on ignore...

He was loudly and publicly rooting against Nigeria, when Keshi went on to win our first ANC in almost two decades, became the FIRST African to win the ANC as captain and as coach (the Egyptian dude was not his team's captain), became the FIRST African to qualify two different African countries for the WC finals, and despite his so-called "depravity" became the FIRST African to win a WC game as well as the FIRST African to qualify his team for the WC round of sixteen. But I do not blame these foul-mouthed folks, after all they emanate from a country with a culture and reputation for denigrating and punishing success while idolizing and rewarding failure. Just look at their leadership class! SMDH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Who be Reuben Gabriel? :lol: :lol: Kai SE of late have seen her share of hey yous
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

ANC wrote:Who be Reuben Gabriel? :lol: :lol: Kai SE of late have seen her share of hey yous
IMHO Reuben was clearly unfit for the 2014 WC...
But he's not an "hey you" just because he did not play for a big Oyibo club. SMH @ Colonalized Africans.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I don't remember the guy, the name sounds familiar, and same can be said of many who played for SE in the last decade and half...too many players (example nnamdi oduamadi) have passed through the system. I believe it wasn't always like this, back in the day, even the fringe players were household names, Nduka Ugbade, etc
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Apart from Iwobi, Mikel, Ekong, Balogun, Onazi, Kelechi, Vic Mo, Ndidi and Ighalo, I really can't muster a f*ck to give about the rest.
http://www.naijiant.com/
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Gotti wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

Abegi put that foul-mouthed Agbero on ignore...

He was loudly and publicly rooting against Nigeria, when Keshi went on to win our first ANC in almost two decades, became the FIRST African to win the ANC as captain and as coach (the Egyptian dude was not his team's captain), became the FIRST African to qualify two different African countries for the WC finals, and despite his so-called "depravity" became the FIRST African to win a WC game as well as the FIRST African to qualify his team for the WC round of sixteen. But I do not blame these foul-mouthed folks, after all they emanate from a country with a culture and reputation for denigrating and punishing success while idolizing and rewarding failure. Just look at their leadership class! SMDH
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Nothing more to add sir...remind me to pay my dues with a sweltering hot nkwobi bowl and whatever drink of your choice sir!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...money to be made and or lost. You are talking about Nigerians here :laugh: :laugh:
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I never thought it was that big a deal. Whoever is dropped would most probably not have gotten a game anyway.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

airwolex wrote:I never thought it was that big a deal. Whoever is dropped would most probably not have gotten a game anyway.
You are used to be dropped anyway :taunt: :taunt: ... Right from your local government basketball team up to Cardiff county team... Anyway, you suppose enter the over - 40s team in Lagos :tic:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

deanotito wrote:
:) If Mikel is one of them, izz all ova.

To your original question.... I believe that doing well in competitions like these is only possible if you pay attention to marginal decisions as well as major decisions. Our first 11 picks itself...but you need subs. You need to prepare for potential injuries...You need to prepare to change tactics if necessary. Picking the wrong choice between Ech/Aina could end our WC experience if we have a few bad breaks....same with the midfield choices...or goalie choices

Obviously we need Mikel and he will make the team, but I was just using him to make a point. We have our best 25 players in London, so I can't think of any 2 players that will be dropped except maybe Mikel, Moses, Balogun, or Ekong, that would be earth shattering.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Go and Call Rohr then.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Gotti wrote:
ANC wrote:Who be Reuben Gabriel? :lol: :lol: Kai SE of late have seen her share of hey yous
IMHO Reuben was clearly unfit for the 2014 WC...
But he's not an "hey you" just because he did not play for a big Oyibo club. SMH @ Colonalized Africans.
U dey mind dem................Same Reuben they were all hyping before his injury.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

cic old boy wrote:Apart from Iwobi, Mikel, Ekong, Balogun, Onazi, Kelechi, Vic Mo, Ndidi and Ighalo, I really can't muster a f*ck to give about the rest.
:lol: :lol: me i no send as long as Mikel is there , the rest are just there to make the number ..No Mikel no SE
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved