Uche AGBO: Claims he is not disappointed.....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Uche AGBO: Claims he is not disappointed.....

Post by Enugu II »

Na real wa ooo! Yes, he claims he is not disappointed but when you read his quotes it hits you that he probably is.... Read on.
I’m not disappointed because I wasn’t given a chance and I failed – Dropped Eagles star Uche Agbo
http://scorenigeria.com.ng
By admin - May 31, 2018, 11:19 am47 0
Share on Facebook Tweet on Twitter

Standard Liege midfielder Uche Agbo has told SCORENigeria he was not disappointed to be axed from the country’s World Cup squad because he was not given a chance to show what he is capable and he failed.

Agbo was dropped from the Eagles provisional squad Wednesday along with Dele Ajiboye, Junior Lokosa and Stephen Eze.

Despite his numerous call-ups, the midfielder only featured in a friendly against Togo in Paris last year.

I am not disappointed not to make the World Cup squad,” Agbo told SCORENigeria

“Since the World Cup qualifiers which I have been privileged to be invited right from November 2016, when we went to Ndola to play against Zambia till date, I have been invited for all the qualifiers and the international friendly matches.

But I was not given the chance to play, so I am not disappointed not making the squad.

You should be disappointed if you were given the chance and I failed and then I failed to make the World Cup.”

The versatile star said he was proud of what he achieved with Standard Liege this past season.

My quality as a player is not in doubt after I had a successful season in Belgium by winning the Belgian cup and coming second in the league,” he recounted.

“And I was privileged to be nominated five times in the Team of the Week, and above all I was nominated among the best 11 players in the list of U 21 players in the Belgian league.

He wished the Eagles the best at Russia 2018.

“I wish the team the best of luck in Russia,” he told SCORENigeria

“We are one big family in the camp and I will miss the entire team most especially my roommate Chidozie Awaziem.”

He said he will now spend the holidays with his family in Enugu.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Uche AGBO: Claims he is not disappointed.....

Post by felarey »

He needs a better league. He was up against players at a higher level or SE experience.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

No, there is nothing to be read into what he said. He wasn't given a chance to display what he is skills or compete, so nothing to be disappointed about. It is as simple as that.
Last edited by achuzia-the-air-raid on Thu May 31, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Enugu II wrote:Na real wa ooo! Yes, he claims he is not disappointed but when you read his quotes it hits you that he probably is.... Read on.
I’m not disappointed because I wasn’t given a chance and I failed – Dropped Eagles star Uche Agbo

Standard Liege midfielder Uche Agbo has told SCORENigeria he was not disappointed to be axed from the country’s World Cup squad because he was not given a chance to show what he is capable and he failed.

Agbo was dropped from the Eagles provisional squad Wednesday along with Dele Ajiboye, Junior Lokosa and Stephen Eze.

Despite his numerous call-ups, the midfielder only featured in a friendly against Togo in Paris last year.

“Since the World Cup qualifiers which I have been privileged to be invited right from November 2016, when we went to Ndola to play against Zambia till date, I have been invited for all the qualifiers and the international friendly matches.

But I was not given the chance to play, so I am not disappointed not making the squad.

You should be disappointed if you were given the chance and I failed and then I failed to make the World Cup.”

The versatile star said he was proud of what he achieved with Standard Liege this past season.

My quality as a player is not in doubt after I had a successful season in Belgium by winning the Belgian cup and coming second in the league,” he recounted.

“And I was privileged to be nominated five times in the Team of the Week, and above all I was nominated among the best 11 players in the list of U 21 players in the Belgian league.

“We are one big family in the camp and I will miss the entire team most especially my roommate Chidozie Awaziem.”

That's the right spirit :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: ........................Not some BS about mago mago like Simon Moses/ his Agents.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

felarey wrote:He needs a better league. He was up against players at a higher level or SE experience.
Better league like in Turkey or the Chinese league?
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I think the confusion is in his CHOICE of words. Instead of using "not disappointed", the appropriate words should have been "not surprised."
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Enugu II wrote:Na real wa ooo! Yes, he claims he is not disappointed but when you read his quotes it hits you that he probably is.... Read on.

His agent must have forgotten that invitation envelope is different from selection envelope. There are levels to this Sh1t. Agbo is probably a better player than agu but agu's agent has paid more money.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

9jaMan wrote:

His agent must have forgotten that invitation envelope is different from selection envelope. There are levels to this Sh1t. Agbo is probably a better player than agu but agu's agent has paid more money.
So Rohr is corrupt too? :mrgreen: ......................at least, Nigerians are 'equal-opportunity' accusers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

His time will come.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Why are you trying to create controversy where there isn’t? He’s definitely speaking the truth.
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote:He needs a better league. He was up against players at a higher level or SE experience.
When he first joined Rohr's team he was on loan with Granada in La Liga (having signed for Watford See here ). Rohr even praised his display against Barcelona, but still didn't really give him a chance in the qualifiers and then in the friendlies afterwards. Just seems like he's one of Rohr's preferred training cones, seems like he has a great attitude, he will do his job, train hard, fight hard, won't disappoint and will leave camp peacefully after not taking part in any real SE activities. Poor lad.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

9jaMan wrote:

Its not agent, Rohr has a relationship with Agu's club coach at the time Paul Le Guen who recommended Agu in the first place scratch my back then I scratch yours by recommending Shehu who this club coach then bought.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:No, there is nothing to be read into what he said. He wasn't given a chance to display what he is skills or compete, so nothing to be disappointed about. It is as simple as that.

I agree. He sounds like he is confident in his abilities and is simply stating that he didnt fail, but was not given a chance to show what he can offer.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

His time will come. There is life in the SE after the WC... At this level and with level of competition in the middle of the park, you have to stamp your authority and own the shirt at any giving opportunity.

Rohr has seen the guy up close in training multiple times and is in a better place to judge.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mr Shows wrote:His time will come. There is life in the SE after the WC... At this level and with level of competition in the middle of the park, you have to stamp your authority and own the shirt at any giving opportunity.

Rohr has seen the guy up close in training multiple times and is in a better place to judge.
Yes so how many more times does he need to see him? That’s my question, if you see this guy is not good enough to push the other players then why not invite another midfielder that may be able to push the current ones?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

maceo4 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:His time will come. There is life in the SE after the WC... At this level and with level of competition in the middle of the park, you have to stamp your authority and own the shirt at any giving opportunity.

Yes so how many more times does he need to see him? That’s my question, if you see this guy is not good enough to push the other players then why not invite another midfielder that may be able to push the current ones?
I don't think it is a straight case of him not being good enough but the traffic in front of him. He a probably on standby for the WC.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mr Shows wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

I don't think it is a straight case of him not being good enough but the traffic in front of him. He a probably on standby for the WC.
That’s a heck of a lot of traffic where he can’t even get a chance to play in friendlies. You can see some things in training but you really have to put a player in a game situation to judge what they can offer. It’s just an odd invite to me.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Well unfortunately the squad has to be scaled to the required amount for a FIFA World Cup,if you don’t make the list there’s not much that can change that, some nations did this two weeks ago!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
Better league like in Turkey or the Chinese league?
Or SE experience. Can he displace Onazi (Turkey) or Mikel (China)? It's definitely a question worth asking Rohr why he never played him. Can't be good for his morale.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote:I think the confusion is in his CHOICE of words. Instead of using "not disappointed", the appropriate words should have been "not surprised."
...command and usage a of a foreign language is a problem for us. I don't fault him at all, our lawmakers say convey worse.
okuns
Egg
Egg

Post by okuns »

In addition, does Agbo have the know how to displace known and proven commodities like Mikel and Onazi in a World Cup environment? Can he be a leader, a fighter, a sufferer on the pitch for the sake of the team when the going gets tough against persistent assault? I will always defer to the Coach on issues like this because ultimately he/she is solely responsible for delivering... And if he fails, then it is fair to criticize.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:
When he first joined Rohr's team he was on loan with Granada in La Liga (having signed for Watford See here ). Rohr even praised his display against Barcelona, but still didn't really give him a chance in the qualifiers and then in the friendlies afterwards. Just seems like he's one of Rohr's preferred training cones, seems like he has a great attitude, he will do his job, train hard, fight hard, won't disappoint and will leave camp peacefully after not taking part in any real SE activities. Poor lad.
This...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote:That’s a heck of a lot of traffic where he can’t even get a chance to play in friendlies. You can see some things in training but you really have to put a player in a game situation to judge what they can offer. It’s just an odd invite to me.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Almost 2 years of repeated invites...
But (sans 32 mins against Togo B) not even good enough for friendlies?
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL