My Respect to Rohr for the courage to drop Aina for Echejiel

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chuks69
Egg
Egg
My Respect to Rohr for the courage to drop Aina for Echejiel

Post by chuks69 »

Rohr has shown uncommon courage.. considering the fact that Aina was cajouled with a World Cup place to switch Allegiance to Nigeria..
For me Aina didnt loose out to Echejiele but to Tyronne Ebuehi and Brian Idowu.. I must admit Ebuehi improvement has been massive.. One of the best RB in Eredivise and his handling of Di Maria... Because Aina can also play Right back.
I wish Aina doesnt get offended and still remain committed with the Eagles squad..because Echejiele position would open after the World Cup..
afc##
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: My Respect to Rohr for the courage to drop Aina for Eche

Post by pajimoh »

chuks69 wrote:Rohr has shown uncommon courage.. considering the fact that Aina was cajouled with a World Cup place to switch Allegiance to Nigeria..
For me Aina didnt loose out to Echejiele but to Tyronne Ebuehi and Brian Idowu.. I must admit Ebuehi improvement has been massive.. One of the best RB in Eredivise and his handling of Di Maria... Because Aina can also play Right back.
I wish Aina doesnt get offended and still remain committed with the Eagles squad..because Echejiele position would open after the World Cup..
How do you know Aina has been dropped, source please?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Keep believing owngoal
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:Keep believing owngoal
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
Damunk wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

The site's name is OWNGOAL, I don't understand how people take it seriously.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

chuks69 wrote:Rohr has shown uncommon courage.. considering the fact that Aina was cajouled with a World Cup place to switch Allegiance to Nigeria..
There's no upside taking a mediocre Echijile over Aina.

NONE!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
gmoni1
Egg
Egg

Post by gmoni1 »

hmmmmmmmmmmm
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

I see. Look at me worrying thinking your info is not genuine. It's"owngoal" so it must be koshar.

Abeg make I go watch paint dry. Mssshheewww :arrow:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Aina would only make the team if Ebuehi doesnt go or his slight injury rules him out..
afc##
lekanlij
Egg
Egg

Post by lekanlij »

I think the last 2 to be dropped are Simon Moses and Mikel Agu. There's little chance for Mikel Agu to make it.... while Simon Moses is unfortunate with injury. Echiejiele would midst likely start for us barring injury or poor performance.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

lekanlij wrote:I think the last 2 to be dropped are Simon Moses and Mikel Agu. There's little chance for Mikel Agu to make it.... while Simon Moses is unfortunate with injury. Echiejiele would midst likely start for us barring injury or poor performance.
Actually I think Brian Idowu has locked down that LB position.
We shall see
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Cellular wrote:

NONE!

KPOM. I will lose a lot of respect for Rohr if he does the following.

Echijele adds nothing to the attack and he is mediocre defensively.

Did you see how Aina at least joined the attack, did you see his long throw ins, although he does seem to get caught out in the back when he ventures forward, and that would be my problem with him.

Aina is faster, younger, has been playing more often and at a higher level last season, is versatile, and is less likely to get injured, and with him we are building for the future.

Echijele is just holding on to deadwood.

That red card challenge against DR Congo is a preview of what is to come if we take him to Russia.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Aina has been crap in gwg. He’s probably better at his preferred position tho...
Elderson is better defensively (see how he locked down Mahrez), Aina is better going forward.

I wanted Aina to win the fight, but how can an unbiased man select him over Echiejile. Aina was plain terrible vs DR Congo.

Idowu would be my starter in Russia. Against England I would start Idowu and have Aina finish the game. Aina’s last chance.
Last edited by Synopsis on Wed May 30, 2018 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

vancity eagle wrote:
Cellular wrote:

NONE!

KPOM. I will lose a lot of respect for Rohr if he does the following.

Echijele adds nothing to the attack and he is mediocre defensively.

Did you see how Aina at least joined the attack, did you see his long throw ins, although he does seem to get caught out in the back when he ventures forward, and that would be my problem with him.

Aina is faster, younger, has been playing more often and at a higher level last season, is versatile, and is less likely to get injured, and with him we are building for the future.

Echijele is just holding on to deadwood.

That red card challenge against DR Congo is a preview of what is to come if we take him to Russia.
Don't really see what Rohr sees in Echijile.

One player whose presence in the team has not paid any dividends for him... his club fortune has actually retrogressed.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Synopsis wrote:Aina has been crap in gwg. He’s probably better at his preferred position tho...
Elderson is better defensively (see how he locked down Mahrez), Aina is better going forward.

I wanted Aina to win the fight, but how can an unbiased man select him over Echiejile. Aina was plain terrible vs DR Congo.

Idowu would be my starter in Russia. Against England I would start Idowu and have Aina finish the game. Aina’s last chance.
He was mediocre against DRC but he like Iheanacho and some others were playing way too cautiously for my liking.
But he gives us a versatility that Echiejile doesn't give us.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Synopsis wrote:Aina has been crap in gwg. He’s probably better at his preferred position tho...

and what of that red card tackle from Echijele. Most players were poor against DR Congo.

Shame on the NFF for organizing that friendly on that pitch, they could have at least played at Uyo.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: "Owngoal?" Haven't you heard that Owngoal is ...? Well, na you sabi
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Cellular wrote:

NONE!

That’s what they all say until a blood rush to the head pushes Aina to clumsily bring down an opposing player in the box. Penalty. Bye Bye Nigeria

Look, Ech is the better and safer pick. We do not need to be blooding championship players in the WC...if we don’t entirely need to. Uwa’s club fortunes have nosedived too, but he at least has experience.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

deanotito wrote:Look, Ech is the better and safer pick. We do not need to be blooding championship players in the WC...if we don’t entirely need to. Uwa’s club fortunes have nosedived too, but he at least has experience.
Experience of what?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

The YeyeMan wrote:
deanotito wrote:Look, Ech is the better and safer pick. We do not need to be blooding championship players in the WC...if we don’t entirely need to. Uwa’s club fortunes have nosedived too, but he at least has experience.
Experience of what?

I don't think I need to answer that. You know already. You don't like him, and that is fine, but that he has experience at the highest levels of soccer is incontrovertible.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet