the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Post by ohenhen1 »

kalani JR wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
kalani JR wrote:I thought the booing wasn't personal and more jokey style ribbing. For all of you angry that he's playing for England, get over it, they developed him. Super Eagles can't play absentee then come for every player with a Nigerian ancestor and think its our divine right to them.
He started out playing in Nigeria. Nigeria partly developed him. I doubt he will be this good without the Nigerian influence in his game.
Which club/youth team did he play for in Nigeria?

You can see the Nigerian flare in his game. He played in Nigeria from age 8 to 11. I don't know the name of his youth team or club.
Please name a team, playing in the street or school at 8 or 10 doesn’t count as development nor does it compare to what the FA and MK Dons did for him.
Iwobi was born in Nigeria, and grew up in Nigeria.

Players like Iheanacho, Nwakili and etc were developed in Nigeria. We don't even need him. I just don't like the idea of him playing for England

I really like the U15 program setup by the NFF

Also we also have the new U17 Stephen Keshi National tournament that will start this year.

We have great academies like the Pepsi academy. Pepsi academy discovered Mikel and Onazi.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Cellular wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Cellular wrote:
cic old boy wrote:
1naija wrote:Funny thing is many of you justifying the boos have pikins that can chose to represent their country of birth instead of Nigeria. I wonder how you would feel if the boos directed at someone you know because they chose to represent their country of birth. I think it was stupid to boo him.
I'd boo my own son if he played for England against Nigeria! I used to like Glenn Hoddle as a player and when he was appointed England manager, my bro asked whether I will start supporting England. I told him I won't support England even if I was their coach. :taunt:
Kpom!

Booing is actually a compliment. Do pipul boo scrubs?
i don't think they are complimenting your redskins when the crowd is booing their poor performance.

but yes, booing can be a compliment.
When you are booing a team, you are booing their performance.

When you are booing a player it is because he is someone that you care enough to boo...
not always the case... when the ravens fans boo flacco this season it is because they want to see lamar jackson.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

muzines wrote:
marko wrote:Nigerians are just a replica of their government, praising their thief leaders, saw that today, instead of them booing their naive players in the 1st half who did not seem to know their right from left, could not lay a single pass, knocking each other out cold because of zero Communication, these are the same set of fans that are booing dele ali forgetting there are other black and mixed race players in the england set up, if Nigerian players get booed in Russia, they will cry racism right, dele alli made a right choice not to play with these disjointed set of players
You are a moron, and I am being serious. You want Nigerian fans to boo the Nigerian team away from home, when they are not playing well. I would think fans should encourage the team when they are not doing well, especially away from home...but what do I know. I’m not a moron, I guess...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
onwuatuegwu
Egg
Egg

Post by onwuatuegwu »

cchinukw wrote:What rubbish. Open a thread to castigate SE fans for doing what the English fans were doing to our boys? Its part of the deal. Not personal.
It is colomentality at its best.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

onwuatuegwu wrote:
muzines wrote:
marko wrote:Nigerians are just a replica of their government, praising their thief leaders, saw that today, instead of them booing their naive players in the 1st half who did not seem to know their right from left, could not lay a single pass, knocking each other out cold because of zero Communication, these are the same set of fans that are booing dele ali forgetting there are other black and mixed race players in the england set up, if Nigerian players get booed in Russia, they will cry racism right, dele alli made a right choice not to play with these disjointed set of players
You are a moron, and I am being serious. You want Nigerian fans to boo the Nigerian team away from home, when they are not playing well. I would think fans should encourage the team when they are not doing well, especially away from home...but what do I know. I’m not a moron, I guess...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
There was nothing that could discourage Onazi from playing academicals football
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Opposing fans don't need a reason to boo an opposing player, here they've got one. In the stands, it is a privilege to boo an opposing player.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I may be wrong but I think Nigerian fans started booing Alli only after the situation where Balogun and Obi clashed, but Alli played on like nothing had happened.
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

Iwobi played for england youth teams did he get booed from the English fans? Anyway booing is just banter to unsettled the opposition player
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

cic old boy wrote: I'd boo my own son if he played for England against Nigeria!
well fwiw, i'd cheer him if he played for England but mainly for humanitarian reasons
anyone who inherits your repulsiveness, and sheer stupidity deserves all the encouragement they need in life
why heap further suffering on someone who has lost the genetic lottery in such spectacular fashion
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Wow! So i think this thread has gone on for too long.
Just to sum up - they booed Dele because:

1. They were trying to compliment him; and
2. He picked a foreign country over his fatherland (even though he was never invited to play for his fatherland ); and
3. We "think he is ashamed of his Naija heritage"; and
4. "MAJORITY OF THE FANS YESTERDAY BOOED HIM BECAUSE OF NEGLECTING HIS PARENTS"; and
5. He "has not taken time to associate with his heritage" ; "he has to acknowledge his roots"; and
6. He "pretends not to have an heritage just to belong" kai. :lol: ; and
7. fans only started booing Alli after the situation where Balogun and Obi clashed, but Alli played on like nothing had happened. (Lie)

Ok i think that covers it.
there's nothing idiotic or ignorant about any of the abovelisted reasons
I'll pass your feedback over to Dele.
I think we can close the thread now
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

smartbrother wrote:
well fwiw, i'd cheer him if he played for England but mainly for humanitarian reasons
anyone who inherits your repulsiveness, and sheer stupidity deserves all the encouragement they need in life
why heap further suffering on someone who has lost the genetic lottery in such spectacular fashion
Boo! I'll never get over someone as dumb as a doorknob like you calling themselves "smartbrother". Smart people know that smart people never call themselves "smart". As Charles Bukowski said:'The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.'
http://www.naijiant.com/
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

smartbrother wrote:Wow! So i think this thread has gone on for too long.
It's gone on long enough for you to be embarrassed by your own stupidity - if you were "smart" enough to see it. You should have called time on your dopey thoughts b/4 hitting the keyboard.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

When Dele Alli first burst onto the scene with Tottenham in the 2015/2016 season, his name quickly struck a chord among Nigerians.

The name ‘Dele” was clearly of Yoruba descent and soon enough it bespoke that he was born to a Nigerian father Kehinde
An ‘aha’ moment that soon made him very topical to the Nigerian press, Premier League enthusiasts in Nigeria and expectedly whispers of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) having a crack at recruiting him.

Disappointingly, Alli had no tie-in with Nigeria and has gone on to become a full England international.

So what happened?
A host of players of Nigerian descent have gone on to play for other countries, boys who grew up with little or no bond to their parents’ country and culture. And that's understandable.

Alli, however, is not in this group.

As a child, he spent almost a year in Nigeria with his father and attended a school in Lagos.

According to his father Kehinde, Alli is a Yoruba prince through his birth.

He had a very close relationship with Kehinde and relocated with him to Houston, Texas. Alli was his father’s best man when he married his second wife Lola in 2006.

So why is Alli who spent almost a year in Nigeria and had a good relationship with this father so far removed from his Nigerian roots?

Early life
Alli was born in Milton Keynes, United Kingdom in April 1996 to Kehinde and an English woman Denise. Kehinde who was in the United Kingdom studying for a Masters at De Montfort University had met Denise at a nightclub.

Kehinde and Denise got married but separated three years after Alli was born. Although separated, the couple was very close and raised him together.

Alli cuts ties
Alli left his father and returned to England at the age of 11 to focus on football.

“It was hard for me to let him go but I knew it was the best thing for him and his ambition,” Kehinde told Sunday Mirror-both Alli’s parents had a sit-down interview with the newspaper.

While in England, Alli moved in with a family of one of his teammates at his first club MK Dons. He refers to them as his ‘adoptive parents’ although he was never legally adopted.

“When he was about 13 Dele began training at MK Dons five days a week. So for convenience, he began staying at his best friend’s house during the week, before coming home on weekends. It was hard to let him live away from home, but we didn’t have a car and I was finding it hard to get him to training myself,” his mum Denise said in the interview.

His mum was suffering from alcoholism and voluntarily gave him to this ‘adoptive parents’ to keep the youngster away from her unfavourable surroundings.

“It has been said that I was suffering from alcoholism and I gave him up because I couldn’t look after him, but that is a lie. I wanted to give him the best chance of achieving his dream, but he was still my son and I was there for him whenever he needed me.

“He was never adopted by his friend’s parents – I would not have ­allowed it. My kids are my world.”

In this interview, Kehinde and Denise revealed details on the breakdown of their relationship with their son Alli.

According to them, Alli gradually began to withdraw from them after signing his professional contract with MK Dons at the age of 16. He last spoke to his mum in 2015.

“He was in great spirits and said, ‘I love you mum’. I had no idea that would be the last time I would see him. It still leaves me shocked,” Denise said about the last time she saw Alli.

Both Kehinde and Denise have made a series of attempts to see Dele, either by attending Tottenham games, visiting the training ground and even by joining stadium tours.

The midfielder stopped answering their phone calls, he stayed away from family events before cutting ties completely.

Denise revealed that she tried to talk to Alli after a game at White Hart Lane in 2017 but the midfielder simply ignored her and walked to his car.

“I waited outside after the match and when Dele came out I quietly said to him. ‘Dele... it’s me... your mum.

“He didn’t stop. He just looked at me, said he was busy and drove off. I was in tears, it was heartbreaking.”

Kehinde who is a millionaire oil, gas and technology entrepreneur has made several trips to London from Houston to try to reunite with his son.

He has attended games just to see his son in flesh and support him and he insists the midfielder’s new riches and fame are not the reasons he wants to reunite with his son.

“Not being able to see or speak to him hurts a lot. Myself and his brothers watch all his games on TV and they ask me, ‘Why won’t he see us?,” Kehinde said.

Some reports have it that Alli believes his father was never there for him growing up but that’s also confusing for Kehinde.

“I can’t understand that. He lived with me for years and I have always been there for him both emotionally and financially.

“Up until he was an adult I paid for every holiday he ever went on and all his costs. I bought him his first car when he passed his driving test. Now he is turning his back on the family who love him.

“I know some people will think we just want him for his money, but it couldn’t be further from the truth. I’m very wealthy in my own right and I don’t need a penny from Dele.

“I just want to be here for him and for him to know that I love him.”

According to Sunday Mirror, Alli was contacted following his parents’ claims but he said he had no comment.

Tough times for Ali
HIs parents’ plea also comes at a time when he’s having a tough time on and off the pitch.

Although he has managed five goals in 25 Premier League appearances this season and two goals in three Champions League games-including the brace goal against Real Madrid- Alli has made headlines for his reputation for diving.
https://amp.pulse.ng/sports/football/de ... ssion=true
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

cic old boy wrote:'The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.'
so is that why you are an utter failure in life?
who runs a trash can of an online blog ?
because you were you full of doubts in your youth?lmao
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

smartbrother wrote:
cic old boy wrote: I'd boo my own son if he played for England against Nigeria!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:
smartbrother wrote:
Boo! I'll never get over someone as dumb as a doorknob like you calling themselves "smartbrother". Smart people know that smart people never call themselves "smart". As Charles Bukowski said:'The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.'
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

There are many kids in similar circumstances that will write off their parents, nobody knows what he went through and nobody has the moral right to judge him, i do hope he reconciles with his parents at some stage
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

smartbrother wrote:
so is that why you are an utter failure in life?
who runs a trash can of an online blog ?
because you were you full of doubts in your youth?lmao
Boo!!! The only thing you've ever run in your idiotic life is your dumb mouth. How daft can you be not to know that we boo Alli b/c he's a good player that rejected us and we wish he didn't. Such nuances are over your dumb head. Nobody booed when you left your village of Dumbsville. They were glad that they were finally rid of you.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
BOOOO!!!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

smartbrother wrote:Wow! So i think this thread has gone on for too long.
Just to sum up - they booed Dele because:

1. They were trying to compliment him; and
2. He picked a foreign country over his fatherland (even though he was never invited to play for his fatherland ); and
3. We "think he is ashamed of his Naija heritage"; and
4. "MAJORITY OF THE FANS YESTERDAY BOOED HIM BECAUSE OF NEGLECTING HIS PARENTS"; and
5. He "has not taken time to associate with his heritage" ; "he has to acknowledge his roots"; and
6. He "pretends not to have an heritage just to belong" kai. :lol: ; and
7. fans only started booing Alli after the situation where Balogun and Obi clashed, but Alli played on like nothing had happened. (Lie)

Ok i think that covers it.
there's nothing idiotic or ignorant about any of the abovelisted reasons
I'll pass your feedback over to Dele.
I think we can close the thread now
Good luck to Dele and all. I think Nigeria has moved on without him. Thank you.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

niyi wrote:
“When he was about 13 Dele began training at MK Dons five days a week. So for convenience, he began staying at his best friend’s house during the week, before coming home on weekends. It was hard to let him live away from home, but we didn’t have a car and I was finding it hard to get him to training myself,” his mum Denise said in the interview.

His mum was suffering from alcoholism and voluntarily gave him to this ‘adoptive parents’ to keep the youngster away from her unfavourable surroundings.

“It has been said that I was suffering from alcoholism and I gave him up because I couldn’t look after him, but that is a lie. I wanted to give him the best chance of achieving his dream, but he was still my son and I was there for him whenever he needed me.

“He was never adopted by his friend’s parents – I would not have ­allowed it. My kids are my world.”

In this interview, Kehinde and Denise revealed details on the breakdown of their relationship with their son Alli.

According to them, Alli gradually began to withdraw from them after signing his professional contract with MK Dons at the age of 16. He last spoke to his mum in 2015.

“He was in great spirits and said, ‘I love you mum’. I had no idea that would be the last time I would see him. It still leaves me shocked,” Denise said about the last time she saw Alli.

https://amp.pulse.ng/sports/football/de ... ssion=true
This long distance parenting nor be am.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

cchinukw, circumstances sometimes dictate hard choices. Further it wasn't long distance parenting since Dele moved in with his mother after he left his father in Houston.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!