the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Post by ohsee »

The YeyeMan wrote: Agreed, the support was great. One of the few if not only highlight aside from Iwobi's goal.

Nothing wrong with booing Dele, it was pantomime stuff. Besides, this is a guy who once claimed he was called Dele because of the Stadio Delle Alpi in Turin. For that alone, he should be booed. :lol:
:lol: :lol:
The guy is a useless young man. I think he is ashamed of his Naija heritage. Let us not forget that, according to media reports, he is estranged from his parents, and does not talk to them. Apparently they are nonplussed about it, and have tried everything to find out why. His father is a wealthy man who does not want his money. To us Naijas, to reject mama and papa is a no-no, and that alone deserves some serious booing. Me sef for boo am if I dey dia, but I am too mush of a gentulmans. :D :taunt:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/d ... ue-9918748

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

The likeness is striking, thanks for this perspective. Still let him be, hopefully, he would learn the errors of his ways with time if your version of accounts is correct.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We don't have the full story. But it is weird for him to go cold turkey on his parents. Even if they wronged you badly. You don't go cold turkey like this. It is strange. Even if he was angry, he would communicate that anger directly, some sort of communication. Blood ties means something.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Nothing wrong with the booing. If that match was in Lagos, Onazi and Obi would have been booed for impersonating footballers.

Funny enough it wasn't until yesterday that I thought that he could help in anyway. He played well and helped over-run our pedestrian midfield.

Only Alli knows why he's acting the way he is. Leave him; if he was a yob on the streets nobody would care anyway.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

green4life wrote:Whomever started this thread plus his supporters are a bunch clowns.

This is a no love lost situation. He picked a foreign country over his fatherland and you are wondering about the treatment? Is he one of us while he's wearing England jersey and playing against us? Please. Mad respect for our fans at wembely today for supporting the boys and booing the opposition including known traitors. If you no like am, jump off Niger bridge.
You can't be serious.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Funny thing is many of you justifying the boos have pikins that can chose to represent their country of birth instead of Nigeria. I wonder how you would feel if the boos directed at someone you know because they chose to represent their country of birth. I think it was stupid to boo him.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

cchinukw wrote:What rubbish. Open a thread to castigate SE fans for doing what the English fans were doing to our boys? Its part of the deal. Not personal.
So both fans lack class then.

I do not care if it is the norm, it is classless. And if it is the norm then football needs to have more class injected into it.

There is NO REASON to boo Dele, he did nothing. Booing a player for me is not something you do as casually as breathing. I have always felt that true football fans give ovation when it is due and boo only when it is due. When Ronaldo played well, Juventus stood up, when a player injures another carelessly, you boo.

You do not boo a player for playing for the country of his birth. What's next, booing a player because you don't like the way he jogs? And this talk about throwing a player off his game, abeg...what are we a bunch of clowns? Football is competitive I get that, an elbow here, a disparaging terrace chant there, but booing for no reason is CLASSLESS. If you want to do it fine, it says a lot about your upbringing.

Because you are competing should not trip you of common decency, have a modicum of respect. Where does it end? Do we become like the North Africans? Shining green lasers?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Nna,

You guys are overdoing it. There are a lot worse things that get done to players, including monkey chants and throwing of bananas. I definitely feel the booing was a bit weird since Alli has actually never been approached by Nigeria but it is what it is. The real classless thing was yelling Ghana must go to Welbeck, but even that is nothing to get twisted over.

I love the dudes attitude. Mentally tough and decent enough baller. Good luck to him and Welbeck in the WC.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I cant believe this stupid thread has 3 pages. Players get booed all the time. If this match was in Lagos, the entire Nigerian team would have been booed. Dele Alli was booed so what? Who cares?? Geez you guys have spent too much time abroad.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Oh but but Egypt shine lasers too, it's all part of the game, we can't be seen having a jolly good time, we gotta be hostile. Oh so we came with projectiles, smashed beer bottles, here and there, oh if ultras in Turkey do it, surely it's alright. Oh what's a flare in the face every now and again. You guys are opening up a can of worms here.

Look you guys draw the line wherever you guys want to draw it. If you guys want to organize green lasers, that's fine.

but me personally I think creating an hostile environment means being self-contained, but noticeable and not booing players who have not done anything wrong.

and I don't want someone to give me a walk through the history of football, there is a lot wrong with the beautiful game. It needs reform in so many ways!

BTW I didn't hear the English boo Victor Moses and Iwobi, perhaps my TV wasn't loud enough. Ex England youth, who 'defected', in your can of worms situation, they should be booed again and again.

Look football can be classy, I have seen glimpses of it, stop acting like it is too much to ask. If you boo for no reason, the whole game will descend into a Zoo, with a sound more deafening than Vuvuzelas. I am not saying don't boo, but have a real reason next time!

Alli did nothing wrong. I don't even like the guy, I just don't see why he should be attacked.
Last edited by Tbite on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

bret- hart wrote:I cant believe this stupid thread has 3 pages. Players get booed all the time. If this match was in Lagos, the entire Nigerian team would have been booed. Dele Alli was booed so what? Who cares?? Geez you guys have spent too much time abroad.
That's why no game is played in Lagos anymore. Nobody wants such uncivilized behavior.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1naija wrote:
bret- hart wrote:I cant believe this stupid thread has 3 pages. Players get booed all the time. If this match was in Lagos, the entire Nigerian team would have been booed. Dele Alli was booed so what? Who cares?? Geez you guys have spent too much time abroad.
That's why no game is played in Lagos anymore. Nobody wants such uncivilized behavior.

Maybe we should move our matches back to Lagos so our players will give their 100% at all times and know that if they don't, they will hear it from the fans. When we played in Lagos back in the day, we NEVER lost to any opposition and won 99% of all our matches. Now a days we are struggling to beat the likes of Congo and losing to South Fuuking Africa at home.
Last edited by bret- hart on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tbite wrote:Oh but but Egypt shine lasers too, it's all part of the game, we can't be seen having a jolly good time, we gotta be hostile. Oh so we came with projectiles, smashed beer bottles, here and there, oh if ultras in Turkey do it, surely it's alright. Oh what's a flare in the face every now and again. You guys are opening up a can of worms here.

Look you guys draw the line wherever you guys want to draw it. If you guys want to organize green lasers, that's fine.

but me personally I think creating an hostile environment means being self-contained, but noticeable and not booing players who have not done anything wrong.

and I don't want someone to give me a walk through the history of football, there is a lot wrong with the beautiful game. It needs reform in so many ways!

BTW I didn't hear the English boo Victor Moses and Iwobi, perhaps my TV wasn't loud enough. Ex England youth, who 'defected', in your can of worms situation, they should be booed again and again.

Look football can be classy, I have seen glimpses of it, stop acting like it is too much to ask. If you boo for no reason, the whole game will descend into a Zoo, with a sound more deafening than Vuvuzelas. I am not saying don't boo, but have a real reason next time!

Alli did nothing wrong. I don't even like the guy, I just don't see why he should be attacked.

Please please please, do not compare Nigerian fans to those vile North Africans who intimidate referees, invade pitches right before a PK, harass and assault referees and opposing players, not to mention use lasers on opposing players especially keepers. Nigerian fans must be given their due. We are one of the best behaved fans in international football.

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Just because you discuss something does not mean you are obsessed about it.

I watched the game live, but was never going to start a thread about this. I was more fixated on the good performance from Iwobi, the terrible performance from Onazi and the annoying English pundits.

I am debating because people are defending the booing. I want to understand the logic behind people defending that behaviour.

I do not buy the excuse of history, like I said football is a mess in so many ways, it needs to be reformed from bottom up and top down. Financial irregularities, classless fans, bad officiating, so much wrong with the game that I love as much as life itself.

and I do not buy the excuse of cynicism. Cynicism has no place in football imo. Whether it be of the physical variety (Ramos etc. or the verbal variety). Be hostile, be tough, but be fair. If you are not fair you are nothing.

Now a little bit of terrace banter fine (as long as it is not derogatory). This is not a free for all, all or nothing sport that some classless hooligans think it is. There are lines!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote:Funny thing is many of you justifying the boos have pikins that can chose to represent their country of birth instead of Nigeria. I wonder how you would feel if the boos directed at someone you know because they chose to represent their country of birth. I think it was stupid to boo him.
My son will have the choice of representing England if he is good enough. If he does I will expect him to be booed. That is standard fare.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

aruako1 wrote:
1naija wrote:Funny thing is many of you justifying the boos have pikins that can chose to represent their country of birth instead of Nigeria. I wonder how you would feel if the boos directed at someone you know because they chose to represent their country of birth. I think it was stupid to boo him.
My son will have the choice of representing England if he is good enough. If he does I will expect him to be booed. That is standard fare.
If you say so ..
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

1naija wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
If you say so ..
I certainly say so.
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

ohsee wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote: Agreed, the support was great. One of the few if not only highlight aside from Iwobi's goal.

Nothing wrong with booing Dele, it was pantomime stuff. Besides, this is a guy who once claimed he was called Dele because of the Stadio Delle Alpi in Turin. For that alone, he should be booed. :lol:
The guy is a useless young man. I think he is ashamed of his Naija heritage. Let us not forget that, according to media reports, he is estranged from his parents, and does not talk to them. Apparently they are nonplussed about it, and have tried everything to find out why. His father is a wealthy man who does not want his money. To us Naijas, to reject mama and papa is a no-no, and that alone deserves some serious booing. Me sef for boo am if I dey dia, but I am too mush of a gentulmans. :D :taunt:

FYI not a picture of his dad but his uncle, dad's older brother. Never an abandoned kid as many have noted here. He lived with Dad in houston, he lived in Nigeria for over a year and visited dad in houston most summers even while at last club before tottenham (Milton Keynes Dons) .
Even the move out of his mother's house was due to neighborhood people he was starting to hang with (bad influence). His best friend's father whose son also played on the same team convinced his mom to let him come stay with him. All financial support was still borne by his father. Even when he still played on Milton Keynes Don's he was getting monthly pocket money from father. This only ended right before signing with Tottenham. At no point was he ever abandoned.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:Whomever started this thread plus his supporters are a bunch clowns.

This is a no love lost situation. He picked a foreign country over his fatherland and you are wondering about the treatment? Is he one of us while he's wearing England jersey and playing against us? Please. Mad respect for our fans at wembely today for supporting the boys and booing the opposition including known traitors. If you no like am, jump off Niger bridge.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i tried to stay away from this thread because I have a deep dislike for this player for other reasons. however, I had to applaud this. and the thread starter and his supporters are stuppid iddiots
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ohsee wrote:

GOOD STORY TO READ

Quite different from the impression left by others indicating that:

1) The estrangement was with the father only
2) The father was some kind of failure who abandoned the family and didn't care about his boy
3) Dele had no connection with Nigeria (in fact he might have honed some of his skills while in Nigeria); probably knows a few Yoruba and pidgin words and almost certainly ate amala.
4) That Dele grew up with street boys
5) Facially looks very much like his dad.

Not appropriate to speculate on why he wouldn't contact his family, especially as it seems his mother is struggling financially. I hope he doesn't regret it only after it's too late. There are kids who resent it deeply when their parents are not around for them (out trying to make it financially) but it seems his mother was there. Looking at him on the field sometimes, he doesn't look too happy like a person with something in his mind. That said, it's his right to choose to play for whoever he wants.
Bell
Last edited by Bell on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

marko wrote:Nigerians are just a replica of their government, praising their thief leaders, saw that today, instead of them booing their naive players in the 1st half who did not seem to know their right from left, could not lay a single pass, knocking each other out cold because of zero Communication, these are the same set of fans that are booing dele ali forgetting there are other black and mixed race players in the england set up, if Nigerian players get booed in Russia, they will cry racism right, dele alli made a right choice not to play with these disjointed set of players
IT'S ONE THING TO TAKE ISSUE WITH THE FANS' BEHAVIOR, BUT...

...I'm not sure why you're taking out on the players (yes, their play was poor) and calling them names and questioning their intelligence? The friendly collisions were unfortunate but I don't think it's necessarily due to "zero communication". Sometimes, team mates can both go for it because they are not sure what the other guy is going to do. And most people would tell you it's better for both to go for it than neither. And I don't know why you'd want to equate the booing of a player with the hostile racist attitudes of fans in certain countries? I've always felt that people doing their best (as opposed to slacking or some other misbehavior) need to be left alone in as much as those criticizing them have the right and opportunity to represent their side but were unable to.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

You dont understand football culture, so forget it.
Go back to running commentary on rounders, abi na baseball una dey call am for US.
If my pikin ever played for England vs Naija and gets booed, we will laugh about it because we understand the context.
Na yabbis - and recognition.
Simple. 8-)
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote:Nothing wrong with the booing. If that match was in Lagos, Onazi and Obi would have been booed for impersonating footballers.

Funny enough it wasn't until yesterday that I thought that he could help in anyway. He played well and helped over-run our pedestrian midfield.

Only Alli knows why he's acting the way he is. Leave him; if he was a yob on the streets nobody would care anyway.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "