the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: the treatment of DELE ALLI today

Post by Mr. Piffington »

It has nothing to do with football culture and everything to do with Nigeria's pettiness and ridiculousness. You people need to stop trying to spin this one. The young man owes Nigeria nothing, if he feels no connection there then that's all there is to it, life goes on. He's English.

It's the same behavior I noticed from a lot of weirdos who hate on young players of Nigerian descent who decide to play for their country of birth, the land were they grew up and learned to play football. You think everybody has this weird mentality that they owe their "fatherland" anything because they have a Nigerian parent? Go fix your damn country and produce fine players that were born there and maybe people like Dele Alli will be begging to play for you.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:It has nothing to do with football culture and everything to do with Nigeria's pettiness and ridiculousness. You people need to stop trying to spin this one. The young man owes Nigeria nothing, if he feels no connection there then that's all there is to it, life goes on. He's English.

It's the same behavior I noticed from a lot of weirdos who hate on young players of Nigerian descent who decide to play for their country of birth, the land were they grew up and learned to play football. You think everybody has this weird mentality that they owe their "fatherland" anything because they have a Nigerian parent? Go fix your damn country and produce fine players that were born there and maybe people like Dele Alli will be begging to play for you.
If we hate him so much why is he not front page on this site every day -(he is a big player)? You need to give it a rest. The fans did what other fans do - they booed one of their own who decided to play for another team. We do not need Dele Alli to beg to play for us even as we have not fixed our country. Nigerian fans had a good time and had fun yesterday. My own son is in the same situation and if he chooses to play for England I'll support him but won't bat an eyelid if he is booed if he plays against Nigeria.
Last edited by aruako1 on Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Wow, 4 pages on booing a player....English fans invented booing

Did Alli care, didn't think so.....

I thought the fans that came to the match was just enjoying themselves and was not done with Malice, in fact the comment in the office was that.....the Nigeria fans were attempting to boo him and can't get that right....

The boos were not malicious, in fact when he was tackledand was on the floor, no one booed him. Sterling was booed for diving, Kane for scoring the first goal.

Who remembers Sol Campbell's first game at spurs after signing for Arsenal.....the atmosphere was frightening. Was not the case yesterday, was all in good fun....

If Tibite or 1naija knows the boys and are personally invested - like family members. Then the thread is partially understandable but this is typical Nigerian attitude of making a molehill look like a mountain. In the scheme of things......MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

aruako1 wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:It has nothing to do with football culture and everything to do with Nigeria's pettiness and ridiculousness. You people need to stop trying to spin this one. The young man owes Nigeria nothing, if he feels no connection there then that's all there is to it, life goes on. He's English.

If we hate him so much why is he not front page on this site every day -(he is a big player)? You need to give it a rest. The fans did what other fans do - they booed one of their own who decided to play for another team. We do not need Dele Alli to beg to play for us even as we have not fixed our country. Nigerian fans had a good time and had fun yesterday. My own son is in the same situation and if he chooses to play for England I'll support him but won't bat an eyelid if he is booed if he plays against Nigeria.
:lol: :lol:

Liar.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

:lol: :lol:

Liar.
You can speak for yourself. I'll speak for myself. My son knows I am a Nigerian fan and will understand why he is being booed. And even at 6 he is not as sensitive as you.
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

Nice read (the Mirror article) but £60,000 a week? Dele Alli? That’s a bargain.
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

A footballer on the opposing team gets booed by fans of the team he is playing against and folks are writing epistles. Wow!! :shock: :shock:

As Damunk has taken care to explain, this is standard fare in football and in fact sports. As long as the fans do not resort to discriminatory and unsavory attacks, there is nothing at all to see here. If I was at the stadium, I will find any reason - including the slightest and most tangential of reasons like Kane stealing goals from teammates - to boo any English player in an attempt to rattle the player and throw him off his game.

This is one of the limited ways fans have to make their presence felt and players that have not been desensitized to that need to sit down on their team psychologist's couch a little longer.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Ol boy, e be like somebody don vex you this morning.
It's not that serious.
Honestly. :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Dele has not taken time to associate with his heritage, there is no way AJ will get booed, this is a boy that spent a year in Nigeria atleast respect the fans and country, and this is a lesson to all those that raise kids abroad teach them to respect their heritage. Is his right not to but then it is our right to show our displeasure with him.

If he had gone on media showed respect to country and the fans, tell us about playing on the streets of lagos. He was there for a year, even talk about jj.

If my kid is blessed enough to play for England he has to acknowledge his roots or he gets booed, AJ does it time and time again.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Damunk wrote:

Ol boy, e be like somebody don vex you this morning.
It's not that serious.
Honestly. :lol:
Ni mind the guy. See AJ the guy will work into any naija place and his dad left his mum, it cost you nothing to aclnowledge were you cone from and he would have followed naija footie.
You dont need to put down one because you are representing another.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

After the game on the pitch Sterling came to greet the naija players. Little things like that matters
Oya back to the matter
open and close
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I thought the booing wasn't personal and more jokey style ribbing. For all of you angry that he's playing for England, get over it, they developed him. Super Eagles can't play absentee then come for every player with a Nigerian ancestor and think its our divine right to them.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

kalani JR wrote:I thought the booing wasn't personal and more jokey style ribbing. For all of you angry that he's playing for England, get over it, they developed him. Super Eagles can't play absentee then come for every player with a Nigerian ancestor and think its our divine right to them.
Kpom!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dele should thank his stars I wasn't at the stadium, nah sand i for pour inside him mouth
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Prince wrote:Dele has not taken time to associate with his heritage, there is no way AJ will get booed, this is a boy that spent a year in Nigeria atleast respect the fans and country, and this is a lesson to all those that raise kids abroad teach them to respect their heritage. Is his right not to but then it is our right to show our displeasure with him.

If he had gone on media showed respect to country and the fans, tell us about playing on the streets of lagos. He was there for a year, even talk about jj.

If my kid is blessed enough to play for England he has to acknowledge his roots or he gets booed, AJ does it time and time again.
This Naija thing, you feel it or you don't. Why blame Dele? After all we have grown men that grew up in Iseyin and Abakalilki that clearly have no love for Naija.

Dele Alli is way more English than Naija. So is Eyeb, Onuoha before him and a slew of others.

However we have people like VMoses, Iwobi and AJ who more than make up for them. Tbh I think I prefer VM and Iwobi to Alli anyway. His game is very Englishish although he surprised me yesterday.
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg

Post by DIMKA76 »

Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:Funny thing is many of you justifying the boos have pikins that can chose to represent their country of birth instead of Nigeria. I wonder how you would feel if the boos directed at someone you know because they chose to represent their country of birth. I think it was stupid to boo him.
You dont understand football culture, so forget it.
Go back to running commentary on rounders, abi na baseball una dey call am for US.
If my pikin ever played for England vs Naija and gets booed, we will laugh about it because we understand the context.
Na yabbis - and recognition.
Simple. 8-)
So you're in your sons head and know how he would react to every possible situation? ok oh!!
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

airwolex wrote:
Prince wrote:Dele has not taken time to associate with his heritage, there is no way AJ will get booed, this is a boy that spent a year in Nigeria atleast respect the fans and country, and this is a lesson to all those that raise kids abroad teach them to respect their heritage. Is his right not to but then it is our right to show our displeasure with him.

This Naija thing, you feel it or you don't. Why blame Dele? After all we have grown men that grew up in Iseyin and Abakalilki that clearly have no love for Naija.

Dele Alli is way more English than Naija. So is Eyeb, Onuoha before him and a slew of others.

However we have people like VMoses, Iwobi and AJ who more than make up for them. Tbh I think I prefer VM and Iwobi to Alli anyway. His game is very Englishish although he surprised me yesterday.
Oga its just showing respect, am not saying he has to play for Nigeria of course we are proud of him but you dont have pretend you dont have an hertage just to belong.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Who’s AJ?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

K wrote:Who’s AJ?
Anthony Joshua
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

DIMKA76 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
1naija wrote:Funny thing is many of you justifying the boos have pikins that can chose to represent their country of birth instead of Nigeria. I wonder how you would feel if the boos directed at someone you know because they chose to represent their country of birth. I think it was stupid to boo him.
You dont understand football culture, so forget it.
Go back to running commentary on rounders, abi na baseball una dey call am for US.
If my pikin ever played for England vs Naija and gets booed, we will laugh about it because we understand the context.
Na yabbis - and recognition.
Simple. 8-)
So you're in your sons head and know how he would react to every possible situation? ok oh!!
Duh! :roll:
I don't need to be in my son's head for "every possible situation" to know what he's likely to think in "some" - if not most - possible situations.
If you are clueless about yours, just say so. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bottom line is, I am in tune with my kids and I can categorically say that this scenario we are describing here is not going to be a big deal. They are made of sterner stuff, are very comfortable in their dual national identities and have a very good understanding (and appreciation) of Nigerian culture and humour.

Its not too hard to achieve if you get the mix just right, like I happen to have done.
My daughter is the one telling me that nowadays, to be Nigerian is to be "different" and therefore "cool". :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

what was wrong with the treatment of Dele Alli?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

3 years from age 8 to 11.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I wonder about this guy sometimes. He is clearly a socialist that supports the Chinese model of government. Now he won't let fans be fans. Fans are petty BTW. It is right of fans to be petty. I will boo him every chance I get. He also plays for Spurs. That is double jeopardy.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx